Turn for the Worst

By starchild10

Emma Swan's life is as normal as can be until a night out with her friends leads to her abduction by a strang... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 14

398 5 0
By starchild10

"So Henry," Jack says, sitting down in the interrogation room with the kid. "Tell me what happened on Friday night?"

"Well..." Henry says. "I went to school like I usually did. I had a Spanish test that day and then I took the bus home."

Behind the glass, David, Nova, Leroy, Ruby, Killian, and Regina watch with intent. Mary Margret had been sent home, but Elsa and now Aurora were staying with her in case anything happened.

"Should we really be doing this?" Regina says with concern. "I mean there's no way he would abduct his own mother."

"He's an important witness Regina," David says, not taking his eyes off the kid. "I know it's unlikely, but you know we need to cover all the possibilities."

"He's not really a suspect anyways," Nova says. "We just need a timeline from him mostly."

"But he's only fifteen."

"He's stronger than he seems sister, relax," Leroy mutters.

"Was your mother there when you got home?" Jack asks.

"No, she wasn't home just yet. I'm usually by myself for a few hours afterward"

"What time does she usually show up at home?"

"It varies, but usually it's around 5:30 or 6. 7 is the latest."

"Okay,"

"I was playing video games when she came home and she got there after six. She made a quick dinner of mac and cheese before we both got ready for our parties."

"Yes, and who was driving you to the party?"

"My...friend, Violet Roberts, has an older sister, Juliette, who was going to drive us there."

"And what time was that going to be?"

"Around 8, I'm pretty sure."

"And what time did your Mom leave."

"Around 7:30, I'm pretty sure."

"Pretty sure?"

"I can't be 100%,"

"But you're sure she left the apartment."

"I saw her leave and she said good night to me."

"And then you went to the party?"

"Yes sir,"

"Is there anything I should be concerned about that happened at the party?"

A voice buzzes over Jack's walkie talkie.

"Stay focused, Jack," Nova reminds him.

"I didn't do anything illegal. I spent the whole night with my friend, Violet."

"Then what happened?"

"Officer David picked us up,"

"He did, did he?"

"Yes,"

"And what time was that?"

"After 1:00. David can vouch for that."

"I can," the voice crackles over the walkie-talkie.

"Okay, and was there any sign of your Mom when you got home?"

"No, the door was locked and the lights were out."

"Did you check her room at all?"

"No..." Henry sighs, wishing now that he had. Maybe he could have been a bit wiser and known something was wrong sooner.

"Did she give you any specific time that she said she would be home at?"

"No, but it was a party and I know that Ruby likes to stay out late."

"I resent that," Ruby mutters under her breath. Regina shoots her a look.

"Besides, I was really tired from the party so I went right to sleep, I didn't even change my clothes."

"And then what happened on Saturday?"

"I woke up at around noon."

"And was your mother home?"

"No."

"Did you know that?"

"No,"

"Did you find that a little strange?"

"A little, but I kind of just assumed that she was in her room. I knew that she had been drinking and wouldn't want to be disturbed, I know what she's like with a hangover."

"So you didn't check on her?"

Henry swallows "No," he says, trying not to tear up.

"So then what happened?"

"I watched TV, I did homework, I played video games."

"And even through all this you never checked on your mother?"

"No," Henry says, looking down as if in shame.

"When did you check on her?"

"Around the time I had to go to swimming practice, which was before 4:00. I had to be at the pool by 5."

Henry pauses and swallows a lump in his throat. "So I saw that she wasn't in bed and I checked the whole apartment to make sure she wasn't elsewhere."

"So then what did you do?"

"At first, I didn't panic. I called her at least three times but she didn't answer. My mom always keeps her phone on for emergencies. I texted her too, but I got nothing. I got more scared, but I wasn't too bad yet. I thought maybe she may have crashed at a friend's house."

"Who did you call first?"

"Regina Mills. She's like my second mom."

"Okay..."

"And I asked her and she said no, my mom wasn't there and she hadn't seen her. So, then I called Elsa Arendella and asked and she wasn't there either. I tried all her friends that she was out with that night."

"Can you name them?"

"Ruby Lucas, Granny Lucas and Granny's diner, MeyLing Zhang, Zelena Jordan, Aurora Stevens, and she suggested that I call Killian Jones. So I did."

"And still nothing?"

"Still nothing."

"Did you become concerned?"

