The Boy with the Two Toned Ha...

By dark_kai_art

(F/N) was a shy girl just trying to float her way through school, but that all changed when her great grandfa... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chatper Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Bonus 1
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Bonus 2
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Epilogue
Two Pink Lines

Chapter Twelve

4.3K 160 32
By dark_kai_art

I have over a hundred reads!!! That's so exciting!!! Thank you to all of you who have been reading, I really appreciate it. Don't forget to comment and vote on this chapter. Anyway, enough from me, let's get back to the story!

(F/B): favorite band

The only sound in the room was that of soft breathing and soft footfalls. The air was still and without any distractions. The room was empty save for myself and Shura who was pacing around me. I had my swords set out in front of me and I sat cross legged on the floor. Shura was having me meditate and repeat the act of calling on the energy. She, just like everyone else, new nothing about these swords. We were trying multiple levels of meditation and at one point, Shura had even called in a priest to aid me. These sessions had become a part of my weekly routine and they were meant to be helping with my connection with my swords. So far, we were having no such luck. I had not gotten any closer other than that uncontrollable surge of power.

"How are you feeling, (Y/N)?" Shura asked from behind me. I merely shrugged. Something felt different today and I wasn't sure what it was. I was slightly distracted, like something was pulling on the back of my mind. "That wasn't very descriptive," Shura scolded. I only hummed. She must have known something was happen and stayed quiet. I reached out with my mind and called on the energy once more. It felt strange, and I felt myself slipping, my consciousness slowly fading until everything was black. I felt myself beginning to panic as I was still awake in mentality but not physically. It was like lucid dreaming but in a dark void.

"Shura!" I called out, frightened. "Anyone? Is anyone there?" Calm down, (Y/N), I snapped at myself. Panicking isn't going to anything for you. Whatever happened must have to do with your swords. There isn't any other explanation. I slowly calmed myself until there was an explosion of white. I was knocked down out of shock, not prepared for the sudden light. Carefully, I opened my eyes, taking in the vast, empty void of white in front of me. It almost frightened me more than the darkness.

I stood up and slowly turned in a circle. I jumped and almost fell back in surprise when my eyes landed on two figures in front of me. There was a boy and a girl, the boy with dark skin and even darker hair, but his eyes were as blue as a summer sky. The girl had pale skin, blue hair, and deep blue eyes. "I am Katsuro," the boy said, his deep voice vibrating inside his chest.

"And I am Kitiara," the girl said. "You have called?" she asked with a dip of her head. I just stared at them, confused at who they were. The boy stepped forward and started to play with my hair, circling me. I stayed still, paralyzed in fear. "Katsuro, you're scaring her," Kitiara scolded. Katsuro did not stop in his actions.

"Is she even of the blood line?" he growled. "She obviously doesn't understand." He turned to look at his companion. "And like you said, she's scared!" he sneered. "I do not serve cowards," he spat in my face. Kitiara made a move to speak, but I beat her to it.

"I'm not a coward!" I yelled, snapping out of my state of fear, now fully angry. I smacked the boy's hands away from my hair. "And get the hell off me! Who are you freaks?" I inquired, jumping back from them and brushing off my clothing. The boy was now smirking as he looked on at me.

"The same fire that resided in Master Matsuda in his golden days," he mused. I frowned, recognizing that to be my mother's maiden name. It was also my great grandfather's last name, the last person that had wielded the sister swords. The girl must have seen my confusion because she said, "Please, allow me to explain. Like I said, I am Kitiara and this is Katsuro; we are the demons that reside in your swords, the sister swords." She paused, letting the new information sink in. "We serve who we believe is worthy and of our sacred blood line." She took a seat on the ground and motioned for me to do so as well. "Back when Japan was known as the waring states, we made a contract with the Matsuda family, to serve and protect as long as the bloodline should stand. Of course, the name has changed when your grandparents gave birth to a girl, but our first master's blood still runs in your veins." I nodded, trying to take everything in.

"Why wasn't my mother or one of her parents worthy? Why was it me?" I asked.

