Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

73. Heard Unsaid

4.1K 204 111
By NeelamMenghani

Happy Forever Friday!

***

Reality sometimes looks more beautiful than dream, what one wish for when all you want is already yours'.

— Gideon

Someone's Forever

***

NIERA'S POV

Unexpected when wears surprise,

It takes away the element of reaction,

Whether to surrender to glee or propound to reality,

Becomes one big question in abate!

*~*

"Alicia!"

My gaze snapped at the name, Dr. Baron I found bowing down. The blue iris of my Gorgeous Saviour was piercing into my soul as he stood on the threshold.

"Princess Alicia."

"Alicia Valentine, A V stands for Alicia Valentine, Niera."

He spoke again enunciating what I was desperate to know, dying to figure out. The final piece of mystery, he gave away, just like that.

Just like that!

Gideon took commanding steps to toward us. With each step, I felt the air changing, shifting around me, thickening and coiling around me.

I suddenly felt weak, like the adrenaline was sucking out all the energy from me, clutching the edge of glass table behind my back I allowed my body to regain the energy to face the King.

"You're back." Dr. Baron somewhat heaved a sigh.

"Yes."

"Gerard is calling you," he fluttered his gaze at Dr. Baron who nodded.

"You came to—"

"—Blood pressure." Gideon halted further words to come off his mouth; Dr. Baron gave a curt nod in his way before his gaze turned to me.

"Ah! Bambi, I need to rush, can you check his BP. I hope you won't mind." Dr. Baron asked; a plea, request.

My head automatically bobbled in the slow motion before the Good Doctor moved out of the room leaving me with him. His intense gaze kept me captive while I stood biting my inner cheek. My sanity snapped, making me stagger before I bolted to fetch the machine from where, he kept after checking my pulse.

With a sigh, I tried to control my raging heart. I went to stand in front of him, while he was already comfortable on one of the chair, his gaze stayed at mine un-moving, his lips had that smirk playing hide and seek with me.

Huffing in annoyance, I raised my hand, asking his, "Your arm."

He rolled the sleeves to his upper arm, almost tearing the material on his tight muscles. I bit my sigh, looking at his muscles.

Definitely Hulk.

No Superman!

However I like Captain America.

I blasted the babble in my mind before, easing off the stiffness in his arm, my touch on his evolved tingles; a sigh escaped my lips as I continued to work.

"Why did you come in between, the fight?" I asked fastening the band on his upper arm.

"It was mine." I continued, I stole a glance of his face which was very close to mine, breathing almost touching me.

"And wasn't it mine?" he countered.

"Huh?"

I gaze tore from the machine screen, the pumping air in band, the noise filled the room.

"All your battles are mine; the harm needs to face me before you."

My throat went dry, as a sudden tinkling itched through my chest, I was arrested to those eyes, words of his, drew havoc in me.

"Gideon—"

"I can't let any harm touch you." There was sincerity in his words, there was a promise and vow which was on display, I could feel it through his warm proximities.

There wasn't any lie, all was true, I wasn't unable to comprehend but I had no wish to retort, no wish to seek logic, no wish to question his sincerity. I was content, I was happy and I allowed those words to settle peace in me.

The faint beeps of BP monitor tore the connection of your eyes.

I snatched my sanity off the falling cliff, dragging it to the screen of the equipment in my hand.

The moment my eyes settled on the screen, the serenity was off the window and storm brew in my eyes, alarmed, my eyes widen.

"What the?" I almost blew off the ceiling. Mr. I Rule People had no whatsoever change, he just looked a troubled with frown, worried apparently for his shrilling eardrums.

How I wish to pull and twist his ears right now!

I was restless, and the reason was the reading of his blood pressure which was touching—no jumping over the heights of reading.

Fire split in my orbs as I moved my gaze to him, the scenario was reading my face, I found him gulp softly.

The King is gulping his fear, what a lovely sight! My inner alter ego was proud watching the King in confused fear.

"What happened?"

His words were turned neglected; as I was fighting a worry grew inside me, worry which was prominent crawling in my chest.

I feel like burning his ignorance with my enraged fire.

What the hell, how he is running, playing fighting at this?

This man!

"High Blood Pressure happened." I gritted through my teeth.

"Oh!"

"Just oh Mister?" I asked incredulously while his gaze went to the machine, like a small child wander his eyes clueless around, trying to find the reason his mother is scolding him.

"That's Normal." He shrugged like nothing, while I was exploding with cures to try and reduce his blood pressure.

"No, it's not. Stay here, I'll get Dr. Baron. He'll—"

I was almost on invisible air, sprinting in air before landing on his lap with a jerk.

Absolute shock made me numb while he encircled his arms around me like I'll be snatched away from him.

Wide eyes, I turned to him, only to find him calm, his heart was close to me, mine was racing around my rib cage while his was calm, I wonder how.

"Mr. Valentin—"

My word melted in my tongue, as his finger touched my lips, I shivered but was held captive in his intense gaze, disdaining the surroundings.

Oddly, it felt good!

"Niera, you want to cure me?" he asked softly, like cotton balls tickling my ears, his breath falling on my face, ears.

I nodded, softly, because I was afraid to break it, whatever was in this moment.

"Stay with me."

No words were exchanged, our eyes were enough, but neither had they talked because we both were lost.

This moment was something, eccentric, which I wish to stay in.

*~*

The empty corridors were a great view to look around, as I walked step one after other on the tile flooring, silence ruled as I could distinctly feel the thumping of my own heart beating wildly in my chest.

The company of mine had no whatsoever effect as he was strolling quite leisurely matching my taut steps with an ease.

I knew he was monitoring me, each move and the faint realization was enough to glow my cheeks with warmth.

I tried to create distance but my own body was treacherous seeking warmth of his as solitude.

"Niera, this way!" Gideon's crisp tone resonated through the vacant corridor, heaving a sigh; I followed him but not before catching the faint smirk on his handsome face. I so wanted to glare at him but it was my fault to be so expressive.

