Grimm Fantasies: The Woodsman

By TheSkyeWolf

Long ago legends tell of a tale in which the sun fell in love with the moon; but his love was for not. For wh... More

Crisis
Incompetent
Misfits
Civilized
Territory
Quicksilver
Date
Safe
Angel
Lost
Wrath
Lithium
Blue
History
Mate(s)?
Pain
Façade
Intruder
Interrogations
Whispers
Friend
Kindred
Feral
Inspire
Confusion
Revelations
Rampage!
Suicide
Tragedy
Wings
Sick
Death
Plague
Love

Lore

2.2K 44 8
By TheSkyeWolf

You don't need to read this if you don't want to, just skip this chapter completely if you want to get to the story.
However before we get into the story think about skimming through this so you're not confused on some things that are going to be brought up in The Woodsman, because pack dynamics are going to have a role in this and I don't want anyone to be confused with some foreign terminology.

~~~~

Werewolf Lore

Pelt color usually doesn’t mean anything when the intellectual mind is at work and in control. However the wolf’s core personality and outlook on themselves influences the color greatly. This is because the wolves that are attracted to the person look to bond with likeminded souls. On occasion Bitten wolves pelt color can change because they technically aren’t bound to their wolf counterpart and are susceptible to their bond shifting when a wolf either doesn’t like their paired bond or aren’t strong enough to keep up with their human counterpart.

Black- Born leaders, completely dominant and easily offended, they tend to be quiet and observant and are usually the larger in packs. They tend to take on dangerous dares and do things to prove their dominants. Female black pelts tend to be more vicious and more eager to show their dominance. If they do not have a high rank in packs they tend to break off and become Lone wolves. However being natural leaders they tend to gather other loners.

Dark Brown- Fiercely loyal and usually becomes dominate but will usually never hold a full title. They tend to be large and are excellent fighters. Alphas will tend to hold them in pride but it is not often they will take them as Betas. If they do become Betas they are beyond loyal. If they become Alphas they tend to run the pack like a family loosening the usually very strict bonds between the pack and Omegas will be less in numbers and the pack is more laid back but they are easily taken over by other packs. 

Grey- Much like the white wolf they are submissive and tend to become Omegas or subordinates. They have black wolf traits such as being easily offended but since they are submissive they will more than likely do nothing about it. If they become Rouge they will always become Feral. It doesn’t matter if they chose to leave or not, if they do not have a pack for protection they seem to always crake under the pressure, which is why they are never Alphas nor Betas

Light Brown- They tend to be very out spoken and wild, either become subordinate or dominate depending on sex and personality. They tend to be rebellious much like the red wolves. They will most likely never become Alpha, more so than dark brown wolves. If they are not in leading roles in their pack or group they will on occasion test there Alpha. They tend to like it alone and become lone wolves.

Orange- Independent though usually mistaken for red pelts and normally they do act rebellious but they aren’t as temperamental and aren’t the wild fire cracker that red pelts are. Orange pelts are fiercely loyal and will protect their loved ones with their life without even thinking twice. Orange pelts are more common closer to the equator belt. Orange pelts are easily distingushed from a red pelt because they are ONLY female.

Red- Have a bad tempers and are easily pissed off or is rebellious tends to become a Betas in packs because the Alpha’s want to prove they can control them and love to be challenged by their Beta. The chances that they become Rouge are very rare but them choosing to be a Lone wolf is quite often. If they become Alphas they tend to destroy the pack or send them into war with other packs because they tend to over step their need to prove they are the Alpha. They are ONLY male, basically the other half of orange pelts.

Silver- Submissive but will not be ordered around by anyone but people they greatly respect. Tends to be rare in born werewolves due to parents being too ashamed and are killed after birth. If on the off chance they live to adulthood they become very independent and will usually be Lone wolves. But if they are found in packs there is a chance they become Omegas or Betas depending one sex and personality. Silver pelts human form is blond hair and blue eyes no exception or they are considered grey pelts.

White- Submissive, quiet and always tiny in size, they tend to be courted very easily but rarely. Often cast aside white wolves are usually forced to become easily manipulated Omegas or murderous Rouges that have permanently fallen into their feral state. These wolves are often killed and their pelts taken for prizes by hunters whom don’t understand pack dynamic and murderous wolves who hunt their own for game.

~~~~

Known werewolf packs in the regions

The Great Lake Region

Electric Rain: Long standing roots momentarily dead after Rough wolves attacked. Have close ties with humans and are regularly spotted in town.

North Winds: Nomadic pack who had recently settled in the area after Electric Rain vanished from the power hold. Have a stronger pack holding then Electric Rain and have gone to war with them on a few occasions though have held their ground and are standing strong.

