Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

80. Gust of Rush

3.4K 184 71
By NeelamMenghani

Happy Forever Thursday!

For my Raisin, Massi loves You baby!

***

Trust and love are two different emotions. When you love someone, you can go until the end even if you don't trust the person.

— Jung Yoon-do, Doctors

***

NIERA'S POV

Life is an unexpected voyage,

Unexpected is every turn,

One looks at up and downs,

One seeks for far shore grounds,

It's the will of time that speaks,

Who'll drown and who'll reach safe shoreline!

The power of life is exciting, where one wins and losses greatness, surely it keeps the moment of surprises which somewhat shakes the person in their eccentric way.

Even when I'm relishing life in the cocoon of comfort around my people, I find myself talking occasional visits of those unsolved pieces of puzzle.

They tease me, make me unease, and I don't like this feel!

"I bet this dolled up wife is murderer." I squinted, turning to Jerry who exclaim punching the cushion on his lap. I cringe at the grin he is casting like being an actual part of investigating team.

"No, this friend comes as perfect suspect, didn't you notice the girly looks he gave when his father went to confront him. Such a...." I turn just in time to witness Fergal almost crushed the metal spoon in his hand, and heard Jerry's scoff at his explanation.

I mentally face palmed, cursing myself for choosing a thriller series to watch after dinner, though the series turned out to be a flop, these two enthusiastic people are getting too much involved, making frequent comments on their option and debating every now, that to pausing the show in mid.

"Man! You're too obvious, the one looks innocent is the one killer in end." Jerry claim and I lean back rolling my eyes. Awaiting the debate to behind. And in next three seconds they both were gazing at other with dominating male matter.

"You're too obvious."

Who would say they are Security and Finance head of World Dominating Company?

Letting these two continue, I let my mind work, ponder.

"Um! Can I ask something?" I murmur softly, even a soft mumble, people turn to look at me with curious eyes. I let out a sigh before casting my query.

"The day when I fainted, I distinctly remember, Lamia venting out her anger, she mentioned mutts." With my words, I didn't fail to notice the stiffness in their back but keeping mind focus I went ahead.

"Does it relates to Majestic Creature?" I heaved a sigh before Jerry rush to breathe while coughing hysterically. Fergal regarded me with blank stone features as I provide water to Jerry.

"Does it—"

"Even if it is. I just wish to know why she hates it."

"The mutts she pronounces are wolves. In our Kingdom, wolves reside."

I gape at him, mutts, it means more than one. My mind drifts to the valley of memories, the fateful night when I met Miracle for the first time; the distinct howls of wolves forced me to run to the woods.

My eyes widen as I find myself in present, Fergal monitoring my face trying to gawk my thoughts through my expressing eyes.

"Why does she despise wolves? Because they are dangerous." I asked, Fergal whereas seem surprise at my digestion of news, Jerry scoffs.

"She despises what she can't crush." My eyes find him; his gaze turns to me, hard and serious.

"She is far more treacherous and evil." I heard him but my eyes found Fergal who seems quiet all of a sudden.

"I agree. At least they are not bias. And they are nice."

"You like Wolves?" an innocent curiosity asks in Jerry's tone.

"Aunt Bambi likes Alpy."

We chuckle together when Tiger comes bouncing before jumping on Jerry who caught her enthusiastically.

"So how these things work, doesn't the localities feel jeopardy?"

"No, they don't. And why should they, they don't harm but protect the woods and people, people are safe." I nodded at Jerry's explanation, believing so, since I too have a great experience with giant wolf who has become my Miracle.

"That's wonderful. Seems like layers of eccentricity are yet to be unveil to me." I comment smiling, reminiscing my encounters with Miracle.

It's been long since it came to meet me.

My trail of thoughts breaks when dead silence greets my eardrums. I raise my gaze to find Jerry and Fergal looking at me quietly before discerning my state, Fergal clears his throat turning to Tiger.

"Let's get you to bed. Jerry, you'll sleep with her today, I'm leaving in an hour." Tiara wince, I frown and Jerry merely nodded at his Brother in law. Fergal kiss Tiger before taking her with him, apparently to her room.

I lean back looking at Jerry, "Need more water?"

"No." we grin at each other before he turn on television and we indulge ourselves into solving murder mystery with the special officer.

*~*~*

The cold breeze whispering in my ears, playing with my tendrils, I blew air in my close palms, warming them against the cold, watching over the deserted path in the dark late night.

Night walks are good, they provide you time to think; also the night walk is interesting even in the lawn of home. I steal some time from sleep, Fergal left soon, quietly. Jerry retire himself after disappointment of finding the killer was someone they totally unexpected. Since I had no intention to sleep, I find way to lawn for night walk.

The noble lady of park, her face, that warmth she provided, I tried to keep along me, even when she left leaving me between misty fog and thoughts. After meeting her, somehow I have really come to reconsider my trust. I know I trust this, even if it's been tested, I won't waver.

I walk glancing around, the strange uneasiness crawling over my chest again, even in sleeping surroundings and quiet air, I walk keeping my mind and senses alert. This strange uneasiness has never settled into peace, I have met unexpected whenever this uneasiness has knock. I walk chewing on my inner cheek roaming my gaze around the dark cloudy night, how the moon must be struggling to shower twilight when these stubborn dark clouds dominating the sky.

I smile at my own thought before my ascending steps halt, my mind getting hyper alert as my eyes falling from the sky to ground. I drew a shaky breath, clutching into the shawl wrapped around me before sprinting on my feet instinctively.

