Benefits

By Mareejacks

Out of everyone she chooses him. Out of everyone he chooses her. *** Dawn and Jake despise each other, but th... More

Disclaimer
Prolouge
Ch. 1: Afraid
Ch. 2: My Only Friend
Ch. 3: Everybody's Watching Me
Ch. 4: Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time
Ch. 5: Undiscovered
Ch. 6: Cry Baby
Ch. 7: Sting
Ch. 8: Bad Liar
Ch. 9: Close
Ch. 10: Idfc
Ch. 11: How To Save A Life
Ch. 12: Something About You
Ch. 13: Never Be Like You
Ch. 14: Out of My League
Ch 15: Blue Jeans
Ch. 16: Closer
Ch. 17: Hide Away
Ch. 18: Fall In Love
Ch. 19: Do I Wanna Know
Ch. 20: Dressed In Black
Ch. 21: Hard To Explain
Ch.22: Pillowtalk
Ch. 23: Mr. Brightside
Ch. 24: The End Of All Things
Ch. 25: Often
Ch. 26: Take It Off
Ch. 27: Make Me Like You
Ch. 28: Heavy Dirty Soul
Ch. 29: Leave A Trace
Ch. 30: All Time Low
Ch. 31: Everything Will Be Alright
Ch. 32: False Alarm
Ch. 33: We Don't Talk Anymore
Ch. 34: Attention
Ch. 35: Madness
Ch. 36: Change Your Mind
Ch 37: Fix You
Ch. 38: Single
Ch. 39: Powerful
Ch. 40: Perfect Situation
Ch. 41: You've Got the Love
Ch. 42: Trouble
Ch. 43: All I Know
Ch. 44: Andy, You're A Star
Ch. 45: Daddy Issues
Ch. 46: I Can't Even
Ch. 47: Crazy In Love
Ch. 48: Love
Ch. 49: Mercy
Ch. 50: When You Were Young
Ch. 51: Ivy
Ch. 52: Come Out and Play
Ch. 53: Stay Together for the Kids
Ch. 54: Sign of the Times
Ch. 55: Drunk In Love
Ch. 56: Unforgettable
Ch. 57: The Resistance
Ch. 58: Time Is Running Out
Ch. 59: Family Portrait
ANNOCEMENT IMPORTANT!!
Ch. 60: Noise
Ch. 61: Wires
Ch. 62: Where is My Mind?
Rules of The Underground
Ch. 64: Hurt
Ch. 65: This Is War
Ch. 66: Sweet Creature
Ch. 67: Female Robbery
Ch. 68: Loyalty
Ch. 69: Self Control
Ch.70: Uprising
Ch. 71: Death on Two Legs
Ch. 72: Anything Can Happen
Ch. 73: Love of My Life
Ch. 74: Like I'm Gonna Lose You
Ch. 75: Pink Matter
Ch. 76: Nervous
Ch. 77: I Hate You, I Love You
Ch. 78: Love Me Harder
Ch. 79: Too Serious
Ch. 80: The Scientist
Ch. 81: Yours
Ch. 82: The Good, The Bad, and The Dirty
Ch. 83: Element
Ch. 84: Issues
Ch. 85: Used To Love You
Ch. 86: Meet Me In the Hallway
Ch. 87: From The Dining Table
Ch. 88: Call Out My Name
Ch. 89: Mirrors
Ch. 90: Kiss Me
Ch. 91: Oh, Ms. Believer
Ch. 92: Bury A Friend
Ch. 93: Only Angel
Ch. 94: Anna Sun
Ch. 95: Turning Page
Ch. 96: Tongue Tied
Ch. 97: Stay
Ch. 98: My Tears are Becoming a Sea
Ch. 99: The Kill
Ch. 100: How It Ends
SPECIAL ANNOCEMENT

Ch.63: With or Without You

14.3K 351 213
By Mareejacks

With or Without- U2

"See the stone set in your eyes. See the thorn twist in your side. I'll wait for you. Sleight of hand and twist of fate. On a bed of nails she makes me wait. And I wait, without you."

-

Jake P.O.V.

Once Dawn leaves the room, I begin to recollect my thoughts on what has happened in the last 24 hours. So much shit has happened, that it's even hard for me to stay calm, but I have to stay strong for her. I may be in a lot of physical pain, but lord knows what's going on within her.

Why didn't she not want to go home? What happened? Is her mother still with that guy? Because that would be fucked up. I understand her anger towards her mother, but she must let go of the hate and move on. There's only so much pent up anger that can be in someone's body. I'm the one to speak though..

