Thick and Thin [l. hemmings]

By 5sosidk

'thought you'd be there through thick and thin' _____________ "I don't want to lose you, Kelsey." "You alread... More

Thick and Thin
playlist & cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
epilogue
authors note

nineteen

437 13 1
By 5sosidk

"I'm home, bitch!" Ashton calls, dropping his bags at his feet the second the front door swings open.

"Hey!" I exclaim, a skip in my step as I walk from the kitchen to the door to give him a hug.

"I was only gone for a few days, Kels." He laughs as my arms cling tightly around his waist.

"I told Michael about Kiana's wedding." I tell him, not wanting to wait to talk about this.

"Kels! Good! But, like, I just got home a minute ago. Let me close the door before we talk." He giggles, removing me from his waist and closing the door.

"Okay, door is closed. I told Michael about Kiana's wedding." I repeat as he picks up his bag.

"How did he react?"

"Well... I was vague at first. But then I told him I was actually in the wedding. He's super skeptical but didn't push me."

Heading up to his room, I follow as Ashton scoffs, "You really take advantage of the fact he's too nice and will never push you, huh?"

I stop in my spot on the staircase, looking up to him at the top. When he realizes I'm not longer right behind him, he turns to face me, "What?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"C'mon, Kels. You know I'm right." He chuckles, continuing to his room.

I quickly run up the rest of the staircase to catch up with him, "What's wrong with you?"

Ashton drops his bag onto his bed before turning to face me, "Me? Really? I'm sorry, Kels, but if I were in his place, I would not be putting up with this. You're always so shady. He tells you he knows something's up and you still hide it. I understand wanting to hide Luke, I get it. But every other thing you've hid from him? Makes no sense. If you love him, fucking let him in. Stop pushing him away. He's going to leave if you keep doing it."

"Did you talk to him?" I ask, trying to ignore Ashton's little rant because frankly it hurt, and I didn't want to act hurt in front of him at this moment.

Ashton sighs, beginning to unpack as I stand in the doorway to his room, "No, I didn't. I'm going off what you tell me and how you two act. Even if he were to ever say anything to me, I'd never tell you. Just like how I don't tell him anything we talk about. It's hard being in the middle of this relationship because I love both of you. I've told you that."

"Then why do you keep snapping at me?" I question, trying to hide my frown.

"Because somebody needs to be straight up with you! You need to understand that it hurts to not be trusted by somebody who says they're in love with you!" He exclaims, dropping his clothes down onto his bed in frustration as he turns to face me.

"But I did tell him! Why are you being like this?"

"You told him about being in a wedding! You didn't tell him who Kiana is and you didn't even bring up Calum, you haven't given him anything! I don't want to tell you what you have to tell your boyfriend, but the longer you wait the worse you look."

"I'm not telling him how close I am with them. He'll want to meet them or go Seattle or-"

"Why is that such a bad thing!" He yells, rubbing at his temples as if I'm giving him a headache.

"Because what if I'm in Seattle and we run into Luke somehow! What if Kiana or Calum mention Luke! Calum almost told Nina and Kyle about Luke being my husband!" I shout, still staying in my spot in the doorway.

"Because you aren't being completely honest with Kiana and Calum! Fuck, Kels! You went out with them, fuck, they were in our house! And you still never told him anything!" He screams back, starting his unpacking again.

"I'm sorry that I'm not fucking good enough!"

"That's not what I'm saying! Fuck! Come here." He groans, walking over to me, grabbing my wrists and pulling me over to his bed.

I let out a whine in protest as he pulls me, not wanting to be near him.

Ashton sits, pulling me to sit next to him. He takes a couple deep breaths as he tries to calm down before he starts to speak, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Kels. But also, I'm not. Michael doesn't deserve to be treated like he's not your boyfriend. He is. Act like it."

"I'm scared. And we have this same fight all the time. This is exhausting, and I just wish it was easier."

"I don't mean to fight with you. I just need you to realize these things. Telling Michael about Kiana and Calum doesn't mean he'll find out about Luke. Those two things are barely related at this point. Start being more honest."

Sniffling, I frown, leaning my head on his shoulder.

He sighs, "I'm not gonna change my mind because you're crying, Kels."

"I know," I sniffle again, trying not to cry, "I'm not crying."

"Just think about what I'm saying, okay? I'm gonna unpack. You can stay in here if you'd like." He tells me before he stands up, going back to his unpacking.

"I... I'll talk to you later." I reply, getting up and making my way to my own room.

Once I get back to my room, I shut the door before curling up in bed. I bring my sheets over my head before pulling my phone out, just staring at my messages with Michael.

I get where Ashton is coming from, for the most part. But I need him to understand my side. I know it's been a while since Luke and I have been apart. I know it should be okay to tell Michael about Kiana and Calum. But I can't bring myself to do it. Just telling him about Kiana's wedding was a lot.

Sighing, I turn my phone off, tossing it to the side and doing my best to force myself to sleep.

-

"Kels? Are you up?" Ashton quietly calls, knocking at my door.

"Come in." I mumble, as Ashton is already stepping into my room.

"I know you're probably mad at me or whatever, but Kyle is back early. He brought pizza with him and wants to know if you'll come eat with us."

"Maybe. I don't know. I'm comfy."

"Come say hi to him!" He smiles, but I turn away.

I'm really not that mad at Ashton. I was comfy. But I also didn't want to go out there and greet Kyle and have to be all excited and talk about our Christmases.

"Okay, well, we'll be downstairs. You should join." Ashton tells me, before he walks out and closes my door behind him.

Sighing, I sit up, trying to force myself to wake up. I know I should go downstairs. It just sucks Ashton and I haven't been getting along well.

Eventually I'm able to get out of bed, and slowly trek back downstairs.

"Hey, Kels!" Kyle smiles, waving at me as I enter the kitchen.

I giggle, "Hey, Kyle."

"How've you been?"

"I'm good. Yeah." I tell him, doing my best to smile. "How was your Christmas?"

"It was great. Didn't do much, but it was nice. I just needed to leave the family early. It was getting to be too much." He laughs, grabbing another slice of pizza from the box on the counter.

"I get that. I had to leave the second I could." Ashton replies.

"I assume you were with Michael the whole time?" Kyle asks, turning to face me.

I nod, "I mean, mostly, yeah, I guess."

Talking about Michael wasn't what I really wanted to do right now, but I get Kyle is just trying to be nice.

"You good?" He questions, looking more concerned.

I quickly glance at Ashton, sighing as I think about the fight and my conversation with Michael, "Yeah. I'm good. Things get tough sometimes."

"That sucks, I'm sorry. I'd offer to help, but I know you've probably already talked to Ashton." He laughs, shaking his head at us before he decided to leave Ashton and I in the kitchen.

I sigh, grabbing a slice of pizza and grabbing a plate so I can bring it upstairs to eat in my bed while watching Netflix.

"Kels, come on, don't be mad at me." Ashton begs, following me out of the kitchen.

"I'm not mad. I'm just gonna go get homework done. I'm so tired, it's fine." I tell him, weakly smiling at him.

He looks at me as if he doesn't believe a word I'm saying, but let's me head upstairs without another word.

_______________________

I hope y'all liked it. Seattle is a few chapters away. just wait! it'll be too much! I love my writing being overdramatic!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 650 30
"you're really afraid of falling, aren't you?" "you have no idea."
567K 9.3K 130
5SOS Preferences and Imagines.
588 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.
119K 1.2K 84
5sos preferences and imagines for your feels