I loud gasp ripped out of my lips; I rushed to stable my feet and staggering back away.

Lamia!

My wavering breath gives away the turmoil of surprise brewing inside me, holding that same malice smile, she stood enjoying my fright. The reason of my uneasiness and fear was her, breathing behind my shoulders.

"Wha—a!" I struggled to speak against the mental numbness looming before her smirk widen, she advance a step and terrified I, one back, before I was talking to thin air.

A gasp escape my lips, my mouth come to cover my fallen mouth, where did she go? She was here, now?

I went hysteric snapping my gaze all around the night lights of lawn to get her glimpse. She was here!

Nothing but eerie silence with rustles of midnight wind whispering in my ears.

I gulp down the rising bile of trepidation in me, my frantic moves around the lawn seize when my eyes dart toward the daunting dark sheds of trees far away. I fell into pit of sheer incredulity for a moment, Lamia's sleek dark figure, pale face staring at me from far distance, a moment ago she was grinning in pure amusement, now her sheen white face looks gloomy, I couldn't comprehend her features from afar, but sure there was absence of that spine chilling smirk. For a second I stilled rooted on my place before I witness her figure, that blending in dark dress that she wore, stirred and she turn walking to darker corners of outskirts.

I kept staring at her drifting figure going further away before I find myself walking, it didn't come into my conscious realization until I find myself middle of the road. A shudder caused by chilling wind broke my trance; I shudder against the punishing wind, realizing the absence of my shawl. The searing tremor made me stumble; the misty fog took a moment to be noticed against my tumbling fright.

How is it? It was all clear how can fog appear suddenly?

Wrapping my arms around self, I let the chaos sunk, in the middle of road where murk rules and my safe zone is behind, I stand unable to comprehend what should be done. More importantly...

Why I followed her?

All my thoughts crash into my mind when a faint but scary howl rung, I jump on my feet, utterly scared—petrified. My raged breath mixed in air in fog cloud, another howl resonated before quiet sunk.

My mind shut as I rush toward the dark corner of outskirts, unwilling mind protesting but the protest of sanity seeks weak against my defense mechanism, I'm heading to her direction, this realization took its time to sink. I jerk upright freezing between scary trees which gave almost ghostly feels even with a faint knowledge that it's the same surroundings I've been familiar to.

My feet froze, like burying in deep soil to find what waited before me. There a looming figure stirred before I witness death smiling at me in Lamia's pale face, there was nothing human in there, but a faint whisper of end, painful end wishing me sinister-ly.

My breath hitch in my throat as that death looming dead eyes find me, taking one step to my way. In that dark, I find my heart beats going errant, drumming against my eardrums, the soil sinking beneath my feet, I'm sure if I could see my face, it must be either crimson or sheer white.

The quiet night weep for me when her lips move, I followed taking all my might.

"Run!"

The whisper rung and the rush begun!

I turn my back to it before dashing through dark. Passing through the large trunks, shady branches, crushing the fallen dry twigs and leaves, I paid no heed to scratches I get but putting my foot forward. Her whisper rings fresh in my mind as I defeat dark saving the crash of coming hurdles in form of dense trees.

Time or direction didn't register in my mind as I thrash against the wind gusts slapping on my skin like whips, my teeth clatter bearing the cold but I kept going, muffling my gasps between my lips, coping with mayhem.

Somehow I found the courage to look behind, behind my back, just to check if the shadow of death is following, I also fear if not behind I might crash to it since its holds a surprise element favoring it.

Nothing but absolute dominating gloomy darkness was waving at me, before my face collided into something, my body jerk; my shriek rang piercing the quiet before I register the shooting pain of crash impact.

A loud growl muffled my surprise shriek; I shot my head to front, putting my hand on my cheek.

For a moment I didn't believe, the terrifying trepidation had me arrested in shock, but soon sanity figure out what eyes were unable to take in.

Miracle!

My raging breath stilled for a moment before absolute present settles and sink into my conscious mind. Like a splash of water on smoldering wood, my rationality sputter and before anyone could comprehend, I flung myself over him, clutching to his fluffy leg, closing my eyes to world and letting relief sink along with the assurance of safety.

My Miracle is here! I'm safe!

I shiver when his claws came to rest on my back, like patting—securing me to him, offering me moment to calm down.

I open my eyes and raise my head, just to notice those brown orbs, golden fireballs aflame inside, I saw surprise there, with a glint of worry, I made him anxious.

A shriek ripped out of my lips when an old tree beside, in my peripheral view, ignited—exploded before completely busting into flames. The golden flames which illuminated the surroundings, defeated the murk, I find it an absolute source to fear. The dream from few days back freshen in my memory, I jerk upright at the flames reaching sky height.

How?

The healthy tree was absolutely fine, now it's melting in enraged fire. The flames going wild, the warm wind coming somehow soothing me shivering cold body, the clattering of mine subsided yet the growing trepidation rooting.

I started to thrash against Miracle who had me his flint grip on my back locking me to his bulky warm body and fire at distance, the fire just increased the temperature, but didn't dare to reach us, for which I was relieved, but how long?

I jumped sensing some presence beside us, Miracle however stayed ignorant, he should be more aware with his animal instincts.

I shot my head to the side, praying not to encounter the fear I faced a while ago, and my pleas answered, in the illuminating golden glow of flames I saw a huge wolf standing at distance, his liquid green eyes glowing against the flames. Beside him, two tailing behind at distance, they didn't approach, nor the burning tree affected them, they stood regarded me and Miracle with guarded eyes.

