Falling for the Quarterback

Af brownhair_bronte

*This book has mature scenes* Hazel is the captain of the cheer leading team at South Ridge High. She isn't l... Mere

{"I don't want anything to do with him"}
{"I have something to blackmail you with"}
{"Relax"}
{"everyone has their secrets"}
{"hand in hand"}
{"one second"}
{"consequences"}
{"don't be a stranger"}
{"a long night"}
{"crazy"}
{"my worst fear"}
{"skeptical"}
{"Things are changing"}
{The Dinner Part 1}
{Dinner Part 2}
{"Confused"}
{"hot and sweaty"}
{"you didn't tell me"}
{"damnit"}
{"I can't get enough"}
{"seven"}
{"slightly concerning"}
{"That isn't important"}
{Valentines Day}
{The Baby Shower}
{"I said no"}
{"I'm fine"}
{"fair enough"}
{"I am not antisocial"}
{Hawaii Part I}
{Hawaii Part II}
{"I'm sorry"}
{"this is all my fault"}
{"The End"}
EPILOGUE
A/N
Sequel

{"I don't even like him"}

21.1K 330 167
Af brownhair_bronte

//Edited//

Saturday morning Harry and I go to Sophia's house. Claire is making me a birthday breakfast with all of my favorite breakfast foods, home made crepes, and croissants from my favorite bakery downtown. My mom made crepes a lot when I was little and I'm really grateful that Claire made them for me because it means a lot.

After breakfast, Sophia and I head to the mall to find the outfits we are going to wear to the club tonight. It doesn't take long for Sophia to find her outfit as any and everything looks gorgeous on her. I just haven't found anything that has caught my attention yet. We go into Nordstrom. This is the last store and my last chance at finding a dress. As we walk in we head straight for the dresses and I spot this beautiful, short, and very sexy black dress. It's the last one and it happens to be in my size.

"You have to try it on!" Sophia squeals desperatley in my ear.

"Okay fine" I chuckle and walk towards the dressing room.

I try the dress on and I have to admit, I look amazing. It fits my curves perfectly and gives a definite shape to my butt. It also has a fine slit in the middle showing just enough chest. I walk out to where Sophia is and do a little spin for her.

She cheers jumping up and down like a little kid. "You look gorgeous Haze you have to get it!"

"You're right, I love it" I smile smoothing my hands down the fabric of the dress.

I go to find a pair of black stilettos to match my outfit and then we check out and go back to Sophia's house to get ready since shopping had taken up most of our afternoon.

After killing a few hours laying around doing nothing, we eat and then finally start to get ready for the club. I make my part in the middle and straighten my dark brown hair because it looks better with the dress and then do my makeup.

"Oh by the way," Sophia starts as she curls her eyelashes. "I invited Austin so he could be our designated driver, I hope that's okay with you"

"The more the merrier" I shrug putting concealer under my eyes and blending it in.

Once I do my mascara, I finish off my look with my red lipstick. Me and Sophia put on our dresses and heels and then take some pictures together to post knowing we might be a little too drunk to do it later. Not soon after, we hear a knock on the door.

"That's our cue" Sophia says opening her bedroom door. We walk down the steps and open the door for Austin.

"You ladies look gorgeous tonight" He looks Sophia up and down and licks his lips. Sophia giggles and kisses his cheek.

"Okay while Austin removes your clothes with his eyes, I'm gonna go tell Claire and David that we're leaving so I will meet you guys in the car" I shove them out the doorway and walk into the living room to find David and Claire cuddling on the couch.

"Hey we are heading out" I announce making the two look behind them where I'm standing a few feet from the couch.

"Alright you girls have fun and happy birthday Hazel" David replies.

"Thank you!" I yell heading for the doorway. I walk down the steps and get into the backseat of Austins gray Jeep Wrangler.

"The party starts now" Sophia says handing me a small bottle of Hennessy. Our usual pregame bottle of alcohol.

"Hell yeah" I smile and throw my head back talking a large gulp of the dark brown liquid.

