๐——๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—–๐—ข ๐—œ๐—ก๐—™๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ก๐—ข

By GEMOLOGIES

It was like everything was going in slow motion, once the sound of gunshots were off into the air of the Mr.J... More

CAST
SOUNDTRACK
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
A/N
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24
25.
26.
27.
28.
Epilogue.
How About A Snippet?
The Beginning Of Inferno
INFERNO
ONE.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Nineteen part two.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
DALVIN & K-CI
Twenty Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty.
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty Three
QUESTIONS?
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty- Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty Three.
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four.
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
20k.
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy.
Seventy One.
Seventy Two.
Part Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Epilogue.

4

1.1K 91 44
By GEMOLOGIES

CHAPTER FOUR
"WHILE MEETING NEW PEOPLE, ONE GAINS AN ACQUAINTANCE." 
JUNE 10TH 1990

⸱៰ ͘ ࣭⸰ JACKIE STANSFIELD ͘

Jackie settles her Mother's pearls around her neck. Smiling at her finally finished Sunday's church outfit.

Jackie was an active church member at Pastor DeGrate's Church that was just around the corner.Her & Romeo attended every Sunday they could and today she would be introducing her little sister to the rest of the church that would ask questions about her disappearance. It came across like everyone caught sight of the missing person from their family for a few years and it irritated Jackie to have to clarify to them that the gossips were false.

"You better be lucky I love you." Janine mutters as Jackie looks at her dress grinning at the view she was seeing. Jackie persuaded her sister last night when she got home and now she wasn't regretting it at all.

Janine spun in the mirror to the skin-tight midnight blue dress that Jackie had and had personally curled her hair herself.

"Uh huh girl. Love you too." Jackie kissed her sister's cheek and slid her, her mother's necklace. Janine's eyes widened to the sight of the name Jennifer nameplate. She hadn't seen it for twelve years now and just seeing the name brung a slight burn in her chest.

"You...giving me this to wear?" Janine looks down to her short sister who was smiling cheek to cheek. Jackie had walked behind her and fastened the necklace on before she looked around her sister's arm to see it in the mirror.

Janine's smile got wider every glimpse that she took at the significant necklace around her neck. She honestly wanted to cry but knew it was the wrong time for it.

"Look y'all taking 3 months and a day. Hurry up. These pants is in my ass." Johnathan shifts his tight navy blue slacks around earning an erratic giggle from his younger sister.

"Nigga...you look like if you think too hard , you gonna' buss out of them." Jackie jokes making Janine sit down on the bed to regain her breathing.

"It's not that funny , y'all both look like creatures.C'mon little J's . Where Homie-O at?" Johnathan questions while Jackie grabs her keys to lock up the house behind them.

"Probably picking up his Mother.So come on and let's not be late." Jackie grabs her purse and the two walk down the hallway and out the door.

•••

As the three Stansfield's walks up the myriad of steps, along with other people in the community. Jackie turns to the left to see her brother while on the right stood a quiet Janine. A smile emerged on her lips, proud to be able to have both of her siblings in the same vicinity.

"Imma' go use the ladies room." Janine mutters nervously toward her sister. Janine turns to the left, reaching the restrooms while Johnathan & Jackie walk silently to their normal seats.

"Jackie you look beautiful every time I see you." Mrs.DeGrate compliments, walking up to Jackie glowing for dear life. Jackie put her purse down on the first pew and engages into the hug.

Mrs.DeGrate was the First Lady of the Church but also a Minister and when she first arrived in Hidden Valley with her husband and three boys, Jackie & her Mother made them feel welcomed into North Carolina with open arms. So when She finally passed it hurt Mary to the core but she still remained in touch with Jackie as much as she could. Mostly a second Mother to the two.

"Thank you Mrs.D , I try." Jackie replies grinning while Mrs.DeGrate pinches Johnathan's cheeks reaping a menacing snicker from Jackie.