A snarl from Miracle surprised me, it shaken me as I clutch harder into him, sinking my fingers into his furry skin.

The wolves bowed before they started to take steps back, one by one all of them, soon vanished into thin air leaving us alone.

The warm atmosphere and his presence brought me to ease, I let out a sigh before taking a step back, and this time he let me.

"You did thi—s?" I asked through a shaky stutter gesturing toward the flaming tree, it came out as an aftereffect of the whole event, Miracle, however gave a glance at the tree before transfixing his gaze on me before letting out a huff.

"You can—do this." I stated letting the response and meaning of my query settle into me.

My hand found my mouth, as I stager on my feet.

He took step toward me, those fierce brow orbs reflecting the ablaze of tree...far worse.

I stood unable to catch my breath, unable to comprehend, Miracle is capable to such eccentric acts, is it power?

"What are you?" I whisper against the hot gusts of fire, between cold and hot gusts, I was juggling.

The majestic wolf whose eyes were enough to melt me, look away, like ashamed of his acts.

My gaze drifted between him and at the tree, large, wide spread; soon will turn to complete ash, nothing will remain to it, nothing would belong to it, just ashes.

Isn't how life works, when I gave a thought about the leaves which fall meeting their end, I forgot about the tree. The tree which I forgot to consider can be weak against the fragile weak leaf, I saw it burning and turning to nothing.

Even the mighty has fall!

A soft growl gain my attention, I turn to Miracle who was regarding me with fierce worried eyes, from his face, I could make out what he meant to ask, I heaved a breath whether I should share or not.

"I'm glad I found you. I was scared." His eyes peep up before slitting into fury. I bit into my lip getting considerate of my words.

"I thought I was being followed. I was afraid to face it." I reveal looking away, afraid my eyes will tell him all that I wish to hide.

"Eep!" I squeal when the furs shove into my face, Miracle took a whip from neck before growling softly.

Giggles escape me, as I lean against him, breathing into his scent, his scent musky, spicy.

It seems familiar!

Complete silence met us, while we both were frozen in our own trance.

I was reeling and taking pleasure of this moment of this bliss after the terror while the Majestic creature was lost in his own world. The shuffling sound resonated around gaining my attention yet my mind was too occupied to heed any attention toward it.

"Niera!" my name was called piercing the quiet bliss of the murk.

Another soft growl resonated followed by the heavy announcement through the steps clawing at the ground. I shrieked in pure horror when a snarl whispered beside my neck followed by my jumping on my place when the Majestic Creature growled.

"Alph— NierAA!" I heard a familiar voice which gained my attention.

My eyes blinked before the spell of nature broke. From my peripheral view, I sensed some presence and on instincts I turned my neck to a certain degree and captured the presence of a palpitating bowing Jerry and an impassive Mr. Quinn accompanying him.

Mr. Quinn!

Relief washed over me by his presence. The features on Jerry's face were close to hyperventilating and far from calming while Mr. Quinn maintained his calm demeanor.

"Niera!" Jerry tried to compose and speak but a thundering growl from my wild savior forced him to squeal and leap upon the dry grass.

I involuntarily shivered as the deep growl caused an effect upon me. Jerry visibly gulped and was now two steps back trying to hide his broad frame against the truck of great ancient tree.

I snapped my head in its side shooting him a steel glare for its unsophisticated behavior. The creature seems unaffected snarling at Jerry.

He is enraged at Jerry!

My eyes widen, it wasn't Jerry!

The narrow slits of my Wild Savior's eyes found me. My eyes widen when is snarl loosen away from Jerry.

"Jerry." I called him initiating to take a step toward him but Jerry surprised me when he took a step backward like his body wanted to leap away from the scene.

I scrunched my brows at his action and in reaction my advancing steps halted while I spare an inquiring glance at Mr. Quinn who stood straight intertwining his palms in front of him, enjoying the whole scenario with watchful eyes and sealed lips.

"Mr. William, we should get back. It's pretty late." He finally announced assessing my bemused stance and stealing a sharp glance of burning tree and Jerry's sealed vocal cords.

The creature growled again, this time at Mr. Quinn who turned his eyes at the creature and bowed slightly yet uttered no words.

I shot a pointed look at the creature who wasn't looking pleased at the announcement but quite opposite.

I took a step toward the Majestic Alpha holding a soft smile on my face.

He was following my moves through his guarded eyes.

You know I can't hurt you!

I know you won't hurt me!

This trust brought me smile as I advanced another step toward him.

My palm rose as I touched his soft dark furs and his eyes closed.

"I'm fine. Take care, Miracle." I whispered in my mouth but his eyes opened at my words.

Hope to meet you soon!

The wolf purred soft attesting the fact that I said that loud for him to hear or understand.

I tilted my head before smiling for the last time; I patted his furs and turned toward my awaiting company.

"Shall we?" Mr. Raymond asked in his cultured voice.

Though his voice tone was impassive, I distinctly felt the traces of amusement through them.

Not sparing brain in comprehension, I initiated my walk back to where Jerry was standing hiding under the tree.

Without uttering a word, both the gentlemen bowed their head in front of me—Miracle!

Shaking my head, I limped toward them.

Jerry's eyes went wide before he squealed bombarding me with queries wrapped in horror.