No words were exchanged, no queries were entertained, neither any question rang around, the tranquil surroundings kept us together, I surrender to his wish while he let that stiffness away, allowing only solace to rule in us.

The scenario was quiet opposite from where we came from, this hall was occupied with a fair amount of people, giving the ambiance of typical hospital but all stiffened halting their further breathing to bow down in front of their King.

I felt my lips quivering to amusement when each bowed and Gideon just stayed unaffected.

How boring it would be to see the different heads of people before you see the face of one greeting you with respect?

Keeping my thoughts to self, we moved on, people however weren't very hostile toward me, I received gawking gaze thrown toward me but keeping a straight face, I walked onward; Gideon was right beside me at each move.

The fresh aroma of spices hit my nostrils from a distance and my stupid empty stomach had to jump in attention. I grumbled mentally.

"Didn't had breakfast." Gideon stated out of the blue and my gaze turned quizzical.

I sigh, "Didn't feel like having." I murmured looking away from those gorgeous blue pairs.

"Come," I had to comply with his demand as his hand on my back was more adherent to take me where he wanted.

The walk took us to the restaurant kind area. The ambience was nice and for once, I forgot I was in the premises of WerePire. We made our way to the private parlor, people seated on chair made move to stand and bow simultaneously but a raised hand gesture from Gideon stopped them, more like froze them in the same awkward pose.

I stifle my giggle to escape before entering the parlor, there was only one parlor which was large and had only one huge table that could be used for dining and conference.

I stood in awe whereas Gideon stood staring at me.

I wonder what he reads in my face, am I interesting?

Um! Perhaps your expressive expressions are funny to witness.

"Jerry and others will be here soon."

"I'm not afraid to be alone with you." I objected, in returned he smiled.

"I know you aren't, but they insisted to have lunch with us. I hope you won't mind." I nodded at his words but his confidence seems touching—ruling skies. Leaving all aside I wished to talk to him, in Dr. Baron's cabin, he flared a flame now I'm withering to know more.

But it wasn't time and it confirmed when we heard a faint commotion of parlor tinted glass door.

"Majesty, Miss William." We turned to the call of Delta Fergal who entered in his glory. Tiara was bouncing in her Father's palm, wrapped around her wrist.

"Alpy!" she squeal before freeing from Fergal's grip, she flee to attack Mr. Ap—Well—Gideon who caught her.

I found my own smile looking at the interaction of the two before my gaze went to Fergal who was looking at me intently. It might be my blunt suspicion of observation but there was something in his gaze. It was annoyingly visible, too much to be neglected.

"Miss. William, a moment please." He requested and I cast a glance at Gideon who was listening to Tiara's babble with patient smile.

"Yes." I spoke softly, taking a step to him.

"I apologize again, I never intended to harm you, not even the slightest but as a warrior—" I gestured him to stop shaking my head.

There was softness in his tone which I felt was inappropriate for a warrior like him. His eyes held guilt, remorse, a little to be ignored but then I wasn't expecting even this much.

"Del—Mr. Fergal, its fine. I understand, it was unintentional, I was just afraid for Tiara otherwise I would have never intervened." I justified my action which as I perceive were in open.

The man in front of me seems like a maze, his demeanor screams something lethal, which is acceptable, but then I find something unnerving. Something odd which denies disdains all my presumptions on him. I don't feel like trusting my instincts but then they are too trustworthy to be neglected.

"Miss. William, I can't thank you enough." He stated and my brows furrowed in bafflement.

"Thank me, for what Mr. Fergal?"

"For taking care of my daughter." He revealed looking at his daughter and my lips pursed thin.

I heaved a sigh, taking my time to respond.

"She is never different from me, Mr. Fergal, I have always seen her as my own Niece and there wasn't anything I did to be – Thank you isn't needed." I was busting from inside, my sanity had control otherwise my affection and care were ready to pounce on him for being too adherent on his work to forget his responsibilities, but something in me stopped me, to open my honesty.

Perhaps I must perceive the man and then question; I have no right to question him!

"Very Well." He murmured dragged my gaze to him, his lips had no smile, neither any emotion, just that impassiveness which I know Theodore has schooled in and Gideon had in the beginning days.

Now?

Now he let me read him, or we just are comfortable to cast glance at each other's soul!

Dramatic! My sanity muttered under breath.

"Niera!" I turned to the call, Jerry was striding toward my direction, almost digging hole in the tile floorings.

"Oh, you cam—" my words and smile went straight to the mantle of earth, cringing astonishment loomed as I listened my friend.

"How are you, are you hurt, why were you in Arena, something—" he continued to babble in pure rage, his growls and deep voice were something reminded me of the morning and last night's event, chills crept over my spine.

His babble only halted when a growl resonated, a gasp escaped my lips as I took a step away only to be pulled back beside a now angry Alpha.

"Maj—Alpha!" Jerry cried in horror before bowing in a continuous motion as he was informed of Alpha's presence.

"Stay in your limits Terry, you're speaking to your Luna!" I cringed at the deeper tone of Gideon's, more feral and infuriated.

A shiver ran through my spine as I clutched into his arm, finding his palm to intertwine my fingers with his.

"I never intended to My Alpha!"

Terry?

He mispronounced Jerry right?

"Gideon, it's, please calm down." It took several moments to calm the storm in Gideon's eyes. I felt exhausted on a new level standing and facing his terrifying anger.

"He is angry because he cares. It's good and nothing to worry about." I tried to reason in a soft tone. I felt Gideon was tempted to growl at me but shooting a glare at Jerry he composed himself. When I tried to go and console my friend, I was again bounded by Mr. Angry Alpha, Tiara taking it as a queue moved to Jerry's side.

Don't know what but I felt this whole scenario a hilarious comical one, the one man was angry because he cared and another got angry because he cared.

"Have we missed something?" The commotion of door brought out attention.

Sir Gerard and Theodore were standing there, Dr. Baron behind them.

