The Story Of Our Lives.

By coco1522ox

Modern day Bellarke AU. Two years after her parents divorce, Clarke, her mom and older brother move to a new... More

1. Fresh Start.
2. Eight Years Later.
3. Party Time.
4. Life Lesson.
A/N
6. Emotions Gone Wild.
7. Perfect Mistake.
8. Dinner Party.
9. Dinner Party - part two
10. Too messed up.
11. Empty Shell.
12. You broke my heart.
13. Dangerous Game.
14. Please don't say you love me.
15. Will you catch me if I fall?
16. You are not alone.
17. Family Reunion.
18. You got it backwards.
19. He'll treat her right.
A/N
20. Road Trip.
21. Camp Fire.
22. Remember Every Scar.
23. Surprising News.
24. Living a lie.
25. Hard to breathe
26. Sorry's not enough
27. Wedding Bells
28. Lets live for today.
29. All I Need.
30. All I Need pt 2.
31. Screaming On The Inside.
32. What's a Chest, Without a Heart?
33. You Still Have Hope?
A\N
34. I Trust You.
35. Together We Can.
A/N
PLEASE READ.
The Finale.
A/N

5. Its my life!

2.8K 94 127
By coco1522ox

*continues from previous chapter*

An awkward silence settled in the room. Octavia, Lincoln, Raven and Murphy looked between themselves, waiting for someone to say something. Jasper and Monty stood with their hands in their pockets. Clarke wished the ground would swallow her whole. Finn was staring at her like he was waiting for her to do or say anything. But she could feel Bellamy's eyes locked onto the side of her face too. Then there was Roan, who was glaring at Finn like he had just insulted him.

"So we gonna eat or what? I'm starving!" Murphy groaned, breaking the silence.

Clarke had never been so thankful for Murphy's carefree attitude until that moment. She just wanted the night to be over now. She wanted to shower then crawl into bed and never come out again. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt an arm wrap around her waist.

"Come sit with me?" Finn whispered in her ear.

Clarke forced a smile and nodded her head. They made their way into the room when Roan called out to Clarke.

"Clarke. Help me with the beers."

Clarke could tell by her brothers tone that he wasn't happy. She pulled herself out of Finn's grip and turned back to the kitchen.

"You want some help?" Finn asked.

"No. We got it." Roan responded, a little bluntly.

Finns face twitched slightly but he turned and walked into the living room without another word.

"Did you have to be so rude?" Clarke asked, rolling her eyes.

"Why is he here Clarke?" Roan asked, ignoring her question.

"I told you, he came to check up on me and I felt bad. So I invited him in. You said you were fine with me seeing him." Clarke said.

"I also told Murphy I liked his sweater, doesn't mean it was true!" Roan replied sarcastically.

"Roan, What exactly are you trying to say?" Clarke asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm saying." Roan said, mimicking her actions. "That I don't trust him. I don't like the way he looks at you."

Clarke let out a heavy sigh and looked away.

"What do you see in him Clarke?" Roan asked.

"He hasn't done anything bad to me Ro, he thought I was sick so he came to see if I was alright and found me absolutely fine, with Bellamy here. I can understand why he's pissed." Clarke explained.

"He acts like he's got some sort of claim over you already. I don't trust him." Roan shook his head.

"Well I do. It's my life and I don't need you interfering." Clarke spat. With that she turned on her heel and walked into the living room.

Roan ran his hand down his face in frustration. He loved his sister but he hated how stubborn and strong willed she was. Her reckless behaviour often got her into situations that weren't good. With a groan, Roan picked up the crate of beer bottles and headed for the front room.

"Finally! I was starting to think you got lost!" Octavia teased.

"Just drink the damn beer." Roan huffed as he dropped the bottles on the table.

"Touchy." Octavia pouted.

This time, conversations flowed easily around the room. Roan watched in silence as Clarke laughed at something Finn said. He watched Finns actions closely, observing the way his arm would brush against hers or his hand would touch her thigh. Roan could feel his anger rising and knew that he should leave before he did something that would make Clarke hate him forever.

"You okay bro?" Bellamy asked from beside him.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." Roan said quickly. He took a swig of his beer and let his head fall back onto the sofa.

"You worried about him?" Bellamy asked quietly.

"No. I'm worried about her. I don't trust him but she does." Roan sighed.

"You know what Clarke's like, she'll realise eventually that we were right. She's just too stubborn to admit that she was wrong." Bellamy chuckled.

"Dude, This isn't funny. I got a bad feeling about him. Have you heard the way he talks about her at work? He's known her two weeks and yet he acts like they've been married for ten years." Roan said.