"You're hurt, injured Nie—How?" his voice was loud yet defending sharpness.

"Well, I—slipped." I said; receiving a growl from the creature which made me gulp.

"Shall I help—"

"No I'll manage. Thank you." I politely denied Mr. Quinn.

Mr. Quinn honored me with a curt nod.

"Let's go." He announced deadpan leaning me in wonders why I'm spared without a single word of scolding or Jerry's steely gaze.

Well perhaps because you're under the protection of Alpha King. My balderdash subconscious dared to comment, however I wasn't denying to the fact.

With two heads bobbling at his announcement, we made our way back. Jerry chose to leap out first keeping a close eye behind at me; Mr. Quinn motioned me to follow Jerry while he chose to follow behind.

I was sandwiched between the two gentlemen who ensure that I was under the eagle eye protection and wasn't planning to vanish in other adventures.

While I was taken away my eyes were holding the sight of my Miracle who had his gaze transfixed at me.

He never left, stood there like ensuring I made out without any harm or injury.

I was at pure admiration of this creature's care and affection toward me.

It never felt awkward, I was always never trust this world, wilds or humans. However this place showed me a different prospect.

I was taught the difference. The wilds could be trusted but not the humans!

*~*~*

"Niera!" Jerry groans when I sigh, I feel terrible to worry him; I know he is worried sick for me. It's not easy to digest I was found in deep woods past midnight. He wants to know what took me there after knowing the peril lurking there. But how can I explain that peril is not cornered to just woods, danger can knock uninvited at our home.

I want to share this, I want to forewarn them that Lamia is crossing limits but a part of my heart holds back, Lamia's name bring change in Jerry's demeanor, not only his but Fergal's as well, his sudden quietness didn't go unnoticed by me when we were talking about Wolves and Lamia last night. Lamia has connection with Sahira and that string is far from happy note.

I drew out of my thoughts when Jerry look away, he is tired, he is angry but he put himself in inquiring. Since last night, none of us sleep; wide awake we kept staring at our hall sitting on the same place at sofa beside each other, once Jerry treated my cuts. Mr. Quinn bid goodbyes at main entrance and left walking on deserted alleys all alone. I dared to ask Jerry who replied he is a Guardian, I shouldn't worry.

"Jerry!" I almost wince, turning to the window letting sun-rays enter, illuminating the hall. Tiara will awake anytime soon and we have to prepare breakfast.

"Fine, don't tell me. I won't ask." He declares before pushing himself up from the sofa, groaning at sore muscles.

"Okay, I'll tell. I wasn't on adventure like always, I had no intention of it, I was just having walk at lawn, that's all."

Jerry regarded me with quiet eyes almost towering over me, as I spill anxiously.

"Coffee?" he asked and I gave him incredulous looks.

"I'll bring it, you go brush." I gawk at him as he walks away to kitchen, does my breath stunk?

I shot up in horror before running to my room.

Freshly bathed and brushed twice, I walk toward Jerry who seems freshly bathed with damp dark hair with our breakfast. I let out a sigh flopping on sofa beside him as he gave me tea. I grin at him but he offers me blank face, brothers and their protective anger!

"You were talking."

No you were investigating me, intimidating me.

The stern stare he gave me, I cower away coughing on tea, darn it, my stupid active mouth!

"It'll be delightful if this active mouth come to point." I cough again when he retorts in stern tone. I put back cup on table before letting out a sigh.

"Niera, I may be strict now, but believe me, this isn't small. You being found in woods at late hours, it could be anything. It's not something small to be looked over." Jerry murmurs, his tone warmth and soft concerning. I nodded, already being aware of the seriousness of matter.

The door bells rings, almost startling me between our conversation.

"Who it could be at this hour?"

"You took too long to answer." He mumbles before shooting on his feet, walking to open front door. I turn, curious to watch the guest, turning out I cringe when the visitors were Sir Gerard and Ace Warner, I caught their glimpse as Jerry bow down to greet them. Instinctively I shot on my feet, fidgeting on feet as they strode inside. That confident walk, commanding aura charging into air in their presence.

"Sir Gerard, Ace." I greet them with smile but the firm expressions were hard to waver yet they nodded.

They sat down on the other set of sofa, we return to our previous seat, eyeing Jerry, I asked him through my eyes. He seems more conscious of their presence than I. I knew all along what they are here for, I feel terrible now; I should have spill it to Jerry.

I turn to the Grand father-son duo, together they bring surroundings surrender to them; it's hard to revolt when they are above you.

"I'm sure, you know what bring us here, Niera." I almost flinch at Sir Gerard's tone, although it was firm but the power it exudes made me feel felon.

I lower my eyes, nodding softly.

"Um! Majesty, is—"

"Yes, Revin, he is angry." Jerry gulps and blanches under Sir Gerard's sharp gaze.

"Does Gideon know, about this?" I squeal incredulously.

"He is the King, Niera, known to every happening in his Kingdom." Ace answers instead. I found him calm and composed just like Sir Gerard, the difference remains in their tone, Ace was calm, at ease. Sir Gerard was on flint command.

"I'll bring some tea." I get up, moving toward the kitchen, a very relative alarm I heard in my head which suggest I should walk away, soon.

"Niera, tea would be fine. But I would rather suggest you can give us some answers, about last night." I press my eyes shut, halting at my ascending steps before turning back and opening to the people monitoring my moves.

"Yes."

