Stained Red

By booknerdz2

Isaac and Natalie were married for ten years, almost eleven. After a fight that caused Isaac to file for divo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Seven

47 0 0
By booknerdz2

Stained Red Chapter Seven

Arriving at the diner where she was supposed to meet Kate, Natalie parked her car and got out, going to the back and getting Audrey's baby carrier out. She hoped Kate didn't mind her bringing Audrey this time. The baby-sitter said she had couldn't stay all day and had only agreed to watch Audrey long enough for Natalie to go to Isaac's hotel

When Natalie got inside she smiled seeing Kate already sitting at a table. Walking over to where she was seated, Natalie grabbed a high chair along the way. "I hope you don't mind that I had to bring Audrey," she started as she looked at Kate. "The baby-sitter said she couldn't stay all day, so I had to bring her."

Kate just smiled at her niece after Natalie had her in the high chair, "I don't mind Nat, I like getting to see the little cutie," she said as she reached out and ruffled what hair Audrey had.

Natalie was relieved when Kate said she didn't mind. "How are your kids?" she asked, deciding to ask how her niece and nephew where doing. It had been awhile since she had seen them.

Kate rolled her eyes at Natalie's question, "As good as ever but hyper," she laughed. "They are definitely Zac's kids."

At the mention of Junia and Shepherd being Zac's kids, Natalie chewed on her lip. With the old wounds Isaac was opening, she was feeling weird around Kate. She was beginning to finally hate keeping secret the fact that Kate's husband could be Theo's father.

"Then I feel sorry for you," Natalie shrugged as she came out of her thoughts. "I've heard horror stories from Diana about all the things Zac used to do."

"I heard those horror stories too, but I never believed them until I had Zac kids," Kate responded right as the waiter showed up. Giving her order off in no time, she got her usual. A ceasar salad and a water to drink.

Natalie made a face as Kate ordered. She honestly didn't understand how the woman could just eat a salad and still be full. When it was her turn to order, she ordered a burger and onion rings with a sweet tea. After the waiter left Natalie just sighed and relaxed in the chair.

"So," Kate began as she chewed on her lip, "How are things with Isaac? Whenever I ask Diana she seems sure you two will make things work and when I ask Zac he just shrugs and keeps playing his video games?"

Natalie frowned at Kate bringing Isaac up. She hated having to tell her friend that Isaac had filed for divorce. She hated admitting that her marriage was falling apart and that there was no fixing it. Even more she would hate it if Kate ever asked why.

"Isaac filed for divorce, I got the papers yesterday," she frowned more. "All I have to do is sign them and get them turned in so things can start and we can undo our marriage."

Kate looked away from Natalie, hoping she hadn't struck a nerve, "I'm sorry," she apologized when she finally looked back up and gave her a sympathetic smile. "I was kind of hoping Diana was right and that you two could make things work. Ten years is a long time to just give up and move on."

Natalie shook her head, "We aren't giving up. There has just been too many lies and Isaac can't take them anymore."

"Lies about what?" Kate asked curiously as she raised an eyebrow. She was figuring the lies were on Natalie's end but what could Natalie have been lying about that would make Isaac be so fed up with them?

When Kate asked what the lies were about Natalie looked down and was almost thankful that the waiter chose then to bring their food to them. Cutting up a few of the onion rings she fed them to Audrey who just smiled happily. "I think she loves these things," Natalie smiled trying to change the topic.

Kate rolled her eyes when Natalie obviously tried to change the topic. Taking a sip of her water and a few bites of her salad, she looked at Natalie who was smiling. "Don't change the topic on me Natalie. What did you lie about?"

"If you must know, I lied about Theodore being his son," Natalie finally confessed as she ate some of her food now. "I'm not one hundred percent positive that Theo is Isaac's and I've always been that way."

Going silent at Natalie's confession, Kate just stared at her for a few seconds and shook her head. "Please tell me I misheard you?" she asked though she was sure Natalie would tell her that she hadn't misheard.

Natalie looked away from Kate as she ate more of her food and then gave Audrey a few more bites of onion rings. "I wish I could tell you that you misheard me Kate, but you didn't," she said as she shook her head. "I lied about Theodore being Isaac's son."

Kate went silent again, a hand running through her hair, "Who else could be his dad?" she asked though she had a sinking feeling it was Taylor. She knew that information if Isaac knew that had to be killing him. That the boy he had grown to love could be fathered by his brother.

"Taylor," Natalie answered, telling a half lie. She knew better than to admit that she had been involved with Zac as well. Kate didn't need to know, not yet.

At Natalie's answer, Kate continued the rest of their lunch in silence. She was too stunned to even say anything else. All of her thoughts going to Isaac and how bad she felt for him. She wasn't sure what she would do if she found out Zac had lied to her about something this big.

