Upon Shattered Wings

By xWintersolsticex

She was ripped away from him Drowned in the cold hands of death But he would do anything To have her back... More

Welcome, Young Fledglings
Prologue: Never Again
Chapter 1: The Human World
Chapter 2: Rescue Misson
Chapter 3: Maid to the Prince
Chapter 4: Strange Encounters
Chapter 5: Dinner
Chapter 6: The Familiar
Chapter 7: Preparation
Chapter 8: Princess Bitch
Chapter 10 Part 1: Meeting the Royals
Chapter 10 Part 2: Playing Victim
Chapter 10 Part 3: Dancing with the Prince
Chapter 11: Field of Poppies
Chapter 12: Arrows and Knives
Chapter 13: Serving the Bitch
Chapter 14: Attack
Chapter 15: See You Soon
Chapter 16: Shot
Chapter 17: Marriage
Chapter 18: A Glimpse of the Past
Chapter 19: Berry Red
Chapter 20: Casor
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Stay
Chapter 23: Ellisar
Chapter 24: Stay Awake
Chapter 25: Awake
Chapter 26: Kiss
Chapter 27: It All Started With A Naked Painting
Chapter 28: Amaline
Chapter 29: Revelation
Chapter 30: A Trip Down Memory Lane Part 1
Chapter 30: A Trip Down Memory Lane Part 2
Chapter 31: Leave
Chapter 32: Found
Chapter 33: They're Here
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: Promise
Chapter 36: More Time
Chapter 37: Divine Beads
Epilogue
Thank you!

Chapter 9: We Shall

663 34 2
By xWintersolsticex

"Why is it so easy to kill our happiness, 

but so hard to kill our sadness?" 

~Unknown

When I woke up the next morning, I was greeted with the sight of a certain white winged prince carrying a tray of food into the room. I blinked, speechless as he put the tray on the table. You don't see a prince carrying food into your room everyday.

Vulcrian turned around and froze when he saw me watching from my comfortable position on the bed. He coughed awkwardly, his cheeks slightly tinged pink. "Uh I brought you some food."

Choosing to ignore his embarrassment, I turned my attention to the food, my stomach growling. Vulcrian handed me the tray filled with plates of scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, and pancakes. Too hungry to pay any attention to him, I dug in.

A small chuckle made me look up. "Slow down before you choke." I didn't reply but slowed down with my scarfing.

After I finished eating, Vulcrian gently took the tray and placed it aside. Awkward silence filled the room and I picked at my bandages. "You will not need to finish the preparations." He looked over at me and frowned at my picking. "Go prepare for the Lunar celebration."

I looked up in confusion. "Are they already done?" He nodded.

"Do you have anything to wear for the celebration?" I shook my head and sheepishly tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. His eyes followed the movement.

Without another word, he disappeared out the door, leaving me blinking in confusion. Guess it was his thing to disappear and appear out of the blue. Seeing how he wasn't back after a few minutes, I got up and stretched. Walking towards the bathroom, I peeled back the bandages and winced.

The skin around the burns were flayed and blackened, leaving bloodied splotches across the lower part of my arm. The cool air nipped at the raw flesh and I gritted my teeth as my arm stung. The blue glow that had followed after the water touched my skin had long disappeared.

After freshening up and rewrapping my wounded arm, I stepped out of my room into the hall. It was eerily empty, the silence a foreboding feeling crawling along my skin. Maybe it was just me who couldn't stand places too quiet. It drove me insane; the urge to smash something was very prominent.

Strolling towards the huge library, two familiar guards greeted me. A grin took over my face. "Hey you!"

They looked up, surprised to be addressed so boldly. The taller one breathed out a sigh and gave his friend a quick nudge. "If it isn't our little Miss Tough."

I rolled my eyes as they grinned. Their sharp spear-like weapon caught my eye and I turned toward them in interest. I reached out a hand to touch it, only for it to be pulled out of my reach. "Whoa there. This is no toy," The short one said as he made sure to keep his spear a few feet away from me.

I pouted, "Oh come on shorty! Just one touch?" I reached out a finger again and he glared, swatting my hand away.

The taller one stepped forward and laid an arm around my shoulders turning me away from Shorty. "How 'bout you go on into the library, find whatever you were looking for?" He pushed me toward the large set of double doors. Just like that, I brought my attention towards the many rows of books through the glass doors.

I absently waved behind my shoulder, not missing the sighs of relief from the guards. I mean, I'm pretty sure I could handle myself with a weapon. Those spears didn't even look dangerous anyway, at least not from my perspective.

