A New Horizon Book 3: A Froze...

By DawnfireOfSkyClan

The Clans know what they must do, they must leave everything they know behind and venture into a dangerous, u... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3

Chapter 19

627 22 3
By DawnfireOfSkyClan

The stars swirled above Honeypaw's head, shimmering brighter than she had ever seen. Honeypaw looked around, it was warm greenleaf night. She breathed in the sweet scent of the flora around her. She had missed this season, missed the warm nights and peaceful skies. Honeypaw looked around, she was in what looked like a camp. She was in a deep stone hollow with several dens around her. Where am I? Honeypaw wondered, this place was completely unfamiliar to her and yet she felt like she belonged her. It was familiar, and she felt welcomed and safe.

Honeypaw walked around this camp, she could smell the scent of prey and the sound of voices. Who's talking? Honeypaw blinked and suddenly there were cats around her. SunClan cats, living their lives as usual. Applespots and Icepetal ate from a fresh-kill pile in the back of camp. Dawnstar was sitting outside of a cave in the side of the stone walls talking with Cinderflame and Lionclaw.

Sedgepaw, Petalpaw and Dovepaw were all laughing outside a small bush den that was close to another, large den with warriors outside of it. Redclaw, Fawnheart and Briarrose were talking outside of the den while Crowfur stepped inside with Rainears. Honeypaw heard the squealing of kits and turned to see a stone den. Goldenleaf was sitting outside while Hollykit and Burnkit played with a ball of moss, Cherryleaf was inside nursing Bluekit, Windkit and Snowkit.

What is this place? It feels so wonderful. SunClan is safe and happy. A breeze ruffled Honeypaw's fur, carrying the strong scent of herbs. She turned to see another cave den, Honeypaw followed the scent and approached the den. She peered inside, it smelled strongly of herbs, remaining Honeypaw of the medicine cat den back home. There were two nests beside each other and several more across the den. She spotted a pile of moss in the corner next to a small pool of water.

"Honeypaw?" Honeypaw heard a familiar voice behind her, she jumped slightly and turned around. She saw Pebblestep standing outside of the den, looking as confused as Honeypaw felt. "I thought I was here alone."

"Is this a dream?" Honeypaw questioned, approaching her mentor. "Where are we?"

Pebblestep nodded. "This is a dream yes, but as to where we are..." She looked around. "I'm not sure."

"It feels like a safe place." Honeypaw pointed out. "And all of our Clanmates seem so happy and comfortable. It's almost like a camp, like SunClan camp."

Honeypaw heard a small gasp from Pebblestep. "Honeypaw," She breathed out. "This is our future camp! StarClan is showing us what to look for!" Joy filled Pebblestep's eyes, she ran out into the camp. "This place will be our home!"

"This is amazing." Honeypaw purred, this really did look like a wonderful place to live. She was overjoyed that this would be SunClan's home, it filled her with so much happiness and hope. "It looks so safe."

"When we wake up we need to tell Dawnstar about this, if we're having this dream I'm fairly certain that the other medicine cats will be dreaming of their own camps as well. It's our sign to finally leave."

A chilling cry filled the air, Honeypaw and Pebblestep looked up towards the stars. As they glanced up a pure white owl flew across the sky, letting out its chilling call. Honeypaw's eyes stuck to the owl, watching its glowing feathers as it slowly got out of reach into the trees. "That's the same owl." Honeypaw said under her breath. "This is our sign."

Honeypaw's eyes opened and she found herself back in the barn. She instantly found herself longing to be back in that camp. SunClan is meant to be there. As Honeypaw sat up in her nests the other medicine cats begin to rouse as well. Honeypaw locked eyes with Pebblestep, she could see the other medicine cats doing the same.

"Did you dream of your camps as well?" Pebblestep questioned.

"Oneflight and I dreamed of MoonClan's camp." Ravenheart mewed. "It was incredible, and then we saw an owl overhead."

"Blackpaw and I experienced the same thing." Skyfeather added.

"As did I." Roseheart put in. "That's our sign to leave and continue our journey, we must be getting close."

"I agree," Pebblestep stood up. "We need to speak with our leaders and let them know. Cherryleaf's kits are half a moon old, they'll be able to travel." Honeypaw stood up along with her mentor and they and the other medicine cats sought out the four leaders.

"Riverstar," Skyfeather mewed, getting the blue-gray she-cat's attention. "We need to talk," He looked at Dawnstar, Shadowstar and Timbertail. "We've all had a dream."

