Chapter Forty

Holy shit Batman! That chapter was intense?! I thought so lol well I hope you are all enjoying your day and I hope this chapter makes it that much better!

XoXo Kayla!<3
———————————

It's been a week since that night, the night my heart was broken. I haven't went to school, I haven't eaten anything, I have been in bed sulking. I was too embarrassed and humiliated to go back to school and I was too broken to eat because I knew I'd throw it up. The videos that were recorded that night were uploaded on Facebook and other social media's so I was utterly humiliated not only by what I had done and how I acted but because everyone knew what happened.

"Erika, are you coming to school today?" Chelsea asked as she peaked her head in my room.

"No." I mumbled and pulled the covers back over my head. I didn't want anyone to see my like this, I didn't even want to see myself like this.

"Don't give him the satisfaction in knowing you're hurting. You should come and show him that you're okay without him. Show him that he messed up and what he is missing out on." She sat down on the edge of my bed and started to rub my back in hopes of soothing me, but it wasn't working. I feel bad because I know how hard she was trying.

"That's the thing, I'm not okay without him." I admitted and pulled the blankets down to look at her. Everyday she tried to get me out of bed and everyday I refused until she gave up.

"I know, but he doesn't need to know that. Please? Come to school for me?" She pleaded and pushed out her bottom lip and I groaned knowing I was going to give in not only to her but I wanted to see if he was as affected by this as much as I was. To see if he was hurting too, part of me wished he was.

"Fine." I crawled out of bed and stalked towards the bathroom and flicked on the light. My reflection haunted me, my eyes had dark bags under them from crying and lack of sleep. My skin was paler than usual. I tossed my hair into a messy bun and splashed cold water on my tear stained cheeks. I brushed my teeth and put on deodorant.

"I'll be by your side through this. I promise." Chelsea offered me a sympathetic smile as she watched me change out of my pajamas and into a pair of black sweatpants and a dark grey oversized hoodie and then put my black converse on.

"If you want me to go, I'm going like this." I gestured towards my clothes but instead of suggesting I change she only nodded. I left my hair in its bun and didn't even bother with makeup, there was no point. I know I looked like a zombie but I didn't care.

"I'll drive." She suggested and I shrugged not wanting to take my car anyway. I grabbed my backpack and my phone and turned it back on and it started blowing up with missed calls, texts, and voicemails mostly from Dakota. A few were from my mom just checking to see how the dance went and I sent her a quick text that I broke my phone and had to get a new one and that the dance was good. I know I lied to her but I didn't need her worrying for nothing. I locked my phone and laid it in my lap and stared out the window as Chelsea drove to school.

She parked her car by Matt's truck and together we got out of the car. I felt people looking at me and whispering and suddenly I felt myself wishing I didn't come today but I took a deep breath in and let it out before I started to walk up the stairs to the school.

"How is she doing?" Math whispered concern laced in his voice. I was more than thankful he carried me away that night, I didn't want anyone to see me fall apart the way that I did but there was no way I could have walked on my own.

"The same, but at least I was able to get her out of bed today." She sighed, I know it was killing her to see me so upset knowing she can't do anything for me, but I needed time to heal myself.