Falling for my boss ✔️

By Saaraaaxy

bubbly person A x stern person B ship 10k on 13/7/2019!! ♡♡♡ Sara Atkins just wants to start anew. No Noah an... More

Prologue - The Interview
The cast
Chapter 1 - Meeting the boss
Chapter 2 - Advances
Chapter 3 - Mr. Beaumont's past
Chapter 4 - Cheating husband
Chapter 5 - Lunch with my boss
Chapter 6 - I'm attracted to you
Chapter 7 - It's never enough
Chapter 8 - The Devils
Chapter 9 - Please give me a chance
Chapter 10 - Worth it
Chapter 11 - Family's opinion
Chapter 12 - The morning after
Chapter 13 - How could you do this to me?
Chapter 14 - Heartbreak
Chapter 15 - Bleeding heart
Chapter 16 - Death anniversary
Chapter 17 - Fighting spirit
Chapter 18 - Game plan
Chapter 19 - I miss you
Chapter 20 - Forgiveness
Chapter 21 - Reunion
Chapter 22 - His ex-wife
Chapter 24 - The first date
Chapter 25 - I'm crazy for doing this
Chapter 26 - Birthday surprise
Chapter 27 - Famous couple
Chapter 28 - A falling out
Chapter 29 - Double date trouble
Chapter 30 - My little boy
Chapter 31 - Mentally damaged
Chapter 32 - Home sweet home?
Chapter 33 - Don't you dare
Chapter 34 - Stay in your lane
Chapter 35 - Our future
Chapter 36 - Revelation
Chapter 37 - Ambushed
Chapter 38 -Bienvenue à la maison!
Chapter 39 - Michael's home
Chapter 40 - Watching your every step
Chapter 41 - They know everything
Chapter 42 - A baby?
Chapter 43 - Ups and downs
Chapter 44 - Loving vacation
Chapter 45 - Opening up
Chapter 46 - Our big day
Chapter 47 - Family
Chapter 48 - Approval
Chapter 49 - I'm home!
Chapter 50 - Cuddled up
Chapter 51 - I desire you
Chapter 52 - May I ask for her hand?
Chapter 53 - The culprit
Chapter 54 - Will you ... ?
Chapter 55 - Hide!
Chapter 56 - Did you bug me?
Chapter 57 - Big events
Chapter 58 - Time to go home
Chapter 59 - Sexual discoveries
Chapter 60 - What a first day
Chapter 61 - House viewing
Chapter 62 - And here's why
Chapter 63 - Let me clear your head
Chapter 64 - Our perfect home
Chapter 65 - Let's settle this in court
Chapter 66 - First-degree attempted murder
Chapter 67 - Celebrating
Chapter 68 - Moving time
Chapter 69 - Wedding preparations
Chapter 70 - Therapy session
Chapter 71 - I deserve happiness
Chapter 72 - Darkness
Chapter 73 - Empty
Chapter 74 - Why would you do that?
Chapter 75 - Adrenaline
Chapter 76 - Coma
Chapter 77 - Slow recovery
Chapter 78 - A moment of happiness
Chapter 79 - Soon married
Epilogue - The wedding
Afterword
NEW BOOK
Extra chapter - The Beaumont's
Sequel is live!!!

Chapter 23 - Divorced?

3K 99 1
By Saaraaaxy

  ♡ 

"I understand", Mr Birmingham instantly interrupted me.

It was Monday 12th and I went to Mr Birmingham at my usual time. He had already expected me and called me to his office.

He smiled brightly at me. "Mr Beaumont himself visited me this morning and brought a new worker along to replace you in exchange. I understand you want to go back, this isn't yours Sara." 

"And you are really alright with it, Mr Birmingham?" 

"Yes", he patted my head. "Just remember me when you read any papers, ok?"

  ♡  

Jess and the others dragged me into the building the moment they spotted me and the three of them all spoke at the same time once I sat down on my chair.

On my desk, which had stayed the same as if I hadn't left a month ago, was a cake and several bouquets of flowers. It was a welcome back gift from the girls and Michael. The bouquet of red roses, at least 20 roses, were from him, as the card told me.

Their hugs were bone crushing, but I laughed happily. I had my friends back and I would see them everyday again; I couldn't be happier!

I carried the cake to our little kitchen, which was only for our office, and put it into the fridge so it wouldn't get too warm. Michael's sage scent met my nose and I inhaled the delicious smell deeply. I loved a good fragrance on a man. I looked back to him. "I haven't heard you come in", I told him with a smile.

