Thick and Thin [l. hemmings]

By 5sosidk

'thought you'd be there through thick and thin' _____________ "I don't want to lose you, Kelsey." "You alread... More

Thick and Thin
playlist & cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
epilogue
authors note

eighteen

477 15 6
By 5sosidk

Rushing around the house I try to clean everything up, since I decided to procrastinate. I was going to clean the entire house the second all of my roommates were gone, but instead I ended up on Netflix most of the time. There's nothing like cleaning your entire house on Christmas morning. Well, afternoon.

Michael was going to sleep here last night, but he had to FaceTime his family at home last night and again this morning. I needed to clean anyways, so it worked out for me. He'll come by tonight and bring our dinner with him.

My phone rings, stopping the music that I have playing over the Bluetooth speakers. I groan, rushing to try and remember where I put it down. Finding it on the coffee table, I quickly pick up.

"Hello?"

"Kelsey! Merry Christmas!" Ashton cheers through the phone.

Giggling, a smile spreads across my face, "Merry Christmas to you too, Ashton."

"My mom got me the nicest fuckin' socks, Kels. You wouldn't believe."

A loud laugh passes my lips, "I'm glad you're very happy with your new socks."

"Oh, I am. I got other things, but these socks, dude." Ashton continues on.

"Are you okay?"

"Honestly... I'm a little drunk already. I had a bottle of wine, and like, a couple shots."

"Ashton! You're supposed to be with your siblings right now."

"And? My sister is drinking too. She's not that young."

"She's also not of age."

"Were you of age when you started drinking?"

I stop what I'm doing, a frown on my lips.

"Kels, I'm so sorry. I didn't say that. Rewind. Fuck. Kels-"

"Ashton, it's fine. I was underage."

"I'm so sorry." He mumbles, quietly sighing.

"It's okay. You should probably get back to them, though. I have to finish cleaning. Don't get too drunk, okay? You still have a dinner to go to."

"I know, I know." He replies, laughing.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"For sure. Have a great day with Michael!" He exclaims, before the two of us say our goodbyes and end the call.

Putting my phone back down, I grab my cleaning supplies once again, but to put them away. I was basically done, and I no longer had any motivation to continue.

The second I sit down after putting everything away, there's a knock at the door. Letting out a groan, I get back up and answer the door.

Michael's standing there holding up a McDonald's bag with a stupid grin across his lips, "Merry Christmas!"

I laugh, quickly kissing his lips, "Merry Christmas."

Michael steps in the house, going to put the food down as I lock the door once he's inside.

"I know, I'm early. But I figured we have an early dinner, and then order a pizza at midnight." Michael tells me, when I join him in the kitchen.

"Sounds like a perfect plan to me." I chuckle, as Michael pulls all the food out of the bag onto the counter.

We both grab our food and head out to the living room, deciding we'll eat out there and watch some That '70s Show.

"I cleaned this coffee table you better not get any mess on here." I tell him as we both place our food onto the coffee table.

"Don't worry. You can trust me." He chuckles, before we both begin to eat.

-

"Okay, we've binged over half a season of this show. We need a break." Michael laughs, stopping the show from automatically playing the next one.

"Okay, we'll watch a Christmas movie then."

"Let me order pizza and go grab some soda. Then we can." He laughs, getting up from the couch.

When I get a text from Kiana, I quickly open it. Worried I might react to it and if Michael were around, he'd have questions.

The information for her bridal shower is what most of the message is. It just contains the date, how it's going to be at her parents place, things like that. But then she sent another text saying she hopes I can stay a couple extra days to find me a bridesmaid dress.

School was the only things that would actually stop me, though I've been able to miss classes before without suffering too much.

Sighing, I quickly text her back letting her know I'll be there. Committing to it now means I won't be able to back or come up with some sort of excuse to not go. It's not like I don't want to, I'm just worried. I want to support Kiana, all I want is to be there for her. This is so important to her, it's important to me.

"What's going on? You look stressed." Michael asks, a small laugh leaving his lips.

I'll have to speak to him about Seattle at some point, right? Now is fine, right?

"Michael... I have to tell you something."

"Are you breaking up with me? Kels, it's Christmas, please-"

"What? No! Michael, it's not that serious, sorry for saying it like that."

"You gave me a heart attack." He replies, letting out a relieved sigh.

"I was just telling you that I'm going back to Seattle for a week. In February. I was just sent the details."

"Oh? I thought you were never going back?" Michael questions.

"Yeah. A high school friend of mine is getting married. She's asked me to help her out with some stuff for it."

"Just a high school friend? Okay." He says, clearly not believing me.

"Yeah. We were really close. I'm really glad I'm involved." I add, trying to do what I can to convince him, yet not go into detail about my past.

"Babe, are you in the wedding?" He asks, a quiet laugh leaving his lips.

"Uh. Yeah. I am." I mumble, looking around at anything but Michael.

"Kels, you can talk to me. I don't know why you don't tell me these things. I love you..."

"I love you too. I do. I just- I really don't like talking about Seattle. You know that. Going back home for this for the first time in years is going to be hard on me."

He sighs, "I know, Kelsey. It just sucks that you won't talk to me about it, but you and Ashton always talk about it."

"How do you know I talk to Ashton about Seattle?" I quickly ask, thinking I'll need to beat up Ashton when he comes back.

"I didn't. I assumed. I know now, though." He replies.

"Michael-"

"It's fine. He's your best friend. I get it. It's just- I'm your boyfriend. You're supposed to trust me with everything, you know?"

"Please don't get upset. Can we talk about this later? It's Christmas. I don't want to do this today."

"I just want to understand what's going on. That's all. Sometimes it seems like you're hiding a whole other life from me. I know you wouldn't. But that's just what it feels like."

I quickly look up in panic when he said I was hiding another life from him, but relax once he says he knows I wouldn't. Even though I sort of am, he can't know that. I'm going to divorce Luke and then that life will be gone. It'll be over, and I can be with Michael, guilt free.

"I just need time. I'll tell you eventually. I'm sorry." I mumble, avoiding looking at him.

He sighs, "It's okay. It's fine."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I love you. Okay? I love you. I know you've been through stuff. I know you can't talk about things. It's just hard to get used to that." He replies.

"I love you. I really do. We'll talk about Seattle someday. I promise." I tell him, reaching out to grab his hands, looking down at our intertwined fingers. 

"Look at me, Kelsey." Michael quietly says, gently squeezing my hands.

"I can't. I feel so bad. I'm sorry that I've put you through so much."

"Kels, babe, come on."

I finally look up at him, "I'm sorry."

"Stop. Let's forget this for now, okay? It's Christmas, let's watch Elf or something."

Nodding, I weakly smile at him. He's clearly still upset, but he knows I don't want to talk about it. I know he deserves an explanation, I can't give him one now, though. One day I will. I will.

_______________________

thank u for reading!! pls vote and comment ok luv y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 268 34
Story cover by @ewjimin on twitter.
788K 7.5K 107
book 2 of the 5sos preferences
32.6K 835 89
Just some preferences and imagine I like to do on 5SOS