Billionaires New Wife

By TMSaunders

Nate's father wanted him to take over the family business. Nate had other ideas and enlisted in the Army at 1... More

PLEASE READ BEFORE READING THIS BOOK
Nate And Jayla
Night of the funeral
A night to remember
Losing myself to him
Love hurts
Business Trip
To Far
My Sexy Wife
It Feels Like Love
Tempers Rise
Lets Try Again
End Of The Trip
Four years past
Deployment
Taking the shot
Flying home
Let's Just Do The Mission
Years Pass So Quickly
What happened
Taking A Chance
Family First
Choices
Office Party
Epilogue

The company party

9.1K 247 3
By TMSaunders

It had been a couple of weeks. Jayla is getting ready for the party that is held every year at Nate's company. 

 Nate had been running the company with a firm hand, his father was a tough man, very hard to get on with. Nate is the opposite, but had to be firm in some of the business deals. 

Nate had his tux on waiting for Jayla, 

 "Jayla, we're Going to be late, and that won't look good for me".

She opened her bedroom door stepped out. He looked the dress she is wearing which showed off all her perfect curves, it is a tight fitting dress, knee length off the shoulder.

 "I had to take my panties off, I could see them. This dress is like a second skin".

 Nate Shakes his head and laughed,

 "Just don't bend over, you'll be flashing yourself to every man. I don't want that". 

"As the divorce been sorted yet?, surely your lawyers have done something?". 

He had the paperwork but he hadn't signed it and he needed Jayla to sign it. 

He wanted to have her for a little while longer. 

"Yes, I have the paperwork, I'll bring it home tomorrow so you can sign".

Jayla smiled but she wasn't ready to give him up either.

They walked to the elevator Nate pushed the button for the private car park,

"You look beautiful Jayla". She smiled.

"Thank you. You look handsome in your tux". He kisses her cheek. 

They got in the limo to drive to the party. 

The limo pulled up outside the venue. There are reporters waiting for Nate. 

 Nate steps out offered his hand to Jayla, she extended her hand stepped out off the limo. 

The camera flashes, reporters shouting.

 Jayla hooked her arm around Nate's arm they walk to the entrance of the building, when a reporter shouted, 

"Is it true you're getting a divorce?". 

 Nate stopped looked at Jayla. 

 She smiled, he was going to say something, she kissed him and he kissed her back with his hands on her ass the flashing from the cameras is out of control.

They walk into the entrance of the building, 

"Well Jayla you handled that well". 

 "How did they find out?". 

 "They have their sources and some people just talk". 

 "Well tomorrow I should sign the divorce papers, so I can return to England".

 Jayla didn't want to divorce Nate but she knew they had too. 

 Nate looked at Jayla.

"We will sort that out tomorrow, but for now we have a party to attend too".

He didn't want to divorce Jayla, he wanted her as his wife, and he most certainly didn't want her returning back to England, he knew he wouldn't see her again.

They walk through the lobby to the banquet room, where the party is held too. 

Nate walked in and is greeted by some of his employees, he shook hands and spoke to some of the senior managers.

Jayla walked around and spoke to some of the women who were married to some of the senior managers.

Nate looked over at Jayla and thought she looked beautiful, could see she is enjoying herself talking to his employees and their family members. 

He knew he couldn't find anyone like her, she had so much compassion for his employees, and she was laughing and joking.

He was falling in love with her, he walked over to where she is standing and asked if she wanted a drink, 

"Yes please but no champagne". She laughed he smirked.

Nate had to say a few words to thank everyone for there support, the company would still grow and expand. 

He carried on shaking hands meeting his employees from different departments, he still watched Jayla, with a beautiful smile and her kind gestures, she is glowing.

Jayla's phone rang and she disappeared, out into the lobby,

It was a friend of her fathers, telling her that her father was missing and had been for two weeks, his helicopter was shot down. That he was on a top secret mission, but they couldn't find the crash site. 

She is devastated, her father was all she had, she had to sign the damn divorce papers so she could go home to England, but she had to tell Nate, she would have to leave. 

She wiped her tears away, and stood in the lobby for a bit. 

Nate glanced around the room to see if he could see Jayla. He didn't see her anywhere, he looks over to the big glass doors to the lobby to see her pacingnwiping her eyes. 

He watched her for a while, she had her phone up to her ear could see by the expression on her face something is wrong.

Jayla is finding it hard to breath, she put her phone away and wiped her eyes again straightened herself up, walked back into the party.

Nate looked at her and could see the smile had disappeared, she looked upset, he steps over to her,

 "Is everything alright, Jayla?".

 "Yes, I need to sign these divorce papers".

 "I will bring them home tomorrow".

 "I need to leave, I'm going to get a taxi". 

 She turns to walk off Nate gently grabs her arm to escort her to his office. 

 She looks at him.

"Good now let's get this fucking divorce sorted, where do I need to sign".

 "I didn't bring you in here for that, I want to know why you want to go home?".

 "I need to pack, I'm going home tomorrow as soon as we sign the divorce papers, but if I sign them now I can leave tonight". 

 "Why have you got to go in such a hurry?".

 "I was going home as soon as the divorce was signed".

 Jayla didn't want to leave Nate but she loved her father more than anything, she needed to get home.

