Caged By Him

By moonchild80

"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist i... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's note.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Suggestions
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's note.
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97

Chapter 9

174K 3.5K 1.6K
By moonchild80

Enjoy, guys💕😙

Aurora's POV:

I'm sat in the garden with Tristan's mother, talking as we wait for lunch. I'm being extremely awkward and I can tell she's picking up on it.

"So, I was thinking that we can go shopping together when Aylina gets here." She excitingly suggests.

Who?

"Who's Aylina?" I politely ask.

"Oh, my daughter, Isaac's twin sister. She'll be taking a vacation so she can be present for the engagement party, the wedding. I got a feeling she'll love you." She rambles on, playfully nudging my arm, I just nod at her.

I'm very socially awkward and I have no idea how to make conversation of any kind, I'm crossing my fingers, hoping I don't say or do something embarassing.

"So, tell me about yourself. Your family." She asks, crossing her legs and leaning back on the chair.

I gulp.

I don't know what to say to her. I don't like talking about my family. It's always a very sensitive subject to touch up on.

"I- My mom passed away when I was 9. And my dad, he...uh. I don't live with him anymore." I manage to say as I look at her uncomfortably. She softens her eyes and grabs my hand.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry for your loss. You're a very strong young woman and I admire that." She says in a soft tone as she smiles at me. I smile back.

"T-Thank you."

"I got to say I didn't think my son would find such a charming, polite lady such as yourself." She compliments as I blush. "You're quite different from girls your age, very mature too. Most girls are all about parties and getting into trouble." She adds, rolling her eyes.

I guess she really does have an old fashioned mentality. Expecting girls to always be poised and perfect, staying at home.

But to be honest, I don't mind staying at home and not going to parties. Quite frankly, I find it rather comforting after experiencing what it's like in the streets. I guess I never was a party kind of girl. But I'm not against girls who are.

"You'll make a great wife for him. And he'll take care of you no matter what." She cups my cheek and smiles at me.

We spent the next couple of hours chatting. She went through all the topics I can think of. Suprisingly, she was very easy to talk to and she didn't judge me at all. I found that very comforting so I just started to be more myself around her. I even made her laugh.

She asked me about my relationship with Tristan and what I likef about him. I had to use my imagination for that one.

Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position. I always thought that by some miracle, I'll meet someone who I connect with, a soulmate. Then we'd embark on our journey together and spend the rest of our lives together. But now, there's no way out of this, he'll always find me. And if I run, he'll kill my friends.

Deep in conversation, we're interrupted by Tristan who strides in wearing a navy blue suit. He looks handsome but I still hate him.

"Mother, Aurora." He greets, his eyes landing on me to which I turn my head to the side.

"Are you and your father done with business?" She asks and he nods.

"Still a few things to sort out but yeah. You two seem to be getting along quite well." He states, not taking his eyes off me.

Would he stop staring at me? It's making me nervous.

"And why wouldn't we be? We're soon to be a family." She giggles, looking up at him and then at me as my face drops.

Family.

Will his mother ever find out the truth? That he forced me into this marriage. I wonder what she would do if she found out. Of course, I can't tell her. I learned the hard way not to mess with this man. He has no boundaries.

And I'm going to be his wife. God, just the idea makes me want to rip my hair off. I'll be expected to sleep next to him, be by his side at all time. He will never leave me alone.

"Lunch is served. Should we eat out here or in the dining room?" He questions.

"Let's just go inside." His mother stands up and adjusts her clothes. She's so posh.

I, still sitting on the chair, glance up at Tristan who's smirking as he looks down at me.

He soon extends his arm and gives me his hand, motioning me to take it which I do.

Standing up, he's quick to wrap his arms around my waist. He pulls me closer to him and hums against my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "God, you look so fucking beautiful." He compliments and my cheeks paint a dark red. He notices my blush, which urged him to step even closer to me, claiming my lips as his hand slide down and stay on my hips making me squirm.

What is he doing? Food awaits.

"Um, Tristan?" I say pulling out as he licks his lower lips and take it between his teeth. Something about the way he does it is so attractive for some reason.

Wait, what in the world am I saying?

"Right, let's go." He takes my hand and we walk out of the garden.

We pass by a vast hall leading to the dining room. A few men stood there, but one in particular caught my eye.

Liam.

I still remember everything he said to me. God, I loathe him. If it wasn't for him, I would've probably gotten back to my life. I stil regret calling him that night. And knowing that I'm marrying Tristan because he took me back, I'll keep on regretting that decision for the rest of my life.