"You growing up on me Johnathan." John-John chuckles as they began to hear a few gasps. It was like the church had grown a distinct cessation as if Jesus had fallen down into the establishment in incognito.

"I see we have a new member." Mrs.DeGrate smiles in Janine's direction who was getting immense amount of glares and hugs from people who remembered her. Jackie raises an eyebrow to all the newly found attention and begins to grab her nervous sister's hand, helping her throughout the hungry line of gossipers. Jackie could tell by her sister's standoffish manner that she wasn't comfortable with this gaze on her. And Jackie also, didn't like the gaze people had on her.

Maybe it was the mother intuitive that her mother passed onto her, maybe because she felt a duty to protect her sister from people she don't not know. Either way, anyone that stepped up to Janine today could find themselves cussed out.

"Mrs.DeGrate...this is my little sister I was telling you about. Janine. Janine this is the Pastor's wife and Momma's good friend Mrs.DeGrate." Jackie introduces with a large smile on her face.

"Isn't she a beauty, Nice to meet you. Your sister speaks so highly of you. We hug here darling." Janine chuckles and hesitates to hug the lady in return but she couldn't take her eyes off of the hazel orbs that were spewing back at her.

She was a breathtaking lady for the most part. Hair curled in light brown sponge-like ringlets that laid against the back part of her pastel pink dress with the matching hat as well. She was most certainly a fashion trendsetter for the Hidden Valley area. Jackie's eyes switch to her peripherals seeing her boyfriend and his Mother had finally made it.

"It was nice to meet you too Mrs.DeGrate.You're very pretty by the way." Janine's compliments earning a smile that lit up the sermon area.

"Thank you sweetheart, I hope after the service I get to speak to you again." Janine nods, noticing everyone beginning to take their seats.

"Took ya' long enough." Jackie mutters during the service to Romeo who was sitting by his Mother smiling. Romeo looks over to his girlfriend and chuckles at the little attitude he felt.

"All that matters, is that I'm here." He grabs her hand and kisses it as she let the blushing come intact to her face before turning to listen to the sermon.

•••

Janine sat in the mid-tempature church , with little to no common sense on how church sessions function. Janine hadn't breath in church since she was little, Aunt Merdel wasn't religious nor was her Father so reclining in a church pew was foreign to her.

Her backside aches severely as well as her back, her feet were throbbing from the black flats she had been wearing , could've been because they were a size small. She caresses her left heel to relieve them and looks back up to the choir who appeared like they had their eyes on her as well as the drummer.

She smacks her teeth quietly and rolls her eyes. The immense amount of eyes on here since she had arrived was beginning to annoy her, and that hereditary anger problem she had gained access from her father was beginning to kick in.

"Let's stand and bring this service to an end shall we?" The Pastor concludes fluently through the church, as everyone stood making Janine stretch and rapidly grab her brother's hand.

He squeezes it tightly to challenge her and Janine steps on his toe to win their battle of who was the toughest or better hitter.

"You lucky we in the Lord's house." He whispers earning a snicker from both of them. Not too silent as Jackie pops both of them for playing in the Lord's house. Janine and Johnathan put a halt to their silly competition, not wanting to go against Jackie. Jackie had always been really seriously about her religion for her letters to Janine discussed a lot of Bible verses.

Plus she had been baptized at eleven.

"Amen." Janine let's go of her brother's sweaty hand, wiping it against her dress earning a smack of the teeth from John-John.

"Is this Janine?" A woman adds glancing at Janine closely. She looked familiar but didn't forget to hug the her suddenly. Janine raises an eyebrow as a few others gather around her.

"I'm your first grade teacher Mrs.Roberts.You've grown to look just like Jennifer." Janine's smile expands largely and she shook Mrs. Roberts's hand firmly.

