Love? In This Chaos!?

By Live_Till_It_Hurts

Two boys, one girl. And she has to choose one. This was supposed to be her biggest problem. And yet, here... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Update
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 8

541 64 45
By Live_Till_It_Hurts

Hi ya!

I can see most of you all hating Sanskar for his typical arrogant attitude. Hehe... 😂

Well, let's see if something changes. 😜

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 8 - Complications

#Next day#

Ragini, Swara and Kriti stared at the notice board ahead of them in disbelief. It read -

Notice :
All the classes have been cancelled till the College Fest to allow the students full time to practice for their performances. No student should perform to entertain. Perform to win!

"Unbelievable! The Principal is cancelling all classes just for practice? What the heck!?" exclaimed Kriti in disbelief.

Ragini put her hand on her chin in thought. "I don't get it. Mr. Maheshwari is already one of the richest business man in Delhi. Why is he so desperate to get those 20 lakhs?" she questioned out of curiosity.

"You know what people say Di. Money can never be enough for greedy people." Swara gave a snide comment.

"True. But that ain't the real cause." came a voice from behind them.

They turned to find Karan standing there with some charts.

"What do you mean Karan?"

"The College that wins the prize money would also get the title of being the best college in Delhi and not to mention international acclaim. That's why Mr. Maheshwari wants his College win no matter what."

"So that's why he is concentrating on it that much." Ragini concluded. "It ain't the money."

Karan nodded. "You and Swara should leave for the auditorium. All the performers have already arrived." Karan pointed towards the Common Room. "But first, go and sign in the log book. You all don't want your internal assessment marks to be deducted, do you?"

"Oh my! Lets go girls." Swara rushed ahead, followed by Ragini.

Kriti however, remained where she was, watching Karan go and throw the charts in the dumpster. She noticed he looked distressed and angry. 'Wow! He always seems so calm. What could have screwed his brain cells?'

"Um... I know you might even not want to talk to me since I'm just some unpopular, random person and not someone like you. But is there something wrong?" she asked hesitantly.

Karan looked at her pointedly. When he didn't answer, Kriti thought it would be best to leave. However, she heard him speak.

"Its our project." He spoke. "Me and Anto had been planning it for weeks. However, his father wants him to supervise the rest of the participants for the inter college science-competition. And a supervisor can't be a participant. Now all these charts are useless as we won't be able to present the project!" He kicked the dumpster in anger.

"Well, can't you take a different partner? There must be some programmer friend of yours who could help you with it, right?"

Karan sighed. "There are a few friends. But they have already partnered up with someone for the competition. And as for the rest ones, I would rather not participate than take them as partners and embarrass myself because of their worthlessness." he rolled his eyes as if to emphasize his point.

Kriti bit her lip. 'Should I tell him to take me as his partner in the competition? Or should I just shut up and leave? I...I think I should leave. He is just gonna laugh at me. I mean, why would he chose someone like me?' Kriti turned to leave. However, she stopped on hearing Karan's depressed voice.

"Guess I'll have to skip this year's competition." he sighed in defeat.

"I could help you!" Kriti couldn't hold back and blurted out.

"You? Really?" Karan looked at her in bewilderment.

Kriti regretted her words when she saw him looking at her in disbelief. "Forget it. I shouldn't have said anything. I should have known that you would only look down up on me."

She turned to leave. However, before she could move further, Karan caught her wrist. "How good are you at hack programs?"

"In my opinion, I think I'm better than the average students, although I've never tried much complicated programs, Your Arrogance!" she spoke in a pissed off tone.

Karan smirked. "Maybe you could be my partner. But first, I'll have to test your skills. If you qualify, you'll be my partner."

Kriti looked at him open-mouthed "You are agreeing to take me as your partner? For...for real?!"

Karan shrugged. "Desperate situations call for desperate measures. Go put your signature in the log book and then come to the computer lab. And don't forget the charts." commanding her, he walked forward with a satisfied smirk.

Kriti looked on with wide eyes. 'Did...did he just....did he just accept me as his partner?!' Kriti jumped up in joy, but soon composed herself 'Calm down Kriti! You still have to pass his test, remember? Lets not keep him waiting. Better get going!'

She turned to bring the charts, which she noticed, were in the dumpster "Ugh! He could have got them out himself!"

#Corridor#

Ragini and Swara both put their signatures in the log book and rushed off to the auditorium. However, Swara collided into someone on the way and fell down. It was Laksh.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fin-ow!" Swara exclaimed, as she felt the bruise on her knee sting.

