Falling for my boss ✔️

Door Saaraaaxy

bubbly person A x stern person B ship 10k on 13/7/2019!! ♡♡♡ Sara Atkins just wants to start anew. No Noah an... Meer

Prologue - The Interview
The cast
Chapter 1 - Meeting the boss
Chapter 2 - Advances
Chapter 3 - Mr. Beaumont's past
Chapter 4 - Cheating husband
Chapter 5 - Lunch with my boss
Chapter 6 - I'm attracted to you
Chapter 7 - It's never enough
Chapter 8 - The Devils
Chapter 9 - Please give me a chance
Chapter 10 - Worth it
Chapter 11 - Family's opinion
Chapter 12 - The morning after
Chapter 13 - How could you do this to me?
Chapter 14 - Heartbreak
Chapter 15 - Bleeding heart
Chapter 16 - Death anniversary
Chapter 17 - Fighting spirit
Chapter 18 - Game plan
Chapter 19 - I miss you
Chapter 20 - Forgiveness
Chapter 21 - Reunion
Chapter 23 - Divorced?
Chapter 24 - The first date
Chapter 25 - I'm crazy for doing this
Chapter 26 - Birthday surprise
Chapter 27 - Famous couple
Chapter 28 - A falling out
Chapter 29 - Double date trouble
Chapter 30 - My little boy
Chapter 31 - Mentally damaged
Chapter 32 - Home sweet home?
Chapter 33 - Don't you dare
Chapter 34 - Stay in your lane
Chapter 35 - Our future
Chapter 36 - Revelation
Chapter 37 - Ambushed
Chapter 38 -Bienvenue à la maison!
Chapter 39 - Michael's home
Chapter 40 - Watching your every step
Chapter 41 - They know everything
Chapter 42 - A baby?
Chapter 43 - Ups and downs
Chapter 44 - Loving vacation
Chapter 45 - Opening up
Chapter 46 - Our big day
Chapter 47 - Family
Chapter 48 - Approval
Chapter 49 - I'm home!
Chapter 50 - Cuddled up
Chapter 51 - I desire you
Chapter 52 - May I ask for her hand?
Chapter 53 - The culprit
Chapter 54 - Will you ... ?
Chapter 55 - Hide!
Chapter 56 - Did you bug me?
Chapter 57 - Big events
Chapter 58 - Time to go home
Chapter 59 - Sexual discoveries
Chapter 60 - What a first day
Chapter 61 - House viewing
Chapter 62 - And here's why
Chapter 63 - Let me clear your head
Chapter 64 - Our perfect home
Chapter 65 - Let's settle this in court
Chapter 66 - First-degree attempted murder
Chapter 67 - Celebrating
Chapter 68 - Moving time
Chapter 69 - Wedding preparations
Chapter 70 - Therapy session
Chapter 71 - I deserve happiness
Chapter 72 - Darkness
Chapter 73 - Empty
Chapter 74 - Why would you do that?
Chapter 75 - Adrenaline
Chapter 76 - Coma
Chapter 77 - Slow recovery
Chapter 78 - A moment of happiness
Chapter 79 - Soon married
Epilogue - The wedding
Afterword
NEW BOOK
Extra chapter - The Beaumont's
Sequel is live!!!

Chapter 22 - His ex-wife

2.5K 94 1
Door Saaraaaxy

♡    

Eleanor's POV

Red lipstick?

I applied another careful layer of the Channel lipstick and eyed myself in my pocket mirror.

Check.

Big, dramatic eyes?

Check. Grey really brought out my eyes.

Skirt that barely covers my butt?

I glanced down at the red tight leather skirt and fishnet stockings.

Check.

Sleek, brushed back hair?

Check.

Blonde hair falling down my back?

Check.

Was my white blouse unbuttoned enough?

Eh, another button wouldn't hurt. I quickly undid it.

Check.

Racy underwear?

Check.

A fresh manicure and pedicure?

Check.

Valetino high heels?

Check.

I was ready to ruin lives.