"It was your destiny," Katsuro explained. "It just wasn't meant to be. When your great grandfather died, we fell dormant inside the swords until a worthy soul came to call and yours just happen to be it; we don't pick our masters."

"Why haven't I heard of you before?" I asked. There had never been any mention of demons residing inside the Sister Swords.

"Very inquisitive one, aren't you?" Katsuro said with a smirk and I blushed. "Well, very few of your ancestors have even gotten to this stage; half of them didn't have the patience to meet us. Somewhere deep down, they had the power, had the promise, but couldn't meet us. They learned to use the swords in other ways, just not in the most powerful." I nodded. "Now, we work like any other demons, you can summon us if your will is strong enough. No one has been able to do that yet." I sat in silence, thinking everything over.

"Don't let him intimidate you," Kitiara said, placing her hand on my arm. "He finds joy is scaring people," she whispered as if Katsuro couldn't hear her. He growled and looked away. Kitiara sighed and stood up. "I believe it's time for you to head back; meeting with us puts a lot of physical and mental strain on the body," she explained.

"How do I-" I was cut off when my vision went dark once more before I opened my eyes to find the ceiling above me. My entire body ached, my head was pounding, and I was short of breath. The ceiling was suddenly gone and replaced by the face of Shura, her green eyes wide in worry.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)? You just passed out." I could only groan softly, closing my eyes. I felt tapping on my cheek. "No no no, stay awake," she said. I opened my eyes and glared up at her. "Can you tell me what happened?" she questioned and I nodded. I quietly told her what happened, suddenly extremely fatigued. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. "(Y/N), you have to stay awake," Shura scolded. I hadn't realized my eyes had drifted shut. Snapping them back open, I was met with a concerned looking Shura. "I don't know what that experience will do to you, so you need to stay awake. I'm going to call Mr. Okumura to come check you over, okay?" I nodded. "Do you want to sit up?" she asked. Again, only a nod.

She put her arm behind my back and slowly raised me to a sitting position. I groaned when my stomach sloshed dangerously and closed my eyes. I put a fist to my mouth and breathed deeply. "Easy there, (Y/N). Just relax," she instructed and I leaned my head back on the wall behind me. I could hear Shura's half of the conversation and she sounded worried. She hung up and told me that Mr. Okumura would be here in a few minutes.

Within that time, my phone started to ring from my bag. I opened one eye and looked across the room to where my bag was laying. "It's probably my dad," I said. "I was supposed to meet him and my brother at one." Shura immediately jogged over to my bag and started digging through it; I didn't have enough energy to protest. She answered it and introduced herself.

Sighing, I closed my eyes, hoping to get rid of my pounding headache. I jumped when the main doors banged open and I looked over to see Mr. Okumura striding over from across the room. Once he reached me, he crouched down and took my vitals, asking a few questions has he did so. I quickly explained what happened and he nodded when I was finished. By this time, Shura was off the phone.

"Your brother and dad are going to be here in a few minutes," she informed me. "So, doc, what going on?" Mr. Okumura sighed and leaned back on his heels.

"She's just exhausted. Whatever state of being those demons pulled her into did a number on her. Every second she was with them, was draining her of energy. There is nothing wrong with her," he concluded and I sighed in relief. "I suggest you rest and refrain from training like that until you feel one hundred percent," he said, looking at me in the eyes. I nodded. "My bet is that it's just like any other training; it'll get easier as you do it, but I want you to be safe while you do it. I only want you to train when you have supervision; we don't want anything happen to you."

Just as he finished his little speech, the doors opened to reveal a very worried brother and father. Mr. Okumura stood and shook my father's hand, quickly explaining what had happened. Tobias dropped beside me, checking me over while still listening to my teacher. "Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Tobias asked when Mr. Okumura has finished speaking.

I nodded. "Yeah, just exhausted." There was a grim look on my brother's face as he continued to look me over. My father also looked very worried as he crouched next to me. I knew I was in for a long and tiring rest of the day.

