BLOOD CURSE

Od AnaisC20

Vampyre and Pirate Captain. Lyria Blackwood was many things but she never expected to become the salvation of... Více

CAST
~ PROLOGUE ~
~ PART ONE ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ NINTEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ TWENTY ONE ~
~ TWENTY TWO ~
~ TWENTY THREE ~
~ TWENTY FOUR ~
~ TWENTY FIVE ~
~ TWENTY SIX ~
~ INTERMISSION ~
~ TWENTY SEVEN ~

~ FIVE ~

134 8 26
Od AnaisC20

Sun shone down on the Vampyre, highlighting the caramel hints in her dark locks, as she took a stroll through the now quiet streets of Tortuga. Walking alone was a rarity and one that she thoroughly enjoyed. She was able to enjoy the scenery without James or Caleb's muscular bodies blocking the views, she was able to think to herself without having to make conversation with a member of the crew.

For a small amount of time, she didn't have to be the feared Pirate Captain with a whole crew resting on her shoulders; she could just be a regular woman in Tortuga.

No weapons were visible but she had a dagger in her boot and another hidden up her sleeve. Just because she wanted to be a normal woman didn't mean she was going to appear defenceless.

Reaching the main dock, she smiled at the sea breeze blowing back her hair, which she had left loose and free. Nothing made her happier than the sight of the waves crashing upon the shore, the fading of ships as they sailed to the horizon, the smell of salt that lingered in the air and her hair.

Morning was one of Lyria's favourite times of the day. The promise of a new day filled with unexpected events. More importantly, mornings gave her a chance to fill her day with violence. If someone pissed her off that morning, she would find a way to take out her annoyance in some bar fight. If she had yet to feed, the night would bring her a chance to fill her stomach. Mornings planned out the rest of the day.

Lost in serene thought of the ocean, Lyria barely had a chance to turn before her stalker had her pinned to the side of a building, arm placed on her throat. Hearing the thrum of his heart, Lyria realised he was human and instead of fighting back, she allowed the man to think he had her trapped. Curiosity won over her instinct to attack.

"May I help you?" Lyria asked, forcing herself to choke out the words; making the man think he was hurting her slightly. She felt his grip loosen slightly.

"I'm here to deliver a message." His voice was gruff and deep. Scars littered the arm pressed against her trachea, and she could tell from the rough handling that he was a Pirate.

"Get on with it then. As much as I do enjoy the feeling of a muscular body against mine, I have more important things to do this morning."

"For someone being choked, you're awfully calm."

"You need to deliver a message. For me to hear the message, I need to be alive." Lyria snapped, patience wearing thin.

"The person who sent you the Black Spot wishes you to meet him at The Broken Hull. As the sun begins to dip below the horizon. If you do not, the consequences will be catastrophic."

And without giving her the chance to come up with a sarcastic response, the man released her and hurried off without a second glance.

________________________________________________________

How dare he order her around?! Lyria thought to herself as she slammed cupboards and drawers in her Quarters.

Ordering her crew to enjoy themselves in any tavern other than The Broken Hull, even giving them permission to feed, Lyria used the silence of the ship to curse the man in her head. And sometimes out loud as she searched for her finest fighting leathers and corset.

Caleb and James had been informed of her plans for this evening, and were to follow her to the tavern but sit on a table far away enough to be hidden, but close enough to hear the conversation.

Strapping her sword around her waist, Lyria checked that not a hair was out of place before exiting her cabin. Be it with words, swords or looks, she was getting the Spot removed and getting rid of the man who threatened her crew.

________________________________________________________

As soon as the trio approached the street that The Broken Hull resided on, they could tell why it had been chosen as the meeting place. Busy, full to the brim, and noisy. Bar fights would not be uncommon and if any unfortunate deaths were to occur, they would not be questioned.

However, as soon as the infamous Captain Lyria Blackwood entered, everyone hushed. Absolute silence.

"It would appear my reputation precedes me." Lyria announced, sizing up with patrons.

Caleb and James left her side, choosing a table and ordering some drinks. Everyone watched them as they did so.

