Chapter Thirteen

Stained Red Chapter Thirteen

Taylor wasn't sure how long he stood there after Isaac's confession but it sure felt like a lifetime. "You slept with Nikki?" he asked wanting to make sure he had heard him right though deep down he knew he had. He had heard Isaac perfectly clear. Isaac had slept with his fiancee. Isaac had slept with Nikki way before Taylor had even slept with Natalie again.

Shaking his head when Isaac didn't answer but just stood there in silence Taylor balled his hand up and before he knew it he had hit Isaac square in the nose, watching as Isaac fell back some into the wall before holding onto his nose. "You slept with Nikki and are just now telling me?" he asked another question feeling his anger boiling. Just how many more secrets did Isaac have up his sleeve right now.

Holding his now bloody nose Isaac looked at Taylor, "I wanted to tell you," he answered as he looked at his brother a frown growing on his lips. "I wanted to tell you the night I found out but she warned me not too. She knew about Theo because when I was drunk I told her. She used the threat of it getting out against me."

"And you still could have told me and let Nikki reveal the stuff about Theo. I needed to know about that anyway," Taylor snapped his voice raising slightly.

"But that was before we were sure that Theo was yours. That was when Natalie also thought Zac could have been the father," Isaac shrugged. "Nikki would have told you and Zac and Kate."

Closing his eyes at Isaac's words Taylor hated that he could see reason in this, especially when he wanted to be mad at Isaac. He was mad at Isaac. "And Kate can never find out," he sighed before running a hand through his hair. "Kate can never find out."

"Kate can never find out what?" a voice asked from the now open door and both Taylor and Isaac turned to see Zac standing there. It was obvious he was confused by why they had been talking about Kate.

"And what the hell happened to your nose?" Zac asked before stepping in the room. "Did you punch him?" he asked another question as he turned to look at Taylor.

Isaac nodded as he held his still bleeding nose, "Taylor did punch me," he confirmed wondering if Taylor would fill him in on why when Zac asked the inevitable question that Isaac knew was coming from their brother.

"Why?" Zac asked now confused as to why Taylor punched Isaac and why they had been talking about Kate.

Taylor laughed some when Zac asked why, "Does it matter as to why?" he asked though he knew that answer. "Well I guess to you it does," he continued before chewing on his lip. "If you must know Isaac told me he slept with Nikki. He slept with her the night before I asked her to marry me," he muttered letting some of his anger show now.

"And that has to do with Kate not knowing something?" Zac asked still confused as to how Kate was involved in all of this. Was there something his wife was keeping from him too?

"Because I wanted to tell Taylor but I couldn't," Isaac continued the story for Taylor. "Nikki knew some things. She knew that Theo might not have been mine. That two more men could have been the father and she threatened to tell both of them."

Swallowing hard at Isaac's words Zac knew who those other two men were. Himself and Taylor. "I could be Theo's father?" he asked not even caring about the fact that Nikki knew he had dated and slept with Natalie. It wasn't like Kate was good friends with Nikki, in fact he was sure neither woman had met yet.

"Could have been," Taylor corrected Zac. "Isaac and Natalie had a DNA test done. I'm Theo's father," he said still not used to saying those words out loud. He was a dad. He had been a dad for ten years now.