Downright Delinquents

By LaurenJ22

Hayley Larson is the girl everyone wants to be. She is a model, has amazing friends, a perfect life. When her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two (re-written: expanded and plot change)
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER (Before Colin)
Quotes šŸ’–
T R A I L E R
Darker Than Sin šŸ–¤
Downright Delinquents: A Chapter Interactive Game
GAME IS LIVE
Downright Delinquents: Chapters Interactive: Spanish Translation
DOWNRIGHT MISFITS (A DOWNRIGHT DELINQUENTS 2.0 NOVEL)
DOWNRIGHT MISFITS TRAILER
Downright Delinquents is live on Lure!

Chapter Twenty Eight

208K 6.7K 1.3K
By LaurenJ22

Hey guys! I have recently made an official Facebook for myself where I will be posting more frequently to keep you all updated. I will be able to be contacted much easier that way, so if you're interested, the link is (also available in external link):

https://www.facebook.com/authorlaurenjackson

Dedication: BrendaRuiz0 for the awesome cover on the side! Thank you heaps, it's great. :)

Recap:

"Where's Colin?" Alex asked, whom I hadn't actually paid any attention to.

"Isolation." I couldn't keep the bitterness out of my voice. "And before you ask, I don't know how long. Probably a while though, I'd imagine."

"Damn." Chase groaned, also joining the conversation. "That's just great!"

Tell me about it.

"Distract me." I practically begged. "Gym, anyone?"

Like the typical crew we are, we couldn't let one man solider on alone. (That being me and I kind of forced them to come because I was weak and didn't want to face going their alone). So, we all got dressed into our tights (for the boys those weird skin things they insist on wearing) and our sports labelled singlets.

We entered the gym, feeling pretty thug I must admit, and all went to our separate machines. The couple of people who had previously been in there dispersed pretty quickly. From then on, we turned the music ear-drum shattering loud and sweated out all our troubles.

I am really beginning to like these people.

<><><><><><><><><>

"Flush this. Now." Imogen's voice was desperate as she shoved a bag of coke into my hand, her eyes stained red.

"Are you serious?" I snapped at her.

The alarm blared in my ears, making me wince. She could hardly even stand upright. I wanted to punch her for being such a moron. I stared down at my hand, a little startled at the memories that bombarded my brain at the touch of it.

"They're coming," she hissed, shoving me.

That effectively snapped me out of my mental revelation. I rounded on her, slamming her against the wall, the anger inside me swelling considerably.

"Do not tell me what to do and do not shove me, Imogen. Stop the drugs or I'll stop you."

She swallowed, her eyes darting around. Her hands were trembling and I knew she wasn't here with me right now. Letting go of my vice grip on her, I sighed. I knew what it was like to be caught up in this world.

"Get out of here."

With a nod, she took off. I scampered towards my bathroom, wading through the various bottles of alcohol and litter. I dropped to my knees, ready to flush it when I heard the door bust open. My stomach clenched painfully as I knew this was it.

I was done.

"You."

*************************** Three Hours Earlier ****************************

In a week nothing had happened but so much at the same time. Colin was still in isolation which was the nothing, but there were two new girls at school. Twins. Annabel and Jaeden, or double trouble is what refer to them as. They had turned everything upside down. Drug lord queens. I don't know what the hell has come over Imogen, but it has been parties, drugs, alcohol rage all week. I didn't recognise her. Yeah, the first couple I must admit I joined in on the festivities, but then I opened my eyes and realised what I was doing.

I watched, with narrowed eyes as the syringe was injected into Imogen's arm. A blissful sigh escaped her lips as she reclined back, pulling on Chase's hand. Her eyes were droopy and I swallowed, looking away.

"Come on Hayley," Annabel drawled, materialising beside me. Her green eyes peering into mine, her sadistic smirk planted onto her lips. I stared back at her distastefully. "I've heard about you. I'm not buying the good girl act."

My eye was trained on the syringe clenched in her palm. "No, thanks."

"Just one hit," she insisted, her eyes glassy. "Just one-"

I slapped the needle out of her hand and used my other hand to uppercut her in the jaw. She stumbled backwards and I shot to my feet, wrenching her towards me. I just wanted to beat some sense into her, not that I had much myself.

"How about you stay out of my face and don't make me repeat myself. Got it?" I spat through gritted teeth.

She smirked, much to my displeasure although my hit clearly took her by surprise. "Got it, Captain."

"Good."

Abruptly, I let her go, running a hand over my face. The worst part of this that Imogen took it upon herself to make our dorm the drug capital of Downright High. Fetching my belongings, I marched from the room and towards Colin's, which had seemingly become my safe haven. I stomped in there, cocooning myself into his blankets. I inhaled deeply, his lingering scent comforting me.

I wanted him back so badly.

<><><><><><><><><>

***************************** Now *******************************

"You."