Refraining myself from squealing at the heaven I just stepped in to, I hurried toward the fantasy section. Fantasy was one of my favorite genres. I love to delve into a world of fantastical creatures, new worlds, and action packed plots.

Spying a thick volume, I grabbed it out of the shelf and hugged it to my chest. Making myself comfortable in a corner where several pillows and a love seat was, I opened to the first page and immersed myself into a new world.

Something soft and wet bumped against my cheek. My face scrunched up and I absently swatted at it in my half asleep state. "Go away."

The thing bumped me again. And again. And again. Annoyed, I shot my head up and glared. "Would you quit it! I'm trying to sleep!" My annoyance quickly faded when I realized who it was. Satark gazed at me with his pupiless eyes and I blinked, momentarily caught off guard.

"Oh um, hi?" I gave a pathetic wave.

To my surprise, Satark reached forward and took a mouthful of my tunic. He pulled, making me stumble not so graciously out of my seat. Letting go, he turned around and walked away. What do you know, like master like familiar. 

"Well what are you waiting for? Go follow him." A voice made me nearly jump out of my skin. The librarian who I didn't even know was there, gestured hurriedly towards Satark's retreating form.

I raced after him as his ears twitched in acknowledgement. Knowing he couldn't reply, I quietly followed after him, admiring his beauty from behind. The occasional clop of his hooves against the tiles echoed down the hallway as we walked.

Stone tiles turned into soft grass as we walked toward the familiar entrance of the garden. I was greeted with the sight of Vulcrian who stood beneath the sunlight. My breath involuntarily hitched as his snow white feathers ruffled when he shifted around to face me. A small smile graced his lips and my heart stuttered. Why does he have to look like that?

"Hey!" I cheerfully greeted him and his smile transformed into a grin at my enthusiasm. "What do you need?"

"Do I have to need something in order to spend time with you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Oh. He wanted to spend time with me.

I looked away, face flushing. "Well no." I dug the toes of my shoe into the dirt, refusing to meet those amber eyes.

He shook his head, "I have something for you, for the celebration later today." He held out a bundle of cream colored fabric. Seeing my hesitance, he practically shoved the clothing in my face. "Go try it on, see if it fits. If not, I can have adjustments made. You can change over there." He gestured toward four screens arranged in a circle.

Seeing his bright expression, I didn't want to disappoint him so I took the dress. Walking behind the screens, I thank god they weren't white. Instead, they seemed to be made of bamboo. Quickly stripping and putting on the dress, I twirled around as a giddy feeling overcame me.

The dress was light, made of thin layers of silk. The top layer was almost like a sandy color and beneath, the other layers faded from a darker sand to a light cream color. The sleeves were long, attaching to my arms like a second skin and flaring out from the elbows in waves. Going up, it came together in a sweetheart neckline.

Stepping out from behind the screens, I walked toward Vulcrian. He opened and closed his mouth. His gaze flickered and he took a deep breath to compose himself. Nonetheless, I didn't miss the tears that had gathered.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I watched him carefully. Why was he upset? Could this dress had belonged to someone important to him? His mother? My thoughts drifted toward the other possibility. Or Mira.

He strode forward with large strides until he was standing a few inches away. I looked up at him, heart thudding.

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards his chest. I heard him take in a deep breath, a small hint of a sniffle present. Not knowing what to do, I raised my arms and hesitantly wrapped them around his waist.

He pulled away with a pinched expression. My heart went out to him, silently comforting him and offering its hand. He swallowed and sighed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It's just... you..."

I shushed him, "It's alright."

He watched me carefully and briefly looked away. "Shall we go?" He held out a large hand.

"Wait what about my clothes?" I asked.

"Don't worry, this is my garden. No one is allowed to come here unless Satark permits them to." At the sound of his name, the familiar gave a snort.

He turned back to me. "Shall we?"

I grinned and put my hand in his, "We shall." 

I am a few days late but Merry Christmas!! Do you and or family celebrate Christmas? 

Mine doesn't but I have host a mental celebration in my head. Does that count? 

Remember to vote and comment! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 2.7K 29
Once upon a time, there lived a poor little girl in the dirty streets of the human world. With her parents gone and her having to survive alone, she...
141 20 15
After Noah sacrificed himself, he went to Mount Olympus where he spent a week. He decided that he wanted to go back to Annie to be with her and to be...
129 9 11
Once upon a time in a kingdom called Carnen, there lived a boy named Phillip. He had a good life, until the thief arrived. The moment he laid eyes u...
345 40 13
A Beauty and the Beast retelling: Once Upon a Time... there was a cursed forest where animals who could live forever existed. The animals lived in ha...