I Found You, Something Told M...

By jasss149

It was one of those heart-stopping moments where I didn't know what to do. Down to only one photograph, my li... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two.
Chapter Forty-Three.
Chapter Forty-Four.
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven.
Chapter Forty-Eight.
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One.
Chapter Fifty-Two.
Chapter Fifty-Three.
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five.
Chapter Fifty-Six.
Chapter Fifty-Seven.
Chapter Fifty-Eight.
Chapter Fifty-Nine.
Chapter Sixty.
Chapter Sixty-One.
Chapter Sixty-Two.
Chapter Sixty-Three.
Chapter Sixty-Four.
Chapter Sixty-Five.
Chapter Sixty-Six.
Chapter Sixty-Seven.
Chapter Sixty-Eight.
Chapter Sixty-Nine.
Chapter Seventy.
Chapter Seventy-One.
Chapter Seventy-Two.
Chapter Seventy-Three.
Chapter Seventy-Four.
Chapter Seventy-Five.

Chapter Forty-Five.

1.5K 49 6
By jasss149

Hiiiiii! Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy! :3

Please vote and comment!

<3

**

“Come on. Up. You’re going to this barbecue whether you like it or not.”

I groaned and rolled over, trying to ignore the incessant prodding on my back that was coming from my dad. He’d been hovering over my bed for the best part of fifteen minutes now, and I just wanted him to leave me alone and let me go back to sleep.

“I don’t feel very well.” I lied, burying my face into the pillow. “I think I’m sick.”

I’m sick.” He replied. “Sick of you hiding away in your room like some kind of hermit. What has gotten into you this past week, huh?”

Nothing!”

Eleven o’clock in the morning and that was my second lie of the day already.

Of course, what had really gotten into me was that I was trying my absolute hardest to avoid Zacky in any way possible. It certainly hadn’t been easy, considering this past week the Avenged family had spent even more time together than usual. But I’d not spoken to him, looked at him, or even acknowledged him being there.

I wasn’t sure if anyone had noticed, but right now, I didn’t really care. Charlotte and Linds had probably picked up on something, but even they wouldn’t have figured out the situation.

“I’m serious, Midge.” My dad continued to nag me, perching himself on the edge of my bed. “All you’ve done recently is hide up here and not talk to anyone. Are you mad at me? Is it because I went to see my parents?”

I rolled my eyes. “No. I told you. I’m sick.”

I knew he didn’t buy it in the slightest, but that was another thing I didn’t care about. I’d been too down about the whole situation to even worry that my dad might have figured something was wrong between Zacky and I. He could think whatever he wanted.

“Well, whatever.” He sighed. “You’re coming to this barbecue and that’s final. Charles and Linds go back to school soon and with all their school work, you won’t be able to see them as much. Get up and get ready.”

With that, he stood up and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

And I rolled out of bed, a huge sigh escaping my lips as I realised I actually wasn’t going to be able to get out of going to this stupid barbecue.

**

I couldn’t remember the last time I was this uncomfortable.

No one seemed to notice as I blended in the background, sat on a lawn chair in the shaded part of the garden, right in the corner, trying to distance myself from everyone else.

Charlotte and Linds were off talking to the girls while the guys fooled around in the pool, and I tried to seem interested in my phone. No one questioned my reluctance to socialise, thankfully, but I couldn’t shift the uncomfortable feeling inside of me as my gaze kept wandering over to Zacky.

He seemed totally fine and normal. He’d not said a word to me, but he didn’t appear to be freaking out about the situation or feeling uncomfortable like I was. It eventually got too much for me, and I felt his eyes on me when I abruptly stood up and wandered inside, making my way into the kitchen to get a drink.

I felt much more comfortable there, leaning against the counter as I sipped on a bottle of water, the shouts of everyone else only being a mere sound in the background. Though the comfort soon disappeared when I heard someone enter the room, and Zacky appeared next to me, rifling through the fridge.

“Hey, you.” He greeted me casually, sending me a smile as he pulled a beer out.