"May I ask why you went to woods at night, Niera?" Sir Gerard asked, goose bumps rose immediately at my nape, his tone somehow declare very well, it's not him but a Royal Guardian is questioning me, and I better behave.

It was my turn to blanch. My gaze snaps at Jerry who sat uncomfortable.

"Grandpa, May I?" we all turn to Ace who speaks, Sir Gerard nodded before casting a glance my way. Ace gestured me to walk, taking direction to main door.

The sun seems bright and happy; the greenery of lawn seems jolly and inviting opposite to the spooky fading of last night. I exhale in rush as Ace sauntering beside me at ease, enjoying the morning.

"The guards didn't find anyone; neither could they trace anyone around." Ace initiated as we walked through the refreshing grass.

I heard him intently, my own logic had the same opinion, however, the truth was only known to my eyes. I only know what I faced.

I remain quite at this, staring at my pitch black shadow reflecting over the green grass.

"We even went through the dense corners; however the outcome remains the same." He continued, I may have my eyes transfixed on grass but his shrewd watchful glances weren't unnoticed by me. He may be on speaking part but Ace was definitely taking me to investigation. I just am aware of the fact and trying to remain calm.

I had expected only that much, how could they, when that woman is something crossing distance with a blink.

"I don't understand. Why the search was made?" I spoke out loud, already dreading the response he might offer, gulping down the fright evoke in me.

Ace halted on his ascending steps, I followed before turning to face him.

The dark orbs crinkle as he lifted his lips upward.

"What was there following you?" he stated, although it was a simple statement, I didn't fail to catch the stern approach.

"Ace,"

"Let's rephrase it, shall we?" I squint to him before he flaunts his charming smile.

"What you faced to be terrified like that?"

His words shook me; I wasn't expecting to be asked this. No one, apart from Miracle, no one knows, fear was the strongest dominating factor ruling me last night.

"How do you—"

"That's not important. Important is what exactly made you run in woods like madwoman." He frame his words, looking absolutely calm, just like his grandfather inside, yet I'd be a fool to ignore the underlying fair advise to cross it. They want answers; you better gave before it's too late.

Ace is a brilliant man, good looks and astute smartness, easy going and wise. That's what my perception I made for him, now that I see those shrewd eyes and that commanding tone, I feel an absolute fool to even consider him any less than his Grandfather.

"There must be some reason. There is. I'm just asking what that is."

He spoke looking straight into my eyes, I don't have to ask, he read it in my eyes, the assumptions he had are now facts, he is assured and I'm afraid.

"I'm not sure Ace, I know shouldn't have gone there. I had no intention to, trust me."

"I do trust you. I just want you to trust me and share what exactly took you there." He completely disregarded the guilt part, focusing on interrogation.

"Will you believe, if I say Lamia?" I asked out loud.

The calm breeze turn into fireballs of smoldering tension, Ace's warm orbs turned hard in that slit second.

"I believe you." He said after a long minute which was agonizing for me to wait and gawk at his impassive face.

I leave a breath in rush. Ace let out a breath of his own, suddenly a fair glint of rage coming uninvited into his dark orbs, I bit my lip, getting conscious at my revelation.

"He is going to blast." I heard him mumble in his stressed sigh. I frown but he didn't give time to respond.

"What does she do? Had she tried to hurt you?" the next I was bombarded with queries and for those I chose to stay quiet.

"I wish I could tell you but her visit, it was kind of a sick play of prey and hunt."

Though my gaze was transfixed on the line of potted plants, I feel his inquiring arched brow.

"She was here just behind me like shadow of death, then in a blink she was on the outskirts of woods. Like a moth, I didn't realize when I went behind that alluring peril until it was too late. Then I ran and met Mir—Alpha King."

"She didn't say anything?"

Run!

"She didn't appear at dark night to have conversation." I retorted, flushed in embarrassment.

"I'll look into this. She won't try to come near you from now." There was conviction in his tone, not to me but it felt like he was putting assurance in self.

"Can you please—not tell about this to Gideon?" I request turning to him, a spark of hope aflame inside.

"You think he'll not know?" my eyes widen and he flaunted a satisfied smirk. It smirk didn't affect; I was too engrossed in my own thoughts. I fear Gideon's rage. He won't let it pass.

"You two seem quite close." Ace voiced his thought, but I find myself flinching at his words.

He may have said those words with no hidden taunt or meaning, yet I could find this taking root of negativity in me. Lily's words from last meet freshen in mind and I flinch again.

Do people take our care and worry for another this way? Is it wrong to hold worry for someone?

I bit shudder inside me, clutching my fist tight behind me.

"I had no intention to hurt you Niera. I apologize extensively if my words came out accusing or insulting. I'm not judging you." The unsettling tone of worry made me believe he was genuine. Yet the wounds somewhere he scratched unintentionally. His eyes dart to my face gawking me, a curt nod from me put him at ease.

"I don't come close to people easily." I replied tersely.

It's true, it takes me time to put my trust into people and it's not easy!

"That's where you're wrong Niera." My eyes shot to him, his face plain, charming yet impassive. I knew I don't have to wait, he'll explain. But this wait is agonizing when someone perceives you.

Ace continues to walk, I followed him discreetly, he walks up to porch, taking the chair to sit on where we sat last time having tea.

Time seems flying, last time we were complete strangers, now I'm awaiting him to perceive me, tell me about myself.

Life is eccentric!

"You let people inside, too easy, so simply. They easily can get place in your heart, either by deception or fakeness, they can."