We stood tongue tied glancing at each other's face.

"Nothing." Gideon then spoke, his usual controlled calm tone resonated, we all heaved a sigh.

"Majesty!" My eyes shot to the door again, away from Gideon's face.

Only a nod from Gideon and everything settled. We took our respective seats on the table; I took the one adjacent to Jerry's, intentionally to be with him. Jerry gave me one startled gaze before he settled. 

Dr. Baron on my left, Gideon straight in front of me, much to my flushed issues, Theodore and Sir Gerard on his side's. Tiara sat next to Jerry and next to her was Fergal, beside Sir Gerard.

"You okay?" I muttered to Jerry.

"Yes." He whispered offering a smile; surprisingly there wasn't any anger or negativity in him against Gideon. He was calm after accepting his not so existing mistake.

What would you have done?

The server came to take offered, squirming in his place while boring his gaze on the floor.

All of us took the menu, but all sat shut awaiting the King himself to order first. My eyes went to him, as he was analyzing the card staring. Out of sudden he caught me staring at him, and a ghost of smile crossed on his lips.

Flushed, I bore my eyes into the Menu.

"I'll have a Chicken—"

"No." I placed the Menu card back, before shooting a steely gaze at him.

Absolute silence spread around, leaving the interest in selecting the dishes to fill their platter, eyes were gawking at me like I committed a crime.

Surely I did, interrupting the King.

Fergal coughed while others sat unmoving. The poor waiter almost toppled on his standing position like someone smashed his head, plopping his eyes off their sockets. I gulped before returning my gaze to Mr. Majesty who had his eyes trained upon me.

Uff! I hate that concealed amused smile!

You like it! My insanity retorted.

"Your blood pressure is high, Gid—Mr. Valentine. You shouldn't take the oily and spicy food that has high cholesterol; it's not good for your health." I offered explanation to the crew of present-ies who looked more offended for one man.

I was expecting any retort but they sat silent.

"No, I can't have that boiled food Niera, and I'm perfectly fine. You can see."

That stubborn man.

I gritted my teeth, powdering my anger in it before plastering a smile, I continued, "I know you're perfectly fine Mr. Majest—Valentine. But let's just keep it that way and healthy food isn't always boiled that you're making face. It can actually be tasty, just try."

"No, Niera. I don't want to and I won't." his stubborn mouth spoke and felt a strong urge to strangle him, then tie and feed him mashed potatoes with my own hand.

Concocting the ideas is easy but dealing with stubborn man is far like fighting battles of Tarain.

"You'll, for your health. You might not be concerned but we are. So you're going to have the food I order." I spoke sternly.

Sweet cakes, sorry to make you realize but he isn't Tiara but Mr. King!

I kept that shallow stern gaze upon him, no one dared to pipe in, how would they, only I'm stupid enough to walk leisurely in the den of hungry Lion and snatch his meat and stuff his mouth with green Broccoli.

It was our challenging gaze thrown on other until I felt coughs around.

All got cough attack together?

The stubbornness of Gideon was irking me and then the audience got their own entertainment.

"My food."

"Healthy food." I retorted.

"No—"

"No, Gideon. I'm not risking your health at any cost. You'll have what I order for you only, end of discussion." I showed my deadliest glare which was enough to bring the people around me bow down. I was a little unsure, it could make the King give up on his persistence.

"Very well then, Majesty, she is absolutely right." Sir Gerard intervened before we could burn the surroundings in own gibberish fight.

I found it adorable when he huffed like a child but my adoration when to bewilderment when I found his lips suffered the attack of his teeth to conceal his smile, sitting straight; he cast a glance at the squirming gawking waiter before gesturing toward me.

Sweet boy! I clapped mentally at my victory.

I thought men gets irritated when something comes between them and their food, yet the King is all smiling, pleased.

Typical maze Man!

"Please do the honors, Miss. Strict." I scowl at his endearment which wasn't at all endearment.

Averting my eyes to the waiting waiter, I placed the order for him.

"And you Niera?" Jerry asked.

"I'll have what he is having."

His gaze shot up to mine while I stole mine.

*~*

GIDEON'S POV

Reality sometimes looks more beautiful than dream, what one wish for when all you want is already yours'.

I sat relishing the thought, as Miracle was hiding her flushed face behind the menu card, for which she already ordered for us.

Her simple scolding was ordinary, her tinted cheeks after the brave act she did, her features showcased the extraordinary.

I hate salads. Royce grumbled in displeasure.

Too bad, too late. I retorted, I knew as displeased I was with the orders, so was she. She won't show but it was on her face. Yet just to accompany me in mess, she ordered the same for her.

She never eats properly. Look how slim she is, how weak she looks.

I couldn't help but chuckle at Royce's constant growls for Miracle's weak figure since she is a human, its natural, if we compare her to any she-wolf or any supernatural entity.

The moment that Pest left the conference hall, I put guards around Alicia's territory, in Fergal's absence. We're sure she'll try her luck and lurk around her but suddenly the trackers informed, she changed the route and was taking the different direction.

Only WerePire is the place she could lurk in that direction, her motives were hidden but unwilling to take any risk, Gerard opted to visit. Also I came to know about Fergal who was here, connecting the dots, I presumed she was here to irk me, riling him and his wounded form would work in her favor.

However, she bolted again, I had to come, Fergal was enraged after being informed about last night's event. He needed to see Tiara and Jerry took her, along with Miracle.

In spite of all the odds, I never expected Niera to intervene the fight. It might be a rescue task for her but in reality, it wasn't. Outraged Fergal was just emanating out his rage on Dexter, who was trying to calm him.

I sat admiring her features as she was dramatically speaking to Tiara, not only mine, others gaze was upon their interaction with a smile stretching on their lips.

"But—"

"No but little monster. Now you're going to eat lunch." She ordered pointing her finger to her, concealing her own smile to spill in process.

She can't stay angry at her.

She can't stay angry at all! I corrected as I witnessed the interaction.