"Oh thank you Mrs.Roberts. It's really been a while. You look great." Janine began to hug everyone else that was harboring around her. Her eyes search through the slight crowd for her sister who she placed in front of the DeGrate's. Janine walks through the crowd leaving them to talk amongst themselves as she pushed her watching feet to step beside her sister.
She felt slightly strange still having questions being asked about where she had went. Feeling that she barely recognized these people she felt that her privacy was invaded.But that didn't stop her from smiling. She would just shake it off and move on.

"Pastor, this is my little sister Janine. Janine this is Pastor DeGrate." Janine extends her hand and shakes it firmly. Her Aunt Merdel made her work on her handshake. Even if it was a lesson for Males she mandated that Janine know how to handshake well.

"It's nice to meet you, your sister speaks of you a lot. I think you might be around the same age as my boys." He adds and turns to the males arranging the instruments and shifting things.Janine's eyes connect with drummer again who provides a polite smile. She returns her attention back to the conversation; her cheeks heat up.

"We'll see you at lunch and you'll get to meet them." He smiles again and Janine nods and turns her attention to Mrs.DeGrate who's smile was still bright and full. Janine didn't know why she was staring at the woman. Maybe because she was beautiful or because her eyes were too addicting to look at.

"The eyes getting to ya' ?" Janine was taken back but chuckles; nodding frankly. Mrs.DeGrate returns the chuckle glimpsing back at the lanky male at the Pianos.

"Wait until you see his." Janine smiles looking down enduring the three's conversation.

"I'll see you later Alright? Imma' go hang with Aaliyah." Johnathan kisses his sister's cheek grabbing his phone and walking smoothly out the church.

•••

As the two walk into The DeGrate's Residence, Jackie sat on the couch but Janine was most definitely intrigued by the pictures of the little boys and other things. She turns and examines the clean neat house with no problems. The pecan brown pigments mixed well with the bright orange.  But Janine just couldn't stop glancing at the portrait of the three boys.

"He has nice eyebrows." Janine said out loud pointing to the mocha brown-colored boy that was in the picture above the diplomas. Jackie chuckles and stands up and walking to where her sister was standing.

"That's Dalvin, thats Derek and that's Lil' Donald." Janine looks at all of them once again and quickly turns towards the door. To the Pastor and Janine was guessing it was his three sons.

"Jackayyy!" One exclaims hugging her; smiling. Jackie chuckles at the boy's actions before hugging back.

"Hey Derek." He smiles , adverting his attention to Janine who was standing here in an awkward moment. One the only boys she's ever been around was her cousin Michael and her older brother. To them she was just this girl that popped up out of nowhere. They didn't know who she was. The tall one navigates to the stairs, not forgetting to wave at Jackie.
The two glance at each other for a quick second as he turns to the stairs, leaving her to look at the patio door, showcasing the large backyard.

She almost forgot that was in the middle of the introduction.

"Who's this J?" The one with the good eyebrows asks sizing Janine up and down.

"Dalvin this is my little sister Janine, Janine this is Derek & Dalvin." She introduces as Dalvin walks up towards her with a brief smile.

"Nice to meet you, you look young." Janine looks him up and down back, crossing her arms.

"I think I'm older than you shortcake." Janine answers back; reverting to the patio door. Dalvin chuckles to her comeback , Derek shook her hand and went to change.Janine went back to staring at the doors.

"Janine you can go outside if you like." Mrs.DeGrate mentions softly, Janine eyes twinkles, and instantly pulls a huge smile on her face.

"You better not get my dress dirty." Janine turns around to her sister's sassiness and smacks her teeth.

"I wasn't Jay." She skips to the backdoor, strolling out of it. She stares down gazing at the beautiful scenery from the porch. The yard was large, a flower bed of daisies planted along the porch. The white swing that carelessly swung with the light wind. Janine steps carefully down the steps as she hisses to her feet.

They were still in pain but that was gonna stop now. She steps off the last step into the cut grass. She begins to take them off and walk gracefully further into the grass.

If only Jackie knew how much them damn shoes was fucking hurting.

She smiles as she begins to pivot her big toe into the grass, twirling around.

