Chapter Fifteen

Stained Red Chapter Fifteen

Isaac smiled as he looked over at his wife. She was busy making the kids lunch and her hair was all a mess still. She obviously hadn't wanted to put herself together today and to be honest he liked her better that way. She could pull the look off. She could pull it off well.

Standing from where he sat at their kitchen table he put the newspaper down and walked up behind Natalie, his arm sliding around her waist, "Have I told you that you look beautiful?" he asked her before kissing her earlobe softly. It had been a week since he moved in and a week since the incident with Taylor. To say he was trying to keep his wife' affections to only him would be the truth.

Natalie shivered some as Isaac kissed her earlobe but a smile went across her lips at his words, "Maybe once or twice," she answered as she finished making Henry and Theo's sandwiches. "I don't think I am that beautiful though. I have no make up on right now."

"Trust me you are," Isaac told her as he held her closer to him. "How about while the kids eat we sneak upstairs for some fun?" he asked into her ear. It had been so long since they had actually even fooled around with each other and he hated to admit it but he was like some fucking teenager. He was horny and he wanted his wife. He wanted Natalie.

Blushing at his words Natalie turned around in his arms, "You have a deal," she nodded knowing they had enough time. Audrey was down for her nap and would be down for a few hours while the boys would probably eat and then go to the playroom or their own rooms. She and Isaac would have enough privacy to do the typical things married people did.

"Now let me go get our boys and then we can sneak away," Natalie grinned as she leaned in and kissed Isaac on the lips, her body moving into his more. As she pulled away she let her hand reach down to grab his crotch through his pants. "Just wanted to get you worked up," she smirked before leaving the kitchen.

After Natalie left the kitchen Isaac sighed as he looked down at the bulge in his pants now. Shaking his head he left the kitchen and was just about to head upstairs to wait for Natalie when he heard a knock at the door. Going to it he opened it and raised an eyebrow when he saw Kate.

"Is it true that Natalie dated Zac?" Kate asked as soon as Isaac opened the door.

Isaac swallowed hard at Kate's question. He didn't think Zac would have told her and really that only left Taylor or Nikki and he didn't see what Taylor would have benefited from it so he figured really that only left Nikki though he was confused what she gained in the end. She had lost Taylor and she had no way of ever being with him. Maybe she just wanted everyone else to lose then too.

"Why don't you come in and go into my office," Isaac said moving aside so Kate could come in. After she was in he lead her into his office and shut the door behind him. He didn't care that he had a bulge right now. Getting Kate calmed down and answering her question was more important. "I am going to go get Natalie," he nodded as he watched Kate sit down. "I feel like she needs to be here to own up to her lies," he sighed knowing that should have answered Kate's question of Natalie dating Zac.

Looking up at Isaac after she had sat down Kate shook her head, "So they did date?" she asked raising an eyebrow. "They dated and kept it from me?"

Isaac just nodded his head in response, "That would be the case," he said before turning to leave and go find his wife. He figured it was more her place to explain things to Kate than his own. He knew there would be questions he himself could never answer for Kate.

Natalie who had just gotten the boys settled into the kitchen smiled when she turned around to see Isaac coming in. "I thought you'd be upstairs," she whispered as she walked to where he stood. Her smile dropped though when she saw the serious look on his face.

"Kate's in my office," Isaac replied as he looked into his wife's eyes. "She knows about you and Zac," he muttered trying to keep his voice down so Theodore and Henry didn't hear him. "I think it's best if you talk to her about things."

Taking a deep breath Natalie walked past Isaac and exited the kitchen. The walk to his office felt longer than it should have and the whole way there she kept trying to figure out who would have told Kate. Her only conclusion leading her to Nikki. Nikki had told Kate about her and Zac.

When they made it to Isaac's office Natalie stepped in and stayed silent until Isaac had shut the door. It was only after the door was shut that she even turned to look at Kate who was now glaring at her.

"You dated Zac," Kate said as she looked at her best friend. "You dated Zac and never told me," she spoke as her voice broke some and the tears she had been holding back came out. She was hurt by this betrayal. That her marriage had this huge lie in it as well as her friendship with Natalie.

Frowning as Kate cried Natalie nodded her head though she knew Kate wasn't asking. Kate was confirming what she already knew. "I did date Zac. It was brief but I dated him."

Kate frowned as she felt more tears go down her cheek, "Was it before he was with me or after?" she asked as she raised an eyebrow. Maybe she could accept it if it had been before Zac got with her.

"After," Natalie admitted as she looked away from her friend. "It was during one of your breaks that you were on. It wasn't planned but it happened."

Closing her eyes Kate took a few breaths before opening her eyes and trying to compose herself now, "Which break?" she asked wanting to know the details. She deserved that much. "Which break did you decide it was okay to date Zac?"

"The one after New Years in 2002," Natalie answered knowing Kate would do the math. Kate would realize in her head that their conversation about Theodore's paternity not only included Taylor but that it also included Zac. She would know that Zac had lost his virginity to Natalie.

Going silent at Natalie's words Kate sighed knowing that meant he could have also been a contender in Theo's paternity. "The conversation we had last month," she finally spoke looking up at Natalie and then towards Isaac. "Zac could be Theo's father."

Isaac shook his head no, "Zac isn't the father Katie," he told her as he went to sit beside her. In a way he felt bad for her. She like him was finding out that her spouse hadn't been fully honest with her during their marriage but at least her whole marriage had never been built on a lie. "Natalie and I had a DNA test done. Taylor is Theo's father."

Nodding when Isaac spoke Kate felt some relief. At least that was one less blow to her ego. One less thing to hurt her. "You could have told me Natalie," she whispered as she stood from the chair she sat in. "I may not have liked it but I deserved the truth. I deserved the truth."

When Natalie didn't say anything back but only nod Kate shook her head but walked past her friend, "I really don't want to see or hear from you for awhile. I will only call you if my children ask to see yours," she muttered as she left the room quickly. She wanted to get home now and confront her husband.

After Kate was gone Isaac sighed and walked over to Natalie pulling her into him. She may have gone silent but he knew it was because she was hurting. She had hurt Kate and felt bad for it. "I'm sorry Kate had to find out this way," he told her as he looked down at her.

"I am too," Natalie agreed as she closed her eyes and kept her head buried in Isaac's chest. She felt so bad that Kate had found out at all. Since Zac wasn't Theo's father she had really not seen why Kate should have to know she even dated Zac or had sex with him. "It just makes me hate Nikki so much more," she sighed before pulling away from her husband.

Natalie knew they had plans to fool around but she was no longer in the mood. Confronting Kate had ruined that and also made her feel a bit queasy. "I think I am gonna go lay down for awhile. I'll make the sex up to you later," she whispered before slipping out of the office herself and heading upstairs. Getting there she went to the bathroom first where she got sick and then she headed to the bedroom laying down and trying to forget the events with Kate.

Isaac just watched as Natalie left knowing not to stop her. He wasn't going to make her feel guilty because he could understand how she wasn't in the mood. Sighing he left the office and headed into the kitchen where the boys were still eating. He might as well eat with them now.