We pass by him as Tristan holds me close to him. Can't he keep his hands off me for once? He's always manhandling me and I don't like it.

Liam gives me a glare before he bows his head, in respect. I'm guessing it's because his boss is here.

As we enter the dining room, everyone is already sat. Tristan pulls the chair for me, allowing me to sit then he takes a seat next to me.

The maids serve the food as Tristan's mother starts discussing the wedding. It's all happening so fast and I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to stop it. I stay silent and just nod along to whatever they're saying. Meanwhile, Isaac is harassing the maids and being "too affectionate" like his mom said.

I'm having so much fun as you can tell.

Whilst digging into the delicious meal, I hear them talking about the engagement party. Much to my chagrin, it's one week from now. It seems to be such a big deal and for what I've learned, a lot of important people are attending.

After lunch, everyone went back to their room and so did I.

I took off my dress and shoes then let my hair down, slipping into some comfy pyjamas.

"Aurora?" I hear Tristan call me from the bedroom whilst I stand in the closet, tidying things up.

"Yeah?" I mutter softly as I enter to find him sat on the couch, arms folded and leaning back.

"I need to talk to you. Sit." He orders and I walk over to him. Just as I was about to sit on the couch, he pulls me to his lap as I stare up at him with a frown on my face.

"What's on your mind, baby?" He blatantly asks, rubbing patterns on my thigh with his thumb. What's the reason behind that question.

"W-What do you mean?" I question, squinting my eyes at him.

"You're always so upset. I hate seeing you like that. We're getting married, angel. And if we want to make it work, then you have to tell me what's bothering you." He pokes, his voice softening slightly.

I think he's forgetting that this isn't a real marriage. But if he wants to know what's bothering me, I'll tell him.

"I-I just miss my life." I state, shrugging my shoulders shyly. His eyes rake over my face.

"And what do you miss about it?" He asks, tucking my a strand of hair behind my ear.

"The people." I reply blankly.

"Like who?" He asks. Why is he asking me this kind of questions?

I stay silent, I'm being smart if you ask me. If I tell him about the people I care about, like Mrs Harrison and Larry. He might use it against me to threaten me.

"Lik Stella?" He hums and I freeze, not knowing what to do. I eventually nod to his question. It makes me uncomfortable hearing her name coming from his mouth. Because the last time he did that, he threatened to kill her.

"Why don't you invite her, love?" He suggests and I flutter my eyes at him, wondering if he's being sarcastic or not.

"R-Really?" I check, unsure if he really means it. I haven't seen Stella in weeks. I miss her so much, she must be wondering where I am.

"I don't see why not. Besides, you need someone as your maid of honour. I'm assuming that she, as your best friend, would fit the position. No?" He lightly suggests as I squirm in his hold. My leg is numb.

"T-Thank you." I appreciate the gesture, I thought I would never be able to see her or anyone I know ever again. This has made me a little excited.

"Anything for you, my love." He hums, rearranging me on his lap. I'm now sat, straddling him as he pulls me closer, his hands on my waist. My shyness gets the best of me as he stares at me intentively, studying my face. To which I look away.

Anything?

In that case, I do have a request but I don't know if he'll comply. It's worth the shot, I guess?

"C-Can I um... I want...." I struggle to word my question. Should I even ask him this?

"What is it?" He asks, looking intrigued.

"Can I visit the orphanage? I-I used to go there all the time to volunteer, I loved being there but I haven't been since I was uh-" I ramble on but he interrupts me.

"I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment." I frown and look down, nodding in acceptance. "You'll have to wait after the wedding. However, if there's someone from there you would like to invite to the ceremony then tell me. I'll never deny your requests, angel." He explains, I get to invite Mr and Mrs Harrison, they've been like parents to me. Maybe, he's not too bad after all. But I still fear him, and the fact that I'm to share my life with him bothers me.

"Thank you, so much." I smile lightly at him and he hums to that, smirking at me as he does.

Does he ever smile?

"What do you want to do today, do you want me to take you out?" He asks and I shake my head. Lately, I haven't had the motivation to do anything. All I want to do is lay in bed, read a book and rest.

"That's fine. But you have to come out sometime. Maybe when my sister arrives, hm?" He suggests and I nod at him. I want this conversation to be over so I can get off his lap. It's making me feel all kinds of things.

"You can do what you want around the house for now, love. I'll be in my office if you need me." He places me on the couch, planting a kiss on my forehead, before standing up and making his way out.

"Ah, I almost forgot." He stops and turns to me, making my attention go to him. "You're to accompany somewhere very special after our engagement." He states, his phone starts to ring so he reaches into his pocket and looks at it with a stern look on his face. He looks at me, as if waiting for me to answer him. "Okay." I reply. Go with him where?

