Chapter Twenty-Three

Stained Red Chapter Twenty-Three

Isaac looked around the park he now sat at. His eyes landing on children playing he smiled sadly thinking of his own three children back at home. Natalie had called him last night or more like this morning as it was going on midnight and told him that she and Taylor were planning on telling Theo the truth today. While he wished he could be there he half felt as if maybe it would be better this way. It would be better because it would give Taylor a chance to step in as a parent if Theo lashed out. It was something Taylor needed to learn if he too wanted a part in Theo's life.

Sighing he ran a hand through his hair wondering how much things would change once he did go back to Oklahoma. With Theo knowing the truth things were bound to change and Isaac still felt like maybe by leaving he had ended the marriage between himself and Natalie even if he did love her and god did he love her even if before this year he had been too stubborn to admit it but maybe there was a difference between loving her and being in love with her.

Looking up when he heard someone holler his name Isaac smiled seeing Kate. He had called her up and asked her to come here. The kids could play while they chatted. Their conversation yesterday had helped him and maybe talking to her today would help as well.

"Sorry I was running late," Kate spoke as she reached Isaac. "Shepherd decided to show he was a Hanson and threw a fit," she laughed as she sat down her eyes staying on her kids. Shepherd was leading Junia to the slide.

Isaac laughed at Kate's words, "Of course Shepherd decided to show his Hanson genes. Sometimes that just happens," he teased as he shrugged. "I'm sure my own kids show their Hanson genes at times too."

Kate smiled at Isaac's mention of his own kids. "Speaking of them Diana called me last night," she informed him. "Natalie confessed everything to her."

"Yeah she called me as well though it was right before I ran into you at the ice cream place," Isaac laughed as he shrugged. "She's pissed but I think in time she'll calm down. I mean everything Natalie told her, her reasons where all reasons I already knew or suspected anyway."

Listening to Isaac, Kate sighed, "You aren't mad at her though?" she asked as she raised an eyebrow. "I mean I may be talking to her again occasionally thus how I knew about the abortion comment but I'm still mad at her for her actions. She acts like she can get away with everything without there being a fallout."

Isaac laughed slightly because Kate was speaking the truth, "Oh I was mad but I have had time to come to terms with my suspicions. I have had time to get used to things. Ya'll haven't."

"I guess that makes sense," Kate said as she looked at the kids. They were still happy playing it seemed. If they weren't she was sure she would have heard them complaining. "I just hate the way she has done everyone."

"I did too but there's no use in complaining about the past," Isaac sighed as he looked down at his wedding band. He knew it was wrong to still hope he could go back to when he had been naive to Natalie's ways. "She is telling Theo the truth today. Her and Taylor decided it was best."

Kate found herself at a loss of words now. Natalie telling Theo the truth about his paternity wouldn't go well. Theo had a tendency to be moody sometimes. She could just see the kid lashing out at Natalie.

"I thought I would be okay with Theo knowing the truth," Isaac continued at Kate's silence. "But to be honest I don't want him to know. I want to keep things the way they were. I want to be his only dad. I know once he knows things will change so much. Things are already changing."

Frowning Kate reached over and put her hand on Isaac's back comforting him slightly. "Changes can be good sometimes," she offered not sure if that would help him.