Chapter Thirty-One

Stained Red Chapter Thirty-One

Kate took several deep breaths as she stood in the bathroom in the bar where she and Isaac were at. She was nervous about being here..about being out with Isaac because this felt too much like a date and this couldn't be a date. It really could not be a date. She had been married to his brother before.

"This isn't a date," she told herself as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was dressed like it was a date though. Her hair was done up but not too much. She had a bit of make up and she had dressed in a nice shirt and jeans. She was dressed like one would dress if they were going to a bar with someone on a first date.

"It's really not a date," Kate muttered still trying to convince herself that this wasn't a date. She wasn't like Natalie, she didn't date her ex-husband's brother, even if he was good looking and rather charming.

Closing her eyes she took a few more deep breaths before finally leaving the bathroom and finding Isaac where she had left them at their booth. "Sorry for leaving you waiting for so long."

"I was beginning to think you had bailed and went back on that Hanson strike again," Isaac teased Kate as he felt his cheeks get warm. He wasn't sure why but this felt a lot like a date and he was okay with that. He was okay with being on a date with Kate.

"I wouldn't just ditch you without warning," Kate smiled as she picked up the beer she had ordered before going to the bathroom. "Anyway I'm not going to leave a half empty beer bottle behind."

Isaac faked being hurt as he shook his head, "So you only came back to me for the beer huh?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow playfully. "I feel so used Katie."

Kate blushed as she heard Isaac call her Katie, "You're on to me Clarke," she teased back as she took a drink from the beer to ease her nerves at how right it felt to be here with Isaac and how nice it felt to tease him and to forget still how much this seemed like a date.

"Oh Clarke...no one ever uses that on me much," Isaac spoke as he shook his head. "I feel like I'm in trouble and should apologize or something."

"You aren't in trouble," Kate smiled as she took another drink of her beer. It was her second one of the night and the more she drank the looser she began to feel. "Now how about we dance?" she asked hearing some old country song come on the radio. "Unless you really can't dance that is."

Isaac stood from the booth as he held his hand out to her, "I can dance," he said once she stood and took a hold of his hand. He could tell already this night out or well date was going to be one he'd never forget nor would he really want to forget it.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Later that night Isaac smiled as he sat with Kate on the couch in his apartment. They were both drunk though he had done much more drinking since he had arrived here at his home because he hadn't wanted to be trashed while driving Kate here. He would hate himself if he hurt her or anyone else via a wreck.

"You know I don't think I have ever seen you drunk before," Isaac spoke as he looked at Kate who just turned to give him a smile. "You're kind of funny when you're drunk."

"Good funny or bad funny?" Kate asked hearing her words slur as she raised an eyebrow or at least she hoped she was raising one anyway.

Isaac pretended to think over her question for a bit, "Good funny," he finally said as he found himself inching closer to her. "You're not as uptight," he said soon regretting his words. "Not that uptight is a bad thing or anything. I just like seeing you have fun," he clarified hoping he hadn't made his own grave even deeper by his words he had spoken.