Michael was almost his old self – he had gained a bit of weight and was getting slowly but surely into his old, trained form, one that had made him radiate with health unlike his skinny self which had made him look sick, and I was so glad about it. I didn't care about his muscles, I was weak to them, but they weren't the key part of him, I cared for his health. And his old self had been healthy, unlike the one I had left behind.

He had also trimmed his beard into the length from before and kept it well-groomed again. The suit on him I hadn't seen so far but it smelled as expensive as it looked.

"I was careful not to be spotted", the man I fell for grinned, wrapping his arms around me.

He leaned his forehead against mine. My heart made loops. "I'm so glad you are back, mon amour." 

"I'm glad too", I smiled with red cheeks. Michael didn't let go of me and still held my eyes firmly. We stayed like that for a long time, his hands caressing my stomach, hips and waist.

"We shouldn't risk it", I whispered as his lips brushed mine. He still looked me in the eyes, not withdrawing his lips.

Then he slowly kissed me, eyes hooded and intense as our lips softly touched. I couldn't close my eyes – this was so intimate I just couldn't. Michael's strong arms were around my waist. I leaned against his chest. His lips softly and delicately kissed me, while sea blue eyes were dark in wanton.

I shivered as his kiss grew firm. It was court, but it lingered long, long afterwards as he withdrew his lips. My whole body tingled. I shivered, but I wasn't cold. I was hot. I felt so hot in my skin.

He let go of me and stepped back. Michael had held the upper hand in this situation and had stopped before we could have gotten in trouble.

But I was against it. Take me into your arms again. Kiss me again. I don't care if the others see us.

"Back to work, Mrs Atkins. A lot is awaiting you." 

"Yes", I smiled at my boss. "I can't wait to tackle it." 

"Good girl." He turned around to leave. I caught him by his jacket and tugged on it.

"Mr Beaumont?" 

"Yes?", he turned around to meet me fully. 

"Thank you for the roses. They are my favourite flower, no matter the colour." I kissed his cheek and left the kitchen with that.

Michael was still there as I glanced back, his hand on the cheek I had kissed him on. As he turned slightly, I spotted a big grin on his face. It made me feel dizzily happy and I almost ran into one glass door at that.

  ♡  

It was as if I had never left.

I picked up the files and sorted them into piles like I usually would. Things I needed to tackle instantly, a pile with files that could wait a few more hours and a pile with files that could wait.

The programs were all open and I started punching in the numbers, as well as calculating along with my calculator. I remarked a few positions, corrected them, finished the file and moved onto the next one.

As always, our work was interrupted occasionally by jokes, laughter, Melinda joining us for coffee, Janet making her rounds or the errand boy who returned a few files from Michael.

Melinda and I chatted courtly as we made our first cup of coffee and she brushed my back. "I'm glad you are back again. Michael is finally somewhat workable with. He was a nuisance when you left." 

"I've heard, I'm so sorry Melinda, I didn't mean for this to happen." 

"I know, and you couldn't have known he would have reacted like that. I'm just glad this is over", she smiled contently.

"Also, that reminds me. Michael wants you to replace me now when it comes to meetings." 

"Already?", I nearly dropped my mug. 

"Well, my retirement is nearing", Melinda laughed. "In less than a year I can go. Michael is letting me leave earlier since I worked for two Beaumont generations already. Since you will replace me, it's time you learn a bit more about my position."

I felt a bit unsure. 

"It's alright. It seems like a tough position but it's ok, really", Melinda smiled confidently at me. "Also, he's pleasant to work with. As long as you do your job, that is." 

"Per usual", I laughed nervously.

Melinda reassured me I would do good and left.

I sat down on the kitchen table and sighed. Taking over her position ... which meant organizing meetings, keeping in touch with customers and business people, organizing his day, following him everywhere, answering very important emails, being essentially another very important person to this company. I would be with the president and vice-president all the time.

"Good god", I whispered, taking a swing of my coffee. Let's just hope Michael doesn't expect a masterpiece as his secretary.

Jess was picked up by Philipp five minutes before break and she left with a beaming smile. She had invited me over for dinner at theirs and I had instantly agreed to it.

Clarissa and Nina hadn't been in the office the past hour since they were at a meeting, so I was left on my own.

I flipped to the last page of the file. Once I had finished it, I would go and get some lunch from the cafeteria.

Or that had been my plan.

The glass door opened, and a Michael in his long black coat stepped inside. He wore his complete suit, which meant he was headed out.

Michael approached my desk and closed my file. I looked up annoyed to him. "Excuse me, I was working on that." 