I wonder what she'll be like as a mother.

Just like she is to Tiara. I smiled, a sense of warmth seared to my soul, Miracle as the mother.

—Of our pups.

The dazzling smile escaped her as Tiara pout on her orders.

Out of nowhere, her gaze met mine and her cheeks flamed before she averted her gaze. I quite enjoy her blush, because it comes only for me.

"So Niera, how is the work going?" Gerard asked gaining her attention. She blinked looking at him before the words settled to her; she nodded grimly losing all the traces of smile.

"I am on it Sir." She answered briefly.

"Have you received the footages you were asking for?" he prodded further while others either cast glances at the menu or concentrated on the conversation.

"Um! No, actually that's what I was about to ask you." She initiated, a little hesitant before she stole a glance on my way, before settling it to Gerard.

"I tried to contact Mr. McCoy, but he wasn't available since the past two days, I guess." She murmured, a look of displeasure crossed her face which didn't go unnoticed by me.

"He won't." I spoke up sipping the water, staring at her. Her gaze found mine before her orbs went wide.

"McCoy is on leave." I continued as I sat the glass back on the table.

Biting her lips, she digested the news with a hint of disappointment while I leaned against the table.

"So I won't—"

"What exactly you wish to see in those footages?" I placed my question, averting her mind from McCoy.

Gerard found my face to read as we knew where McCoy was at the moment, a hint of amusement glistered on his face.

Miracle swallowed before she spoke up, "It's about the footage of the day of emergency—"

"Security block." I offered in correction, interested in her theory.

"Yes, precisely. Well I have a doubt, a theory that the things are connected. So to clear that doubt and find new leads I wanted the footage." She concluded briefly. The same powerful confidence was there on her demeanor which seems impregnable.

"Any other leads?"

Gerard had already briefed me about the progress she had on the matter along with the constant detailing.

"No, as for now, it's my biggest lead."

"Or bluff." Theodore injected.

She sighed looking at the glass of water in front of her before shrugging, "Quite so."

Her conversation continued with Dexter while others just waited for the lunch to arrive.

"Um! Apologies to intervene." A timid voice broke through the flow of our small talks. I raised my head to find Jennet; the nurse from WerePire was standing at a distance from our table, almost ready to run back, she was shivering a little, trying to compose herself.

"Majesty." She bowed before doing the same with Gerard.

"Jennet, is something urgent?" Dexter asked with an impassive look.

"Ah, um, yes, no Doctor. Mrs. Samantha asked me to send message about the complication, it's under control and asked you not to worry and have your time." She announced murmuring almost in her mouth. While others heard her accurately, Niera squinted in absence of clarity.

"That's very sweet of her. Thank you Jennet, you can go." Baron dismissed her. She nodded before her gaze went to Revin who kept his gaze on Tiara before Jennet found Miracle's smiling face and her face flushed before she scurried off in hast.

I found Niera biting her lip while Revin passed her an amused smirk, resulting her to huff in annoyance.

"What happened to her?" Fergal noticed the interaction between two women and voiced it out.

"Aunt Bambi is Dada's sister." Tiara announced, dragging our frown to her.

"That she is." Revin boosted with his genuine smile to her direction which Miracle returned. Absolute contentment on his face shone, which was hard to find, after Sahira.

"And she'll lock her mate from doodling families. She is poppetive—tic." She went on and the water which was going down Miracle's throat came out, spilling on the table as she cringed.

Revin chuckled while others sat amused at her mortified flushed face.

"You heard it?" she whispered to Tiara horrified not wanting to gain attention.

Tiara just bobbled her head in response while Revin shrunk under her glare but continued to laugh.

"Doodling families?"

"Lock her Mate?" People raised questions where she just sank into her chair. I leaned a little, intrigued to know my mate's plan for me.

"Droo—ling femal—es." Revin provided between his fits.

"Yes, drooling female—s." Tiara popped in between gulping her juice in hand.

"Locking your mate Bambi from drooling females, Bambi?" Dexter probed, lips curved and stretched, he asked while she turned more crimson with each passing second.

"Poppectic, what's that?" Theo frowned, glancing from his mobile screen.

"Possessive. She is possessive, for her Soul mate." I spoke with a smirk while she sank almost falling off the seat, mortified to even face anyone.

My heart swelled with pride flowing on the cloud of enthrallment. Royce felt the same elation; my soul felt the richness of the emotion at the moment, hearing this, all I could feel was the smile spreading across my face, as my heart swirling in pure joy.

'I'm sure; you'll have no problem to comply, right Majesty?' Gerard spoke through the link, his joyful gaze speaking volumes while he just shook his head in front.

Clearing her throat she tried to reduce the humiliation from her but failed when her eyes found others in amusement, her glare went to giggling Tiara and it went to Revin before he shrieked in pain.

"OW! Niera!" he cried glaring at her.

"There is nothing to embarrass about Niera. It's absolutely normal to hold such desires for the one made just for you. Possessiveness is primal when you feel deeply." I announced; her gaze met mine; we lost each other into the spell of others. The warmth of her eyes seeped to mine as we gazed at each other.

Finally the humiliation subsided and she nodded with a smile freed from the negatives.

"Majesty is absolutely correct Niera. In fact, your mate will be happy to comply with your orders." Gerard said and my mate glowed flushed.

"Well—can we just—I—we will see." She muttered disdaining the approach on her Mate.

"Sure Possessive lady." Revin piped in only to gulp at her murderous glare.

The chiming of her cell phone dragged her attention; with one last shooting gaze she found her phone on the table before unlocking it with a frown.

It was a message that she read with sheer concentration before her eyes widen.

"Jerry, can I get a laptop." She requested, staring at the screen.

"Now, Nier—"

"Theo," I nodded at Theodore who produce mine and handed it over to her, which she took absently. The grimace plastered on her face, the humor of the air sucked out as her gaze land on the screen of laptop. The frown continued before she shot a steely glare at the keypad.

"Password?"