Running my tongue across my teeth, I turned, clutching the tiny bag in my hand. I met his gave unflinchingly. He shook his head, his eyes dropping to the drugs in my hand. I could see the disappointment immediately and I actually felt a little bit of guilt, even though the drugs weren't mine. It was surprising that he actually thought something of me. Supposedly, my night trips for milk with him had paid off.

"Really thought you were one of the people that actually got saved in this place." he murmured and I stared at him in surprise. I opened my mouth to tell him the truth and mentally slapped myself. What was I doing? I was turning soft. I cleared my throat, knowing that I needed to do this for Imogen.

"Guess you thought wrong."

I gritted my teeth, dread circulating through my veins. I did not want to go to isolation. That place drove me insane.

"Come on, you know the drill." he sighed, reaching for his handcuffs. "Isolation time."

I clenched my jaw, my fists in balls.

Imogen owed me. Big time.

<><><><><><><><><>

Imogen's P.O.V:

*************************** Two Years Ago *******************************

His teeth grazed my skin. As usual, I felt nothing. No butterflies, no sense of desire. Nothing. I pulled back, his eyes having turned a few shades darker than they had been previously. I smirked at him, his lips parted as he was breathless. Clearly, the feeling of emptiness was not mutual.

"I want it now."

"You haven't given me what I asked for yet," he breathed, inching closer to me and pressing his rough lips against mine. I pushed back again, narrowing my eyes, the nice facade fading pretty quickly. I could only play nice for so long. Usually I could do this fine, but today, I just needed it. I missed my opportunity yesterday, so I was really feeling the effects of the withdrawals.

"Likewise. Now."

"You know the rules, only after the deed is done Imogen." he murmured, his hands skimming across my bare stomach.

I clenched my fists, my fingers tangling in his shirt. I tugged at the fabric, trying to stop my fingers trembling. I needed it now, I could hardly focus. I licked my lips as his moved against my neck. My throat was burning and my head was aching.

"I want the heroin and I want it now." I growled out, unable to last any longer. "For God sake I will rip your throat out with my bare fingers John."

His lips froze against me skin. He sighed, stepping back. "Imogen."

"Give it to me!" I screeched desperately.

He shook his head, stepping back. "You're too far gone."

"What? No, just give it to me."

I fumbled at his pockets, trying to fish the little bags out but I didn't get a chance to grab them. A gasp could be heard and I whipped my head to the left. My stomach sank as my mother stood there, her mouth hanging unattractively open, her eyes bulging. I glanced down, seeing my legs wrapped around her husband's waist with nothing but bra and skimpy underwear on. I swallowed, de-tangling myself from my step-father. It wasn't love. It wasn't even for the sex. It was for the drugs.

Everything I did was for the drugs.

"What the hell is this?" she whispered but I heard her clearly. Her long, blonde hair which I had inherited was in waves down her shoulders. Tears welled in her eyes, which were so similar to mine. For once, I actually felt something other than the ache of withdrawals. I felt guilty. "How long has this been going on?"

"Janeen-" John began but she backed away from him as if he was contagious.

"Don't you come near me," she whispered brokenly but her eyes piercing into him. "Don't you come close to me you sick son of a-"

It all happened so quickly. His hand was clasped around the lamp beside us and the next thing I knew, it was beating my mother's face in. A strangled scream tore from my throat as I watched. I stumbled after him, my head feeling light headed. The alcohol numbed me, temporarily, until the drugs kicked in. Now I was regretting consuming anything today.

"What are you doing?" I slurred, staggering sideways. I clutched clumsily at his back, trying to pull him off her. He shoved me off of him aggressively. My body fell to the ground, my face crumpled in pain as I watched helplessly. If only my body would do what I wanted it to...

I hadn't realised he stopped until his dark eyes were staring into mine. He cupped my face in his palms, his tongue snaking out and moistening his lower lip.

"Get off me! Why did you do that to her?" I screamed, flailing at him.

"What a shame... a daughter doing that to her own mother."

"W-what?" I stammered, my movements coming to a stand-still. I stared into his eyes, my own stinging with tears.

"Who are they going to believe, Imogen? A well respected husband and high school teacher? Or a drug-abusive teenager with an unavoidable history of alcoholism and violence."

"I didn't do this..." I trailed off, confused. "I didn't."

"We'll see what everyone else believes."

I felt gutted. I wanted to grab him and shake the life out of him, but I couldn't. My head was whirling and the room was spinning. Blackness edged at my vision and my eye fluttered close. I reclined back, feeling the urge to be sick.

"There's a place I know, Imogen. One that can give you what you want and what I want as well. Have you heard of Downright High?"

"You can't ship me off like I'm nothing John," I growled. "You cannot pretend this didn't happen. I'm gong to tell-"

"You're going to go to Downright High. You will party, you will take drugs and you will live the pointless life you're meant to, while I deal with your mother once she wakes up. I want you gone, or you're going back to juvie. I'll make sure of it myself. I have something I need you to do for me once you get there."