Taking a step towards the group of men sneering at her, everyone's eyes snapped back to the frightful woman.

Stood behind the main man was the pirate that had pinned Lyria to the side of a building just this morning. Shooting him a flirtatious wink, Lyria stalked towards them until she was stood in front of a tall, muscular, handsome man with eyes as bright as the clear blue sea.

"Hello, Lucien. Long time no see."

________________________________________________________

Lucien Whitelock, Captain of The Mermaid's Revenge, attempted not to glare at the young woman stood before him. A woman who had cost him so much. The blond man resisted the primal urge to launch himself across the space between them and gut her with his sword. He had had a duty to protect those ships, those men. And, thanks to her, he had failed them.

"Cut the pleasantries, wench." Lucien spat, eyes burning with a hatred so profound.

"Wench? I guess we really are cutting the pleasantries, cad." Lyria's eyes held nothing but amusement.

Something that annoyed Lucien to no end. Stood there in her finery, hair left loose around her shoulders, Lyria knew she was riling him up. Not just with her words but with her mannerisms, her looks. The Vampyre knew that no matter what happened tonight, she was going to win this argument, and her Black Spot would be gone.

"Your tattoo really suits you." Lucien smirked, taking pleasure in the fact that Lyria's hand clenched in her anger, the Spot stretching as she did so.

Before walking over to Lucien, the black haired woman had removed her gloves so that her Black Spot was on show; her way of showing that Lucien's scare tactics didn't affect her.

"Your failure really suits you."

Lucien was not as good at concealing his emotions. Slamming his sword into the ground, he stood and stalked towards the Captain of The Crimson Rose. Eyes as blue as the Caribbean sea met dark brown ones. Blond stubble was forming around his chin and upper lip and Lyria had to admit that the facial hair suited him.

"It looks like something died on your face." Lyria smirked, noticing how Lucien squirmed uncomfortably at how close they were.

Much to the amusement of James and Caleb at the back, their Captain was not above petty insults. They were aware that she was just toying with him, riling him up until he burst so that he would look unhinged.

"Enough messing around, Blackwood. Why did you slaughter members of my crew? Give me back the treasure." Lucien growled, taking a step away from her.

"Everyone out!" Lyria demanded, venom seeping into her tone.

It was that tone of voice that had caused people to fear her; her sharp tongue and quick wit petrified everyone long before she placed the sharp blade of her sword against their neck.

Scraping of chairs and scared whispers filled the room as the patrons, and even the barmaids, scurried out of the room. Away from the wrath of the feared Captain Blackwood.

"Including your men."

Flecks of gold flickered and burned in her eyes as she turned them upon Lucien. Flinching, he held his ground.

"You must think me insane if you believe I'd be alone in a room with you."

"You send yours out, mine will go as well." Lyria bargained, motioning to the two Vampyres who revealed themselves from the shadows.

Lucien could not disguise the shock in his eyes. Somehow, he had not noticed her Second and Third even entering the building. Sighing in agreement, he motioned to his men to leave the tavern. Ensuring that every last pirate from The Mermaid's Revenge had walked out the door, Lyria informed Caleb and James to find the rest of the crew, or enjoy something to 'drink'.

Letting silence settle between the two Captains, Lyria could smell the tension rolling off the blond Captain. Eventually it became too much for the human and he demanded that Lyria start speaking.

"I am going to regret saying this but, Lucien, I need your help."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

13.8K 975 36
With Storm back in the game Isabella and the rest have an advantage over Lucian, but Lucian has many cards up his sleeves. Starting with his bite, he...
620 61 46
Upon the blurred line of morality and at the mercy of circumstance, two souls meet. Again. And again. And again. So, is it simply a coincidence or so...
19.1K 581 37
Arcane is the Colourless Dragon Warrior who doesn't particularly want to have anything to do with the prophecy that his blood was unfortunately tied...
786 143 17
Alexander Gray is a religious nobleman, who's sure that his mysterious illness is a curse from God. Lucien Blackwood is an infamous pirate captain se...