The leader's were instantly intrigued, they all faced the medicine cats. "What was the dream?" Shadowstar inquired.

"Each of us dreamed of our Clan's future camp. Honeypaw and I were in a stone hollow, then an owl flew over the forest." Pebblestep explained.

"Blackpaw and I were at the base of a mountain in a clearing. There was plenty of space and protection for all of AshClan and more."

"I was in a plateau, surrounded by towering trees and thick forestry." Roseheart mewed.

"And Oneflight and I were in a deep hollow, we saw each den and who they were for." Ravenheart finished. "This is our sign that it's time to continue and if we go off Skyfeather and Blackpaw's dream, we need to head towards the mountains."

"Are you okay to travel?" Timbertail questioned Shadowstar with concern in his eyes.

Ravenheart stood up and gave Shadowstar's old wound a sniff. "There's no sign of infection and it's healing well. Shadowstar will be able to travel."

"As will Cherryleaf and her kits," Pebblestep added. "They'll need to be carried but we can handle that. We should leave today."

"Very well," Dawnstar dipped her head. "That sounds like a good plan to me, gather up the herbs you all have and prepare to travel with them in case sickness sets in again. I hope we will see the end of our journey very soon."

"We will call a meeting and tell the rest of the Clans that it's finally time to go." Riverstar stood up. "We should hurry."

While the leader's told the Clan cats it was time to leave the medicine cats gathered up their herbs, wrapping them in large leaf bundles. They had plenty of catmint and travelling herbs for the kits and elders. Once they had everything gathered, Honeypaw gave some strength herbs to Cherryleaf, Hollykit, Burnkit and Snakewhisker who still had a small cough. Once every cat that needed herbs had them, it was time to go.

"Before we leave," Riverstar called out, stopping the Clans. "There's something I wish to do." Her blue eyes rested on the rogue Primrose who sood shy in the back of the barn. "Primrose, you've stayed with us for half a moon now. You've helped hunt and protect all of the Clans and I want to know if you would like to join the ranks of AshClan."

"What?" Primrose's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped. "You really want me to join AshClan?"

Riverstar nodded. "I told you that the day I met you I sensed something in you, and I wish to have you in my Clan. You will be a wonderful addition to AshClan. If you wish to join us then you will continue this journey with us and find our new home with us. So, what's your answer?"

Primrose hesitated for just a moment. "I-" She took a deep breath, steadying her voice. "I would love to. I have nowhere else to go and joining AshClan would give me a home and cats who will look out for me."

Riverstar purred, her blue eyes elated. "You're young, not much older than Dustpaw and his siblings so you will be made an apprentice. "Primrose, from this day forward until you have earned your warrior name you will be known as Primrosepaw. Haresong is a kind and compassionate she-cat who recently lost her son. She came to me directly and told me that she wanted to mentor you. I have great faith that Haresong will be a wonderful mentor to you."

Haresong stepped forward to face Primrosepaw, they touched noses and shared a caring gaze. "Primrosepaw! Primrosepaw!" The Clans cheered for the new AshClan apprentice, Honeypaw felt a surge of happiness. Primrosepaw had been the only cat to show her kindness while she had been trapped and terrified in Hornet's camp and she lost both of her parents. She's kind and she has the heart of a warrior, I can tell.

Primrosepaw was welcomed by her new Clanmates and the Clan's finally prepared to leave. Honeypaw realized that Primrosepaw was the second rogue to join the Clans in such a short amount of time. Flashtail had joined SunClan right before they left and he already felt like a true Clanborn warrior.

"Are we ready?" Shadowstar called out to the Clans. Murmurs of agreement spread throughout the cats and they stepped out of the barn into the chilly morning air. There was a familiar cry above her head in the sky. Honeypaw looked up as the white owl soared across the skies, heading directly towards the mountains. That owl is guiding us home. Honeypaw breathed out, feeling warmed by the thought of home. I can't wait to get there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 467 26
The choices of the brave, and the mistakes of the frightened will shape the forest with unsteady paws and claws that rain blood Peace has formed betw...
12.4K 644 34
"When the blood covers the moon, peace will drown in the ashes of war." The traveling cats have returned to the mountains with an entire new Clan, St...
16.1K 658 31
An Impossible Task... The travelling cats have been given their task, and it seems impossible. Owlpaw faces the challenge of convincing Sheer Mountai...
494 25 23
Bassed of the Warriors Series 'Shining light, shadow of night, windy days, and cold water will come together to stop the danger of the forest.' That...