Proving A Point

Galing kay KaylaSue321

Erika Mayfair is the cheerleading captain at her high school. She isn't your average preppy girl though, she'... Higit pa

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Four

601 20 1
Galing kay KaylaSue321

Good morning beautiful readers! What did you think of that last chapter?! Dakota and Erika are slowly getting closer :) they are the cutest! I hope you are all enjoying this story thus far! Here is your update!<3

(ABOVE IS WHO I'VE CHOSEN FOR MARIA)
————————————

"We need to go get our dresses for the homecoming dance before all the good ones are picked over and we are left with garbage." Chelsea whined on the way to lunch.

"Chels homecoming is a month away, we have plenty of time." I brushed her off as we walked, leave it to her to want as much time as possible or else she will stress.

"Umm we have twenty nine days... that's less than a month." She sarcastically corrected me making me roll my eyes at her accuracy.

"Same thing. Don't worry we will go this weekend." I told her and she instantly perked up.

"Go where Barbie?" Dakota came out of nowhere and threw his arm over my shoulder and walked casually beside me making me arch my eyebrow at him in confusion at him touching me in public even though I was over the moon with it.

"To get our dresses for homecoming." I answered slowly in shock that he was walking with me as people stared at us in confusion with questioning looks on their faces but no one said anything.

"About that, do you have a date?" He asked and I snapped my head his direction making me almost stop in my tracks.

"No." I shook my head answering him.

"You do now. Wear something red." He winked at me and then dashed down the hallway to catch up Christian. I was quiet the rest of the walk to the cafeteria meanwhile Chelsea was gushing on and on with her 'I told you so's'

"I told you he was going to ask you!" She sang once more and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her....again.

"Whatever now shut up and let's eat." We got our food and then made our way to our table. I threw my bag down and then sat down and started to eat.

"You're going to look so good in something red, red suits your fair skin tone and matches your hair." She kept going on and on about this damn dance but honestly I was growing more and more excited by the minute now that I was going with Dakota.

"I'm trying to eat here." I pointed to my food.

"Fine grumpy pants no more dance talk but we are going shopping Saturday whether you like it or not." She held her hands up in mock surrender.

"Deal!" I went back to eating praying that she didn't bring up the dance again and thankfully she didn't.

"Hey baby." Matt joined us at lunch and sat down right to Chelsea.

"Erika can I please talk to you?" Brian walked up to our table, his face etched with sorrow.

"About what?" I asked giving him the benefit of the doubt.

"The other night. Look I'm really sorry, okay? I don't know why I acted that way. Why don't we just start over what do you say?" I tilted my head in confusion. Was he out of his mind?

"Look there's no reason to be sorry. I shouldn't have agreed to go to the party with you in the first place. I have feelings for someone else and that's not fair to you or to him. Besides I won't give you the one thing you look for the most, sex. No hard feelings though okay?" I smiled apologetically trying to be the bigger person when I shouldn't with the way he treated me the other night.

"I guess I can accept that. I'm glad we cleared that up. I'll catch up with you later Erika." He smiled sympathetically and then left as quickly as he came.

The rest of lunch was uneventful which I welcomed. I walked to P.E after lunch with Chelsea hot on my heels catching up with me after saying goodbye to Matt.

"Today is the timed mile and I do not want to do this shit we literally just ate lunch I'm going to puke if I run." I whined and Chelsea giggled at my demise.

"Awh you poor baby!" She pinched my cheek as she caught up with me.

"Easy for you to say you get to digest your food for two classes before you have to do it." I shot daggers at her with my eyes.

"Good point but at least you get it over with."

"True. I wish you were in that class though. The only people I talk to are Alessia and Clarissa." I sighed as I opened the door to the gym and walked in after saying goodbye to my friend. I walked into the locker room and found my gym locker and opened it. I grabbed my workout clothes which consisted of yoga capris and our school gym shirt. I put my bags into my locker and then started to change.

"And so I told him that it was over. I'm not looking for something that serious but he just doesn't get it." Maria's voice filled the locker room as she walked while talking to two of her friends.

"You broke up with Gabriel?" I asked, throwing my hand over my mouth. Her head snapped my way as she knitted her eyebrows together in confusion hell even I was surprised I had spoken to her when she is clearly not fond of me.

"Um not that it's any of your business but yeah." She nodded slowly and tilted her head to the side.

"Why?" I asked, again putting myself into her business when it was clearly none of mine.

"We just want different things besides I have my eyes on something or should I say someone else." She answered throwing her short hair over her shoulder and turned to walk off. Poor Gabriel must be so upset but honestly he is better off without her. She isn't very nice and she seems like a real bitch.

I put my clothes into my locker and locked it and then made me way into the gym and found somewhere to sit while we waited for everyone else to join us.

"Alright class, today is the timed mile. That's all we have planned for today. After you are finished you are free to talk amongst yourselves as long as it stays at an acceptable level-" Coach Roberts shook his clip board as he spoke but was cut off when the gym door opened and the person who walked in caught my attention and fast. Dakota.

"What can I do for you Mr. Tahlee?" Coach Roberts asked in an impatient tone.