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, playing with the cap of the bottle. “Hello...”

He then moved away from the fridge, not bothering to shut the door as he pulled one of the draws in the counter open and grabbed a bottle opener. I stayed looking down at my water, expecting him to just walk out, but he spoke again.

“Getting pretty cold out, huh?” He said, opening the bottle.

“It’s August...” I blinked.

He hesitated for a moment, before shrugging. “Yeah, that’s why it’s so weird.”

I didn’t have the slightest clue what he was talking about. I’d not particularly noticed any drop in the temperature recently, but I wasn’t sure if it was because I’d experienced cold weather in England for seventeen years, or it hadn’t got cold at all and Zacky was, for some reason, attempting some pointless small talk.

“Yeah...” I murmured, unsure of what I was supposed to say to him.

He then placed the bottle opener back on the counter and stepped towards the door, glancing over his shoulder.

“See you, kid.” He quickly murmured.

A sigh escaped my lips, and I think it was that that stopped him from walking back out to the garden, as he turned on his heels to face me again.

“What are you holding yourself back from saying?” I demanded, raising an eyebrow as my voice wavered slightly. “Just go ahead. I’m sure I’ve heard it all before.”

He stepped further into the room again, heaving a sigh. “I’m sorry about the kiss. It shouldn’t have happened. Let’s pretend it didn’t and go back to being a family that’s happy.”

Of course, I knew he already felt that way. I knew he regretted the kiss, but it didn’t stop the twinge of disappointment and hurt making itself obvious to me as his words stabbed into me.

“Right.” I snapped, slamming the fridge door shut. “But why did it happen? And don’t give me any bullshit about how drunk you were, because you’ve managed to control yourself before.”

“I wanted to.” He shrugged a little awkwardly. “And it was wrong of me. And I’m sorry.”

I shook my head, feeling even more hurt than before. Something in Zacky’s expression changed, but he quickly shook it off and glanced towards the door.

“Coming out, kid?” He asked me, blatantly trying to change the subject. “I think Jimmy just put the barbecue on.”

“Cut the crap, Baker.” I scowled, not caring that I was showing my anger now. “Just lay it all out there. Where do we stand?”

He blinked, and those stupid puppy dog eyes returned. “Family. Friends.”

Feeling more and more disappointment course through me, I stared down, scared that I might weaken and start crying. I really didn’t want him to see what effect this had had on me.

“Or, if you want...” He spoke again, “I won’t talk to you anymore.”

I couldn’t actually believe he was seriously suggesting that. I knew I’d been the one avoiding him, but it was a bit much to suggest cutting me off completely. We were supposed to be family. There was no way that would work, even if I wanted it to.

“And you’d be happy to do that? After all the time we’ve spent together?” I asked, narrowing my eyes. “What was that all about, huh? Do you feel sorry for me or something? Because I thought I made it clear that the last thing I wanted from any of you guys was sympathy...”

He shrugged. “If it was what you wanted.”

“But you know it’s not.”

“But it’s for the best.” He sighed. “So, I’ll see you outside.”

With my upset now turning to slight anger, there was no way I was letting him get out of this that easily. I knew there was something more to it. I could just tell.

Or maybe it was wishful thinking.

I wasn’t sure. But either way, I wasn’t giving up.

No!” I exclaimed, making him stop again. “You’re not walking away from this that easily. Tell me the truth!”

“I just did!” He almost raised his voice, but thought better of it when realised we were still pretty close to the garden. Calming slightly, he sighed. “It’s best that we aren’t around each other like this.”

“Why?” My voice cracked. “If it was just a drunken mistake, why is that for the best?”

And that’s when he looked at me, directly in the eyes. There was something behind his gaze—something I couldn’t quite put my finger on. It was intense. So intense that I couldn’t look away. My stare just stayed locked with his.

“Because I don’t want to hurt you.” He quietly said, his voice coming out just above a whisper.

I stared back at him, exhaling shakily. “You’re lying to me.”