I stared down at my trembling hands, feeling sick to my stomach. My mouth began watering and I knew I was going to be sick. I glanced over at my mother, who was curled up in fetal position, howling in pain. The way John spoke, it was like he had been planning this for a long time. To send me to this 'Downright High', to do something... I stared helplessly at my mother.

If only I knew that would be the last time I saw her.

********************************* Now *********************************

I can't believe I'm here again.

I don't mean the physical setting of being in isolation, I mean being addicted to drugs again. Yeah sure, I've continued to experiment and consume drugs ever since I was admitted to Downright High, but nothing like the last week. It was just like before. I didn't recognise myself. Life became a blur and the ache inside my stomach only increasing with each day.

Sure, I felt good about myself as I confessed that the drugs were mine that they found on Hayley, but I couldn't help regret that decision. I desperately wanted it again. I want the rush and the feeling of pleasure I got from it. I groaned, clawing at my aching back. It had been two days and I thought for sure I was going to die. Pain skittered down my legs and back. I wanted to be high again. I clutched at my stomach with one hand and wiped the excess sweat from my forehead with the other.

The door swung open and one of the guard's stuck his head in. He gave me a worried glance. The other stood at the door while the first one entered, squatting down beside me.

"How are you feeling?"

I tilted my head at him. "What do you think?"

"Do you need more water?"

"Just heroin to go, thanks."

He sighed, ignoring my comment. He passed me a clear bottle of water and I grasped it, downing the entire body without pausing for breath. He quirked an eyebrow at me.

"I'll go get you some more."

He disappeared but soon returned with another bottle. I didn't touch this one, however. I was going to save it for later.

"At least you've stopped vomiting." he said hopefully, patting me awkwardly on the shoulder.

I shuddered at the thought of the first twenty four hours that I was in here. I never want to experience anything like that again. It was enough to make me reconsider everything. But at the same time, I still wanted to take it.

"How much longer will I be in isolation?" I gasped out.

He looked at me sadly. "A while yet, Imogen."

Burying my head into my hands, I let out a scream of frustration.

I never thought I would want to be back at Downright High, with my friends, so badly. Sure, I've been in isolation before, but it was nothing like this. I had never had such intense wtihdrawals before. I had been going so well, just occasionally doing drugs. (By occasionally I mean every couple of days). But this week... I thought I would be fine. But it came around to the day. The anniversary of my arrival here.

My mother's face, twisted in pain, burned into my skull. The look of betrayal and hurt etched into her features will haunt me until the day I die. Even though I was intoxicated and aching for whatever drugs John had on him, I still remember that day. Every second of it. The blood... there had been so much blood.

My palms turned clammy and my stomach churned uncomfortably. I locked eyes with the guard and he quickly grabbed the closest bucket, chucking it towards me. So much for not vomiting.

If this was what hell was like, I'm definitely signing up to scripture when I get back.

<><><><><><><><><>

Hayley's P.O.V:

I was bored out of my brain. With two of the few people I could stand here at Downright High, being locked up in isolation, left me with not much to do. Oh, and the fact that the entire school was on lock down while they did a drug raid didn't leave me with many options for fun either. At least if Imogen was here, we could hang out.

Rolling to my side, I flicked at my lighter. I watched the flame dance carelessly and sighed, blowing it out with my exhale. This week had been messed up. How easy, was it for someone to flick Imogen back to her old ways? Too easy. There had to be another reason why she took that abrupt turn back to who she used to be. As soon as I met the twins (double trouble) I knew I wasn't going to like them. Which is surprising, seeing as a year ago they would have been my best friends.

I was worried about Imogen.

She was going to be having withdrawals. She was going to be alone, the guards don't count. I sighed, sinking further underneath the covers of my bed, curling up into a ball. There wasn't really much to other than sleep right now.

I couldn't wait for Colin to be released. Not only to just be able to hug him again, but more for the escape. I wanted to leave here, just for the weekend and spend proper time with him. With that decision made, a smile made its way onto my face.

This gave me a little hope that this wasn't going to be the worst week of my life.

<><><><><><><><><>

What did you guys think, getting a little background info on Imogen? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 38 35
Hayley Parker's life was hypothetically going just smoothly. She had an amazing boyfriend, and housemates who always had her back. Well, not until Da...
1M 47.2K 36
**A Wattpad Featured Story** Madison Carlisle isn't just popular, she's the one girls want to be and the guys want to be with. But what's a girl to d...
96.7K 3.7K 20
Luke Smith grew up with a murderous father, an addict mother, and yet seemed to able to keep his sanity... Sorta. The kids on campus knew not to m...
171K 8.4K 58
Ashley Rae is never going to fall in love. She has seen what love does. It's pain, jealousy, and heartache. Maddox Larson is trouble with a capital T...