{Line Break}

That night, my sleep was plagued with nightmares. The visions I saw scared me to the point of waking up with tears rushing down my face. I had seen death and destruction. I had seen my most loved ones dead, right in front of me. I had to resist the almost overwhelming urge to be sick. I sat with my back pressed against the wall behind me, trying and failing to stifle the sobs that ripped from my throat. There was no one for me to run to, no one to go to. My father was no longer just down the hallway and my brother could no longer offer a warm place in his bed.

I must have cried myself to sleep because I woke the next morning to my phone ringing. I frowned. Who is calling me this early in the morning? I then looked at my clock. It read 11:21. Maybe it's not so early. Without looking at the caller ID, I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"(Y/N)? Where are you?" It was Bon. I flopped back into bed, confused.

"What do you mean 'where am I'? I'm still in bed; it's Sunday," I said tiredly. My voice was rough from crying and my nose was stuffy.

"We were supposed to meet in the park at eleven today," he said, sounding disappointed and maybe a little hurt. My eyes widened. We were supposed to go on a date today! Guilt suddenly flooded me and I sat up, putting a hand to my forehead.

"Oh my gosh, Bon, I'm sorry," I apologized, on the verge of tears once more. "I had a rough night last night and I completely forgot, I'm so sorry." I was waiting for him to get angry, but I instead heard his kind voice through the receiver.

"It's fine, (Y/N). Are you alright? What happened?" I smiled at his concern, knowing that I was cared about. The smile was soon replaced by a frown when the memories of my dreams filled thoughts. The image of Bon soaked in blood worked its way to the front of my brain and a sob tore from my throat. "(Y/N), what's going on? Are you hurt?"

"No," I choked out. "J-just nightmares last night," I told him shakily. I hear him sigh over the line.

"Alright," he said, sounding relieved. "Well, just promise me you'll let me know if you need anything?"

"I want to see you," I blurted out, causing a heated blush to spread across my face. "I uh...I just need someone to talk to," I murmured.

"Okay, can you meet me at the park? Or do you want me to come to you?"

"I'll come to the park; I need to get out," I told him, wiping away a few stray tears.

"Okay, I'll see you then," he said.

"Okay." I then hung up the phone and sat on the edge of the bed for a few minutes, trying to recompose myself. Sighing heavily, I got up to get ready. I grabbed my (F/B) T-shirt out of the dresser as well as my usual black leggings and combat boots. I headed out the door, my keys and wallet in hand. Halfway to the park, a gentle breeze picked up and I shivered slightly.

Soon enough, I reached the park and saw Bon sitting on a bench. I went over to join him. "Hey," he said softly, putting an arm around my shoulder. "Are you alright?" he asked kindly. I shook my head, pressing my face to his neck. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" I nodded and quickly told him what I had seen. The tears started up again and he rubbed my back all the while.

After I was done, he just let me cry. Once I had calmed, I leaned back and let out a long sight. Bon gently wiped away the tears with his thumb. I once again shivered from the cold breeze causing Bon to frown. "Here." He pulled off the black hoodie he was wearing and offered it to me. I blushed but accepted it nonetheless. I slipped it on and sighed as his sweet scent filling my nose, instantly calming my nerves. The hoodie was much too big and it gave me sweater paws, but I loved it.

"Bon!" I jumped when I heard Shima behind us. We turned to see him looking a little panicked. "The guys from the Myoda sect are here," he said. Myoda sect? This must have been important because Bon's jaw set and his eyes narrowed.

"What are they doing here?" he asked.

"I don't know. Mr. Okumura just told me to find you guys. They want everyone in our class to head to the cram school." Bon nodded a grim look on his face. I looked at him confused, not understanding what was going on.

"Come on," Bon said, grabbing my hand. "I'll explain on the way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.4K 10
It's been a while since the all the crazy events at the Grand Magic Games. Now it's over and you have returned back to Magnolia, back to your guild...
32.5K 768 27
It was another year of the Grand Magic Games again. Of course, Master Jiemma chose you and the others to compete. Word around town is that the salama...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1.4K 82 18
Being the Big sister of avatar aang had ups and and downs, well that's what people think. being a 16 year old girl who ran away with their little bro...