My Lie In July (Ouran High Sc...

By FlowerFiction1994

Kosei Arima wasn't sure of his plans for high school. He wanted to be able to go to a high ranking music scho... More

Chapter 1: "My Lie In July"
Chapter 2: "The Job of a High School Host."
Chapter 3: "Beware the Physical Exams."
Chapter 4: Attack of the Lady Manager
Chapter 5: The Twins Fight!
Chapter 6: The grade school host is the naughty type
Chapter 7: Jungle Pool SOS!
Chapter 8: The Sun the Sea and the Host Club
Bonus Chapter: A Day in Kosei's World.
Chapter 9: Lobelia Girls' Academy Challenge
Chapter 10: A Day in the Life of the Fujioka Family
Episode 11: Big Brother is a Prince!
Chapter 12: Honeys Three Bitter Days
Chapter 13: Haruhi in Wonderland
Chapter 15: The Refreshing battle in Karuizawa
Chapter 16: Operation Haruhi and Hikaru's first date!
Chapter 17: Kyoya's reluctant day out!
Chapter 18: Chika's 'Down with Honey' Declaration!
Chapter 19 : Lobelia Girls' Academy Strikes Back!
Chapter 20: The Door the Twins Opened / Until the day it becomes a pumpkin

Chapter 14: Covering the Famous Host Club

305 11 5
By FlowerFiction1994

"Welcome back ladies!" the hosts said as the doors were opened to the outdoor garden. Tamaki decided to have club outside today, and everyone seemed to be happy with the decision. All the hosts were wearing kimonos as they talked with the ladies. Kosei walked into the garden with sheet music in hand. Haruhi was the first to notice him, and was about to call for him. When Haruhi got a good look though she could tell that the boy wasn't his usual self. He had a bit of a frown on his face, and he was looking over the music sheets he held. "Kosei!" Haruhi called. He looked up from his music and smiled, walking over to her. "Hey Haruhi! How are club activities going today?" He asked holding the sheet music in his arms and to his chest, away from peering eyes. "It's going well. I think that I'm finally used to all the crazyness that comes with the host club, took me long enough." Haruhi said as the boy pushed his glasses up. "I don't think that I will ever get used to the club." He said with a laugh. "Today is nice though, peaceful with the flowers and all." He noted looking around. "Yea, it is very nice and -" "HARUHI!" Both Kosei and Haruhi were pushed down by Tamaki who had come running at them full speed. He pushed them to the ground just as a ball flew over their heads. "peaceful huh?" Kosei said as he watched  Tamaki yell at the twins for almost hitting Haruhi. The boy got up and held his hand out for Haruhi. She took it and they both stood up. "Oh here, you dropped this." She said bending to pick up the sheet music. Kosei jumped past her quickly grabbing all the music before she could get a good look. "Oh! Thanks Haruhi! I got it all!" He said quickly tucking the sheets into his bag. Haruhi was about to ask him why he was acting so strange when... "It's not our fault you can't catch a ball boss!" the twins shouted as Tamaki chased after them. "You think I'm no good at catching? Well check out my kicking!" Tamaki said putting the ball on the ground and dramatically kicking it. We all watched as the ball flew through the air and into a window of the school. As everyone freaked out and started running to the school Kosei paused. Remembering when Tsubaki would hit the baseballs through the school window hitting him. He couldn't help but smile at the memories. He looked at his bag where his music sheets were hidden. He smiled, really looking forward to his first ever written original piece of music. But he wanted to keep it a secret for now, and he wanted to make it perfect for Tsubaki. He heard his name being called and he followed the host club into the school to see what Tamaki had broken with his ball. 