When we pull up to the club, the line is halfway down the block. Thanks to David we are able to walk right up to the front.

"Hey Joey!" Sophia screams over the music. Joey is a bouncer at a few of Davids' clubs we have been to. He's a big guy, really buff and stands stoic with his shiny bald head. His eyes are hard but as soon as he sees us they soften completely.

"Hey girls," he says smiling and opening the red rope. "have fun"

We walk inside and I'm taken back by how intense the scenery is. Red neon lights are the only thing keeping the place from being pitch black. There is a large dance floor but an even larger lounge area, with red velvet seating and a bar on the far right wall lined with every bottle of alcohol you could imagine. Definitely one of the nicer clubs David has gotten us into. 

We walk further inside, the music blaring and vibrations rupture through the bottom of my feet shaking my whole body. We move more towards the lounge area and immediately my eyes go straight to him.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I whisper yell to Sophia. She shrugs.

"I guess Austin invited him"

I don't miss that small curve of her lips as she follows Austin who is walking towards his friend. I wouldn't be surprised if she is the one who set this little thing up. I'll have some words with her later.

Austin and Logan greet each other and talk while Sophia and I dance and take videos with each other. It's a good distraction from Logan who fails to subtly look over at me every so often as my hips faintly sway to the music, but I try not to let it ruin my mood. Eventually Austin and Sophia go to the dance floor leaving me and Logan alone. 

By ourselves. 

Great. 

I finally allow myself to glance in his direction for longer than five seconds. He's wearing a tight white shirt that accentuates his arm muscles and does nothing to hide his six pack, and jeans that somehow perfectly hang on his hips. His body leans against a black painted column with a red solo cup in his hand. I quickly look away before he can notice that I've been staring.

I clear my throat and put my hands on my cheeks to try and get rid of the pink tint that creeped it's way up there. I definitely shouldn't have been staring at him and I mentally scold myself for thinking he's attractive. 

I need a drink.

"Want a drink?" 

My thoughts are quickly interrupted by his voice.

"Huh?" I ask snapping my head in his direction.

"I said do you want something to drink?" he says talking slower this time and overly pronouncing each word.

"I can get one myself " I decline his offer trying to shrug him off. I look over to my right watching a very short girl dancing with a very tall boy. Somehow they are making it work.

"Suit yourself captain"

"My name is-" I look over to find that he left before I could even finish my sentence. Rolling my eyes I take a deep breath and go to the bar. I order four shots of vodka and wait for them to get poured in front of me.

"Hazel?" I hear a familiar female voice from beside me. 

I turn to my left and see Miranda, one of the girls on the cheer team. "Hey!" I smile and give her a hug. 

"Are you here by yourself?" she questions in concern. She is like the mom of the group, definitely not the type to go to a club without being persuaded so I know she's here with some friends.

"No I'm here with Sophia" I reply just as one of the bartenders pours my four shots.

"Oh okay! Well if you guys need a ride home or anything just let me know!" she screams over the music and gives me another hug.

I thank her before she walks away and I turn back in front of me where my four shots of vodka are lined up. I down them quickly, scrunching my face after each one and then make my way to the dance floor.

I'm dancing with Sophia because Austin went to go find Logan I believe. Actually I don't know, I was too tipsy to even notice he was gone at first. Sophia and I dance together for a while before Austin comes back to find us and whispers something into Sophia's ear.

"Austin has an emergency at home and needs to go! Do you want him to take you home?" she yells over the music.

I wave my hand in her face. "No Soph go with him I just saw Miranda a few minutes ago I'll catch a ride with her!" I yell back to her. I'm not ready to go home just yet, I still feel like dancing the night away. Sophia smiles at me and pulls me in for a hug.

"Thanks babe you're the best! I will make it up to you I promise!" I smile back at her and then they turn around and leave.

I find Miranda on the dance floor with her and her group of friends that I don't believe go to our school. I dance with them for a while but soon I excuse myself and head to the bar for another drink. Miranda told me she would text me when they were getting ready to leave.

