Chapter Nineteen

Stained Red Chapter Nineteen

Isaac chewed on his lip as he sat in the hospital room. It was going on eleven at night and he had been called here just mere hours after work. Nikki had came because of cramping and bleeding. She was afraid she was losing the baby and the doctors seemed to agree that she was after running a few tests and doing an ultrasound.

"Don't you think I should call Taylor?" Isaac asked as he looked at the woman whose company he really didn't like to be in half the time. "He deserves to know you are miscarrying this baby as well."

Nikki shook her head at Isaac's words, "He doesn't care what happens to me or this baby. He made that clear once finding out how awful I was," she frowned thinking about their confrontation after he had found out she slept with Isaac and the baby could be his. "He told me he doesn't care what happens to me. That he wishes I'd just vanish or better yet get rid of the baby and get out of his life."

Going silent at Nikki's confession Isaac wanted to be mad at Taylor for suggesting that Nikki abort a baby that could be his but he couldn't because he had done the same to Natalie. He had suggested she abort a baby that was for sure Taylor's child. He was no better than the brother he was mad at right now.

"Taylor can be an ass sometimes," Isaac offered as he smiled. "All of us Hanson men can be actually. I'm sure if you asked my mom it's a trait that comes from our dad," he laughed as he looked at Nikki.

Nikki laughed too knowing that Isaac was right. Taylor could be an ass. "You know he wants your wife right?" she asked him though she hadn't meant it rude. Not after Isaac had been civil just a few seconds ago. "He wants to ruin your marriage."

Isaac nodded confirming he did know, "I know that," Isaac spoke up. "He may not have to ruin my marriage though. I may be doing a good job of that as it is," he sighed knowing that he had been an ass this morning but then again Natalie had been a bitch so maybe they were even.

"How are you ruining your own marriage?" Nikki asked wanting to laugh at that. "I mean it's obvious you love the woman. The night we hooked up it was her you rambled about and how no woman ever wanted you."

"I can be an ass too. The famous Hanson men trait," Isaac laughed again though it was much more bitter. "Natalie is pregnant," he told Nikki not sure if it was really the time since she was miscarrying but who else could he talk too? "It's Taylor's baby and I kind of suggested she get an abortion," he shrugged though he no longer felt too bad for suggesting it. "I just see the baby as another tie to Taylor with Theo already being one. This baby may make him more determined to get my wife from me."

Nikki couldn't help but frown as Isaac told her this information, "If this ruins your marriage then maybe it wasn't as strong as it should have been," she told him as she reached out for his hand. "Maybe what you need is a break from Natalie for awhile though," she suggested as she squeezed his hand. "I mean since being back with her you have been hit with the news that Theo isn't yours and that she is pregnant by Taylor. You need time to decide if her not getting an abortion will affect your marriage too. Not just having Taylor around."

Isaac closed his eyes not wanting to admit that Nikki was right. He didn't want to admit that maybe he did needed time away from Natalie again. That he needed to know if he had made the right choice. "We're in marriage counseling," he said as if that would fix things. "I could fix things there instead of leaving."

"True but you'll still be living with a woman who it seems like you can't get along with right now. It will just cause more fights and arguments. That's not healthy for the kids or for Natalie in her condition," Nikki reasoned as she let go of Isaac's hand. "Just at least think it over. Leaving may do your marriage good."