"Alright hippie." Janine turns and falls into the ground looking towards Dalvin who was tickled to the girl he just watched dance in the grass.

"Oh shut up, you ain't' see that." Janine retorts , taking an double take to see he had changed his clothes. He went from the button down and slacks to a UNC Tarheels jersey and a pair of shorts. He steps down to the end of the porch; leaning over the railing with a side smirk across his face.

"I seen it though." She kisses her teeth instantly placing her hands on her nonexistent hips.

Janine walks up the steps sitting down on the porch railing."So how come I've never seen you before?"

"I was staying in Virginia for awhile." She answers truthfully.

"What part?" She looks at him again wondering when the interrogation started but decided to leave it alone. Since she didn't have any friends she didn't have to answer so many questions.But supposing that she got a second chance in North Carolina, she'd give this "making friends" thing a shot.

"Virginia Beach."

Virginia Beach Penitentiary while ya' bullshitting...

"Well we're from Hampton. If that makes you feel better." He shrugs and Janine shook her head chuckling.

"I've never been there. Didn't get too do much traveling." Janine watches him dribble the basketball he had in his hands not hesitating to throw it to Janine. Luckily she caught it without hesitation.

"Tryna' kill me?" Janine's southern accent escapes her lips earning Dalvin erupt with laughter.

"I'm sorry, that was too funny. But honestly... you caught the ball better than Donald's uncoordinated ass." Janine smirks trying not to laugh at Dalvin's joke but soon failed.

Janine dribbled the ball a little and chose to show off, She shifted her left leg to the side and began to pass it through her legs. Earning a surprised look from Dalvin. Maybe he misread Janine after all.

"In a dress? Did you just dribble through the leg with a dress on?" The sliding doors open and Mrs.DeGrate's head popped out.

"Lunch is ready." She announces, leaving the two to close their verbal exchange.

The table had many discussions. Derek & Pastor DeGrate , Mrs.DeGrate & Jackie and Dalvin & Janine who were getting acquainted. Mrs.DeGrate looks at the empty seat and looks to the person next to it , Janine.

"Umm..I'm sorry if this is a burden do you think you could go up the stairs and go to the first door on the right and ask Donald to come eat?" Mrs.DeGrate looks right at Janine who's mouth was stuffed with a peice of ham.

She nods instantly , settling her peice of ham on her plate and straightens her dress. She turns to the table who were already back to a new conversation. As Janine raises an eyebrow.

Why would she send me to get him when her sons were right there?

"You gonna fuck up the story Janine!" Janine hears Jackie whisper yell and she nods, walking up the steps carefully as she clears her throat.

He didn't seem to be in the best mood when he walked through the door. A part of her was dreading to knock on this door. She let's out a quick breath and lifts her hand to the door, knocking softly, and continues to stand there looking the least bit awkward. What exactly was she gonna say to "Donald" when he opened this door? What if he snuck out the window while no one was looking and she was standing there to be standing there?

Silence...

She knocks again, as the door begins to drift away from her fist. Her eyes travel up his elevated fame and up to his gleaming eyes. His plump lips relaxed in an unamused glare, nonetheless he was cute. Extremely damn cute to have this miserable scowl written across his face.

"The bathroom is right there." His deep voice rattles her soul, tensing her skin up as she raises an eyebrow. She opens her mouth as the door closes in her face.

I know he didn't...

Janine scoffs and starts to knock again, annoyed. She had a plate waiting on her and he was not making this any easier. The door was swung open and Janine's eyebrow raises again to his scowl. The hostility was settling between two.

"Before you get all stank' your Mother wanted me to come tell you that it was time to eat. Nice posters by the way." Janine grabs the knob, closing the door strongly and walks down the stairs, exchanging a nice smile.

"He'll be down soon." Janine smiles taking her seat back beside Dalvin as she looks at her plate once again.

Something's missing?

She shrugs and looks to Dalvin who was glaring a whole into the side of her face.