He smirked. "I make the rules, Atkins. Get up and get your coat, we are heading out." 

"Where to?", I asked puzzled. 

He raised a heavy brow. "Lunch?"

I laughed. "Couldn't you have made it less romantic?" 

"I bought you roses already", he grinned, offering me his hand. I took it, and in a blink of an eye, was in his arms. He kissed me stormily. I melted in his arms. "I waited the whole day to do this", he mumbled against my lips, brushing my cheek. "I can't wait for Friday evening."

My heart was beating loudly.

"Only four more days", I whispered happily. I cupped his face. "Stop making me feel like a little girl!" 

His crooked grin, that devilish grin, appeared on his lips. His dimples laid exactly underneath my fingers. "What am I doing to you, Mrs Atkins?" 

"Oh shut it! You know exactly what you are doing to me!", I laughed. 

"Am I exciting you?", he asked in a teasing voice. How sexy could a man be?

"Maybe", I stuck out my tongue and tried to get out his grasp, but he tightened it and kissed me hard.

  ♡  

Michael looked back as we left the building, smiled toothily and extended his hand to me. With pride I took it and felt instantly safe. I was sure my face was red, but I was too happy to care. We intertwined our fingers and laughed happily together.

How could such a little thing make me so happy?

"Let's go to Taco Bell." 

"I'm so flattered", I giggled. A cheap restaurant coming from him? That was a wonder itself! "Only if you are paying", I added with a sarcastic tone. 

"I'm not letting you pay for anything as long as we go somewhere together, Sara."

I rested my head against his arm. Michael smiled amused. "Did you really think I'll let you pay?" 

"Why shouldn't I?" 

"Because I'm here?", he laughed.

Suddenly something bright made me squint my eyes close.

As I reopened them, a man with a camera smiled at us. Michael cursed loudly.

What had just-?

My shoulders dropped, and I let go of Michael's hand.

A paparazzi?

"Who is your new girlfriend, Michael?", the man asked with a mean grin. He raised his camera again. 

"None of your business", Michael snarled, took my arm and led me down an alley. I had to run after him, that's how fast he walked. "This way", he whispered, taking a shortcut.

We went through an apartment building and adrenaline flooded my body.

"If there's one paparazzi then more will come. It's always that way." 

"Why did he take a picture? You are a business man!", I felt fear and adrenaline rush through my veins. Was he following us?

"Yes, and my mother and father come from a line of wealthy people who all own a big company. We are quite known in higher circles."

Fear filled me even more. "That means we'll be in the newspapers?" 

"Most likely", he ran a hand through his hair. Michael twisted open a door and we were outside again, in the streets of New York. He quickly led me down to the right.

"If my husband sees that I'll have trouble at court!", I hissed. 

"Sara, not to be rude, but I don't care one bit about Noah." 

"Neither do I!", I tugged harshly at his arm. "But any more problems will complicate it even further, and I don't have the money to pay for the divorce!", I hissed.

Michael stopped and glared at me with a bizarre expression. "What?!", he snarled, his grip growing painfully tight.

I shut my mouth. 

Now I had let my secret out. 

I couldn't afford the divorce.

Over the month, our meetings had gotten worse and worse, and the costs would double if this continued that way.

No matter how much I saved, I could never afford it.

"What do you mean you don't have the money for the divorce?", Michael growled, gripping my arm. "How long has this been going on for? What are his allegations? Who is your lawyer? Why are you losing the case?!" 

"Not here", I whispered as the people stared at us. Michael didn't hold my hand but my arm as he dragged me into Taco Bell.

He sent me away to find a table and ordered food without even asking what I wanted. I kind of felt bad, but also angry at the same time.

Michael returned with the trey and placed it between us. I crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry", he started, avoiding my eyes. "I'm just ... I just get so annoyed whenever you mention him." 

"Well, you shouldn't let it out on me then." 

"I won't", he quickly said.

I glared at him and he looked at me apologetically. I uncrossed my arms. "I'm sorry too, Michael."

Michael took my hand. "I just ... why didn't you tell me sooner you couldn't afford it?" 

My stomach felt strangely empty at his tone. "Why? Would that have changed everything?" 

"Of course!", he replied annoyed. "I wouldn't have bothered with this!"

I got up.

"Sara, sit down", Michael had jumped up too now. "Please. Don't walk out on me again. I can't bear it to lose you again."

I slowly sunk into my chair, tears burning in my eyes.

Michael took my hands again.

