Can We Just Be Us? | KiriBaku

By ChaseRen

(Completed) Falling in love was easy; keeping it wasn't. We started off as friends. Slowly we realised we li... More

Waiting for him- 1
What was said in the restroom- 2
You're blushing?- 3
A casual converstaion- 4
Choose a partner- 5
I brought food!- 6
Just tell me- 7
Confrontation- 8
Why is this so hard!- 9
Dumpling?- 10
Embrace- 11
Why do i make things awkward?- 12
Losing it- 13
What have I done?- 14
Distance- 15
Note- 16
Time to talk- 17
Can we just be us?- 18
School- 19
Preparation- 20
Getting ready- 21
Picnic- 22
Close- 23
Morning- 24
After school- 25
The mall- 26
Oh no- 27
Practice- 28
Harden- 29
Boys- 30
Date night- 31
Glasses- 32
We're ready- 33
Coming out- 34
Come over- 35
The parents- 36
Comfortable- 37
Costumes?- 38
Party- 39
This is so embarrassing- 40
You are the best thing in this entire world, okay?- 41
Photos- 42
City- 43
Dinner- 44
Enough is enough- 45
Thank you dad- 46
Goodbye- 47
Help from the Todorokis'- 48
Us- 49
Pool- 50
Bus journey- 51
Familiar faces- 52
Getting settled- 53
Fire Angels- 54
Introduction- 55
Training and talking- 56
Tension- 57
A crazy good poet- 58
We will ruin you- 59
There aren't sides- 60
Date by the coast, pt 1- 61
Date by the coast, pt 2- 62
The walk and the talk- 63
Calm before the storm- 64
Plan of action- 65
The fight for the past- 66
Contradiction- 67
It's no excuse- 68
Broken- 69
Rain- 70
Dance- 71
Float- 72
Pride- 73
The final page of Fuyaroa- 74
Good to be back- 75
Dye- 76
You like her?- 78
'Bake'ugou- 79
Catch up- 80
Meeting the family- 81
Around the table- 82
Play- 83
A UA romance; a story like no other- 84
A call- 85
Swingset- 86
Bad news- 87
Stay hopeful- 88
Forever- 89
Part 2
Severed- 91
All because I still loved him- 92
Flooding back- 93
Permission- 94
Thursday- 95
Kat- 96
Red- 97
What was once 'us'- 98
Just think about it- 99
Rooftop apologies- 100
x- 101
Like it was our first- 102
Thrown-away flowers- 103
Verse- 104
Chorus- 105
Can we just be us again?- 106
Goodbye

The interview- 77

4.7K 262 77
By ChaseRen

Kirishima pov
We made our way through the city, staring down at a phone screen that had on the location of the office. After bickering and moaning, Kat had finally agreed to come. "It'll be so cool to actually be interviewed for the biggest magazine in the country!" I exclaimed, feeling butterflies in my stomach. Night Sky was a huge magazine, featuring heroes, celebrities and worldwide news; the main source of information in Japan.
"I just hope they're not too annoying or nosey." Kat groaned, leading me round a corner onto a new street.
"Well it is an interview, that's their job."
"I just don't get why they even want to interview us. What, cause we're in UA and gay? How shallow." By the way Kat sounded, I knew it'd be a long day. I just hoped he wouldn't be rude and obnoxious.