"I know. I don't trust him either, but he makes Clarke happy. She won't listen to us." Bellamy sighed.

The room fell silent as Octavia turned on the movie and perched herself on Lincoln's lap. Roan glanced over at Clarke to find her with Finns arm around her shoulders. Finn whispered something into her ear and Roan's stomach churned as Clarke's cheek went red and she let out a giggle.

Roan felt his phone vibrate in his pocket but he ignored it and switched off his phone. He didn't want to leave the room and leave Clarke and Finn. He saw Clarke's phone light up from a phone call but Clarke simply rejected the call and turned back to Finn.

Bellamy watched Roan carefully. He was pleased that Roan felt the same way he did about Finn, but he also knew that his best friend sometimes had trouble controlling his rage. Bellamy was preparing himself to hold back Roan if anything went wrong. His phone rang suddenly, making everyone jump.

"Sorry." Bellamy mumbled and pulled his phone from his pocket as he left the room.

When he finally returned, his face was pale and shocked looking.

"Bell? What's wrong?" Octavia asked, noticing his expression.

"I... uh... it was Abby." Bellamy stuttered.

"What? Why would our Mom call you?" Roan asked, confused.

"She said she tried to call you and Clarke but no one was answering." Bellamy said.

"So what's wrong? Is she okay?" Clarke asked, sitting forward.

"Yeah she's fine, but um..." Bellamy trailed off.

"What Bellamy? What happened?" Clarke snapped, standing up sharply.

"Your Dad was in a car accident. He's in hospital." Bellamy said, looking straight at Clarke.

"What?" Clarke whispered. Tears sprung from her eyes instantly.

Roan stood from his seat and raced to her side. Finn stood up and tried to console Clarke but Roan held out his hand.

"Do you mind, this is a family thing." Roan spat.

"We need to go to the hospital!" Clarke sobbed.

"I'll drive you." Bellamy declared.

Roan nodded his head and lead Clarke out the room.

"We'll come with you." Octavia said quickly. Her and Lincoln followed Roan and Clarke out the door.

"We'll clear up here. Keep in touch." Monty said, clapping his hand against Bellamy's shoulder.

"Thanks guys." Bellamy nodded and hurried after his friends and sister.

When he reached the car, Clarke was already in the back seat with Roan beside her. Lincoln and Octavia stood outside waiting for him.

"She's asking for you." Octavia said softly.

Bellamy handed his keys to Lincoln and nodded his head. He ran around the other side of the car and climbed in the back on Clarke's other side. Lincoln took the drivers seat as Octavia got in the passenger seat. Within seconds they were speeding off down the road.

Bellamy grabbed Clarke's hand and squeezed gently. Clarke entwined their fingers and held onto his hand tightly while she leant on Roan. Octavia reached behind her from the front seat and gripped Clarke's knee in comfort. They stayed silent for the whole journey. They didn't need to say anything. They all knew that they were here for one reason and that was to support the Griffins and each other.

They arrived at the hospital their father was in and Roan raced to the reception desk with the others on his heels.

"Jake Griffin. He was in a car accident." Roan panted.

"Are you all relatives." The woman behind the desk asked.

"I'm his son, she's his daughter." Roan said, pointing at Clarke.

"I'm afraid he's not able to have visitors right now and its family only. If you take a seat in the waiting area someone will be with you soon." The woman smiled.

"Can you at least tell us if he's okay?" Clarke asked, stepping forward.

"I'm sorry, I don't know anything yet." The woman replied sadly.

"Thanks." Clarke said softly.

They turned to the seating area and took a seat. Clarke sat between Roan and Bellamy, leaning her head on Roan's shoulder. Bellamy's hand rubbed her arm soothingly.

"I'm gonna go call Mom, stay with Bell." Roan said to Clarke. He kissed her head and left the room.

Bellamy wrapped his arm around Clarke and she leant into him. She was pleased he was here. Clarke hadn't even realised how much she needed him until now. No matter what, Bellamy was always at her side when she needed him.

"Thank you for being here." Clarke whispered as she gripped his shirt. She could feel his toned chest underneath the thin fabric.

"Like I'd be anywhere else." Bellamy mumbled into her hair. He loved her scent.

Bellamy let his mind list all the things he loved about Clarke. He loved her humour, he loved her determination. He loved how she was the most caring person he'd ever met but also how she could be your worst enemy if you got on her bad side. He loved the way her eyes sparkled when she laughed. Her loved her laugh. Bellamy then came to realise that it wasn't just little things about Clarke that he loved. It was Clarke herself, who he loved. He was falling for his best friend.

Roan came back into the waiting room.