"Miracle." I offered.

"Huh?"

"The password." Her eyes widened at the word but her current daze was more overpowering than the knowledge of password.

"Oh!" she ran her fingers to the keypad; the chiming of unlocked screen rang through the quiet surroundings.

Giving her phone to Jerry she typed something on and waited biting her lips before her fingertips swept through the trackball.

The change was drastic; her features bloomed in surprise as her eyes read the content on screen.

My gaze found Jerry; he turned and shook his negative in understanding what she was looking at.

"Excuse me Gentlemen, I need to make a call." She stood and rushed out in hurry not hearing the response or questions, the laptop in her hand and other already on her ear with her mobile phone.

Through the transparent glass of the private parlor, I followed her through my gaze as her hands were moving in frantic moments before she settled herself into an empty table, talking with the person, her gaze stayed glued on the screen, I wasn't able to read, her frame hid the screen from me. Nodding at particularly no one, Miracle was smiling, eyes brimming through tears, she flaunted her dazzling smile.

My heart constricted as one lone tear escaped her eye, grinning, she wipe it off her eyes in hast.

"Is she crying?" Fergal murmured softly, apparently all were now witnessing my mate with anxious curiosity.

"Then she is grinning, I—don't understand."

My eyes stayed on her as she continued to talk on the call, whosoever it was, she was happy to talk to. The real self of a person is how dramatic they can be leaving the bonds of maturity behind when they talk to someone who is close to them.

Her sailing hands, making patterns in air, her wide smile, and glistering eyes, all were screaming, she was talking to someone, she sees special.

My heartbeats hiked, I knew it was the effect of hers' on mine. I sighed deep, waiting for her to return, to know what was making her feel so much.

She feels deeply for someone.

Could be someone from family!

Royce just growled in displeasure, although, it was immature but sharing her with anyone was an unappealing idea and one can't blame him since it's what our nature.

Our mate is ours.

Blocking him off, I found the call disconnected before she stared on the screen, placing the mobile on table.

Miracle hid her face into her palms as she composed herself; her face wasn't needed when through my heartbeat I could feel the heaviness was settling in her heart. Grief, sadness, excitement and melancholy were ruling there. She stood before rubbing off the traces of wetness from her face, clutching the laptop open; she made her way inside the parlor.

The door opened, people behaved like they never witnessed her moment, she flaunted her dazzling smile and her eyes first found mine first then others.

"Is everything all right Bambi?" Dexter broke the trance of tranquility which was just a mask.

"No." she paused serious while others frowned, my eyes stayed on her face.

A moment passed in anticipation before her smile broke into a huge grin as she came closer before announcing.

"My lifeline gave me the biggest news."

"Lifeline?"

"Uncle Prince!" Tiara squealed and turning to Miracle, they both started to grin.

Uncle Prince?

"Prince is my brother, my younger brother." She clarified to the bemused faces.

Oh!

"You have a brother."

Niera bobbled her head before she announced with a proud smile.

"What happened to him?" Theo asked, annoyed by the suspense her silence was creating for us.

"Gentlemen, I'm here to share the biggest news and my heartfelt happiness with you all. My brother topped the Chartered accountant examination. He just gave me the news and it's a big—huge—um, I'm just so happy." Her smile flattered with fumbled words at the end.

The frowns ruling people's faces, turned with the breeze of air with her announcement, Revin stood making his way to her, his intention was to hug her but hesitation glowed in his features whereas Tiara jumped to her legs.

The grin on Niera's face wasn't leaving her side while others praised her, congratulated her.

It was either me or just my faith, the smile on her face was hollow something, she was happy but sadness was also there.

I wonder why?

Once she settled back on her seat, her eyes found mine again; I offered her smile with a nod which she returned.

"So you both siblings are intelligent." Dexter probed, smiling at my delirious mate who grew a little flushed at the compliment.

"Yes, he is."

Typical sister!

I chuckle at Royce's comment.

"Prince is far more focused on his work. In a phase where people bow down to the failure and change path, it's not easy to stick with your goal. After so much of dedication and devotion, he finally has achieved what he wished, we wished. It's a huge thing." She murmured with a wistful smile, lost in her own thoughts, I found her talking to herself than any other.

She is trying to make herself believe he succeeded.

No, she is trying to believe that this moment is real.

Sometimes the trick of life makes you baffled, you wait a long time for something to happen, the time teaches you so much, but the longer the period, the thread of hope weaken.

Disappointment after disappointments, you work but lose that faith, the optimism to such an extinct, that when finally the moment arrives, you forget what exactly the joy of success means. The success losses its essence, its meaning in your eyes.

I wonder, if now that really matters.

"Hard work always pays off Niera." I heard Gerard, his words drifted toward me. I sighed hoping her to believe.

"Yes, it does."

"Congratulations Miss. William." Theo announced, Niera smiled murmuring a thank you with gratitude.

"Aunt Bambi, party!" Tiara squeal, Miracle faced her with the smile.

"Of course!"

"Can I order anything?" the little child blinked her eyes, shone in enthrallment.

Niera copied her, "Anything."

"So let's change the orders, what say Aunt Bambi?"

"Of course! And no, no pizzas for you little Devil." She agreed enthusiastically while denying what was in Tiara's mind.

"Not fair, Aply!" Tiara found me with her doe like pleading eyes, whilst my mate had her steely gaze daring to cross her into this.

Now decide King.

"How about you have ice cream after this lunch?"

"Yay!" I heaved a sigh when Tiara forgot about the treat and my mate smirked in delight.

"Even the Kings bow down in front of their Queen." I growled at the statement which became a reason for Gerard to smirk at my expense.

"Don't you think, you're too much smiling on my expense now these days, Gerard?"

"My apologies Majesty. But as the Royal Guardian, my sincere and honest services are on Queen's favor." He smirked, stating.

"Very well."

He chuckled while I scowled at him. And I scowl again when the server placed the plate in front of me, but to my comfort I wasn't alone, my mate had the same faint scowl which she concealed and blew a smile at my way.