As I sit down, the bartender comes over to me. It's a different one from last time, he's really cute with green eyes and short curly blond hair. He doesn't look like he would be a bartender, he looks like he holds the door open for old ladies for a living.

"What can I get for you beautiful?" he asks flashing me a smile that is just as charming as his looks.

"Can I have a long island iced tea please?" I ask looking at him. Well more like admiring him. He's really cute.

"Coming right up gorgeous" he winks at me.

I watch him make my drink and admire his figure. He has the perfect amount of muscles, they are only noticeable through his tight black shirt if you look hard enough and I am definitely looking. I'm almost positive that I'm drooling. I check my mouth a few times before he comes back over and hands me my drink.

"Thank you" I smile at him. He flashes me a smile and hands me a napkin before walking away. I look down at the napkin.

I get off in ten. Hope to see you on the dance floor ;)

I smile to myself and start on my drink.

After I finish my drink which absolutely went straight to my head, I head back to the dance floor. Dancing is my favorite thing to do when I go to the club. I love it because I can just let myself loose and be free. Dancing is just something that comes naturally to me. Next to cheering it's my favorite thing to do.

While I'm dancing, I feel a guy come up behind me. It's way too dark to tell exactly who it is but I assume it's the bartender guy since that's what his note had intended. I smile and start dancing on him letting my body go with the rhythm of the beat. He's much taller than I thought and feels more muscular than what I saw. Even if it isn't the bartender guy, which judging by his features I don't think it is, I don't really care. Dancing with him feels too good to care about who he is. He grabs my waist and starts rocking with me.

We dance for a long time just grinding on each other and having a good time together. I have to admit, he is a really good dancer. It's almost like our bodies fit perfectly with each other the way they move together so smoothly. My back is against his hard abdomen and I lean my head back on his chest letting our hips move together while his hands travel my body. His large hands explore all over, moving from my hips to higher up on my waist, they lower down to my stomach and then find their way back to my hips. I close my eyes and put my arms around his neck enjoying the movement.

His hands feel good as they roam around my body and I find myself wanting to take this further. I'm not a stranger to one night stands, that's how I always satisfy my needs. But this guys feels a bit different. When his hands where on my stomach I felt something weird going on in there. I felt queasy but not in a 'I feel like I have to vomit' way. More like his hands caused flutters in my stomach, so many flutters that it made me queasy.

I've never felt it before, but I chose to ignore it, because it doesn't change anything. Just because my body feels different around this one person I don't even know, doesn't mean anything. I still don't want any kind of relationship with anyone. It's a waste of time and feelings,  I'm leaving in a year anyway.

I finally open my eyes and try to get a good look at his face, but it's so dark that the red neon lights only accentuates some of his features but not enough to make out his face. He has a really sharp jaw and defined cheekbones but that's really all I can see because he is staring ahead and I can only see the side of his face. I can't even tell what color his hair is, if he was blonde it would still look dark in this light.

Eventually he looks down at me and I see a big pair of gorgeous blue eyes. I stare into them completely mesmerized and finding it hard to look away, and he seems to stare back at me with just as much curiosity. My eyes zone in on the faint green specs that litter his irises and I can't help to be jealous that a person can have such a beautiful pair of eyes. 

One of the red neon strobe lights flash over his face so that I'm finally able to get a good look at it. I gasp, my hand flying over my mouth and my body instantly stills. My blood runs cold and my heart beats too fast to be considered healthy. I don't waste another second after realizing who I've been dancing with for I don't even know how long. I pull my body away from his and I spin around slightly tripping in my heels as I practically sprint off the dance floor . 

I put my hands over my hot cheeks repeatedly whispering to myself "Oh my god" as I head for the front door. Passing a concerned Joey, I walk outside desperately needing some form of fresh air. 

How could I have let that happen?

I sit on the sidewalk and put my hands over my face. I was so caught up in what I was feeling I didn't even connect the dots. Muscular, large hands, sharp jawline, blue eyes. I even saw his hair cut and ignored it.

