Don't Deserve You || Jensoo

By phyacinth4

"Do I mean nothing more to you?" "Why is it that just when everything is starting to get better, she's becomi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
The Smile In Your Eyes (Sneak Peak)
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
AN: It's Coming To An End
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
End

Chapter 19

6.2K 317 159
By phyacinth4

Jisoo had just arrived at Jennie's driveway. She sat in her car, too nervous to move. Mrs. Kim had wanted the 2 of them to go dress shopping together, so Jisoo had no choice but to comply to her request.

Denying Jennie's mother would come off as rude and disrespectful, so she didn't say anything against it.

Taking a deep breath, Jisoo stepped out of her car and made her way to the front door. Ringing the doorbell, she only had to wait a few seconds before the door opened, revealing Jennie's beautiful face. Jisoo gave her a small smile and waved awkwardly.

Jisoo: H-hey.

Jennie responded to her with a curt nod before moving out of the way, inviting Jisoo to come.

Jennie: Can you wait a little? I'm still getting ready.

Jisoo: Y-yeah, it's fine. Take all the time you need.

Jennie: Thanks.

And with that Jennie rushed up towards her room, not giving Jisoo another glance. A few moments later, Jennie's voice rang through the house as she shouted from her room.

Jennie: There's water in the fridge if you want!

Jisoo wasn't thirsty, so she remained in her seat and waited for Jennie. 7 minutes later, the younger girl hastily rushed down the stairs as she was trying to fix her hair.

Jennie: Sorry to keep you waiting, but I kind of overslept today.

Jisoo: It's okay, I don't mind.

Jennie nodded and the 2 girls were wrapped up in a silently awkward atmosphere that was all too familiar to that of their previous encounters. Jisoo glanced at Jennie and cleared her throat, breaking the silence.

Jisoo: Why don't we get going then?

Jennie: Y-yeah, that sounds good.

Jennie then moved over to the door and unlocked it, gesturing for Jisoo to walk out first. The latter walked to her car and started the engine while Jennie quickly locked the door to her home before following suit.

•••

While Jennie was changing into a new dress, Jisoo was waiting for her outside.

The 2 girls have been trying on dresses all morning, but not a single one had seemed to satisfy them. This was the last shop of the day, and both Jisoo and Jennie were worn out and have yet to find a fitting dress. However, right when Jennie stepped out from the fitting room, Jisoo knew that this was the dress. The long laced gown flowed gracefully down Jennie's perfect goddess-like body, leaving no room for criticism.

Jisoo couldn't stop herself from staring at Jennie, her mouth fell agape, and her eyes were wide open with wonder. Jennie stood in her spot uncomfortably as she watches Jisoo stare at her. She cleared her throat, trying to grab the older girl's attention away from admiring her form.

Jennie: Are you done staring?

Jisoo snapped out of her trance as she could feel her face turn red out of embarrassment.

Jisoo: Y-yeah.

Jennie: So, what do you think?

Jisoo opened her mouth to speak, but found herself unable to form any apposite words. She was left speechless for there were no words to describe how amazing Jennie looks in the white dress.

But after a few moments of silence, Jisoo was able to breathe out a single sentence that had been circulating inside her mind ever since Jennie had stepped out of the fitting room.

Jisoo: You...look... absolutely... beautiful, so breathtakingly beautiful.

The 2 were engulfed in silence while staring into each other's eyes. Jennie tried to find any trace of teasing or mockery in Jisoo's eyes, but all she saw was the sincereness the older girl had for her, and Jennie knew that Jisoo had meant every single word.

Breaking away from their eye contact, Jennie tries to shift the focus of the conversation else where.

Jennie: I actually really like this dress. It's so well made, from the intricate designs to how comfortable I feel wearing it, and not to mention the fact that it fits me so perfectly.

Jisoo nodded as she continued to admire Jennie's figure in the dress.

Jisoo: You have no idea.

Jennie glanced at the employee behind her who was smiling with satisfaction.

Employee: Your fiancée is right Miss Jennie, this dress is absolutely perfect for you.

Jennie took another glance at herself in the mirror before giving a satisfied nod.

Jennie: I'll take this dress.

•••

After dropping Jennie off at her house, Jisoo decided to head home and give Suho a call to invite him to her wedding.

She waited a few rings before the older boy had picked up the phone.

Suho: Sooya! How are you?

Jisoo: I'm good Oppa. What about you?

Suho: Everything is all good here as well. I heard about your wedding.

Jisoo: Oh~ you do? How?

Jisoo heard Suho chuckle through the phone.

Suho: The news are spreading everywhere Chu. Plus Chaeyoung already told me... she told me about everything.

Jisoo: That little chipmunk, I'm gonna have to have a word with her.

Suho: Don't blame her Sooya, Chaeng just wants what's best for you... And so do I... Are you a hundred percent sure about this? I don't want to see you hurting in the end.

Jisoo: I already told Chaeyoung and Changmin oppa about this, and I assure you that I'll be fine oppa.

Suho: Alright, I'll trust you on this one then.

Jisoo: Thanks oppa. Oh by the way, what did you say before? About the news spreading everywhere?

Suho: Oh yeah, news of your engagement has even spread over to the states as well. I've heard people talk about it here and there.

Jisoo: Wow really? I did not expect that.

Suho let out a laugh due to her obliviousness.

Suho: What did you expect then Jisoo? You're now the biggest corporate in all of Korea, your engagement, and not to mention the joining of Dream and Kim Corporations, is like the event of the century. But enough about that, I already know why you called me Jisoo.

Jisoo: Then please tell me that you'll be there on the day of my wedding oppa. I really want you to be there, despite everything.