The lunch concluded comfortably, I had no news of that pest apart from the last point where she was looming like death on the outskirts of Woods.

It was a relief, she hasn't initiated her search on Miracle, just yet but I wasn't sure until when. My skull was busting looking into the matter; so much was there to take in such less time.

"Mr. Val—Gideon!" my worries flee, my lips curved as my mate called me, her stuttering corrected, she remembered what she was asked for.

I turned to face her.

After the lunch, Dexter took her with him so that we could talk with Fergal. The conversation couldn't be done in front of her so she left with Dexter and Tiara.

"Yes, Niera." She blinked as the name rolled off my lips but composing herself she started into my eyes.

"Thank you for the lunch but I thought it as on me." I smiled at her words.

What's the difference when you're mine!

"It makes no difference, Niera. And you gave others treat."

"Just the ice creams and brownies treat, which you didn't have." Her brows raised but realization faded it.

"Neither do you." I pointed out.

"You don't like sweet," she countered.

"But you do, still you didn't have." I spoke and her eyes widened, apparently she might not have expected someone to notice this.

"I just don't feel like having it then." She averted her eyes from mine, she was afraid, I would read her eyes, the uneasiness she was hiding.

"Then let's have it now." I offered, as we walked to the exteriors of the premises.

"But where will we find it, here?"

"You want it?" I countered, I found her gaze searching the whole premises, finding only trees and bushes on plain grounds.

"I would like to, if you can arrange Mr. Majest—Gideon." She concealed her smile when my heated gaze shot to her.

"Is that a challenge?"

She shook her head as we walked ahead, "No it wasn't. We'll have it some other day."

The concrete path ahead of us was deserted, one side was the shadows of huge building and the other side greeted with huge trees. The breeze was soft and cool against the glaring sun casting its yellow glow. The heartbeats of my mate were plain soft, in a rhythm like a melody of my choice.

"Why are we walking on the road?"

"Why, can't we?" I countered.

"No we can, it's just—"

"You wanted to ask something in Dexter's office." I reminded her, her steps flattered as her gawking gaze found the side of my face; I continued to walk enjoying her surprising company.

"Um! Will you answer?"

I sighed before facing her; my fingertips itch to remove the tendril falling on her glowing cheek.

"I will answer all your queries; all your questions will have my answers." I repeated what I have already told her.

She gulped nodding like a doll before continued to walk, the moment spent in her musing, her phrasing her words to present to me.

"Alici—I mean Princess Alicia," she halted as she dragged her words with hesitation. My nod encouraged her to go on.

It was clear as the calm, she'll have her queries regarding Alicia, her retorts and questions thrown on Dexter were clear to me, even through the sealed cabin. I could feel the desperation in her, I remember my decision of revealing Alicia after the Supernatural truth, but the desperation of hers' defeated my intention.

"Why she is so important?"

I never expected her to be so blunt, she is observant, she has proved but bluntness is another tactic of her I wasn't expecting.

"For any Kingdom, the one holding the Royal throne is consequential, Niera."

"The throne is yours—You're the King." The frown on her forehead gave away the confusion she held on my statement.

I nodded.

"Yes, I'm."

"Everything is on her name, the business, the properties all around the world, even the charity organizations all around the world are on her. You—"

"—Have everything on her name." I completed for her. The golden rays on her glowing face did magic, like an ethereal canvas she was like a living masterpiece.

She nodded meekly, unable to comprehend where this was taking us.

I shook my thoughts off before answering her.

"I have, because that's what I wanted. She is the only one I have as mine. Long back, when I had nothing, she was there, so when I earned it all, I wanted her to own and name it all."

"She is your lucky charm?" she asked, curious glint was present in her eyes.

"She is my only family, Niera." I corrected her, the sadness she might have read in my eyes as her smile slipped off, leaving her in grief.

My warm hand, then was engulfed in her comparative cold one's, squeezing them, she offered smile. The moment I was lost in her enchantment, the mate of mine had her own wounds but she never step away from putting smile and courage in people around her.

My lips curved followed her, as we shared a moment, under the glow of nature. The moment was blissful until, her cheeks grew pink, she flushed knocked out our close position, I took a step toward her, kissing her through my eyes; a gasp escaped her like my kiss made effect on her. Before laughing softly, she lowered her gaze, hiding her joy from me.

For what she was hiding, I'm aware of her each heart beat. How I wished to bring her close in my embrace.

"I think I should go back, Jerry and others must be waiting." She murmured but her grip on my hand was telling another story, I concealed my smile, teasing her I took a step back and the reaction was marvelous when her smile turned upside down.

She is a maze, I wondered in bliss.

Her grip loosened from mine, she took a step back, my mate knew how to throw me in bemusement.

"Take care of yourself, and don't you dare take stress and increase your BP. Whatever is bothering you, will be solved, you're not alone. So, don't dwell on every problem." She spoke sternly. I stared her keenly with concealed smile, an Alpha was being scolded, my heart swelled because somewhere I knew the hollowness has finally started to fill.

Royce purred in delight.

She waited for my response, with a nod; I gave her assurance, which brought her to smile in delight. Pleased she took the turn only to sprint back.

"Congratulations Niera. His success is yours too." I said, she just smiled, looking down before meeting my gaze, with a wistful smile, she spoke, "Thank you."

"Your treat is due, Mr. Majesty. See you soon." Her rich innocent laughter rang around providing joy to the surroundings. Her steps were quick to the entrance, while I stood shaking my head at the Miracle of mine.

I won't dwell on each problem, but will keep an eye over one which is most important to deal with—finish with.

***

The greenery and touch of nature is a healer, out of all the treatments, the natural touch of environment can do wonders. Since ages, the company of nature healed all my wounds, on my body or on my heart.

With each step, I felt the earth thundered beneath my paws, I ran higher after touching the grounds. New energy was rushing through me, like new life was taking breath, until I slowed down.