"I'm so sorry! Come with me please. We need to get you some first-aid."

"No need Laksh. I can go with her. You can leave" Ragini assured, coming near to help her sister.

"No Ragini. You should leave for the auditorium. Sanskar doesn't like delay in his work. I'll go with Swara."

Ragink wanted to argue, but Swara's voice stopped her "Go Di. You're getting to sing with Sanskar Maheshwari. You can't take any chances of losing this opportunity!"

"I don't care Swa-"

"You should! Go Di!"

Ragini sighed and nodded in defeat.

#Auditorium#

Ragini looked around the auditorium, searching for Sanskar among the huge body of students there. Instead, she found Saara standing towards the last, with a frown on her face.

'Should I go and ask her where he is? But she hates Sanskar.' Ragini looked around again 'However, its not like I know anyone else here. Guess I have to go and ask Saara.'

"Hi there."

Saara turned to find Ragini approaching her. "You here? I thought you had refused to participate."

"Looooong story." Ragini spoke with an eye roll. "Anyways, why the sad face?"

Saara's mood became more gloom. "Father chose me to perform the duet with that black sheep. How disgusting! I would rather opt out of the competition than work with him!"

"No way. You can't opt out! I've heard everyone say that you're such a good singer. Besides, I've replaced you in the duet." Ragini spoke with a smirk.

On Saara's confused look, she explained "Laksh has convinced your father to let me sing in place of you. Now, you can perform solo. You don't need to partner up with your brother."

Saara's eyes widened. Slowly, her lips broke out into a smile. "This is probably the best news I've heard all day! Thank you Ragini."

"Anytime." Ragini nodded. She was about to ask the whereabouts of Sanskar, when she saw him sitting at the last rows of the auditorium.

"See you later, Saara."

"Bye Ragini." Saara waved at her 'Maybe she isn't so bad after all. I could be friends with her. Even if she is from a middle-class family.'

Ragini reached Sanskar and looked at him strangely. "When all are practicing either at the stage or near it, what are you doing here?"

"I like to practice in peace." He handed her a piece of paper "Memorize the lyrics. That will be our first song."

She looked at the words on the paper. Ragini smiled on seeing them. "Meh...no need to memorize. I already know this song by heart. Lets sing!"

Sanskar nodded and began to play the guitar. Soon, they both lost themselves in the song and sang with all their heart and soul.

#With Swara and Laksh#

After tending to Swara's injury, they were now heading towards the auditorium side by side.

'I think I would need to highlight this day in my dairy with big heart stickers. It's probably the best day of my life. Although it would be more awesome if she talked to me instead of just walking on ahead.' thought Laksh, sneaking a glance at Swara.

"Um...listen."

Laksh stopped in his tracks. 'Wow! God listened to my prayers. She's talking to me! Its so-' he saw her looking at him strangely. 'Answer her damnit! Or else she'll probably think of you as some weirdo.'

"Yes. I'm listening."

"Yesterday I...I was kind of rude to you, although it was Sanskar who was at fault. I got angry at you for no reason. So for that, I'm sorry." Swara spoke hesitantly.

"Oh. That's okay! I can understand why you were so angry. She is your sister after all. And to be honest, I know that Sanskar was being quiet unfair. Comes with being famous, eh?" he joked.

"Exactly! He was being so unprofessional and a hypocrite. I may be his fan, but I wanted to break his face an-" Swara's eyes widened in horror as she realized she said that in front of Sanskar's best friend.

Laksh took one look at her face and burst out laughing. He spoke once he recovered "Hahaha...don't worry. I won't complain to him. Besides, he may be my best friend, but I know how irritating he can be sometimes." he spoke with a wink.

Swara just nodded, still embarrassed for speaking out without thinking.

She looked at her watch. "We should be going. The rest must be waiting for us in the auditorium."

"Yes. Lets go." Laksh moved forward along with her 'Although, I wish we could just spend the time talking all day.'

#Auditorium#

Ragini and Sanskar were practicing their song and were about to end it.

"🎶 Piya O Re Piya...
Piya Re Piya Re Piya..
Piya O Re Piya...
Piya Re Piya Re Piya..🎶 " (~Sanskar)

"🎶Main Wari Jawan
Main Wari Jawan
Sathhoya Ki Ho ya Sur Re...
Rab Di Marzi hai
Apna yeh Milna
Barsa hai Hum pe Uska Noor...🎶" ~(Ragini)

(Both) ~ "🎶 Piya O Re Piya...
Piya Re Piya Re Piya..
Piya O Re Piya...
Piya Re Piya Re Piya...
Piya Re...
Piya Re...
Piya Re Piya ...🎶 "

They both ended the song and smiled at each other, previous enmity forgotten. They felt so content singing the song in perfect sync, that they forgot that they were supposed to hate each other.