Oh god.

I was thinking about having a one night stand with him.

I shake my head rubbing my temples. I was just caught up in the atmosphere that's all that was. The red lights are fucking with my head.

Realizing that I was dancing with Logan makes my insecurity levels rise. And they rise a lot which infuriates me. I hate that I even feel insecure about myself because I shouldn't. It was just a stupid dance. I groan to myself running my hand through my hair. I really want a drink but I think I've had enough for the night. I text Miranda and tell her I'm ready whenever she is and that I'll be waiting outside.

"Need a ride?"

I look up and see the bartender that I should have been dancing with walking over to me. 

Ten minutes my ass.

I smile at him. "I'm actually waiting for a friend, but thanks"

He nods his head stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I'll sit and wait with you then if that's alright" he says eyeing the spot on the curb next to me as if asking for permission.

"Sure" I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear and watch as he sits down next to me.

"So I never got your name" he says making conversation and looking over at me.

"It's Hazel" I grin turning to look at him.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl, I'm Lucas" he smiles and I smile back thanking him. "I take it your not older than twenty one?" he asks.

I shake my head no. "What gave it away?" I chuckle.

"You look way too young. How did you even get in?"

"My best friends dad owns a few clubs down here so he got us in. Plus we knew the bouncer" I reply biting my cheek.

"So how old are you then?"

"I turned 17 today, I'm actually out celebrating."

"Awesome! Happy birthday!" he exclaims.

"Thanks" I laugh.

We make a lot of small talk. I learned a lot about him. He's twenty one and has two younger sisters, one is twelve and the other is four. He's taken care of them ever since his mom died three years ago. His dad left them when he found out his mom was pregnant with his youngest sister and I comment that he was a dick for that. He tells me that he had always wanted to be a bartender and landed this job as soon as he turned twenty one about a month ago and before that he worked as a cashier. He said that before he got this job, income wasn't great and he had trouble providing for his sisters which is why he was really happy to get this job because it has great pay. I tell him some things about myself too but before we can talk any longer, Miranda comes to find me.

"Thanks so much for waiting with me Lucas" I say getting up. Miranda stands a few feet away waiting for me.

"Of course, here let me see your phone."

I give him my phone and he snaps a picture of him making a silly face and puts in his number with that picture as his contact.

"Call me or text me if you ever need a ride home or just whenever you want to talk or hang out okay? I didn't tell you everything about me just for fun" he smiles.

I let out a small laugh. "And I didn't listen just for fun. Of course I'll call you" I follow Miranda and wave goodbye to Lucas.

Once I get home I walk into the living room to find Harry sitting on the couch watching Modern Family on TV. It's a show we always watch together on Saturday nights just to spend some quality time with each other. I plop down on the couch sighing heavily and taking off my heels.

"You didn't have to wait up for me you know" I say putting my feet on his lap and stretching out on the couch. After the night I had I am beyond tired.

"Yeah I know, but I always will" he shrugs and begins rubbing my feet. He gives the best foot rubs. "Plus I wanted to know how your first night as a seventeen year old was"

I sigh and pull a blanket over myself snuggling into it. The last thing I want to do is talk about anything that happened tonight. Beside meeting Lucas, I would rather forget that this entire night even happened. 

"This right here," I close my eyes. "is the best part of my night"

After a lazy Sunday, Monday rolls around quickly. Today is the first day of school and after what happened Saturday, I really am dreading even getting out of bed. I just want to stay here forever and not face the world. 

Maybe he didn't recognize me.

It's unlikely but it's the only thing I have to hold onto right now. I haven't even told Sophia, I know she's my best friend but she would just make a big deal about it. I can barely handle what I'm feeling, I don't think I could take on her emotions too.

I groan and force myself to get up and take a shower. I do my hygiene before straightening my hair and getting dressed. I put on some ripped jeans with a black belt and a black tank top. I throw on a red and black flannel to cover my arms because it's normally very cold inside the school building. Then I put on my black vans and grab my bag then I head down to the kitchen. As I reach for an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter, I read the note that's sitting there.