Henry nods. "So I called David and Mary Margret and told them what happened. David took me to swim practice and they had me over for dinner and then came back home with me."

Jack bites his lip, hoping the recorder on the other side of the glass is getting all this.

"And then what?"

"Killian came over and he and David went out looking for my mom. Mary Margret stayed with me and we waited till they came home."

Jack ponders all the new information, putting a timeline together in his head.

"Thank you, Henry," he says softly. "Would you like some water?"

"Yes please," Henry says.

Jack goes to get some, leaving the kid alone. He yawns heavily and lays his head down, but unlike Killian, he doesn't cry.

"He seems pretty honest," Jack says, coming in from in front of the glass.

"I don't doubt him for a minute," Regina says confidently. "I've known that boy for almost 13 years and I can tell when he's lying and he wasn't. Not at all."

"It's good to know Miss Mills," Nova says. "But he's not a suspect anyways."

"And he does back up your claim of coming to the apartment Mr. Jones."

"Aye," Killian nods.

Regina stares at the kid, knowing he's exhausted with worry and despair. Regina just wants to pick him up in her arms like she used to when he was little and cradle him, telling him everything will be okay.

"You should let him go home," Ruby says as if reading Regina's mind. "He's exhausted."

All the adults look at the teen and how he was seconds from passing out.

"I'll take him home," Regina says.

"Not so fast Miss Mills," Nova says. "You have not given your statements yet and we want them now while they're fresh in your mind."

Regina wants to protest, but she figured the faster she gave the statements, the faster they would let her leave.

"Well then, get me in that room now."

"It's not that easy Regina," David says sternly.

Regina shoots him a look.

"Interrogations and recording of statements take a few hours at least," he explains.

"And it looks like Henry won't last a few hours," Ruby points out.

"Then who will take him home?" she asks.

"I will," Killian says gently.

"You?!" Regina says in shock.

"Aye, I've given my statements and as far as I know, I am free to go correct?"

"Yes," Jack nods slowly.

"I'll take him home and join Mary Margret and the others."

"We'll call you back in the morning," Ruby says

Regina bites her lip. She didn't know anything about Killian except for what Emma had told her and she is skeptical of allowing this man take home the boy who was basically her son. She was a bit suspicious of what Officer Jack had said earlier about him lying about something. Maybe he did kidnap Emma. Was he after Henry next? But she knew there was no way Henry could last the few hours needed for her statements.

"Alright," Regina says.

"I'll get him," Jack says.

Henry comes out of the room and Regina explains what going to happen. The poor kid has dark and heavy circles under his eyes and his eyes are bloodshot, either from exhaustion or crying, maybe both. He accepts the instructions without much resistance and Killian guides the poor kid to the car.

...

The next few hours are hard for everyone. Both Regina and Ruby give their statements and both are thoroughly embarrassed about having to admit how they spent the rest of their night. Regina with Graham and Ruby in a foursome. However, they knew it was to find their friend and put up with every question that was asked. David, Nova, and Jack all knew that the two could be crossed off the list pretty easily as Regina went home with another man and was with him the entire time and Ruby was so intoxicated that there was no way that she could have abducted her friend.

By dawn, all of those involved are exhausted, bleary-eyed and weak from hunger. David knew he couldn't rest, despite what his body was telling him. They needed more statements, the needed more clues. They hadn't even gotten to the bar staff yet, who were possible witnesses. Things were moving very slowly and David knew that the longer they took to find Emma, the more likely.

That is until at nine in the morning, an officer rushes into the station and goes right to the Commissioner's office.

"Boss!" someone yells, bursting into Gold's office.

"What is it?"

"There's security footage from the bar they were at... We have Miss Swan on tape!"

Thanks, guys. Please review and follow. Thanks to the reviewers who gave me the idea to have Emma at least caught on tape.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 922 19
When Regina and Killian bet on who's most lovable, using Emma as a target, things end a bit differently than either of them had expected. *You don't...
40.3K 4.4K 22
Regina Mills (31) got Kidnapped by her ex Boyfriend as she wanted to Break up with him, Emma Swan (29) is the The Officer who gets that case. It woul...
115K 3.7K 40
Emma Swan (21) and Killian Jones (23) are best friends and roommates since they met their freshman year in college. They both have a hard time with r...
58K 1.8K 17
After eight years of not seeing her past lover, Emma is asked a favor by Regina. The woman wants her to pretend to be her wife for a week and Emma ag...