"You aren't so bad at singing." commented Sanskar.

"Are you kidding me?! I was amazing! And as for you, you were quite good too."

"You're judging me? The great rockstar, Sanskar Maheshwari?" He asked with a smirk.

Ragini rolled her eyes. "Whatever! Give me the next song."

"It's a song I have written myself. Let me give you the lyrics for you to memorize." As he took out the paper from his pocket, his purse fell out. Ragini thought of helping him and crouched to pick it up. However, she found a family photo in Sanskar's purse. One where he, his Dadi, his Maa and Baba, Saara and Ansh- all were smiling at the camera. Sanskar had an arm slung over Ansh's shoulder, while Sanskar himself was smiling widely. Before she could look closely, Sanskar snatched his purse from her.

"You really look like a nice and happy family."

"Don't interfere in matters that does not concern you." spoke Sanskar in a cold tone. There was no trace of his previous playful mood.

"Eh? Why are you being so rude. I just commented because you all looked so happy. You and Ansh look like how brothers are supposed to act. Like best friends and not like 'arch enemies', as you two are now."

Sanskar abruptly stood up, with guitar in hand "That's enough for now. We will practice after lunch."

"What do you mean after lunch? We only practiced one song! Are you stopping because of my question? So what if I pointed out the fact that you two cared for each other once. Wh-"

"Shut up! Some things are better left undisclosed. Don't try to act like you know my family. The family which I despise!"

"You claim to hate them, yet you carry a picture of them? Why so? And that picture looks like it has been kept with utmost care. Why would you do that if you don't even care about them!?"

"Don't forget your place! You and I are working together for our own reasons. We are just partners for this duet, after which, we go back to being enemies. So stop trying to understand me and my reasons and stop trying to become my friend!" saying that, he stormed out of there.

Ragini looked at him go in anger and confusion. 'What is wrong with this guy? One minute he is talking nicely, and the next moment he talks to me like I'm dirt! It's like I committed a great sin by asking about his family.' she stood up and moved out of there 'Fine! I was just trying to understand him better, thinking that we can at least be civil to each other. But I guess he wants to remain enemies forever. So be it!'

"Wow! Who pissed you off Di?" asked Kriti, as she found Ragini walking out of the auditorium.

"Nothing Kriti. Just a stuck-up jerk, that's all. Where are you off to with this big battery?" she asked, noticing the book-sized battery in her hands.

"I passed Karan's test! And now we are working together for a project in the computer lab. That's where I'm taking this."

"Karan? As in General Secretary Karan?" Ragini asked in disbelief.

"Yes. And if you two are done chatting, we need to take the battery to the lab." spoke Karan, as he approached them.

"What do mean we? I'm the one doing the carrying. You're just walking leisurely, making a girl work while you relax. Some man you are!" Kriti complained.

"You yourself agreed to help me Kriti, remember? Besides, I'm doing the most important job. The job of managing you and giving instructions. Now come on, we haven't got all day" he said, as he strolled forward.

"Ugh! This guy is unbelievable! One of these days I will..." Kriti kept speaking on and cursing Karan while walking behind him towards the computer lab, while Ragini just looked at them go.

"What....just....happened?" she asked dumb-founded, to no one in particular.'Kriti and Karan, working together huh? I guess you see a new thing everyday.'

Ragini looked around, wondering what to do. She finally decided to visit the indoor pool at the college.

#With Swara and Laksh#

Swara laughed at something which Laksh said. While walking to the auditorium, they both chatted and found that there were quite a few things that they shared in common. Purab also had a good sense of humor and quick wit.

When they reached the auditorium, Swara felt disappointed as their time together had come to an end.

"So, I guess you will be joining those dancers over there, while I go to the singers." spoke Swara.

"Swara, you're singing solo, right?" asked Laksh.

"Well there is Ria with whom I will be singing a duet, and there are two songs I'll sing solo. Why'd you ask?"

"Well, I was thinking of doing something different in this Fest. I was thinking we both could perform together. I would dance, while you sing live. You could also dance on some steps with me while you sing."

"Wow! That's an amazing idea! But...but I don't know how to dance."

"Don't worry. I'll help you with the dance steps." He smiled "So, I guess you are ready to try it out?"

Swara nodded. They both smiled at each other and parted ways.