-Newspaper Club- 

"I am so terribly sorry." Tamaki said bowing in apology to the newspaper president, Akira. "No, not at all. It could have happened to anyone right? A ball flying through the window and hitting me directly in the head." Kosei, Hunny, and Haruhi were cleaning the glass that was broken while Kyoya and Tamaki handled the talking. The twins were reading some of the papers that were printed. "Please! Accept my apology." Tamaki said again. "Well this works out perfectly! I was thinking of doing a cover story on the Host Club for the newspaper." Akira said. "I didn't know that we had a newspaper club." Kosei said. "It's not really a newspaper, more like a gossip column on the people at Ouran." The twins said looking through the papers. "Yes, it is true that the newspaper has lost sight of what we originally wanted to do. But our eyes have been opened, and we want to give the people what they want. And that is your Host Club. We only have one more paper this semester to print and if it doesn't sell well then our club will be over. Please. Can we do a piece on your club?" the president asked as the other two members bowed before us. Tamaki smiled. He was about to say yes when Kyoya pushed him back and said. "We will have to decline." Tamaki protested, but was ignored by Kyoya. "We have policies that state that we can't share any personal information with anyone besides our guests, but we would love to cover any medical costs that the injuries will bring." Kyoya said, continuing to push Tamaki back as he tried to protest. "Why would we want to put our reputation at risk with you guys anyway? you have been shady before." the twins said. "Geez these guys are not showing any mercy." Kosei thought at the president accepted Kyoya's answer. "I guess all that we can do at this point is disband with grace." He said turning to the other two members of his club. "No!" Tamaki said pushing past Kyoya. "We can help you guys fix your reputation. The host club can help you!" He said. "Count us out." the twins said folding their shoulders. "Us too." Kyoya said. Everyone started walking out of the room and Tamaki was heart broken. They all left the room and Akira frowned. "Chikage. Go do some digging and see if you can find any dirt on any members of the host club. I have a feeling we aren't done with them yet."  

-Third Music Room- 

"Well clearly he is upset with us." the twins said as they watched Tamaki sulk in a corner of the room. Kosei sighed as he sat at the piano watching the group talk with Tamaki. He did agree that it didn't sound like a good idea to trust the newspaper club, but Tamaki had a big heart. And some pretty big puppy dog eyes as well. He sat back and watched as the whole club agreed to work with the newspaper club, no one in the group able to say no to his puppy dog eyes. He looked over his music, writing notes down and playing a few lines. "and as our entertainment Kosei will be apart of this as well." Kyoya said grabbing my attention. "What?!" I asked looking over. "I don't have time to be followed by the newspaper club! I have practice and the up coming competition." I said. "you always have some type of competition. And you are a vital piece to the club just like any of us or Renge...plus, you didn't expect us to go through this torture without you right?" the dark prince asked. I frowned. "No, I guess not." I looked down at the music again and frowned. I guess this piece was going to take longer than I expected to complete. 

-A few days Later- 

Kosei got out of his music class and ran to meet up with the rest of the host club in the gardens. The newspaper was there watching as the host club played what Tamaki liked to call 'commoners' games. "STARLIGHT KICK!" Tamaki yelled kicking a soda can. "Hey! Sorry I'm late music class went ov-" Kosei wasn't even able to finish his sentence as the soda can flew and hit him square in the face. "Kosei, you showed up just in time for kick the can." Kyoya said as he picked the can up. "Really now that's good. And I'm fine thanks for asking." Kosei said as he rubbed his sore forehead. Kyoya gently pulled back the boys black hair and took his glasses off, checking out his injuries. Kosei blinked as the tall man leaned over him and got really close, checking him over. "Doesn't look like Tamaki kicked it too hard this time. But he does have an act for hitting people in the head recently doesn't he?" Kyoya said as he looked over Kosei's shoulder at the newspaper club. They were leaving. "Huh, I thought they were observing us for the newspaper?" Kosei asked as Kyoya pulled away from him. "I guess so, everyone is hiding for the game. But I think we will need to do something really fast before we continue our game." Kyoya said. 