I stood closer to outskirts, staring at the trees in bliss, which has become my companion from a long time. The tranquil silence provided me the noise which I seek to hear in my own melancholy.

'Majesty, apologies for the intervention. But Miss. William is on her way to the outskirts, she is coming deep to your current position, you want me to call Jerr—'

'Let her Fergal.' I cut the link, I knew she would come, the time of solace she needed, she would come.

The soft rustling of the dry leaves crushed on the ground, resonated. One step after the other, I felt her coming closer. Her heartbeats announced her presence before she stepped near me.

"Miracle!" the soft whisper of her was different, heavy overwhelmed.

I turned only to catch her as she threw herself on me, clutching neck; she tiptoed to hide her face in my furs.

I growled softly, suddenly agitated to see her shaking as she drew me closer to her embrace.

"Hi!" she created a distance between and waved. The dazzling smile of her in tacked on her lips as she came closer.

"I was wondering if I could meet you." She murmured softly, I huffed and she smiled sheepishly.

"You look radiant today." She pointed out as she with hesitation raised her hand to touch me, I closed the distance only to jerk her hand at the tinkles evoke between us.

Her giggles rang like melody before she settled herself, her head on me while I rested one paw on her, securing her to me.

"Prince got rank one in state, he cleared another step toward his dream, our dream." She initiated, her voice was no more than whisper, like more to me; she was talking with herself.

"I'm happy, I'm but—the excitement is missing, I'm proud of him but my heart is weeping, why this moment looks incomplete." She asked raising her eyes to me, all my doubts and speculations turned true. Grief is hidden behind her smile.

Settling more into me, she was ruffling the furs between her fingers.

"Some moments in life matters only when they are shared with people who are close. Success, happiness, pain and sorrow, they when alone just feel hollow, and they have their own importance when you have your loved ones are there."

"You know life is complicated, it makes you grind, let you burn, melt in your struggle. We do, we do it all, just to live that moment of success, but then—" she stopped, moving away her gaze to the dry ground of the Woods with us; her heavy tone gave away the pain residing in her heart.

"I'm happy, I'm very happy, my baby brother has made me proud today, very proud." Her voice went thick with emotions, the emotions, coming out now which she was hiding until now from displaying to people around.

"But I feel, hollow, the same hollow which he must be feeling. Because he has no one to share his happiness with him, he has me, but I'm far away from him. He must be yearning someone, to hold, to pat his back, to hug him tight, to speak praises for him. But unfortunately, he is alone there. You know Miracle; he just messaged me, the details so that I can see the result before him. He didn't saw it himself, burning in anxiety, he waited for him to call him." Her chuckles overpowered her speech; her tone gave away the heaviness of her heart.

"I know he is a moron, my smart moron." A laugh escaped her lips between her tears.

"But I'm so happy, I could give him this, just if I could be with him, to share that loneliness, to be a part of his success." She revealed her wish; she leaned into me, lost in her own words.

I never knew the naïve girl, I have met, the one I have known as fragile and kind heart will think so deeply. Her sorrow for not being able to be with her brother is deep, paining her.

Does the bond between sibling is this strong? I had no answer for Royce's question because I never experienced what it means, how it mattered.

I turned only to cause her fall on my lap, her tear stricken face, red nose and tinted cheeks were on display.

Nothing can pain more than the tears of someone who you see as your life.

I want control, King! Royce didn't wait but snatched control.

Squeals of surprise rippled from her lips as Royce descended only to lick her cheeks, wiping the tears off.

Her teary gaze sparkled as she gasped, staring into our golden brown orbs.

"You can't see me cry." She murmured softly before her lips curved into a small smile.

The response she received was a soft growl vibrating through our chest which made her giggle before she pulls herself to our neck, "Thank you."

Her giggles reach my ears like melody. One paw found her back, pulling her closer.

"You know talking to you makes me feel so good and light." Creating distance between she spoke.

"Like half of my problems are solved, is this too a magic of your enchanted world?" her twinkling eyes narrowed at the query, a chuckled escaped us, she shivered with a gasp.

"Maybe." She whispered, her eyes bore into mine, as she smiled.

"Majesty Creature of mine."

*~*

NIERA'S POV

There is a time when you can't comprehend whether you're dreaming or it's real, it's the time when you should wake up!

Eyes stirred, heaviness faded, brutally I was pushed to consciousness when I was unwilling to leave dark valleys.

When I woke you, I was on the couch, fumbling through the memories I tried to recall when I slept. The weather outside was stormy, hard clouds were hovering over night, next I saw the clock, it was late evening. Pressing my forehead with my fingertips, I tried to recall. No one was at sight, neither Jerry nor Tiara. The quietness seems like biting me.

Last I remember, my meet with my Miracle, the burden and heaviness in my heart was suffocating but once I was out with it, I felt light and soothing, like he was listening, he was intently, like reading me, he was sharing my pain, grief. I smiled grateful, at his comforting honest company.

Straightening my limps, I got up and made my way to hear distinct bickering, from faint squeals I padded to the source, opening the front door, I went outside in the lawn, instantly regretting not getting shawl.

"Aunt Bambi!" I was attacked by my Tiger, taking her in my arms, I walked to Jerry and Fergal who sat on grass with faint smiles plastered on their faces.

"You're awake, feeling hungry." Jerry asked as I sat next to him, next I was offered a shawl from him, with a grateful smile, I wrapped it around me.

"When did I doze off?" I asked receiving mute shrugs.

"Alpy got you." Tiara muttered amazed, her wide eyes went wider, like recalling the moment.

I shrieked silently, cringed at the fair idea, "Mr. Valentine?"

"Your Majestic Creature." Jerry piped in and my heart which was in my throat went back to rig cage, the mere thought left me mortified crimson of him carrying me here.

"So I might be dozed off talking to—" my whispered were hummed by two throats which I felt like hiding from.

"Let's go in, she is freezing. Niera, you go change till, I heat the dinner." I nodded before getting inside.