"Elijah? Yes, bring him down to the warehouse." He talks into the phone as he gets out, shutting the door behind him.

Looks like today has been quite eventful, well eventful for my boring self.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later.

It's been six days since Tristan's family's arrival. I've spent quite sometime with his mother: we cooked, went out to the city, she was always so excited to do things together. Which made me even more comfortable around her, because I always feel like people don't want me around or I annoy them. But she always wanted to spend more time with me.

I haven't had any interactions with his father though, which I don't mind. He kind of intimidates me.

Today, Tristan's sister arrives as tomorrow is our engagement party that I'm absolutely dreading about. Everyone would be looking at me, I tried to talk to Tristan about it but he said it's tradition. He also said that he wants everyone to see me. 'I want to show everyone how beautiful my fiancée is'. Those were his exact words. Quite frankly I don't know what he sees in me, with his looks and status he can have any woman he wants. And they'd willingly marry him, so what does he want with me?

Sighing, I walk over to the main living room to hear Mrs Black calling me.

"Aurora, dear?" She calls out and I walk towards her.

"Yeah?"

"It's good that you're here. Can you take Tristan his breakfast? He hasn't eaten at all today." She requests and I hesitate. It's usually one of the maids who take him his breakfast, so why do I have to do it?

"Uhh... are the maids not available?" I say as politely as I can, making sure I don't sound like I'm avoiding him.

I'm not the kind of person who relies on workers and expects them to do everything, not by a long shot. But I just don't want to be alone with him, he can't keep his hands to himself. He touches me which makes me feel something weird and inexplicable.

"They are, but I just figured he'd appreciate it more if you take it to him." She winks, handing me the tray before I walk off.

I head off to his office, nervously gripping on the tray. I knock on his door before going in, my eyes landing on him but he doesn't know it's me. He has his eyes on his laptop as he talks on the phone.

"Do you have a location?" He hisses through the phone. "Fucking find them or I'll shoot you myself. I wouldn't cross me if I were you." He growls, making me flinch. I quickly place the tray on his desk and back away. He slams the phone down, still not realizing I'm here.

He runs his hand through his hair, shutting his eyes. He looks frustrated and stressed. "A-Are you okay?" I ask hesitating to which he snaps his head at me. "Love, I didn't know you were here." His eyes soften as he says that. "I'm fine, baby. Don't stress." He assures. I'm not stressed I'm just being a decent person.

I pour his coffee into his mug as he leans on his desk, holding his stare at me. This is why I avoid him, he's always watching amd staring. Whenever he looks at me, he has this face, studying me.

"What are you up to, today?" He asks, as I hand him his coffee.

"Not much, I was just going downstairs or to the room." I state and he shakes his head, negative.

"None of that, my love. Tomorrow is our engagement party. So today, I'm taking you to visit the people you want to invite." He takes a sip of his coffee then places the mug down. "You'll also have to pick a gown for tomorrow. Go get dressed, I won't be long." He orders.

"Um what about your sister?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulder, motioning me to elaborate.

"Shouldn't we wait till she gets here?" He shakes his head.

"She'll be here when we get back." I nod and make my way to the door but he calls me back.

"Give me a kiss before you go." He smirks as he crosses his legs, gripping onto the chair.

Um, what?

He really makes me nervous and awkward. I really don't want to kiss him but, a peck on the cheek will be enough I guess. Even if I don't want to.

Rushing over to him, I lower myself and kiss his cheek gently as he holds my waist. I pull out and rush over to the door, hearing his masculine chuckle behind me.

I close the door and fan my cheeks, they're literally on fire. I need to learn the art of staying composed.

But right now, the only thing on my mind is the fact that I'm visiting Stella. I falter through the hall in anticipation.

I wonder what she'll think of Tristan.

Hello there, beautiful beans.

I'm sorry you might find this chapter a bit boring but things will get interesting soon. I promise ;)

I want to know what you think of Aurora. I'm genuinely curious😂.

Thank you so much for reading. As always please let me know your thoughts.

Lots of love❤

Published January 9th 2019.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 74.8K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TAKEN SERIES: BOOK ONE TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self...
2.3M 69.7K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
165K 8.5K 27
✧✿𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫✿✧ "WHY.DID.YOU.LET.HIM.TOUCH.YOU?" He asked in a lethal tone. His veins we...
47.9K 1.1K 42
"You seriously think that you can run away from me?" He sniggered darkly. His obsession, his madness over me peeped at me through his eyes. Taking l...