Chapter Twenty

Stained Red Chapter Twenty

Natalie rolled her eyes as she sat on the porch of her house watching her oldest kids play in the front yard though really Theo was teasing Henry on his art chalk drawings. It was July and it had been three months since Isaac left voluntarily. Three months and she had withdrew herself from all things Hanson.

It wasn't that she didn't love the family because she did but it was the fact she didn't want to answer questions on why Isaac had left or even where he had went. She could answer the first but they'd all hate her. They'd hate her when they knew Theodore wasn't Isaac's. They'd never forgive her for those lies all those years ago or being with all three boys. Diana would probably even kill over and have a heart attack as religious as she was now.

Natalie also knew she couldn't tell them about this newest baby either. The baby who was she three almost four months pregnant with. She couldn't tell them that it too was Taylor's though she was kind of surprised Taylor hadn't told them either one of those things though she had only found out through a voice-mail he'd left her the day Isaac left that he knew about the baby and that they needed to talk. Natalie guessed Zac had told him.

As for answering where Isaac was Natalie couldn't do that because she didn't know. She didn't know where her husband had ran off too nor did she know when he was coming back. All she did know was that he called once a week to speak to the children. At least he was still trying to be in their lives during his time away. It was a time away she didn't fault him for really. She too was finding she had needed a break from him as well and a break from his family.

Though a part of her figured the break would end today. She had gotten a call from Diana who had left a voicemail asking her to come to the house or well actually pleading. Diana had been crying and so Natalie knew she'd have to oblige. She'd go to her in-law's house when Audrey awoke from her nap. A nap that had been needed as she had been fussy all morning having been awoken by the phone call Isaac had made for the kids.

"Mommy?" Henry asked bringing Natalie out of her thoughts. "Do you think Gramma and Granpa got me something for my birthday?"

"I am sure they did sweetie," Natalie told him as she smiled. His birthday had been at the first of the month though she had only a small get together with him and a few of his school mates that he had been close to in preschool. She hadn't invited the Hanson's which she knew was probably bad but again she had needed the break and when she had confessed it all to Isaac briefly during one of his weekly calls to the kids he hadn't been upset or mad. He had said it was her choice.

Henry grinned at his moms words, "I hope so," he giggled as he ran to where she sat on the porch. "I wish they had came to my party. I wish daddy had came," he frowned before falling into his mom's lap.

"Daddy doesn't care about us anymore," Theo spoke after hearing his brother mention wishing their dad had been at the party. "If he cared he'd be here," he snapped as he rolled his eyes going to the porch as well and sitting beside his mom. "He wouldn't have left us again."

Natalie frowned listening to her oldest son speak, "It's not your dad's fault he left," she told him as she put one arm on Henry and reached the other out pulling Theodore to her. She should have known Theo was taking Isaac leaving the worst. He was always the one who showed his emotions the easiest and tended to have outbursts. It was a trait she thought he had inherited from Taylor. "He just needed some time away. Sometimes things get complicated and adults need time away."

Theo glared as he shook his head, "But you're having another baby," he spoke as he looked up at his mom.

"I am," Natalie smiled slightly as she nodded. She had told Henry and Theodore about the baby last month though she hadn't told them that Isaac wasn't the daddy. It wasn't their business yet. It was something they could learn when they got older. It was something that wasn't needing to come out just yet to them.