Natalie was relieved at the silence for the rest of the lunch but she was also scared too. She was scared that now Kate hated her. "Are you mad at me?" she asked finally breaking the silence.

Kate finished her food and looked at Natalie, "Honestly, I'm upset you didn't tell me sooner and I don't really sympathize with you now when it comes to Isaac. I think he is justified in being gone, but I'm not mad."

"I'm not asking for your sympathy Kate," Natalie shrugged as she reached for her purse. Getting her wallet out, she left her part of the tip and handed Kate her part of the money. "I didn't tell you sooner because I never wanted to face my own mistakes. Face my past of being a slut," she frowned before standing from the table.

Once she was up, she put her purse over her arm and got Audrey out of the high chair, putting her in the baby carrier and leaving the restaurant.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few hours later, Natalie stood in the kitchen making dinner. Henry who she had picked up from pre-school an hour ago was upstairs playing in his room and Audrey was down for a nap in her playpen in the living room.

Hearing the front door open, Natalie raised her eyebrow and left the food on the stove for a few minutes to see who had came into her house. Only a few people had house keys and even then, they rarely let themselves in.

Isaac laughed at a joke Theodore had told him right as they had came in the door of the house, "That was a funny one Theo," he smiled as he ruffled his son's hair and looked up seeing Natalie coming into the living room from the kitchen. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and she was wearing that damn pink apron she had bought at some yard sale.

"I was bringing Theo home, we went to the park and then I took him back to the hotel to help him with his homework. He wanted to come back for dinner though, he remembered it was spaghetti night," Isaac said as he chewed on his lip.

Natalie nodded as she listened to Isaac speak, "Okay," she smiled as she watched Theodore run off upstairs, dropping his book bag by the door on his way. "I was just wondering who had came in without knocking."

Isaac looked down at Natalie's words, "I didn't think I needed to knock," he said honestly. This was still his house even if he was letting Natalie stay here, he hadn't seen the use in knocking but maybe he should have. He figured eventually he would have to once their divorce became final.

"Did you sign the papers?" Isaac asked after thinking of their divorce.

Natalie nodded her head yes, "They are in the home office. I will go get them and you can drop them off at your lawyers," she said as she turned and left the room, heading to the home office.

Opening the door, Natalie found the packet where she had left the papers after signing them when she got back with Henry and Audrey this afternoon. Picking the packet up she took a deep breath and just looked down at it. She wasn't sure why it made her sad knowing that once Isaac turned it in, it would start the process of the end of their marriage.

Feeling a few tears go down her cheek she wiped them away and quickly left the room, finding Isaac on the couch with Audrey in his lap. Audrey was giggling as Isaac talked to her in a kermit the frog voice.

"I think all the children liked when you did that," Natalie spoke up alerting him to her presence in the room.

Isaac turned his head and looked at Natalie, seeing the packet in her hand. Standing up, he held Audrey on his hip. "I..she woke up," he said shrugging. "I changed her diaper and then decided to just play around," he said as he felt Audrey grab a hold of the tie he had on. He hated to admit it but lately he hadn't been the best dad to his children and he was missing them.

Natalie smiled seeing Audrey grab Isaac's tie and then put it in her mouth, "It's fine," she said as she shook her head. "She's your daughter too, you can do whatever you want with her."

Isaac nodded and chewed on his lip, "I should probably go," he said as he handed Audrey to Natalie, taking the packet from her hands as he did so. "I will see you this weekend," he told her, letting her know with his words that he wanted to see the kids this weekend.

"When?" Natalie asked as she held Audrey now, her heartbreaking again when Isaac took the packet from her hands. "I need to know what day so I can have their bags and stuff ready."

"Friday," Isaac smiled as he turned his back to leave. "Tell Henry I'm sorry that I missed seeing him too and that I love him," he told Natalie before slipping out the door.

Natalie just stood in the living room for a few seconds and sighed before carrying Audrey into the kitchen and putting her in her high chair. "You be a good girl so mommy can finish dinner," she smiled down at her daughter though it was a fake smile. She didn't know why it hurt so much now that she and Isaac were one step closer to being ex's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 47 19
Zac's not happy. He used to be, he constantly wonders what happened to him. Why he's like this. Why God let this happen to him. Why can't he just liv...
38.1K 2K 31
After a long hard time apart, the Taylors are adjusting to their new life as a family of three in the first time in almost six years. People, places...
856 20 19
There's a lot of Hanson fanfiction and a lot of it revolves around the same topic but I am someone who believes in writing stories beyond what others...
36.4K 1.7K 12
Y/N and Lizzie have both been married for a few years and they have a son together. But with Lizzie's career blowing up and Y/N spending so much time...