"We are here, Miss", my driver, Richard announced. The elderly man glanced back at me through the mirror. He seemed to scan me.

I raised a brow. "Is something the matter, Richard?"

"Why are we here again? Your father has enough business bonds and much more money than Michael Beaumont does, Miss. You don't need him to be successful." He halted. "Except, maybe you are still-"

"Enough. It's none of your business", I cut him off sharply.

"I apologize Miss."

He got out and opened the door for me. I slipped into my Balmain coat and put on my Louis Vuitton sunglasses. The more dramatic I looked, the better.

Michael's security guard opened the door for me, greeting me with a deep nod. The moment I slipped inside, I caught him saying something into his microphone.

My presence was announced to the world that had once been mine: Michael himself.

The reception instantly greeted me, hurried to my side to take my coat.

How I loved the power of my father's name. They dropped everything for me and me only.

I took off my coat and held it in front of me. One staff took it immediately. "Miss Hawkins, it's a pleasure to welcome you to Beaumont Enterprise", the petite woman said with a played niceness.

I had to give it to Michael, his staff was always dressed modern and fashionable, especially the receptionists. Most of them wore scarfs with his brand's logo on it.

"It's a pleasure for me to be back", I fleetly smiled at her. "Is Michael in?"

"What did I do to deserve that frown from you, Mike?", I asked amused, posing against the doorframe. I brought out my hip and eyed him. I almost licked my lips.

He was still deliciously handsome, trained and manly. Michael still had this dangerous and rough look of manliness on him, a stern face, muscles which exploded underneath his shirt and his deep rumbling voice was the cherry on top.

Of course my ex partner dressed in the most expensive get-up as usual, I had never seen him wear something cheap and thank god I didn't!

God when I just thought back to the times he would let out his steam on me.

"What do you want? I'm busy", he growled, not even addressing me at all. Michael scanned the papers in his hands, moved to the shelves to his right and drew out some files.

I stalked over to him, running my hand down his muscular back.

He tensed up and in a split second, I found my hand in his tight grasp.

Michael finally met my eyes. Piercing. Sharp. Disapproving. An aggressive expression filled his face. I didn't let that get to me. He was playing hard to get.

"You know what I want, honey. You."

"And you know I don't want to give that to you", Michael flicked my hand away. He went behind his desk.

I sat down in front of him, crossing my legs. "Are you still mad because of the Vanity affairs?"

He let out a breathy laugh, one that came through his nose. "I'm not mad I lost you, to clarify things. I'm mad you ruined my image by crawling onto any men's lap that night."

"Should have pleased me", I drew out.

A heavy brow of his rose up and he shook his head. "Please the woman who went behind my back to steal my credit card and spend a million dollars for no reason? Please the woman who was a mere business bond to benefit the Hawkins' and the Beaumont's? I think the fuck not."

"You are hurting me", I cried playfully, laid a hand on my heart. My hand slipped down and unbuttoned another button. He didn't even follow my hand movement. "Admit it Mike, we loved each other. You are just playing hard to get."

"I don't know what made you even think I even liked you remotely, Eleanor."

"We were married. We had the biggest wedding of the year. We were everywhere! Any news outlet covered our story! You kissed me. You smiled at me."

"I tried to get my money's worth. My mother and I invested a good sum for one year of marriage."

"Don't you think we did the same?" He ignored it. "You loved me."

"No, Eleanor, I didn't. I forced myself to act like that. I pushed you away the whole year long. It kept mother off my back. I endured the year and divorced you immediately, just like the contract had said we should. I got the money from your father and we both got the media attention we had needed."

"That was in the past."

"Exactly, it was years ago, and it should stay that way", Michael sharply replied, reading the papers in his hands. "Now leave."

"How can you be so cold? I truly loved you, Mike", I ran my hand down his arm. "I tried to be a good wife."

Michael put my hand away. "By cheating, stealing and lying? Leave my office before I have to call Angus."

I frowned. "Why would you drag my father into this?"