"You should have told me sooner, Sara. I wouldn't have bothered waiting. I could have gotten my lawyer involved." 

"You mean, you would have helped me?" 

"Naturally, what did you think?", he inquired to know, visibly surprised by my question.

I had to look away. "I thought ... I thought you would leave me."

Michael's eyes widened. "How can you think that? Sara, I told you how I feel about you." 

"I know ... I'm ... sorry." 

He shook his head. "What will I do with you?", he sighed with a smile. "I really think I should marry you to prove my point." 

"I'm only marrying out of love!" 

"What do you think I'm doing with a wedding?" 

"You didn't do that with your ex."

Michael frowned. "Don't drag her into this." I had to laugh.

He didn't let go of me. "How much?" 

"It's ... don't worry about it, Michael." 

He lifted my head and made me look at him. "How much is it?" 

"It's alright, really."

He frowned. "What are the allegations?" 

"Neglect. Emotional abuse for not bothering to satisfy his emotional and sexual cravings. Disinterest. He just won't sign this damned paper, he's dragging it all out for no reason." I ran both hands through my hair. "He got my co-worker pregnant and still wants to be married to me. I just don't understand it." 

"Neither do I", Michael voiced his opinion and leaned back. "How much?", he asked yet again.

"I won't tell you", I replied, avoiding the answer.

"Then I'm going to get the information myself", he stubbornly insisted. 

"Don't you dare snoop around!", I raised my finger at him. 

"What good is it doing for you? You can't divorce him, you'll be stuck in this endless loop. I, on the other hand, won't sit there, twirl my thumbs and wait until you can afford it if I have all the money in the world to just pay it up front!"

"I don't want you to waste your money on this", I whispered. 

He leaned forward to me, holding my eyes firmly. "I'm using it to get you out of a stupid situation; anything I spent on you is well spent money. So tell me, mon amour, how much do you have to pay?"

My hands were shaking, and I looked away. He took them and kissed my knuckles. " ... I don't want you to pay it ..." 

"If it makes you feel that bad, then you can repay me", Michael suggested softly. 

"Michael, I can't repay you-" 

He lifted his hand to silence me. "Not with money." 

"What else do you want then?", I asked him.

Michael grinned, and it wasn't a happy grin. It was devilish. He had used that smile when we had tricked the Green's into terrible conditions. "You'll become my secretary from next Monday. This week Melinda will train you and you will drop your accounting position."

My shoulders dropped. "Already?" 

"Think positively; the position will give you more money, more power", he traced my cheek. "I know I can trust you with everything, you do an amazing job already, I'm sure you will be perfect."

I shifted in my seat. "Michael ..." 

"No ifs and buts. Stop doubting yourself!" Michael nudged the trey to me. "Eat." 

As I took the burrito, he asked again: "So, how much do you owe the lawyer?"

I quickly stuffed my face with food, so I couldn't speak. Michael's expression grew neutral. "Fine."

Did this face mean any good? I couldn't say just yet, it was the first time I had seen him give up that quickly.

I wanted this divorce to end, but I didn't want him to pay twenty grand for my divorce. I would feel so bad about it, especially since I could never repay him that amount of money ...

"But you'll still be my secretary from Monday on, just so you know." 

"I'll try my best." 

"You are the best", he corrected, taking a bite of his taco. Both his brows rose up in surprise. "Not bad!"

  ♡  

Michael's POV

I came home at 7 pm which surprised Marie and Gerard. Both came to me and asked how my day went.

"Quite nice actually. I got Sara back into my company, bought her roses, we went out for lunch together and were caught by a paparazzi, she told me she couldn't afford the divorce-" 

"What, what, what!?", Marie grabbed my arm. "Michael, what now?" 

"What now? Wait and see if the news outlet will call me regarding the picture, of course." 

"I meant the divorce! You can't date a married woman!", Marie bit out.

I raised a brow. "What can't money solve?" 

"You'll pay for it?", Gerard asked, looking at Marie. 

"To be honest, I'd rather pay for the divorce, so I have a legal chance with her then to watch her be married to a cheating and abusing guy for the rest of her life", I told them with a shrug.

"Are you doing this for her or for you?", Marie asked honestly. 

"Both. I want her to be free from him and I also want her to be fully mine."

I mean, Sara Beaumont sounded way better than Sara Atkins. And I wouldn't cheat on her. I swear I will make her happy, or else I would die on the spot.

"I have a few important calls to make", I kissed Marie's cheeks and gave Gerard a firm hug. "Also", I turned around before I entered my home office. "Sara's coming over this Friday evening. I would appreciate it if ... you know."

