Chapter Forty Two

Hello my loves! So she forgave him...how could you not?! Here is your update!<3
——————————-

"You forgave him, didn't you?" Chelsea asked the minute I walked into her bedroom before I even had the chance to sit down on her bed.

"How'd you know?" I asked knitting my eyebrows together.

"Because your face has color to it! You look happy." She smiled softly. She knew me better than anyone so it's no wonder she could tell now.

"Yes I did. Well I'm trying to at least. Does that make me stupid?" I plopped down on her bed and kicked off my shoes and sat cross legged.

"No it doesn't make you stupid Erika. You love him." She smiled sympathetically at me and I nodded. Boy did I ever, love him.

"I told him that." I smiled. I told her start to finish everything Dakota told me and she sat and listened intently not once interrupting me.

"What happened to his car?" She asked cautiously and it dawned on me that I didn't even ask him about it.

"I didn't even bring it up." All that explaining and I didn't even ask about his car. I felt guilty for doing what I did to it and I didn't even apologize, should I? I was just so mad at him that it seemed like a good idea at the time. How could he even want to be with me after I did that? The look at his face as I smashed that crowbar onto his car was haunting. So many emotions were readable in his eyes regret, sadness, shame, anger just to name a few.

"I need to pay for the damages." I huffed and made a mental note to talk about his car tomorrow when I go to The Lanes.

"Yeah you do Carrie Underwood." She teased and I sighed, I know I looked like a mad woman out there smashing all of his windows and leaving at least twenty dents on the hood of his car if not more than that.

"Have you seen the videos? I look like a psychopath." I groaned and threw myself backwards on her bed.

"You were hurt, he's just lucky you didn't slash the tires on that motherfucker." She laughs and I joined her even though I felt bad.

"It will blow over before you know it. What are you going to do about Maria?" She asked cuddling closer to me.

"Nothing? She's not worth my time." I shrugged and snuggled closer to my bestfriend.

"You deserve to be happy Erika. Don't let her take that from you." She whispered and I nodded knowing she was right.

"Oh I won't." I mumbled back and felt myself starting to drift off. Maria wanted Dakota, no doubt about it. It all adds up. She never had a problem with me until he and I started this whole thing. She seen me getting closer to him so she broke up with Gabriel and was throwing herself at Dakota. Then the day after the dance and the day after she seen me leave with him she brings up the bet. It all made sense now. Well I wasn't going to let her ruin this for me. No way in hell.

I woke up the next morning and felt refreshed and happier now that everything was back to normal. Well not normal because I don't know exactly where we go from here. I woke Chelsea up and made my way down to my room to shower and get ready for school. I turned on my shower and waited for the water to heat up. I stripped down and climbed into the shower and washed and conditioned my hair and shaved my whole body, the hot water relieved my tense muscles and calmed my nerves.

I turned the water off and wrapped myself in a big fluffy towel. I walked into my bedroom and searched for something to wear today. I settled on dark wash jeans, a dark tan sheer button up shirt with a brown tank top underneath and some brown boots. I put on a brown matching bra and boy short underwear seat and then got dressed. I decided to blow dry my hair and straighten it and then I added some mascara and eyeliner to make me eyes stand out. I sprayed myself with some perfume and was actually happy with my appearance. I grabbed my phone off the charger and grabbed my bag from the floor and made my way out the door.

"Wow you look great Erika! Want a ride to school?" She asked offering me a huge smile, happy to see I'm no longer in sweats and actually put an effort in to my looks today.

"No thank you! I'm going to Dakotas after school." I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I don't know where he and I go from here or what the future holds for us or if there even is a future but I will just take it one step at a time.

"Okay!" She winked at me and smacked me on the ass before we both left and drove to school. I turned my radio up and actually sang along to the music enjoying my little concert before I pulled into the parking lot. I parked my car and climbed out and grabbed my bag before I made my way inside. Some people looked at me like I had lost my mind but others didn't seem to care either way.

"Hey Barbie. Chelsea. Matt." Dakota came from behind me and leaned against my locker. He smiled brightly at me and dipped his head in a what's up kind of way to Chelsea and Matt. Matt shot him a glare before Chelsea shoved her elbow into his ribs making him cough awkwardly.

"Hey." Matt snapped and rubbed the spot where my friend just jabbed him. The tension between the two guys was so thick you couldn't even cut it with a knife.

"Be nice to him!" Chelsea hissed glaring at her boyfriend who's eyes softened when he looked at her. Dakota shifted uncontrollably between both feet and I looped my arm around his and leaned against him, a small smile formed on his lips.

"Why do you call her Barbie?" Chelsea asked curiously twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers. I've always wondered why he calls me Barbie but have never asked so I was curious too.

"Uhm...well it started because I thought she was some pretty prissy stuck up cheerleader...like a Barbie." He shrugged and I smacked his arm earning a bright toothy smile.

"Relax babe, I don't think that anymore. You're more than just pretty and not at all prissy." He planted a kiss on my temple and I almost swooned but fought it off.

"Well we will see y'all later!" Chelsea winked and pulled Matt away dragging him by his arm, no doubt going to give him an ear full.

Dakota walked me to first period and even gave me a quick kiss earning a few shocked stares from people but we both were unfazed by them.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. I was sitting in my last class of the day when my phone vibrated. I took it out and opened the text message that popped up, it was from Dakota. It was a picture that I took yesterday on his phone, one of us side by side faces smooshed together and we were smiling so hard. We both looked so happy. Underneath the picture he typed

'I love your smile, you're so beautiful." My heart melted at his message. This is a completely different side of Dakota. He is walking me to classes and sending me cute little messages, a different side that I certainly could get used to.