-Newspaper Club -

"I'm writing the article." Akira said as he walked down the hallway, his other two staff members following him. "I am going to expose that stupid Tamaki guy and his whole club!" He said throwing the doors to the newspaper room open. Only to see the twins in the room waiting for him. "I see, so this was your plan all along?" they asked. "I guess Tamaki was the only one who didn't catch on...are you ready to have the host club as your enemy?" They asked. Akira looked shocked. "I see, Tamaki is controlling all of you and making you do his bidding with all his power!" He said with anger. "That isn't true." Honey said as he and Mori stood behind them, blocking them in the room. "We don't hang out with Tamaki for his power or because of his parents. We love him." Honey said hugging Usa to his chest as Mori stood with his arms folded. "He may be an idiot. But we are his friends and we will protect him at all costs." Kyoya said as he walked out from behind the desk with Kosei. "Why would you want to ruin his reputation anyway? It's not going to help your paper." Kosei said. "THATS IT! I'LL WRITE AN ARTICLE THAT WILL END ALL OF YOU!" Akira shouted. "I have all the dirt I need!" Kosei frowned. "This proof?" He asked holding out files in his hands. "H-how did you get that?!" He asked. "I should be asking the same thing. You would off had to do a lot of digging to find this stuff. And I know that having some of this information is illegal." Kyoya said stepping up. "It will be in your best interest to leave us alone from now on. If not we will report you to the authorities for having this information illegally." The host club left the devastated newspaper club behind and Kosei sighed as they all walked down the hallway. "What should I do with these records they were able to find?" He asked. "That is up to you. They are mostly on you." Kyoya said. Kosei frowned. It made sense. He had been in the public eye as a famous piano player sense being a child. His breakdown on stage as a kid, his mothers sickness, and his father abandoning him was all the files that they had in the newspaper club. Anything else that they would have been able to find on any of the other hosts members were probably hidden well by their rich families lawyers. Sure they would have probably made up some fake stories about Tamaki and the club, but he was glad that they looked out for him in that way. "Thank you, for getting these for me." I told him. "It was dirty for that club to have private information like that anyway...but what's done is done. Shall we go find our other two members now?" Kyoya asked. The rest of the club agreed and ran out to the garden. "Tamaki must be a very special person to have so many good friends watching out for him." I though before running after them. 

-Ouran Gardens- 

-Kosei Pov- 

We found Tamaki and Haruhi and were headed back to the club room to eat some cake for Honey. I held my bag close to my chest. Somehow the Newspaper club being able to find my old records scared me. I was walking behind the rest of the club. Memories flashed in my mind. 

"Mom I'm sorry!" 

"You do not realize how talented you are! You shouldn't waste your time with friends playing around. the piano is your best friend." 

"Why isn't dad coming back?" 

The wind blew harshly snapping me out of my thoughts as flower petals flew all around me. "Don't worry Kosei, you can trust your new friends." I turned around quickly looking for her. I could hear Kaori so clearly, like she was right beside me. But she wasn't, and the wind calmed down. A flower petal landing on my shoulder. I picked it up and it was a cherry blossom. "Kosei, are you coming?" I turned to see The hosts waiting for me at the end of the garden. I nodded and ran over to them, not noticing that they had walked so far ahead of me. Tamaki put his arm over my shoulders. "We can play piano together once we get back to the club room. While we all eat cake and enjoy each others company!" I smiled, "Yea, if you want you can hear a new piece I'm working on for the up coming competition." I said. "Really!? An original piece how exciting! I can't wait to hear it." Tamaki said. "Yea, It's about friendship. And Love, and how love ends sometimes. But you never forget it. Because once you love something so much they become apart of you. And you get to carry them with you everyday." I said thinking of the song in my head. About Tsubaki, and Kaori, and mother.  "It sounds beautiful. I can't wait to hear it." Tamaki said pulling me in closer to his side. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 977 17
Suzu Kimida is a normal British teen transfering to Ouran Academy with her cousin, Haruhi Fujioka. They both got in strictly on scholarships, Haruhi'...
31.6K 1.1K 32
Kaiyoka Sahni just wants to write. When she is, quite literally, dragged into the world of Ouran Academy's famous host club, she finds herself in a w...
154K 4.9K 26
Ouran High. The school for the richest of the rich. They all have so much time on their hands, they don't know what to do with it all. Alaria Mae...
302K 12.4K 27
UNDER MAJOR EDITING After one dangerous decision, leaves Sakura Nazo disowned, scarred, and with amnesia. When she decides to enroll in Ouran Academy...