"Because he himself agreed to never allow you to be in a relationship with me again, after the way you acted." Michael smiled, content with himself. "Now our secret is out; what a bummer. Daddy Angus is against Michael after he served his purpose. He wants somebody better for his little girl who loves the fame."

"I don't love the fame, Mike. I love the advantages of it."

"That's why you have this illusion in your head that you love me", he pointed out, picking up his phone. "You loved the idea of 'Eleanor Hawkins-Beaumont and her rich husband Michael Beaumont, the collaboration between Hawkins Enterprise and Beaumont Enterprise, America's strongest, richest banks and financial institutions.' Am I wrong?"

I grinded my teeth.

"Yes, it's me Angus. I know it has been long and I'll make it court. Pick up your daughter for me, will you?"

As I left his office I forced myself to put on a façade.

Two women went towards me and one eyed me curiously, instantly noticing I didn't belong here. I wiped my mouth and winked at her.

The more stories the world hears about, the better. Rumours always sparked the paparazzi's interest.

I snickered as she jolted into his office.

Either you took me back the peaceful way, or I would ruin your life, Michael.

It's your decision to make.

"Eleanor." I tried not to sigh at dad's stern tone.

"Yes daddy?"

"What were you doing at Michael's? I told you a long time ago not to bother him anymore, and I hate it when my words get ignored."

"I know and I'm sorry", I softly purred. I knew he couldn't scold me. "It's just, I miss my Michael."

"What part do you miss?", he sounded surprised.

"Well, everything."

It stayed quiet for a long while.

"I truly think your mother needs to teach you a lesson in love. What you feel for Michael is not love, Eleanor."

"And you would know that?", I barked.

"Well, I have a wife of almost 40 years, five children with her and my eldest just had his first child. I think I know what love feels like. Now, go home, I'm awaiting you. You are stripped off your driver for a month, just so you know."

"Why?", I cried furiously into the phone.

"We'll talk at home. I can't leave you out of my eyes for a minute and you are already running to Michael to annoy him. You embarrassed the man and shamed your own name, as well as mine. How are you not feeling dumb for running back into his company?"

"I did nothing wrong!"

"You acted like a whore. You took his money. My company dropped four places due to your behaviour and to this day, people still confront me with that. You did everything wrong, child. Now, Richard is waiting for you. You better be home on time or else."

He hung up.

I threw my phone onto the ground and smashed it into pieces.

Now I would surely drag Michael into the mud. He was the reason I had acted like that! He had neglected me!

I knew the contract had said just to act like a couple in public, but to live our own lives in private. He had taken that serious to the point we hadn't even lived together. We had been married on paper but nothing else.

The looks he had given me in public had made me hopeful, but in the end he hadn't meant for this to happen.

How I hated his guts.

Sara's POV

Michael frowned heavily once he finished the story. There was a hurtful expression in his eyes, because the story continued with my outburst in his office and it hurt him to think about it.

I was left without words. "That's ... wow."

"I know. The bad thing is, this happens every year since our divorce. She could go after any other business man, but she knows the press will be glued onto us if there is even a hint of a reunion. Our divorce was the drama five years ago."

"Along with the biggest wedding of the year", I added.

He huffed. "Thank god I didn't pay a cent. It was huge. I didn't know half the people, it was a loud, jam-packed wedding which lasted almost ten hours. I had to fake being the happiest man for that day and the moment we entered the car, I forced the driver to drop me off at home immediately."

"Where did you get married?"

"Italy. Venice."

"How romantic", I said before I could stop myself.

"The wedding is the reason I hate that city", he grumbled. "It's too expensive. Too exquisite. We married as if we were royals and not normal people. But in Eleanor's mind we are royals, due to our money and status. She loved the image of me and I despised that."

Michael kissed my hair. "But you are so different. You like me for who I am and not what I am."

"I'll be honest; I could never fake any feelings just for money." In his arms, I felt alive, safe, loved. He made me laugh, he cared for me, he adored me. What else could a woman wish for? He went after every wish of mine, he protected me, he held me in his arms, he listened to me when I needed him.