Suho let out a sigh.

Suho: I do too Jisoo. It's just... I don't think it's a good idea.

Jisoo: I don't care about that oppa. Jennie already hates me to begin with... I just want to have you there on my big day.

Suho: I know that Jisoo, which is why I am not coming. I don't want to add fuel to fire. Like you said, Jennie already hates you, as well as me, inviting me to your wedding will not help the situation.

Jisoo: But--

Suho: I already made up my mind Chu, don't fight with me on this.

Jisoo remained silent for a few moments before finally replying.

Jisoo: I respect your decision oppa, but how do you expect me to be happy without you there?

Suho: I might actually have something that will cheer you up. It's a gift for your wedding, in order to make up for my absence.

Jisoo: What is it? It better be a good present oppa.

Suho: ...I've... found a heart for Jaehyun!

Jisoo: What?! Really?! No way! How?! When?!

Suho laughed over the phone.

Suho: It was all thanks to my colleague, I had asked for his help in finding a heart for Jaehyun and he came through. I was going to tell you on the day of your wedding, but since you were so upset, I decided let you know now.

Jisoo teared up a bit after hearing about the news. She couldn't believe her ears, Jaehyun was gonna be okay.

Jisoo: Thank you so much oppa. I'll thank you on Jaehyun's behalf as well.

Suho: No need to thank me Shoo, I know what Jaehyun means to you.

Jisoo smiled to herself, appreciating the fact that she was able to have a friend like Suho by her side. It was one of the reason why she was so fond of Jaehyun. Not only did the little boy look like a mini Suho, but he also had a heart like him as well.

Suho: And there's one more bit of good news that I want you to know.

Jisoo: There's more? Gosh I'm already happy with the news of Jaehyun's heart alone. What is it oppa?

Suho: I was able to convince the family to donate their son's heart to you. I just got the results back from the lab yesterday and it says that your blood type is compatible to the heart!

Jisoo was at a loss for words. She felt like as if she was dreaming, were things finally starting to look up for her? Without her noticing, the unshed tears were now rolling down her face as she cried in happiness.

Jisoo: Are you serious oppa? They... they agreed?

Suho: They had actually agreed a few week ago, but I decided to wait for the tests results to come back in case I give you guys false hope.

Jisoo: That's great Oppa.

Suho: Yeah I know. But listen, I'm gonna need you to wait just a bit longer. The family's son still has about 3 months to live at most, so I just need you to hang on until then okay? As soon as I have the heart, I'll fly back to Korea as soon as possible and we'll start your surgery at the earliest date.

Jisoo: Don't worry oppa, I'll be fine until then.

Suho: You're gonna be okay Sooya, you're going to be okay.

Jisoo: It's all thanks to you oppa. I don't what I ever did to deserve a friend like you by my side. You, Chaeng, and Changmin oppa have always been with me through my toughest times. I just want you to know that you mean the world to me, and that I appreciate everything that you've ever done for me.

Suho: You're my friend Jisoo, I'll always be here for you when you need me. Just remember to let us in when you have troubles okay?

Jisoo: I will oppa. Don't worry about me.

Suho: I always have to worry about you Jisoo. But anyways, now that you know, my colleague who found the heart should be flying over to Korea tomorrow with Jaehyun's heart, and after that you guys can get started on his surgery right away.

Jisoo: That would be great oppa, thanks again.

Suho: Your welcome Chu. Oh, but I have to go now, I have a surgery in about 15 minutes.

Jisoo: Alright, I guess I'll see you oppa.

Suho: Before I go, I need you to listen to me very carefully Ji. In these 3 months, I don't want you to do anything that upsets your heart okay? We can't afford to have your condition worsen before the surgery. I want you to go to Changmin for checkups every week, and listen to whatever he tells you.

Jisoo: Alright oppa. Don't worry too much about me, I'll be fine. Just focus on your work and I promise I'll listen to you.

Suho: That is good to hear Chu. I'll get going now, stay safe and take care.

Jisoo: You too oppa. Bye.

Jisoo ended the call. She fell back on her bed and smiled to herself. This is the probably the happiest she's ever felt these past few years. Jaehyun now has a heart, and Jisoo herself would be able to live her life without anymore complications.

She couldn't wait to tell Chaeyoung and Changmin oppa, although she had a hunch that Suho might've already told them as well. Jisoo released a sigh of relief. Things were finally starting to look up for her after all these years.

She started to feel like she could hope again, and maybe even a chance at finding her own happiness.

There is the fact that Jennie still hates her, but Jisoo didn't care. She made a promise to herself that no matter what, she will be the perfect spouse to Jennie and that she'll always be there for her. Jisoo promised that she would do anything, as long as it meant that Jennie was happy.

All that's left for Jisoo to worry about now is Jaehyun's upcoming surgery and her marriage with Jennie. She wasn't worried too much for herself now that Suho has convinced the family to donate their son's heart.

Jisoo only needed to wait for 3 more months until she would be able to live her life like any normal person, 3 more months until she will no longer be a burden to her friends. And that to Jisoo was better than anything she could've ever wished for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 5.9K 38
"I love you so I will wait for you. I will wait for you to love me, no matter how long it takes" Jennie to Lisa "I can no longer see you with my eye...
110K 3.5K 26
"P-please don't leave me.." "I'm sorry.." "Park Chaeyoung? Here's your new secretary." "Her?!" ~ #1 Chaesoo - 20/7/20
289K 6.3K 110
"Baby why are you doing this to me? why are you hurting this much please speak." "No, we're not doing this anymore unnie." If you wanna know about th...