Unknown to them, someone had heard them talk and was fuming in anger. 'How dare this girl try to make advances on him? He is mine! I won't admit defeat this easily. He will be mine Swara. Watch me as I beat you to his heart!' she thought, smiling to herself with thoughts of Laksh.

"Saara?" She turned to find her brother Ansh standing there.

"Yes bhai?"

"Do you know where that new student Vivek is? I need to know who his partner is for the science competition."

"Eh? But that wasn't you duty, was it?"

Ansh sighed. "Father wants me to supervise all the participants. He wants no one to mess up and hence I'm being kept as their guard dog." he spoke in spite.

"I see. And as for Vivek, that guy would either be in class or running behind Kriti, or in the pool. Since classes were cancelled, I guess he should be by the pool."

"Thanks. See ya!"

#Indoor Pool#

Ragini went near the pool. She touched the water and looked at her reflection in it. It was so peaceful there.

"Boo!"

"Gahhh!" screamed out Ragini, as someone emerged from the water and shocked her to the core. She held her heart over her chest in fear.

Her shock soon turned into anger and she hit him on the arm. "Vivek! How could you?! I could have fallen in the pool!"

"Hahaha... you should have seen your face. And what's wrong with the pool? The water is great. Don't tell me you don't know how to swim."

"I really don't Vivek. So don't play such a joke on me again, okay?"

Vivek looked at her in realization and nodded.

"Well, I'm done. I'll be back after I change my clothes." spoke Vivek, as he got out of the water and headed towards the changing rooms.

Ragini sat at the edge of the pool and put her feet in the water "Ah! This feels so relaxing."

"Ragini?" she turned around when she heard someone call from behind her.

"Ansh? You here?"

"Hey there. What are you doing here? By the way, have you seen Vivek?"

"Yes, he went to change. And as for me, I just came here to relax. Your brother pissed me off!"

Ansh came and sat beside her. "If you hate him so much, just don't go near him."

"I partnered up with him for the duet. Staying away won't be possible. And don't ask why we partnered up. Loooong story."

Ansh chuckled 😁 "Okay okay. I won't."

"I just don't get that guy! I didn't even do anything. I just commented that you and he looked happy in the family picture he had with him an-"

"He had a picture of our family with him?" Ansh looked at her in shock.

"Yes. You find that strange too, don't you? I asked him, but he just stormed off!"

Ansh sighed. "No one has been able to understand him, no matter how much they want to." Ragini looked at him and noticed his sad look.

"You....you want to understand him too, don't you?"

Ansh nodded "We... we weren't always like this Ragini. We used to be the best friends, shared every thought with each other, never hid anything from the other. But then..then suddenly he started becoming distant. He started to hide things, got irritated easily and finally...finally he left after an argument with father, without so much as a glance towards me!"

He turned to her. "Everyone believes that I hate him because I blame him for my grandmother leaving India. But the truth is that...that me and Saara hate him because he left us without a thought! Sanskar was our idol, our elder brother. When...when were little, he would joke around that he hung the moon on the sky to chase away the ghosts for us. And we would believe him. Because for us, there was nothing that he couldn't do, nothing that he couldn't achieve. But that day, he just left. Without thinking about me or Saara. It was as if we never mattered to him, like we were something to be discarded without a care!" he was close to tears.

Ragini was about to put her hand on his shoulder, but he stood up abruptly. "I...I should go find Vivek." he spoke, trying to change the subject and hide his pain. She watched him go towards the changing rooms with sad eyes.

Ragini sighed and looked towards the water, thinking about both brothers. They reminded her of her cousins, Samay and Nikhil. She couldn't help but think of the amazing bond they shared. 'Maybe Sanskar and Ansh were like that. What could have made Sanskar change?'

Suddenly, she felt like someone was behind her. She felt like someone was approaching her.

However, before she could turn around, someone pushed her into the water, without giving her a chance to scream.

***********************************
To be continued...

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving a vote.
Thanks! ~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1.5K 13
What if the seeds of the storm that you have sown now threaten to wreak havoc in the life of the person you care about the most? Can you find the str...
143K 6.4K 70
Two estranged sisters, who were neighbors cum best friends meet by accident and make a pact to reunite their parents and rekindle their lost love. Bu...
Fated By Foresight Azure

Mystery / Thriller

43.7K 2.4K 22
One event sealed his fate. Now one question threatens to cloud everything that he believes: Do you really know the one you claim to love? He thought...
18.8K 809 6
this story is request of @Sonachopra at TheRagSanFairyland the story starts after the end of SwaRagini to know more peep in