He talked about having a family with me.

"What ...", I looked away but continued with my question. "What would our wedding look like?"

His hug got tighter and he beamed at me as I met his eyes. "I would pick a destination we both agree on. We would invite the people we know and love. A private wedding. Big enough for our taste. Decorations that we agree on. A wedding that would be special for us, on a date that is special to us only. We would dance, laugh, enjoy ourselves while being surrounded by the people we love."

I buried my head in his chest. "White decorations-"

"With jewel tones", he finished. We smiled at each other. "I would incorporate your culture in it too", he brushed my cheek. "Austrian and Bosnian."

"With French and American", I added, laughing. "How will that work out?"

"It will be just fine; I mean, look at us."

I had to smile at that.

"After we marry, we will move in together and start making children." I laughed as he eagerly continued. "At least six."

"Six!? You are out of your mind!"

"Eight then!"

"Michael!", I took a pillow and hit his face. "I'm the one pressing them out!"

"Ok, ok, you are right ... Four."

"Give me a break!", I huffed as he pressed me close to him.

"Our children are going to be something special. They'll speak four languages; can you imagine that?"

Oh, he was right.

If I really married him one day and had children with him, we had to teach them English first, then both our mother tongues and eventually German when we visited my parents and sister in Austria.

Slow down Sara! You just got back together, and you are already imagining a married life with him!

But a brown-haired baby with his blue eyes, or a blonde-haired baby with my brown eyes – wouldn't that be cute?

Sara Beaumont did have a nice ring to it ...

"But", I stopped our eager plans. "I'm still married."

His expression dropped. "Oh yeah. Fuck's sake."

"And we just got reunited", I looked him in the eyes. "We aren't even dating, Michael."

"I have to disagree. We kissed. I slept at yours. I drive you to work. We go jogging together."

"But we didn't have any dates. We barely do something outside of work!"

"Then we'll change that!"

Michael got up and extended his hand.

I took it confused.

We stood in front of each other. His hands rested on my shoulders. My breath hitched as he held my eyes sturdily. Would I ever get used to his dreamy eyes?

"Friday night at my place. I'll make pasta and we'll Netflix and Chill."

Heat shot to my cheek. The audacity of this guy! "I will not Netflix and Chill with you!"

"Why not!?", he asked offended, clear stubbornness on his face.

"Just because you are my 'boyfriend', handsome and have money doesn't mean I'll sleep with you!", I grumbled with red cheeks.

He looked at me as if I was dumb. "When had I asked you for sex?"

"Don't you know what Netflix and Chill means?", I asked as equally judging.

He looked angry that I made him look dumb. "To lean back and chill together, to watch some series or a movie!"

"Where did you hear that phrase?", I asked calmly.

"From your co-workers. Philipp says he does it all the time with Jessica."

My shoulders dropped.

"You are really pretty."

"What's that supposed to mean!?", he asked in disbelieve.

"To Netflix and Chill means to fuck."

His shoulders dropped.

"Oh – I, fuck, I didn't mean that." He let go of me and patted the back of his head nervously. My eyes widened. Michael and nervous?

He coughed. "May I invite you to my place for some dinner and AHS?"

"You watch AHS?", I was flattered by his soft expression and redness on his cheeks.

"Oui."

"I don't believe you", I laughed. I threw my head back to meet his eyes.

I laid my hand on his stomach and he smiled sweetly. "Only if you pick me up."

"6 p.m. and I'm at yours."

"Also, how come you know I watch AHS?"

"Jessica told me", he beamed. "And she also told me you like wine. I have plenty of that."

This guy.

I tip-toed to reach his chin and kissed it. He swooped me into his arms.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

Thank god I had him back.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.7M 51.3K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
4.7M 222K 72
When plain simple nerdy Emma Cole goes to Hollen Tower for an interview she quickly realizes she is out of her league. The women of Hollen Tower are...
9K 770 22
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...
9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...