"You think so?" I ask out as I find myself taking the chair beside him. Ace offer me his charming smile. My desperation to find my unknown traits seems amusing him.

"It's truth Niera. You see the world with your eyes; you find them true just like you're. You may be an smart executive and intelligent in your work but still some part of you, or a huge part of you still believes world is what it shows on face but reality is far deceptive. You are learning to know people now which your brother has learnt long ago."

How does he know about Prince?

"He is quite famous, and I must say he is smarter than you." He smirks disdaining my concern.

I allow myself to smile, appraised by his assessment; somehow he gives exact explanation of what Prince thinks of me.

Perhaps!

"Will you betray me?" the words flew out my lips before sanity could comprehend, I turn to Ace to witness shock marring his face but that's where he sat to surprise me, Ace leaned back on his chair, flaunting at all knowing smile, he inherited from his Grandfather.

"No one will answer you honestly in this, but I tell you, I'll help you out with everything you fall in but when you'll become too impossible for my reasoning I'll show you the reality in hard way and I won't be apologizing for that at all."

Sometimes people say they are honest, sometimes they prove their honestly, loyalty, sometimes the fake belief shatters. From what I saw in his eyes that moment was nothing but pure sincerity. He was sincere, when he said to be my companion, when he said he'll help me out and even when he said, he'll show me reality the hard way. He is sincere, loyal and honesty.

Should I trust him, I guess I already do!

"Seems like the storm is coming." I murmur looking up at sky when the bright sun-rays hindered by grey storm clouds, the sudden change seem eccentric.

"It has, I want to find out where it'll bring peace or destruction for us." My gaze finds him staring at the dark clouds with calm eyes.

"How Storm will bring peace?"

"We'll find out." He dismissed the topic. I nodded not pondering to know more.

"I should leave." He announced as he rose, I followed slowly. Nodding at my way Ace move but stilled when I call him.

"Ace!"

"Hm!"

"She is not human, right?" I asked in a mere whisper.

Ace turns giving a glance and honored me with a smile.

*~*~*

Walking on the deserted concrete road on the outskirts of woods, a strange peace surrounded with a serene smile gracing my lips.

Since the truth of Majestic Creature is now revealed to me, and the lady Lamia is on the other side, I took the opportunity to take a walk in the twilight of evening. The sky promising storm, I await the darkness knocking at us, it's hardly been 4:40 and murk is already grinning down.

My mind drifted toward the matters and scenarios took place in front of me in the past few days.

The arrival of this lady has brought a storm in our calm ocean life.

At first her threatening Tiara, the fear was clear in Tiara's eyes as she faced her like she was known to her, a history they share together which has given Tiara terror and malice to that lady.

It was a choice for me to ask straight away to Jerry but his defense instance always put a seal on my curious mouth.

He is already on edge these days; I don't feel like increasing it further by scratching past.

She isn't an ordinary lady, she proved it herself when she just vanished on her presence in a thin air. Last night was another nightmare to face!

Ace and Sir Gerard left soon after some time, the stern features of his soften when he was leaving, he asked me to stay safe and disdain the topic when I asked to rejoin office, according to him I'll get green signal when Dr. Baron will approve along with Gideon. I feel afraid, Gideon is known to my night adventure, although Ace assured me yet I can't stay calm.

I walked further lost in my own musing until a soft grunt resonated in the air. My breath stuck in my throat as my steps halted. With wide eyes, I swept my gaze around; only dark shades of evening greeted me in sheer silence. I almost took it as my hallucination but again a faint grunt reached my ears.

Miracle?

Wolf?

A grunt faint but filled with pain. My beats picked up as I roamed my gaze all over again to my surroundings. The grunts continued and the uneasiness contnued to loom over me.

Trepidation made my body swell as I stood numb rooted on my spot in dilemma whether to run away or walk further to the directions to search whatever awaits there in pain.

It was crystal clear; the source of these groans was an animal, a wild creature that was habitual to stay away from human presence.

Between the battle of fear and humanity, my heart won who was not ready to leave someone in pain, even though; it could put my own life in jeopardy.

I strode toward the dense bushes, from where the noises were coming occasionally.

Removing the thorny thick bushes away from my way, I made my way to the dense region.

My eyes met an astounding sight, a gasp left my lips before I could even register it.

There in the darkness, under the shed of ancient tree, a wolf was lying wounded, several cuts were on his body as he lay on the verge of unconsciousness. The grunts continued from his mouth, as he stayed unaware of me as an intruder, eyes close, lost in his own pain, flinching softly on the ground.

A huge unknown Wolf!

My ascending steps toward him made him aware of my presence as his eyes snapped open at the intrusion.

A growl resonated in the surroundings making me flinch in fear.

My heart came to my throat as my steps froze so was my breathing.

His eyes were cautious as he assessed me, up and down and up again before grunting again.

"Hey, I am here to help. I won't harm, I won't." I stated cautiously, softly so that I won't scare him.

Scare him? Look at his size and rephrase your statement. He would snap your limps even wounded, moron. My sane cells snapped at my logic.

Shaking off all the gibberish philosophy away, I took one step of courage toward him; he monitored my steps with hooded cautious eyes, keeping me grounded under his gaze.

One step after the other, I reached him but froze at a step distance his warning growl announced. I sat there, averting my gaze to his wounds.

Deep and bleeding!

My shaking palm reached the wound; I was afraid of his reaction.

Not all the wild creatures are like Majestic Creature, smart and sensible!