"So what you do for fun Janine?" Dalvin asks while the table went into different conversations again.

"Nothing, I've only been here for 2 days in a half. I still gotta' make my way around the town." Janine answers, surrendering into her plate again.

"You should hang out with me and my friends. We're going to Mr.Johnson's place tomorrow night , maybe you want to go to?" He questions and Janine's eyes shift to her sister who was smirking. Janine turns to Dalvin before smiling.

"Alright I'll go , it's because you asking tho." She points a finger with a tiny smile hearing footsteps nearing her, Her peripherals catching the rude gentleman sit in empty seat beside her. The air rushes beside her inhaling the great aroma of his cologne, she shudders and turns her attention back to her plate.

" It's just a roller rink. It's not as bad as you think." Dalvin shrugs going back to eating. She nods before swiping a peice of hair behind her ear. Janine notices the frown that Donald was giving her. Her heart thuds with anxiety, nervous to confront it, particularly in front of his parents that were nice enough to nourish her and greet her with open arms.

He assumably was just wondering why this outsider was sitting at his dinner table , or why he'd never seen her before.

Janine & Dalvin and Derek tosses the basketball back and forth in the backyard for the time being. The lunch was good enough for her, besides the side interactions she had dealt with from Donald. She had never had to deal with a guy stare at her like she had done something to him.

"So how old are you?" Derek questions flinging the ball back at Dalvin.

"I'm 19." Dalvin raises an eyebrow, pouting in a silly manner and throwing the ball to Janine. She chuckles at his body expressions reckoning she was older than him and throwing it to Derek.

"I'm 17, and Derek is 18." He catches the ball and throws it to Janine who was staring at the patio door to Donald staring at the three.  The two share one glance at each other and she returns her attention , and snags it just in time.

"He does know he can just come out here right?" Janine questions, throwing the ball to Derek. Derek looks up to the window gradually before throwing it to Dalvin.

"Donald ain't good with sports, he's good enough to stay in when the basketball comes out." Derek jokes bringing Dalvin to laugh. Janine's lips shift to the side, peeking back up to the door that he left. She shook off the impression, her sister steps out the door just in time.

"You ready to go?" Janine looks the two and shrugs. Janine said her byes to the two brothers before reminding Dalvin that she would see him tomorrow night.

Grabbing her flats, she walks up the stairs and into the house saying bye to the Pastor as well as Mrs.DeGrate. She decides not to say anything towards Donald who was looking at the TV.

"Bye Donald." Jackie waves as he nods but Janine had already walked out the house.

"So how did you like The DeGrate's ?" She looks at her older sister but all she could hear was Derek & Dalvin's jokes. This was her first having friends since the penitentiary where she only had two.She found herself chuckling at Derek & Dalvin's jokes outside.

"Derek & Dalvin are cool. The other one...eh." She shrugs kicking a pebble and Jackie shook her head.

"I knew you two wouldn't hit it off." Jackie snorts putting her hands into her jacket pocket. Janine didn't get the joke but she decided to leave it alone. Did Jackie sense something she didn't? Janine couldn't hit it off with someone that never talked.

"Not my fault, Dalvin & Derek were open to conversation. Donald wasn't around enough for me to make conversation." Janine explains herself and Jackie nods agreeing.

"Yeah he'll come around." She pats her sister's back before the two kept walking down the block.

But Janine's only had Dalvin & The Roller Rink captivated her mind. Only hoped good things came out of this hangout.

WORDS:3745
YALL USUALLY NEVER LET DEREK STAY IN THE BOOK AS LONG SO I DECIDED TO KEEP HIM AROUND.SECONDLY I DONT KNOW IF I WANT TO KEEP THIRD PERSON OR GO TO POV'S SO I MIGHT SWITCH IT SOMETIMES.

DONALD & JANINE ?

DALVIN & JANINE?

JOHNATHAN ?

DEREK?

THE JENNIFER NECKLACE?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

639K 39.1K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 44.6K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
873K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...