"Only if I can have a word with her first!", Marie grumbled, crossing her arms. 

"Fine. If it means we can spend dinner alone, then I agree." 

"Should we buy you some groceries? Or get the cook?", Gerard added with a soft tone.

I could tell by looking at them they were excited she was coming over, even if you looked past Marie's frown.

"No need to, I'll manage everything on my own."

I leaned back into my leather chair, the office chair which uncle Victor had gifted me when I had made my first big turnover with my company, and undid my tie. I got comfortable before I dialed the number.

The bank that I co-owned answered after the first ringing tone. "Mr Beaumont, a pleasure to hear from you." 

"Likewise, George. Listen, I need some background data on a worker of mine, just to make sure if she's legit."

"Listen, Sir, we cannot give you the legal information concerning-", the lawyer started explaining, sounding annoyed. 

"I'm Michael Beaumont." 

"O-Oh, Mr Beaumont why didn't you say so instantly? I'm sorry for being so rude to you!" 

I had to grin at the lawyer's tone. A small deposit and all the needed information was mine.

And I already readied my check-book for the numbers he would name.

After two hours I got every information I had needed.

And what Sara was doing was ridiculous.

It was only the 12th of March and she only had 50 bucks left. No wonder she had lost so much weight, she barely could afford anything.

She paid a stupid amount for her small flat, had 20k to pay for the divorce, 10k for the lawyer and another 5k for unnecessary paperwork surrounding it. The pay she got from me barely covered her flat only.

I filled out the checks while shaking my head. She should have told me from the beginning. My lawyer would have gone in there and after five minutes this whole ordeal would have been solved easily.

Which reminded me.

"Mr Beaumont?", my lawyer sounded surprised I called him at this hour. 

"Yes, it's me Lucas. Listen, I have a client you have to take over for me. I'll pay you, naturally." 

"What is the situation?", he asked, ready for any task I gave him.

"A divorce."

He grew quiet for a second. "You usually use me for bank fraud, non-paying clients and such." 

"I know, but I know your history. Divorces were your thing back then." Anything related to high sums, actually. "I need you to help my friend with a tricky divorce. Then I need you to give me all the bills that need to be paid. I'll give you the details from her lawyer. She has her meetings on Thursdays."

It was 1 in the morning when I had wrapped everything up.

Now I needed to wait until Thursday for my lawyer to go in and solve this mess. By Friday evening Sara would be a divorced woman with no debts. I would tell her the news over dinner.

How would she react though? Happy? Angry? Sad? I hoped she wouldn't be too angry I acted against her will. I mean, I called around and got very private information out of everybody and now chose to participate in her divorce to speed things up.

Not that I would marry her instantly after the divorce – I would take my time dating her, and once she was free of the weight Noah had left behind and was comfortable with me, then I would ask her to be mine.

Until then, I would enjoy a relationship with my always blushing girlfriend.

  ♡  

Sara's POV

My mouth dropped open as a very expensively dressed lawyer extended his hand to me. He was in his forties I would guess, had sleeked back hair and was clean shaven. He smelled of a strong cologne and radiated coolness. 

I shook his hand courtly, stunned.

"I'm Lucas White. I'm Mr Beaumont's lawyer and I was tasked to see to it this divorce comes to an end." 

"Michael himself tasked you to help me?" 

"Do not worry, my client will pay for all the expenses", he wrongly understood my tone.

My heart dropped into my stomach. "Every little cost?" 

"Ma'am, I was told you were very unhappy with this marriage, is that true?" 

"I hated it!" 

"Then no matter the cost you should be glad he is helping you", Lucas put his briefcase onto the table. "Besides, 20000 $ is not that much. I had cases which exceeded that line far more. So, sit down and let me handle everything."

  ♡  

I was stunned and in deep disbelieve.

The meeting had started at 1 pm and had ended at 7 pm with us signing the divorce.

Noah and his lawyer had no chance against Lucas White, who was wicked, informed with the tiniest details and was good at repartee.

Lucas shook my hand firmly in the end. Noah stormed out the building, his face red with anger. We were on our own and the lawyer placed a hand on my shoulder. "You were pleasant to work with, Ms Bašić. You weren't emotional at all and kept this professional, just like you should." Even though he butchered my last name completely, I knew it was my Bosnian surname. 

"How do you know my maiden name?" 

He tapped his head. "I try to be well informed for every case. Until next time."

I was left alone in the meeting room.

I sat down in deep disbelieve.