Locking the door, I moved to the mirror, the crimson flush on my cheeks was an unconscious reminder which wasn't ready to leave me, the moment I shared with Gideon and his pain, instantly, I felt heaviness settling inside me.

The pain was evident, so was sadness, it shook me to see pain in his eyes.

There is so much!

I heaved a sigh, taking the remembrance of his smile, I moved away from mirror.

The aroma of food greeted my nostrils as I walked to dining table; the wounds of my foot were strangely almost invisible and neglect-able.

I sat and served us all with Jerry, Tiara for a change, sat on her father's lap which made Jerry and I smile.

The dinner was comfortable until I realized something.

"Jerry, I'll have—"

"Salads?" he asked and I cringe.

"What?"

"Nothing, Miss. William, please continue." Fergal waved gesturing to the food.

"Do you have Mr. Valentine's number?" I asked hesitantly, the spoons which were on their way to the awaiting mouths, stopped like hijacked, I cringed.

"Yes." Fergal said before with a smile, thrusting his free hand in his pocket, he passed me his phone.

Offering him a smile of gratitude, I excused myself.

Walking toward the open window, I leaned against the panel, staring at the black angry sky; I waited for the call to be picked up.

I bit my lips, anxious what will I respond when he'll pick the call. But it all I forgot when finally he picked up.

"Fergal" his raspy husky tone greeted me, I stayed quiet, for once I thought to disconnect but my ears yearned to hear him.

"Niera" I let the gasp escape my lips when he said my name and hear him sigh, I knew Mr. King was smiling from the other side and my neck and cheeks heated.

"Mr. Majesty" I said and hear him growl softly, resulting me in chuckle.

"Gideon for you." His stern tone rang into my ears, placing my hand on my lips, I laughed quietly.

Sobering, I cleared my throat, "Had dinner?"

He answered swiftly, "Have you?"

"Just having." He hummed in response.

"Don't exert yourself much, have proper dinner and sleep, okay?" I heard him heaving a sigh, while I awaited an affirmative response.

"You too." I nodded but face palmed when realized he can't see me nodding.

"Good night." I softly murmured.

We both waited after a minute he killed the call, pressing the device in my neck, I composed myself, and walked back to the dinner table.

Returning the mobile to Fergal I took my seat, dinner passed with comfort, occasion topic were discussed and enjoyed with occasionally Jerry's giggle like an retard which he stifles at my glare, turning me crimson with blush since I knew why my friend was getting maniac attacks.

After dinner, I helped Jerry to clean up but he dismissed me, for the wounds of mine, I could feel his gaze was questioning, regarding the source but I stayed quiet in absence of any response.

So I let him moving aside, Fergal helped him, I was comfortable with his presence and he too was considerate, the lethal; demeanor I witnessed as his first impression couldn't be washed so easily but still, he was very calm and civil.

"I guess we should call it a day." Jerry announced, suggested only to earn a stern gaze from Tiara who was settled comfortably on her father's lap.

"No, I want story, Aunt Bambi." She squeals giving me all her pleading innocent eyes, pretentious devil, drama monster!

"No, you already gave her a tiresome day. No stories for today." Fergal spoke, Tiara was about to rebel, it was in her eyes but she turned to her father, the conversation of eyes took them on trance before her face bobbled with an excited squeal agreeing without a riot.

Blinking, I so wanted to throttle who taught them this new way of communication.

I also want to learn!

"Miss. William, please take rest. She'll be with me tonight." He stated softly and with a soft nod and smile I agreed.

I turned only to halt. I was staying in Sahira's room, which with a lot of persuasion, Jerry made me stay in. In his opinion, I was on Sahira place and I took it, but now Fergal must be staying there, I presume.

Like the dilemma of mine was read, Jerry came to place his hand on my shoulder with a knowing smile.

"I'll take guest room." I whispered to him softly, his brows squinted at this.

"Why?"

I gestured him to Fergal who was hearing us intently.

"I'll stay with Tiara." Fergal offered to reduce my discomfort.

"No that's fine. I have no problem."

"Neither do I, please, Miss. William, we insist." My further reasoning stopped at this, nodding I wished them and pecking on Tiara's forehead, I left.

Walking back to the room, I sighed; my thoughts broke when the chiming of my cell phone resonated around.

After coming back, I left it to charge.

Disconnecting the charger, I activated the screen, frowning at the series of notifications brimming on the screen. Messages from my people back from home, emails and missed calls.

One specific gained my attention, scowling I checked, a private number.

The message was from it, opening I read it.

Good night, Niera.

— Gideon

I laughed out loud; the man messaged his greetings with his private number. My smile found frown, when another I opened,

Now you have my number. You can reach me anytime.

— G

I grumbled at his etiquette before chuckling aloud.

Shaking my head, I went through the messages, all of them congratulating me for my Baby Brother's success, I couldn't be happier.

Until,

One mail left me in the mist of misery.

The Cryptic Friend!

***

August 24, 2018

When there is wait, it takes away the element of joy, sometimes, sometimes, it just increase many fold.

I leave it to you to ponder over.

Super long!

Finally the name that was mystery for her is here; revealed for her to calm all her curiosity and from the One promised her to answer her all what she desires to know.

But will this curiosity take halt?

Now the real hurdles start, for Gideon, it's Lamia and for Niera, it's her Mysterious friend.

What could he ask her for, what will she do?

How Gideon is going to tackle Lamia?

How did you find Fergal?

How was our Miss. Strict restricting Mr. Majesty?

I hope you enjoyed. Let me know, how it was.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 11.9K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
145K 6.3K 58
Book 1 of The Secrets of Spiritwood - Complete Carter Jones had spent her entire life in Spiritwood, until the day her father finds himself in hot wa...
77.4K 4K 69
[BOOK #2 OF THE AWARD-WINNING EPSILON SERIES!] ❝I hate him. He's crude. Arrogant. Vile. I hate him so much that sometimes, when I look at him, I can...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...