Chapter Fourteen

Stained Red Chapter Fourteen

Natalie awoke later that night to a pounding on the door. Turning to face Isaac who was sleeping soundly beside her she slipped out of bed. She wasn't sure how he could sleep through the loud pounding and she also prayed that all of their children slept through it as well. She would hate to have them woken up.

Finding her robe she slipped it over the t-shirt and shorts she had on and she made her way downstairs. As soon as she opened the door she froze when she found a disheveled looking Taylor at her front door. He looked like shit and he smelled like alcohol. He smelled like he had bathed in alcohol.

"Can I come on?" Taylor asked Natalie once she had opened the door. He had asked that but he didn't even give her time to answer. Instead he just shoved his way inside. "I need to talk and you're the only person who will listen to me."

Natalie shut the door behind Taylor following him inside. She was relieved when he made it to the couch without falling down, "You can talk to me," she nodded hoping he didn't get too loud and wake her family up. She wasn't sure if she would be able to explain his presence to Isaac and she wasn't sure how mad that it would make Isaac. She didn't want him to leave when he just came home.

"Nikki cheated on me with Isaac," Taylor confessed as he looked at her. "T..that was why Isaac didn't tell me about Theo after you confessed things to him. Nikki found out about Theo's paternity and used that against him," he frowned. "She used that against him as well as their affair."

Natalie nodded her head, "I knew all of this," she said biting her lip. Obviously Taylor had been kept in the dark that she knew what Nikki had done. "Isaac told me everything. That was what made us decide to get a DNA test."

Hearing Natalie's words Taylor frowned some, "So you lied to me too? You knew Nikki was a lying cheating bitch and you kept it to yourself?" he asked feeling even more hurt than what he had been. "I guess you had to protect your kind," he spit out without thinking.

Feeling hurt by Taylor's words Natalie swallowed a lump in her throat, "I wasn't protecting her," she defended as she shook her head. "I was just doing what was best as not to ruin everyone's lives. Yours,Kate's,Zac's, Isaac's..or did you forget that Nikki could have done that? She could have ruined things Tay. She could have ruined things for Zac and Kate and for you."

"She already ruined things for me," Taylor spat out knowing she had already ruined his life. She had cheated on him and she had also lied about the baby possibly being his. "Her baby could be Isaac's," he sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "She let me believe I could be a dad then she says tonight after I confront her on the cheating that the baby could be Isaac's."

Natalie forced a smile wondering if she should reveal she had known that too. "She told Isaac that already," she sighed deciding to be honest. "She told him about the pregnancy first the day she came back."

"Of course she did," Taylor muttered feeling even more hurt that again he had been kept in the dark about something. "Why do I always feel like the last to know things?" he asked her as he locked eyes with her. As they locked eyes he felt guilty for insinuating she was a lying cheating bitch. All her mistakes had really been in the past while Nikki was still making hers.

"Probably because you are," Natalie sighed as she locked eyes with Taylor. She felt bad for him. She felt bad that everything he had with Nikki had been shattered today. That he had to find out she wasn't who he thought she was.

Chewing his lip Taylor looked away from Natalie, "At least I know everything now. That's all that matters. Getting drunk helped me deal," he laughed as he turned to look at Natalie again. "Seeing you helped too," he whispered not sure if she would hear him.