I was incredibly mad at Alice, but how can I stay mad when all she's down is for me and Dawn. She saved us, and for that I enterally owe her in many debts. If only I wasn't in this much of bad shape, I would be by her side protecting her for what's to come. Ledger doesn't forgive, and when he comes back from the police station; he will seek her out. Which means I need to be in tip top shape if I am to protect her and Dawn. Especially Dawn.

He almost did it. He almost did the unthinkable, and if those alarms didn't go off, I'd probably kill myself because of the regret and guilt, but then I wouldn't want her to be alone. She doesn't like to admit it, but I know she has severe depression; it's been built upon her father and mother's mistakes. Especially her father. His abuse may not have left any permanent marks on her body, aside from that scar on her stomach that I don't think she thinks I see- and of course her stables in her head... but this man has left a bruise on her heart. She should be able to trust him. Her dad, but instead she's left with fear.

Anger builds inside me, and if he ever lays a finger on her again, I will not hesitant to beat the living shit out him. Let's make him see how it feels to be broken.

How can he say that I didn't truly love her, he doesn't know shit about me!

"You okay there?" I turn to the side to see Jesse.

"I'm fine." I grumble.

"Are you sure, your scowl doesn't help." He points to my eyes.

I relax my face; if only my glasses weren't shattered on the floors of the Underground. My eyes began hearting as soon as we left that place, but I'm been trying to rest my eyes as much as I can. The lights strain them, and I haven't been without my glasses more than five minutes... unless I was with Dawn.

"Um.. Ree and Dawn are talking in the other room." He walks closer to the bed.

"Who the fuck is Ree?"

"Reese. I mean. I.. I call Ree." His voice becoming more confident in the end.

I nod in understanding. So the plan did work.

"She asked if I can help with the wounds. I know a thing or two- considering I hope to study medical science in the future." He tries to smile, but I don't smile back. I don't know the guy, and I don't care to know him. I don't care for friends, aside from Dawn and Alice. Though Alice is my cousin.. so she doesn't count and Dawn is my love.. so I guess she doesn't count either entirely. Casper was my friend... still is, but it's kind of hard when Alice and him are no longer together.

"Okay." Is all I say.

"Do you think you can flip over?" Jesse requests, as he pulls the stool from a desk that's in the room.

I roll my eyes, but I do as I'm told.

"Yikes." I hear the boy yelp. "Are you sure you didn't get tortured, doesn't just seem like you got jumped."

I don't answer him, but relax my eyes on the towel is covered on the pillow.

His hands are rough, as I feel him try to attempt to clean my wounds. This is the worse I've felt in ages, and I try to contain my pain, but I let out a sharp yell.

"Sorry." He mumbles. I feel myself get lightheaded. "I don't know if this will work." He whispers to himself.

It better.

After what feels like forever, but it's actually probably 20 minutes, he stands from his stool. "This is too bad, we have to take you to the hospital."

"Fuck no." I groan out. My eyes cracking from my rest.

"I'll go get Daw-"

I grasp his arm, and pull him with much strength. "No!"

If I were not so damaged, he wouldn't be able to move, but with some struggle he tumbles back. "Just trying to save your life, dude." He glares at me and heads out the door.

Fuck.

Dawn P.O.V.

What?" I ask Jesse.

"Some of his gashes that are on his back won't stop bleeding, and I'm pretty sure there all infected. There's inflammation around each cut, and it's growing this green guck." He makes a gross face.

I immediately leave the room to Jake. His eyes are closed. He looks almost peaceful except that his gashes on his back are still bleeding through the bandages that Jesse put on him I assume.

"We need to go to the hospital." I know he's awake.

His eyes open in a glare. "No." He grumbles.

"Yes." I step to him. Both of my hands to his one that's hanging off the bed.

"That cost money for starters, and the hospital will ask question." My stubborn boyfriend says.

I let go of his hand in rage. "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, JAKE!" I scream at him. "I REALLY CAN GIVE A FUCK LESS. LOOK AT YOU! YOU ARE A WALKING CORSPE, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BLEED OUT OR DIE OF AN INFECTION, IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT SEEN, NONE OF US ARE FUCKING DOCTORS!!!!" My blurt has caused me immediate tears. I'm losing my mind each second.

He looks concerned, his eyes widen at my blurt out. He's never seen me this manic, but this day has caused me this outcome. "Dawn-"

"NO! YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING DOCTORS! I CANNOT BE WITHOUT YOU!" I cry.

"Okay, okay." He finally answers.

That was easy.

"Jesse can you help him to my car." Jesse moves from the door. He looks scared from my outburst, but I could care less.