I knew, he doesn't trust me, it was in his eyes. But I continued to remove the dirt from his wound, an attempt to ease up the irritation.

He sat quiet, not even flinching away at the pain.

"You're a strong guy—girl?" I asked to which it growled.

I giggled knowing the reason.

So he is smart to understand human language, good!

It was all calm, he was cooperative and I was doing wonderful in spite of my fear.

But then evening has eccentric way to surprise.

I felt an uneasiness seeping over my mind; oddly it was familiar because I could associate it with one shadow that lurks around.

I turned toward the darkness, before the wolf with me could growl in warning. The branches shivered in darkness as the assumptions of mine took the face of reality. Terror gripped me as I felt the wolf with me went on hyper alert. I straightened, gulping the bile of petrifaction back inside.

The rustling continued, I took steps one after other toward it, much to the growling warning of the wolf behind me. With a strong gust of wind slapping to my body, I was forced to avert my face to different direction.

Then suddenly it was nothing, no noise, no rustling, not even the growls; just the calm which I surmise as the calm before storm. I wasn't sure whether I was ready to face it or not but then I had no choice.

There again I felt my heart going deeper to the pit of stomach when clearing the bushes away from the way a familiar figure of Lamia came.

Smirking fondly showing all her unholy features.

"Always there to ruin my fun." I heard her murmur and by the look of it, I was sure she wasn't pleased to find me here.

A gasp escaped my lips as I registered her words.

"You did this to him?"

"Who else could?" she retorted with malice dripping in her words.

"You're worse than a monster." I gritted through teeth, my tone felt harsh and deep against the graveyard quiet of night. The fear of last night was smouldering against my chest but at this moment, I feel rage and disgust for her. A monster like her shouldn't be given the command with our fear.

"That I'm." she accepted like a compliment added to her beauty.

I felt utterly disgusted to share the air with her.

She advanced a step toward me while I took a back. I knew she was a monster but to what extent I had no idea and I was holding no intention to know either.

Tilting her head, I only witnessed her showcasing her evil smirk.

"It'll be a shame Gerard won't be able to see his next generations." She task-ed.

Huh? What does it has to do with me?

I was lost between the dead grip of fear and musing when sudden, my senses went on hyper alert as the rustling of bushes again caught our attention.

On a blink of moment, the scenario changed.

Once I was facing the monster in the face of lady, the next a growling outraged Theodore was there drifting his gaze between me and us, the next moment, he stood between us, shielding me from her.

"Seems like the mate of Royal Guardian has you all under her charm." She commented, although her words made no sense to me yet I felt outraged to an extreme level.

"Leave before I impale you." Theodore snarled, his rage taking over him completely. I felt fear crawling back to my spine, after a moment of relief.

"Like you can." She scoffs in return.

"You surely deserve it." I intervened shooting her equally authoritative malice gaze.

"She too has a long tongue. Absolutely deserving for a man like Ace, a man of few words. Opposite attracts." She said to Theodore who growled at her. I flinch at his deadly demeanor.

"You've crossed the limit." Theodore spoke through his grinding teeth.

"I did it many times, yet I'm here alive. Not like Sahara and your little brother who are—" her statement never completed because a thunderous growl Theodore broke upon her, a gasp escape my lips. My gaze drifting between him and the cruel lady who seems unaffected and unflinching to face his wrath under the dark night.

What exactly is she made up of?

"Not a word Lamia." His voice was deeper and dangerous than usual.

"The difference between the loyal subjects and blood."

"Enough!" my breath hitched at his command, although, it wasn't like Gideon's but still it was exhibiting power and command.

She was ready to retort but then, suddenly a drastic change was noticed in her face. Her eyes widen before she gasp, sprinting on her heels, I blinked and she was vanish.

I cringed mentally again as her depart.

How?

There was so much she said and I heard but now I was utterly flabbergasted and equally numb.

Leaving it all, my mind went back to the wounded wolf.

"Oh god!" I gasped before turning.

Theodore was on my side in that instance.

The wolf was alert, wide and in a defensive mode before his gaze went to Theodore and his eyes flashed something.

I ran to him, he didn't flinched but let me treat him.

"Hey buddy! Now you're safe." I cooed him. Theodore too came to sat with me; I turned to him with an intention to ask for help but what his eyes gave away, left me perplexed. His eyes were haunted; pain was there in there which was deep.

"Theo—Mr. Sambridge." I called him softly to gain is attention but he was lost in his world, eyes on the wolf with us.

He raised his arms to touch the wound of the wolf, but much to our surprise, the wolf flinched away from his touch, like he'll burn his wounds.

My frown deepened to witness this. A flash of melancholy graced his face as he retracted his raised hand.

"Niera!" I shiver at the intensity of the voice. I sighed in relief, my Saviour has finally come. I turned only to be engulfed in a warm embrace of Mr. Gorgeous Savour.

"Niera!" he breathed my name as his lips touched my temple, I found solace there in his arms.

"Gideon!" I whispered grabbing a fistful of his creased shirt, ruining the fabric in my grip.

Though, it is passed yet I feel fear and his presence soothes me, my mind.

"Are you all—"

"Yes, I'm. T—Mr. Theodore came on time." I didn't paid any heed between the non verbal conversation took place between them. But as I could perceive, they must be nodding at each other.

"Oh!" I remembered the wolf.

Glad you remember him soon, otherwise the world was waiting for you to get lost in you Saviour's embrace.