I was divorced.

I wasn't Sara Atkins anymore.

On Monday, Michael and I had slightly argued because of it. He had acted behind my back and had helped me. He would carry all the expenses for me. He made sure I had gotten rid of Noah forever.

With shaky hands, I called him.

"Yes?", his deep voice sounded. 

I felt suddenly so much better. "Thank you", I sobbed. "Thank you, you idiot you! What were you thinking, it's not cheap at all! Now you have to pay for two lawyers, the divorce costs, and all the legal papers which allow me to stay in the United States!" 

He laughed. "Which one is it? Praise or scolding?" 

"Both!", I cried, wiping my eyes.

"I'm free. I can't believe I'm free! It has been so long, so so so very long I had been trying to get rid of him!" 

"I know. You must be so happy right now", his tone was soft. "I knew I felt ten times lighter after I had signed the paper."

"I do", I sobbed. 

I could be myself again. 

No sleepless nights worrying if I was doing the right thing. 

No sleepless nights wondering what I had done to deserve such a shit husband. 

No sleepless nights feeling guilty for loving Michael and hating Noah.

It was all over.

I didn't have to feel guilty for anything anymore!

I was free!

I was free, finally!

"Michael, thank you so much! I love you so, so much! Thank you for helping me become myself again!"

I froze after I just realized what I had said to him.

"I love you too", he responded firmly. "I'll pick you up." 

"Y-You don't need to-" 

"Nonsense. This deserves to be celebrated! Stay put where you are, mon amour."

He hung up.

My sister picked up instantly. Fuck the costs, I would gladly pay for the too high phone bill.

"I'm divorced."

I heard her yell it to my family and they all cheered.

"I also told Michael I love him."

She stopped then broke out in laughter.

"Well, have fun with your new guy." 

"Am I ready though?" 

"Oh stop it! Don't pull that spiel again, and certainly not on him! You told me he suffered so much, give him a bit of love, won't you? Repeat it over and over to him. Kiss him. Get the right treatment. Enjoy his full qualities, Sara."

I knew what she was hinting at.

"I'm traditional unlike you, Emma." 

I could hear her roll her eyes. "I'm telling you, you are missing out. Anyways, go and kiss him unconscious. Celebrate. Act wild. Act like a single person for the rest of the day. No need to play housewife or wife anymore. Love you." 

"Love you too. I can always count on you for advice." 

"Of course you can!", Emma laughed.

  ♡  

Michael appeared twenty minutes later. I jumped up as the elevator opened.

He was holding a big bouquet of roses in every colour they came in. He was breathing harshly. Michael was dressed in the suit he had worn to work today. At this hour, still?

"Sorry I'm late, the traffic was horrendous!"

He extended the flowers to me. "Happy divorce! Now you have to teach me how your last name is pronounced, but that's the best part of it!"

I stormed into his arms. He swirled me around. I cupped his face and kissed him. "I should actually slap you for acting so recklessly!" 

"Go on ahead", he brought his cheek forward. "I did it for two reasons: to make you happy and to make you mine." 

"You really are the jealous sort!", I laughed, softly slapping his cheek. 

"I won't lie – I am. But that doesn't matter now." Michael put me down again. I took the colourful bouquet and he took my hand, staring deeply into my eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend? I know you just got out of a divorce, but I-" 

"I'll gladly be your girlfriend", I eagerly said. "But – I want to date you first. I don't want to jump into a relationship with you. It went bad once before." 

"Alright – deal. How about a date right now?" 

"Right now?", I asked astonished. 

"Yes – let's go ice skating. Ice Skating Rink at Rockefeller Center, have you heard of it?" 

"I can't skate", I told him nervously as he took my hand and led me to the elevator. 

"I can! I'll show you how", the smile he gave made all my worries go away. Might as well try it, just for fun.

It was time I open up to the ideas of discovering new things in life. With Noah, I had been forced into this monotone world that always kept on repeating.

But this wasn't Noah who held my hand. It was the man I loved more than I had ever loved Noah. It was the man who treated me ten times better already, and we weren't even an official couple yet.

Michael kissed me slowly in the elevator, and I closed my eyes with a pleasant hum.

"I'm so happy", he mumbled, buried his hands into my hair and kissed me again and again.

Yes, I was happy too.

I was happy to call this man my soon to be boyfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
53.6K 2.9K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
64.2K 1.4K 45
𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄, She had ambitions that soared beyond the cage of her upbringing. Her dreams were simple yet profound: to find true l...
2.7M 81.9K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...