Had to go into work early. Have a great day, love you -big bro

I smile to myself and put the note in my pocket so I can re-read it later. I pack some snacks in my gym bag, fill my water bottle up and put it in my book bag, then I walk out the front door. I stop by Sophia's house to pick her up, continuing to keep my mouth shut about what I am referring to now as the incident to make myself feel better, and then we head to school.

We pull up into the school parking lot and hop out of the car. When we go inside we head straight to our lockers. We've had the same lockers since freshman year, right next to each other on the first floor. We put our gym bags in there, making small talk as we get the books we need for our morning classes. All my morning classes are with Sophia, which is great, but after that I'm on my own.

After our morning classes are over, Sophia and I walk to lunch together and go to sit with the other cheerleaders and football players after getting our food. For a public school, our lunch food is really good. We get the quality of private school food without actually having to pay for it. But unfortunately, our school is really big on cliques, so all the cheerleaders and the football players sit at one long lunch table right in the middle of the lunchroom which sucks for me but it is what it is.

We walk over to the table and I sit down next to Sophia who is sitting next to Austin of course. I look down at my lunch tray picking around at my salad, turns out I'm not that hungry. But then again my appetite hasn't really been present since I can't stop thinking about Saturday night as much as I wish I could. I think it's the paranoia.

When I look up to ask Sophia a question about one of our classes, my eyes catch Logans who is sitting across from Austin. I turn to look at him and find that he is burning a hole through my face with laser like eyes. I swallow hard and quickly look away from him but I can still feel him staring into me. 

He knows it was me. He wouldn't be staring at me if he didn't.

I totally forgot the question I was going to ask Sophia. As soon as the bell rings I'm the first to get up and bolt out of the lunchroom.

It's finally the last class of the day which for me, is chemistry. As soon as I walk into the lab I freeze in my tracks. Apparently it's also last period chemistry for Logan. 

What luck I have.

I've never shared a class with him in my entire life, but my senior year is the year the universe decides to throw a fork in my road.  

I groan to myself and walk to the next available seat which is next to Gwen our class president.

After school I meet Sophia at our lockers and finally tell her about everything starting from the dance. I couldn't hold it in anymore. His staring freaked me out and I needed to tell someone. I needed someone to tell me that I'm just paranoid and overreacting and the universe is not out to get me.

"Well maybe he didn't know it was you" Sophia says closing her locker and turning to face me.

"That doesn't explain him staring at me" I sigh closing my locker shut.

"Don't think too much into it. You're freaking yourself out" Sophia states as we walk out the door. 

She took what I told her surprisingly well, but maybe it's because I'm freaking out and it seems we've switched roles. Whatever it is I'm glad she wasn't overly excited about it, maybe she's realized that it doesn't mean anything. After all I only told her that it was an accident. I left out exactly how long we danced together and how I felt during it, figured I should spare myself at least that. Plus I would hate for her to get her hopes up.

"Yeah you're probably right" I mumble.

We go to the locker room to change and then head out to the field for practice. I have a lot on my mind so I decide to run a few extra laps to clear my head more effectively. Today we focused on stretching for flexibility and our form and positions.

After practice Sophia caught a ride with Austin. I swear those two are like inseprable now, I'm starting to miss her. But I'm happy she found someone that makes her happy. I take a shower and then lock up.

When I get to my car, I realize that I don't have my keys. I begin searching through my book bag and when I don't find it there, I look through my practice bag. Nothing. I look through the window of my car and there my keys are, right in the drivers seat.

The universe must really hate me.

"Shit" I whine and let out a frustrated groan. "Could this day get any worse"

I go back to the field since I have nowhere else to go so I'm just standing against the fence playing candy crush on my phone. Some of the people on the football team are still out throwing the ball around even though practice is over.

"Heads up!"