I pulled away from Gideon, getting an annoyed growl from him in pure reluctance.

"Hey buddy! You'll be absolutely fine. I have a doctor in my knowledge, his name his Dr. Baron. He'll—" I left the statement incomplete not assured completely.

"Baron will heal him." Gideon provided, I turned to him, only to find his impassive eyes on the wolf who was bowing down his head deeper in the ground.

"That's great." I caressed the head of the wolf who purred in comfort.

A whisper of smile graced my lips only to vanish in a gasp when I felt Gideon's arms tightening around my waist.

"Take him to WerePire." Gideon commanded to Theodore who nodded absentmindedly.

"I'll come along." I announced looking at the lost Theodore.

"No, he'll manage."

"The wolf isn't—I want to go." I went with simple plea rather than making them understand the different prospect.

Gideon sighed in pure annoyance, defeated by my stubborn announcement whereas Theodore sat unaffected beside the wolf.

Now it is clear something is wrong with him. Theodore is known to shoot me with his impassive gaze, and here his concentration is fixed upon the wolf who is displeased with his presence.

"I'll take him WerePire, Alpha. You get Lu—Miss. William." Theodore announced, seeking Gideon's nod of acceptance which he gave silently.

We made our way out. Gideon had his car while Theodore has his parked on different sides of road, headlights providing lights illuminating the deserted concrete road.

Luxurious and classy, their choices were almost alike!

Gideon put me to passenger seat, his hand secured on my waist making me glow in blush.

"I'll just be back." He whispered almost on my cheek as he settled me. I nodded softly in assurance.

He went apparently to help Theodore with the wolf.

Theodore's car went ahead, speedy, dashing through the air.

Gideon came back, starting the engine; he sped up at the same speed.

Silence engulfed us, I was reeling in the incident while he was lost in his driving, or apparently he too was busy in comprehending.

We reached the familiar building which I came to be familiar with.

WerePire!

We were rushed inside; Theodore already had the wolf on stretcher. I roamed my gaze frantically for Dr. Baron.

"Dr. Baron?" I asked a passing by nurse, although, the whole hall was frozen in their Alpha's presence.

She bowed to Mr. Majesty before her words came out.

"He is—"

"Majesty?" Dr. Baron made an appearance from a door before his calculative gaze met Gideon's after a bow.

"Bambi?" his eyes met mine with query. I was sure he might be thinking I was in need, at the moment.

"Baron!" Theodore called Doctor as we too rushed there.

"He is been attacked." I offered as Theodore was shaking with rage holding the howling wolf in stretcher. I cringe at his soft painful howl, the bleeding creature stirring between his wounds.

"What happened—whom?"

"Who did this Niera?" Gideon asked, his grip on my waist tightened.

"Lamia." I revealed the name, apart from Theodore, the two known man only split fire through their eyes.

"I'll take him to OT."

"Please save him Doctor." I pleaded through my eyes. DR. Baron nodded with reassurance. Theodore met my gaze in his famous impassive stance and Gideon was staring at me.

They left in hurry leaving us all behind.

"She won't get away after this." Gideon growled lowly. I shivered at the intensity of the tone.

"Come Niera." He announced securing a new firm grip on me.

"But I want to stay." I persisted softly, staring at the retreating group of medical experts.

"Baron will save him." He spoke softly, taking my hand in his warm ones.

I nodded defeated, my gaze went to the lost figure of Theodore, I wanted to offer him support but my previous interactions never accepted the option. So I just steal a last glance of the direction of the Doctors' team turned only to be halt at Theodore's voice.

"Thank you Ms. William."

I turned to find him coming toward us. Gideon brought me closer to him and I stuck to him freely.

"It was—" with absence of words I just smiled.

"Niera," I said with a small smile.

"Take care, Mr. Sambridge."

"You too. Lun—Niera, Alpha." He nodded looking relieved.

"Theodore. Good night." He greeted to both of us, with a bow.

I smiled at him before we made our way out.

I let out a shaky breath, as the cold wind came to kiss my bare skin. It seems impossible to remove the image of the whole incident out of mind.

Lamia is evil but I might have never believed her being stooping down if it wasn't her confession in front of me.

"She is disgusting." I murmur as we walk down steps of entrance.

Gideon didn't answer right away which made me turn to steal a glance, but the brown color of his orbs made me flinch.

"She'll pay for this."

I nodded at his growl before we head back to his car.

She should!

***

December 6, 2018

This part may be confusing, since I've been reminded continuously about the pace of the story. 

You may ask me any query, any confusion, I'll be answering quick. Just comment or Message me.  Please be considerate about Niera, she is just getting what needs to be put in front of her.   

One more thing, don't make baseless assumptions, have patience for things to be explained and clarify. Thank you. 

Lamia is crossing her line, pulling threats against her.

Why did she went to Niera, what was her motive?

What she meant by 'Run'?

Why she was hunting a Wolf?

What she meant in front of Theodore?

Try to brainstorm, until Gidiera brings us answer.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Would love to hear your views.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 1.2K 49
{WATTYS 2023 WINNER} • Book 1 of the Daegelus series • While hunting for his missing friend, Elijah stumbles upon a fiery journalist, who so happens...
195K 11.9K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
266K 15.7K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...
2.2M 90.1K 65
-COMPLETED AS OF JUNE 1, 2017- Highest Ranking: #1 - November 27, 2018 ~READER REVIEWS~ "WOW" - StephanieSmith193 "I love you!! And I think you are v...