"I got a new schedule so some of my classes changed. I'm in this class now." My heart skipped a beat just hearing his voice.

"Very well. Go get changed and quick, we've got some running to do." Coach dismissed him and Dakota stalked towards the guys locker rooms to change while we all waited for him.

He came back out a few minutes later in running pants and his gym shirt and running shoes.

"Now that everyone is ready let's make our way outside." Coach gestured for us to get up and pointed towards the door.

"Hey Barbie." Dakota sprinted to catch up to me and slowed down once he did.

"Hey there. So you're in this class huh?" I asked making small talk.

"Yeah my last three classes got moved around." He pulled out his new schedule from his pocket and handed it to me and I looked over it while we walked.

"We also have history together." I handed him back his schedule. We went from having one class together to three but I was excited about that meaning I get to see him more.

"At least I'll have one familiar face in there." He winked at me and folded his schedule back up and put it back into his pocket.

"Lucky you." I teased and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen! You know how this works this isn't the first time we've done a timed mile. When I say go you go! Simple as that. Are you ready? GO!" He yelled and everyone took off sprinting desperate to beat one another meanwhile I just slowly jogged, Dakota ran at a steady pace right beside me.

"Hey Dakota! I'm so glad you're in this class now, I broke up with Gabriel meaning I'm available!" Maria caught up to us and ran along side Dakota batting her eyelashes at him.

"What makes you think I'm interested in you?" He asked, his tone laced with enough ice to make shivers slide down anyone's spine.

"Because I can give you the one thing she won't." She gestured towards me with hate in her eyes, what I did to her I don't know for her to despise me that much.

"And what is that?" I asked snapping my head her way narrowing my eyes at her. The more she threw shade at me the more I was starting to hate her and I don't hate anyone except for Steve.

"Oh don't play innocent Mayfair. We both know you're a virgin. You won't give into him. He will get bored with you and come looking for a real woman and when he does I'll be waiting." Maria smirked and I did the one thing I never imagined myself doing, I lunged passed Dakota and on top of Maria, knocking her down on the track.

"You bitch!" She tried to slap me but I grabbed both of her wrists and pinned them down on each side of her head while she thrashed from underneath me.

"Whose to say I haven't already slept with him?" I taunted her and pushed her wrists into the tar on the track making her wince in pain.

Dakota grabbed me from around the waist in one swift motion and pulled me off of Maria leaving me swinging in his arms.

"Ooooo I hit a nerve didn't I?" She narrowed her eyes at me again and I tried to push myself out of Dakotas grasp to lunge at her again but he pulled me tighter against him.

"Erika, Maria do we have a problem?" Coach Roberts yelled from across the field. I was shoving with all of my might to get out of his grasp, she definitely hit a nerve, and I was ready to whoop her ass.

"Maria Sanchez, Erika Mayfair make it an extra mile for both of you! Now split up before it becomes a detention." He warned and Maria pranced over to her friends like she won this little tiff and I so badly wanted to knock that smug look off of her face.

"Let me go!" I snapped trying to free myself from Dakotas grasp and after a few seconds of me struggling he finally let me go. I started running again, this time faster than just jogging, she had gotten under my skin. I was mad and I was taking it out on the track.

"You know you were basically implying that we slept together right?" Dakota smirked as he ran at the same speed beside me. I pushed off the ground using my weight to carry me faster.

"Shut up!" I groaned in frustration but he was right I had implied that we had slept together but I didn't care if she believed it or not. It wasn't true so what's the harm?

"You were really going to kick her ass weren't you?" He asked curiously while we continued to run.

"That was my plan." I nodded answering him. Before today I had no issue with her but now I did. She made it clear that she wanted Dakota and that was enough for me not to like her but her attitude towards me when I did nothing wrong was enough to make me hate her.

"That is kind of hot." His tone was playful and I reached out and smacked his arm.

"Not helping!" I groaned as we finished our mile but I still had another one to go thanks to my own anger but it was worth it. Dakota kept running even after he finished his mile. Everyone else was sitting in the bleachers except for me, Dakota, and obviously Maria, who was running behind us watching our every move.

"You have nothing to worry shout Barbie. She's not my type. I've got my eyes on a certain red head." He winked and I felt my face run hit from blushing.

Did he mean that? I had nothing to worry about? Sure she's beautiful and willing to put out, the perfect irresistible combination. Then is clicked, Dakota is who she has her sight on, she wants him! I mean how could you not?! He is perfectly flawless, he is smart, the bad boy, all the traits that make you irresistible to girls. I felt reassured that he said she wasn't his type but I've seen first hand how persuasive she can be. One thing is for sure is that she better not even think about trying anything, because I don't share, even is he isn't mine to share in the first place.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

17.2K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
338K 11.7K 56
| NOT YOUR AVERAGE CLICHE | - COMPLETED (It's basically a cliche with a little twist) He was just another typical Badboy. But with a little twi...
30.6K 534 37
Allie was your Grade A typical Tom-boy who hid her crush on her neighbor, best friend, and mostly hero Michael James. He was a mama's boy through an...
304 37 19
It's been 3 years since Ava Clarkson shifted towns. Starting her new life she decided to put the past behind her and live a ordinary life but will th...