“I’m not fucking lying!”

I jumped slightly at how abrupt and loudly he’d spoken. He noticed, as he shook his head, sighing again.

“Look, I just—‘’

“Fine.” I interrupted him, nodding. “If it’s nothing, just go out there and explain to my dad everything that happened between us. And promise him it won’t happen again.”

He stared at me for what seemed like ages, before also nodding. “Okay. I will.”

“Good.” I shrugged. “And I’ll watch. Go on.”

With blatant reluctance, he heaved yet another sigh and dragged his feet outside, sitting down on a lawn chair right opposite my dad. I followed quickly, taking the seat next to my dad. I wanted to see how Zacky was going to get around this.

“So, Jason...” Zacky spoke up, gaining everyone’s attention.

My dad immediately looked up, and my stomach dropped. It looked like Zacky was really going to do this. I’d not expected him to...he had so much to lose.

We both did, actually. It would ruin a lot for sure, and I couldn’t deal with that. I quickly cleared my throat, making Zacky’s gaze divert from my dad to me, and I subtly shook my head at him.

He merely smirked, grabbing a beer can out of the cooler bag and throwing it in my dad’s direction.

“What is it, man?” My dad raised his eyebrows, opening the beer and taking a sip.

“How about you and I hit the strip club this fine evening?” Zacky asked him, though he seemed to stare at me an awful lot while he said it, a smirk still on his face. “I mean, these other losers are all too married to come. Just you and me.”

“Sure...” My dad replied, sending him a smirk of his own as he chuckled, then turning to me. “You gonna be alright alone, Midgey?”

While I was trying to ignore the fact that I was thoroughly repulsed by the thought of my dad setting foot near a strip club, the only thing I could really pay attention to was the way Zacky was still smirking at me.

He knew he was bothering me, and it irritated me more than anything.

“I’m sure I can cope without the company of desperate, unmarried men.” I harshly said, staring right at Zacky, just like he’d been staring at me. “Thanks.”

“Hey, Midge? Just remember, if you get lonely, there are plenty of married men here for you.” Zacky chuckled.

I wanted to throw something at him. Maybe throw a few sarcastic comments of my own out there. But that was when Johnny spoke up, asking me a completely unexpected question.

“Aren’t you dating Ronnie Radke, Midge?” He questioned, tilting his head.

I blinked, not being able to think up a useful answer. “Yeah...I am...”

And I immediately didn’t know what possessed me to say that, as it wasn’t true in the slightest. I guess I was just hoping that it would provoke some kind of annoyed reaction from Zacky, but he simply smirked again.

“Careful, man.” He said to my dad. “You don’t want your grandkids having those genes.”

My dad and the rest of the guys found that especially hilarious, while Linds and Charlotte raised their eyebrows at me, probably wondering why I’d not told them about Ronnie and I.

I just needed to be careful that it didn’t get out. Ronnie seemed to have a way of finding out anything, and if he caught on to the fact that I’d claimed we were dating, that would certainly give him all the permission he needed.

“I’m going...” I suddenly announced, abruptly standing up. “I have places to be.”

“What?” My dad blinked.

I grabbed my bag. “Bye, dad.”

Midge!”

I didn’t bother to reply as I opened the gate and stepped out.

And as I turned to shut it behind me, I couldn’t help but notice one particular pair of eyes pinned on my retreating figure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 245 27
Two girls finally get a chance at living one of their dreams: touring with their favorite band. What happens when innocent intentions turn sinful? Dr...
20.9K 960 51
Dear God Series - 3 Zacky's life is a disaster zone. He's taking one hit after another and if he can't catch his breath soon he's going to suffocate...
55.4K 1.6K 57
After a rough couple of years, Andria's recently divorced father moves them from their hometown of Austin, Texas, to sunny Southern California. Altho...
418 20 9
"It was an interesting situation to be in, really. I never thought when I'd agreed to become Avenged Sevenfold's lawyer that we'd be in this position...