"Mom's on her way. Apparently she went out looking for us." Roan said as he sat down beside Clarke again. He had expected her to move back against him, but she stayed where she was.

Roan caught Bellamy's gaze and smirked. Bellamy shook his head and rolled his eyes. Even if a crisis, people were still insinuating that something was going on between him and Clarke.

A doctor walked into the waiting room and Roan stood from his chair.

"Jake Griffin's children?" The man asked, looking over the five of them.

"Yes." Roan said stepping forward. Clarke stood beside him.

"Your father received some serious injuries so we've put him in a sleep induced coma. He's just come out of surgery so he can have family visitors in a moment." The doctor smiled. "The other three will have to wait here."

Clarke began to panic. She didn't want to face her father's injuries without Bellamy. Without thinking, she blurted out her next sentence.

"Can he come?" Clarke gestured to Bellamy. "He's my fiancé."

Roan and Bellamy looked at her like she'd gone mad, but didn't say anything.

"I suppose so. But no more." The doctor said before leaving them alone.

Roan turned to Clarke. "He's your fiancé? What the hell was that?!"

"I panicked!" Clarke exclaimed. She wasn't prepared to explain to her brother why she needed Bellamy there so badly. She just did.

"You panicked?" Roan raised a brow.

"Yes. I'm not explaining it Roan, I just want him there." Clarke sighed.

"Fiancé! You could have said cousin or something." Roan chuckled.

"Like I said, I panicked. Can we just go and see Dad now?" Clarke said sharply.

"Let's go, Mrs Blake." Bellamy smirked.

"Not you too. I'm sorry alright, I just..." Clarke trailed off.

"I know, don't worry. I'm here so let's go." Bellamy said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

They walked down the hall until they met the doctor they had spoken to before. He lead them further down the hall until they reached an elevator. Clarke, Bellamy and Roan piled in behind the doctor and stood in silence as they traveled to the third floor. Clarke silently slipped her hand into Bellamy's and he looked down at her, offering her a small, sympathetic smile. Clarke kept their hands tightly folded together as they followed the doctor to Jake's room. Clarke took a deep breath as the doctor pushed the door open.

"I must warn you, his injuries are quite horrific. We're surprised he survived." The doctor said gently as they entered the room.

Roan walked in first and Clarke watched his reaction before walking in. Roan's jaw clenched and his eyes closed. Clarke's heart was racing as she slowly turned to look at her father. An involuntary gasp escaped her lips as her eyes landed on her father. His face was bruised and covered in blood. He had tubes coming from his mouth and wires attached to his arms. His eyes were closed and Clarke figured if it weren't for the injuries, he'd look quite peaceful. Her stomach wretched and her hand flew to her mouth.

"You alright?" Bellamy asked her, his face full of concern.

Clarke shook her head. She was far from alright. Her father looked horrible. She didn't know if he was going to survive or not. She felt like her whole world was crumbling around her.

"Do you wanna leave?" Roan asked.

"No." Clarke whispered. She walked closer to the side of the bed, her hand still clenched tightly in Bellamy's.

Abby arrived shortly after and tried to send Clarke, Roan and Bellamy home but Clarke refused. She didn't want to leave her father's side in case something happened to him. It wasn't until she felt her eyelids dropping that she finally let Bellamy and Roan escort her out the room. Abby promised to call her if anything changed and Clarke finally left the hospital. She was surprised to see Lincoln and Octavia still waiting in the waiting room for them. Octavia had her head rested on Lincoln's shoulder, fast asleep.

"You guys didn't have to wait." Roan said softly as they reached them.

"Don't be stupid, of course we did." Lincoln said. He woke Octavia who groaned and tried to push him away. When she finally opened her eyes, she rushed to Clarke's side.

"How is he?" Octavia asked, pulling Clarke into a tight hug.

"Not good." Clarke shook her head sadly.

"Come on, let's go home." Roan said, ushering them out the door.

The five of them left the hospital in silence, climbed into the car and Lincoln drove them back to Clarke's apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.4K 30
A Bellarke/100 Clarke and Bellamy. Bellamy and Clarke. Alone they were strong minded, brave, determined people. Together, they destroyed each other...
24.3K 1.2K 37
Modern Day Bellarke, There's a new librarian in town, Clarke works in a place filled with hundreds of stories, but the only one she won't share is he...
1.8K 108 18
Bellamy and Octavia are Clarke's family. Simple as that. They have been since she was 5 years old. And now, a sophomore in college, nothing has chang...
16.7K 676 24
If you told Raven she and her annoying neighbor Murphy would get along, she'd laugh right in your face. Because they hated each other, but when he en...