I turn around and a football is coming towards my face. My reflexes react and I instantly catch the ball with my hands. A football player jogs over to come and get the ball. Once I realize it's Logan, I quickly throw the ball back to avoid having a conversation or any contact with him. I walk up to the bleachers waiting for Harry to get off work so he can use the spare key to open my car. Luckily he gets off at five so it shouldn't be long until he gets here. Soon enough all the boys start leaving and the field quickly empties.

I have my headphones in looking down at my phone, but I feel a shadow come over me blocking the sun. I look up and see Logan. Deja vu clouds my mind and I instantly freeze.

"We need to talk" he demands looking down at me with those blue eyes.  

"We don't have anything to talk about" I look back down at my phone to keep myself from staring at him.

I hear him blow out a deep breath and the next thing I know he's plucking the earbuds out of my ears.

"But I think we do"

He sits down next to me. He's sitting close enough that our knees are touching. I wish he would scoot over a bit, obviously he has no sense of personal space. I roll my eyes and slide over an inch to put some space between us.

"Were you ever planning on talking to me about Saturday night or did you just plan on ignoring me forever" It doesn't sound like he is asking me a question, sounds more like he's demanding an answer. It's weird.

"It was just a dance. Don't make this a bigger deal than it actually is Logan" I look over at his face unable to read his expression which for some reason picks at my nerves.

"You know I don't like you right?" I state bluntly.

He raises his eyebrows at me. "That's a little harsh considering I've done nothing to you"

I find myself staring at his face for longer than I should. In the sun his eyes are even more hypnotizing. He smirks noticing me as I stare at him and I clear my throat looking away from his eyes.

"Stop that" I say scrunching my face up. I don't know why he irritates me so much. Maybe because I'm starting to find that smirk attractive and I really really don't want to.

"Stop what?" he asks with a small tilt of his head now smiling with his teeth.

Oh god his smile.

I have to stop this. It just isn't healthy.

"Stop doing that, stop looking like that" I wave my finger in a circular motion around his face.

"Is my face annoying you captain?" he asks keeping that same smirk on his face.

"Yeah, contrary to popular belief it actually is, captain" I mock him just as I get a text from Harry saying he unlocked the car but left to go back to work. Guess this is one of those days that he stays to work overtime.

I get up and swing my book bag over my shoulder and grab my gym bag. "I gotta go don't miss me too much" 

"Won't miss you at all" his voice is flat but my back is facing him so I can't see his face. Which is probably a good thing.

"Good" I reply over my shoulder as I walk down the steps of the bleachers.

On the drive home I can't help but think about the dance Logan and I shared. I admit it was fun and I also admit that before I knew it was him, I loved everything about the dance. I loved his hands on me. I loved the way our bodies moved together as one. Hell, for a split second I even thought about turning back around when I was walking away, because even after I knew it was Logan, I still wanted to feel his touch. I wanted more. I wanted to dance with him until my legs gave in. Dancing with him I felt alive and free and I felt those things that I've never felt before.

I shake the thoughts from my head. Thinking about it is giving me a headache. I pull into my driveway and turn off the engine. I sit in my car and think about the many thoughts that are running through my head before I go inside.

There will never be anything between Logan and I. We are two different people, who want two very different things and come from two insanely different worlds. I remind myself why I've stayed away from boys my whole life as I walk up the steps into my room. Even if I was interested in having a relationship with someone, none of this would matter anyway.

I don't even like him.

---

"Something deep inside got me wondering why, I don't understand why I can't, put my finger on, what the fuck is up"

Follow me for notifications on when I upload a chapter and when I make a comment on my page to update you guys about something. Comment on your favorite part and don't forget to vote!

///

<3

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

298K 5.9K 48
COMPLETED MADDY HAYES has never been the type of girl who listens to what other people have to say. She's mean, confident, and very, very intimidatin...
4.7K 9 23
Astrid hates most football players, she's dating the team captain of football, James, since she's in cheer, but that changes when she finds out he's...
73.8K 2.3K 47
Falling doesn't feel so bad when I know you've fallen this way too. Please check TWs. After Theo got outed to the whole school, he gets paired with...
1.3M 23.4K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...