Chapter Two

Stained Red Chapter Two

Isaac groaned inwardly as he sat at his desk at the studio. Zac was off getting lunch which left him here with Taylor who was on the phone with his flavor of the month. Isaac was sure this was his own worst nightmare. Listening to his brother lovey-dovey talk to some chick who would be gone in a month.

Picking up the half-empty cup of coffee that was on the table, Isaac took a drink. It was cold but that would be expected since it had been sitting there for over an hour now. It had been his fifth cup of the day.

Lately it seemed that coffee was the only thing keeping him going. Ever since leaving Natalie he had been staying at hotel downtown. It was nice but he just hadn't been able to sleep or clear his mind. He had never expected his marriage to go down this road, even if he hadn't loved her when he married her. He had come to depend on her and to be comfortable with her. Everything had been fine until their last argument. Things had been said that neither could take back.

Shaking his head he put the cup back down. Seeing that Taylor was off the phone finally, Isaac decided to try to make a conversation with him. Anything would be better than thinking of Natalie and the fact that she had probably gotten the divorce papers he had filed for two days ago.

"So, whose the new girl?" Isaac asked as he turned his chair slightly, the wheels squeaking when he did so.

Taylor made a face when he heard the squeak of the wheels as Isaac moved in that damn chair of his. Turning in his own chair, he came face to face with his older brother. He was half sure Isaac had aged a lot in the past month but Taylor knew that was probably because of his failing marriage.

"Her name is Nikki," he shrugged a smirk appearing on his lips after he said her name. "She was at one of our shows this past summer. That's how I met her."

Isaac tried to hide his amusement that Taylor was dating yet another fan of theirs. It seemed that was all he had ever attracted to him. "I'm not surprised she is a fan," Isaac laughed as he shook his head.

Taylor furrowed his brow some at Isaac's comment, "What does that mean?" he asked feeling slightly offended by his brother's words.

"It just means you have a type Tay," Isaac shrugged. "Brunette and a fan of our band," he sighed as he leaned back in the chair. He knew from Taylor's tone he had offended him. He hadn't really meant too but he was being honest.

Taylor rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "Well that's funny, considering, I was with Natalie before you married her," he said his tone going harsh. He knew it was a low blow but he was even more offended now by Isaac's words.

"Oh trust me, I never forget that," Isaac nodded as he kept his face neutral, tryin not to show that Taylor's words had hit a nerve. He hated being reminded that Taylor had been with her first. He also hated that Taylor liked to throw it in his face whenever he got mad at him. "I also know Zac was with her too before she married me," he muttered under his breath not even caring that Taylor didn't even know that bit of information.

Taylor was about to respond to Isaac's words until he heard the last thing Isaac chimed in with. Zac had been with Natalie too? "When was Zac with her?" Taylor asked as he raised an eyebrow and let his chair slide closer to Isaac. He may have been mad before but now he was curious.

Isaac laughed some when Taylor's mood changed at the drop of a dime. He was half sure his brother was bipolar.

"After she hooked up with you. Though apparently unlike you, Zac wasn't just a one night stand," Isaac shrugged feeling a bit uncomfortable talking about his wife's past sexual encounters with both of his brothers.