 Jayla's phone rings, she answers it and, her voice gets shaky.

 "Oh god no". She shouts.

She collapses in a heap on the floor. Nate picks her up takes the phone to speak to the person on the phone. He knew straight away, it was someone from the Army with the coded words that are being used. He spoke to them at length to find out what was going on, when the call ended.

 He picked Jayla up in his arms sits her on the sofa got her a neat whiskey, 

"Here, it won't make you feel better but it will numb you".

She took the glass downed it in one, Nate looked at her his eyes gazing intently.

"Jayla, they found the helicopter but there is no sign of your father or his team, they are still looking".

 "The chopper went down in enemy territory, I know what that means. I was born into the Army the same as my brother was. My father is my family. He was all I have left". She sobs.

 "Jayla you have me, do I not count as your family? I'm your husband". 

 "No... I don't know, I'm so confused, I need to return to England". She is confused with mixed emotions.

Jayla stands walks to the door, Nate stops her pulls her tight to his body to cuddle her. She rests her head on his shoulder, she had mixed emotions for Nate.

 "We need to get back to the party, I can sort myself out in the morning". Jayla says to Nate.

 "Are you sure?". He asks.

 "Yes, I'm here to support you, like a wife is meant to, well until we sign the divorce papers". 

 Nate lifted her chin to kiss her. 

"Come on, we'll be back at the penthouse in a couple of hours".

She wiped her eyes smoothed out her dress returned to the party with a smile. She continued to talked to more employees. 

Nate looked at her thought she is brave to just carry on. He is pleased she stayed for him.

Jayla wanted to do this for him. She hid her feelings.

After tomorrow I won't see him again. 

She steps over to Nate stood by his side, he put his hand on the small of her back kissed her on the cheek.

"We'll be going in a moment". 

 She smiled.

Jayla is having a conversation with Nate's personal assistant, she thought she is a pretty woman. A couple of years older than herself, giving that Jayla is only twenty two. 

Nate had walked off to speak to his vice president, and was in a deep conversation with him. 

Jayla listened to his personal assistant, but all Jayla is thinking about is the late nights Nate had to work, or was he with his assistant.

 "Nate works hard, did you know he was in the Army?". She says to Jayla.

 Jayla looks at her.

"Yes I do, and he still is a soldier". 

"So, he told you?". 

 "Why wouldn't he? That was the first conversation I had with him, that's how we met". 

 "That's how you met, he never mentioned that". 

 "I asked him if he sits at a desk, he replied yes but he had just left the Army".

 "He told me he doesn't like to talk about the Army". His assistant tells her.

 "Well he talks about it all the time, or it might be, the fact I was born in the Army, my father is a Sergeant Major". 

His assistant finished talking strolls over to Nate, he kissed her on the cheek she smoothed his shoulder of his suit jacket as if something was there. She laughed walked away Nate watched her walk away, he finished his drink put his glass on the table, followed his assistant.

Jayla couldn't believe what she is seeing, she knew she was going to be divorced in the morning but he could have waited until it is signed. 

She is feeling jealous, hurt, saddened, she wanted to leave. She felt empty.

She makes her way to the office. The door is locked, she knew then what was going on.

 "Nate, I'm leaving". She shouts. 

She walked off not saying another word. Nate opened the door shout to her, she waved her hand in the air carried on walking.

She walks through the lobby out to the front of the building. She stood there waved a taxi, she got in went back to the penthouse. 

She packed her suitcase ready to leave. She pulled her case out to the kitchen placed the ring on the top with a note.

"Good bye". That is all she wrote.

She got in the elevator. Stepped out in the lobby walks outside slides back into the taxi to go to the airport.

Nate is angry with himself, he didn't want to hurt Jayla. He left his office walked out to the limo went back to the penthouse. He got in the elevator, when it reached the penthouse. He is shouting,

 "Jayla.... Jayla". 

He steps into her room checked the drawers, everything had gone. 

He got his phone dials her number but there is no answer. 

He walked into the kitchen to get a coffee, he could see Jayla's wedding ring placed on a note. 

"Good bye". 

What the fuck we haven't signed the papers for the divorce yet, he thought. 

He tried ringing again but still no answer. 

He tried ringing her again and left a message, 

"Jayla this is your husband, I'm sorry but you didn't sign the divorce papers, please contact me".

Jayla could see Nate had been ringing her, but she didn't want to answer him. She is at the airport waiting for her flight, her phone rings again she answers it. 

"Hello Nate, just send the divorce papers to me and i'll sign them". 

 "Where are you?". 

 "At the airport waiting to go home".

 "I'm sorry Jayla".

 "What have you got to be sorry for, we were practically divorced, I got to go my flight is boarding".

 "Jayla, I want to speak to you?".

 "Bye". Jayla ends the call.  

**************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

886 4 9
*FOR MATURE READERS* (!TRIGGER WARNING!: This story contains self harm, drugs/alcohol, abuse, sexual content, and swearing!)
20K 1K 39
Riley Matthews has gone through a lot. From her mother passing away, to her father being an asshole, from her own emotional issues, and to even her b...
1K 4 19
Jenni is a very active, intelligent girl who goes to a school called Malen Wood High school in San Francisco , California. Her parents had been missi...