"There's no way in hell you're capable to drive. Jesse can drive us all." Reese speaks out. I don't have any energy to argue back anymore.

Jesse doesn't say anything this time to argue. I must of really frightened him.

"One condition." Jake says, as Jesse helps him to his feet. "We go to St. Barnes hospital."

"Why specifically that one." Reese asks for me.

"I know a guy. He isn't going to be so happy to see me."

I don't say ask him anything; mostly because I feel I will break further than I already am.

I try to come next to Jake to help Jesse with leaning on him, but Reese takes my arm. "Do you want to change your clothes, you look quite uncomfortable?" I look down at my attire. I've worn this dress since Wednesday, though I took a shower last night, I know for sure this dress doesn't smell pleasant.

I nod to her. She's a bit more thicker than me, but I simply don't care. I just want to feel more comfortable. She grasps my hand and pulls me into the nearest bathroom. She comes backs seconds later with black sweatpants and a sweatshirt. "Thank you." I croak out. She smiles to me, and heads out to help Jesse and Jake down the stairs.

I use the restroom as I've been needing to since I confessed everything to Reese. I've just been so off edge, I hadn't notice how bad I needed to go. I wash my hands, and begin to take off my clothes. I'm left in my father's marks across my body, some being from Jake and mines love making, to which a smile at. The rest being thrown around at the Underground. My right cheek is flamed pink from the harsh slap from JC. My knees are cut up from the gravel, and they are now scabbed up and bruised. My neck is also completely bruised with hand prints from my father and Ledger. I can't look at myself any longer, and I begin to start putting on my clothes that Reese gave to me. I step out to see shoes and socks laying right outside the door. Reese and I are the same size luckily.

I slip on the adidas and rush out the door. Reese waits there for me, and she locks up the house. I step in the back seat of the car, while Reese sits next to Jesse. She slips her arm through his, and rest her head on his arm. She must be scared of everything that I've told her in the past 30 minutes, but she's keeping a brave face. I know I wouldn't. Jake lays back in his seat, his eyes closed because of the light. I lean into him, and his arm wraps around my waist.

"I'm sorry for yelling." I apologize, as we start on our way to the hospital.

"Don't worry, I deserved it." He answers smugly.

"You always do." I lightly tease.

I want to ask him about why Ledger went to jail, but I don't think it's the time nor the place with the other two in the car. Though Reese knows about the matter, she doesn't know the extent of it all, and I don't know Jesse well enough. Even though he doesn't seem to be paying too much except the navigation.

"Why are we going to this hospital again?" I look up to his closed eyes.

"To visit an old friend." He answers cryptically.

We're there in 20 minutes. And once we reach the destination my observation is it's just a random hospital. Very small compared to others. It's almost personal in a sense.

We get up to the front desk in no time with Jesse and I helping Jake with walking. "Sorry with the blood on your seats." I apologize to Jesse.

"A little bleach won't kill me."

"What the fuck?" The hospital's secretary whispers to herself as she sees Jake's broken body. You would think she's seen worse working at a hospital.

"Martinez." Jake tells her. "Where is he?"

"Dr. Martinez is with a patient. You can take a seat and we can accommodate you in a-"

"No. Page Martinez now. Tell him Dennings is here." Jake barks at her.

"Sir-"

"Now!" His voice growing louder.

"Sir-"

"What's going on, Linda?" A man in a white lab coat approach us, only looking at Linda, the lady that was "helping" us.

Jake opens his eyes fully as they were squinted before. "Sorry, Jose. I know you told me to never come back for help, but as you can tell... I fucked up."

This is Dr. Martinez, and I know this based solely on his name tag. The doctor looks back to us, his eyes registering to Jake. "Dennings, I told you not to come back here with this shit. I'm out of the game."

"Doctor, what's going on?" Linda asks.

He ignores her.

"I'm not here for a fight." Jake unbuckles his arms from Jesse and I. I try to reach out for him again, but he pulls forward. His legs are like jello, but he turns around to show his gashes that are bleeding through from the bandages. "I broke rules." He turns back around to him.

The next thing I see is Jake tumbling down, to only be caught by Dr. Martinez. "Damn you, Jake." He mumbles. "Linda, I need a room for this new patient."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 2.3K 35
[Complete] Louis is a drama major starting his sophomore year in college. A bunch of stupid dares from his friends aren't supposed to turn his entire...
1.3K 126 18
Hi this is my first Fanfiction This story might start bad but i promise it gets a lot better :)) __________________________ This story is abou...
39.2K 886 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
3.1K 222 33
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...