Rouge Holdings: Rouges are common in the area and hold a gang outpost in the city, (Were meant to be mentioned in the first book but never got around to it)

Alaska

Canis Rufus: Being a group of loners who’ve banded together they’ve come to settle in Gold Rust’s territory looking for protection and have been in partnership with them for many years now. They are mainly red pelts and so their name.

Gold Rust: A Settled pack that is formally known as the wolves of Juneau since their den is located in the city; however their pack territory is far stretching and is considered to encompass the entirety of Alaska. They on occasion take in smaller packs and offer protection under the agreement that they will leave if asked to and won’t cause any trouble.

Misfit: A small nomadic pack with ties to the Light Fairy Court. Being so small the others packs aren’t too worried however they do pose a bit of the threat with the Light Court ties and the other packs are weary.

Wayfarer: Being a pack settled in the Gold Rust territory they are small and followed a leader rather than Alpha, the main difference is there is no beta or omegas. The name of the pack comes from the last name of the leader Joshua Wayfarer. They are only ten strong but are not to be messed with.

Rouge Holdings: The presence of roughs is nonexistence due to the Gold Rust Pack keeping such a tight reign over the land.

 ~~~~

Wolf Heritage and Traditions

Alpha Ceremonies: Pack life is sometimes chaotic and when a pack member does not believe their Alpha is doing a good enough job or the Alpha is getting old a younger wolf can challenge the Alpha to a duel to try and win the spot as leader of the pack. On occasion an Alpha will stand down and multiple wolves will fight each other during this ceremony to earn the title of Alpha.

Full Moons: Full moons bring a time of renewal and usually a time of joy, celebrations and even old ritual traditions such as Alpha Ceremonies and New Wolf. The Full moon brings out the wolf’s full power and most packs take this night to celebrate and romp in the wilderness to praise their goddess and saviors.

Hunting Season: Hunting season can be dated back to the colonization of the Americas, mainly because the Hunting Season is native to the Americas. January third is the start and January twenty third is the end. The Hunting Season is a time when werewolf hunters have free range and will enter pack territories as they wish. This time of year usually includes all treaties null and void in that time period. This makes for a dangerous time for loners, roughs and small packs. The Hunting Season is thought to be necessary to help weed out the weak wolves that have been straggling on. Most wolves accept and tolerate the Hunting Season, toughs that don’t often go out and hunt down any hunters they can find and kill them without prejudice.

Merges: Packs merge a lot like kingdom mergers. Royalty marrying royalty; however it’s a bit different. Packs tend to only merge when a very small pack needs the protection. Not many large packs will merge with other large packs, however treaties can be made and alliances can be forms but two Alphas will always be presences during the treaties and alliances.

New Moons: During the New Moon is a time of mourning, this is a time when Wolf kind will be mourning passings, losses as well as beginnings. During the full moon wolf Packs will most likely be found in grave yards or in their dens reminiscing.

 New Wolf: New Wolf Ceremonies are when Bitten wolves meet their wolf for the first time and find out what pelt color they have. This ceremony can only take place during the full moon because that is when the bitten person meets their wolf.

Quicksilver: Quicksilver can also be used to describe killing a wolf. The term is commonly used when a pack kill roughs for fun. They’ll go on a Quicksilver hunt. The term is also used when Alpha’s threatened to kill disobedient wolves in their ranks or on their land. More often than not though it’s a term used when rouges are being killed.

Rough Ceremonies: Roughs are wolves that have been deemed too weak, a nescience or a danger to the pack. When this happens a Rough Ceremony is held where the accused wolf can either leave willingly and be labeled as a loner. If they don’t want to leave they will be branded as a rough. When this happens a silver knife is used to cut down the spine where a silver powder is poured into the wound to permanently mark them with the scent of silver and be mark as an outcast. Most of the time Roughs will join together and form packs, though they are usually driven out when they try to settle permanent settlements.

Skinning: A term used to describe the expulsion of the wolf soul from the human body. Only bitten wolves can be skinned without being turned into a drooling mad man. However they aren’t ever the same after that. The processed is silver straight to the heart on a New Moon.

~~~~

If you have any questions or something doesn't make a lot of sense leave a comment and I'll try to explain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 255 39
Tsk-tsk. Alex Hayes lets her anger get the best of her one horrible day. An abusive father takes role in beating his child senseless everyday for two...
4.4K 280 49
No one expected the Sky Fall, the rapid disappearance of the stars before they crashed into Earth, rendering it useless. No one expected humanity to...
104K 3.1K 30
Iris and her friends ran away from there abusive pack. They have been running from there pack for years now but the pack is always one step behind th...
7.3K 329 12
# 2nd Place Scarlet Awards Nico & Nox ------------------------------ Nico was orphaned at a young age and raised by a few people who showed more kind...