"My name is Hato, please, take a seat." The interviewer smiled at us, indicating to the two seats in front of him. He sat in a desk chair, holding a notepad and pen. The building was huge, and we were on the twenty-sixth floor. In Hato's room was a desk, a couple shelves and some frames hung on the wall; all containing newspaper and magazine clippings. Kat sat, looking uncomfortable and awkward, his whole posture read 'shy'. I however sat with a straight back and smiled, even though I still had butterflies in my stomach.
"Great to meet you. I'm Eijirou Kirishima-" I reached out my hand.
"And I'm Katsuki Bakugou." Hato took both our hands one by one, giving us a welcoming shake.
"Well of course I already know who you two are. We have Bakugou, an incredibly gifted young man with a powerful quirk and the win of the Sports Festival under his belt as well as being the top scorer for the entrance exam. Kirishima, also a powerful, promising young hero who placed second in the entrance exams!" Hato exclaimed almost too intensely. I almost couldn't hear him due to how fast he spoke. "How was that? I'm thinking that to be the opening paragraph of the article." He grinned, obviously impressed with himself.
"Sounds good." I said politely, with Kat nodding beside me. This caused Hato place a hand to his heart.
"Thank you guys." He paused before flicking through his notepad. "So as you guys know I have some questions to ask. If you feel I ever get too personal or upsetting, just tell me, okay?" We nodded again. Suddenly, Kat grabbed my hand, clearly he was nervous, we both were. This would be going out to millions of readers. "Okay, So let's start it off nice and simple. You two are gay, you're dating. What's that like?" He asked with curiosity, leaning out of his seat. Kat and I both looked at each other, his eyes telling me he wanted me to speak.
"It's been a rollercoaster I guess. Of course it's great, but it also comes with problems and stuff."
"And what's it like being a young hero, at one of the biggest hero schools in the country?" Hato was already scribbling something in his pad. Before I could speak, Kat cut in.
"It's not as crazy as you think it is. Everyone in our class doesn't give a fu- doesn't care, and our teachers haven't treated us any differently."
"But students from other schools haven't always been the nicest, until they realise they're no match for any UA student." I added in, smirking at Kat. Hato nodded at every word, tapping or writing with his pen.
"Interesting, interesting. Now, there is an immense amount of stress for a hero, especially for heroes like you who have been in the public eye. They need to have a certain image, right? Now I can't think of any of lgbt heroes, I was wondering if because of this, it made it more difficult to come to terms with being gay, did you push away those feelings because of the lack of representation in heroes?" I was surprised at Kat, because instead of hesitating and trying to actually understand the question, he went into a full on answer.
"I think coming to terms with being gay is difficult cause you change who you are kind of. I realised I'm not the person I thought I was, right?" Kat didn't take his eyes off the reporter. "So it was difficult for that, but I've never actually cared about who other heroes wanna fu- bang," I lightly tapped his leg. "I'm my own hero and I'm not trying to be anyone else. Same for Red." He gestured to me. Hato grinned at his pad.
"That's really great, really great." He flipped the page. "So, where do you see the future of heroes, such as you and your class, going?"

The next few questions were more to do with hero work and school. He did as a lot on our history as a couple though, as well as other gay related questions. "So do you two think you could be seen a positive icons for lgbt youth?" Asked Hato. I smiled to myself.
"I don't see why not. I'm not claiming we're anything special, but I'd sure love to perhaps help others and give people a voice, you know?" I explained, already imaging what it could be like.
"Well I'm sure you'll inspire hundreds of kids." Hato reassured. I checked the time, we'd been there for around an hour, almost time to leave. "So one last question."
"Go for it." Urged Kat, eager to get it over. Hato gulped dramatically.
"Earlier you mentioned that it had been a rollercoaster, you two. Does this have anything to do with parents, neither of you have mentioned them?" Kat turned to me, giving me the eye. I just smiled weakly at him. Thankfully, he understood that I wanted him to speak.
"My parents are great about it, they were just happy that I'm happy. In fact, Red and I are going to my mum's birthday this Saturday." He then sighed, knowing what he was going to say. "But Red's parents aren't so much. His dad was, fine about it, he tried to be supportive and that was good of him. But his mum, not so much." Then, both Kat and Hato looked at me, so I decided to carry on.
"I think she's just stuck in her old ways, religious and stuff. She didn't accept me so I- so I let her go." I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to seem sad. Hato frowned, trying to show empathy for me.
"And you're so strong about it."
"He has to be." Said Kat very matter-of-factly. He knew I didn't want to go too much into it. "Now you said that was your last question? So this interview is done?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 35 9
katsuki bakugou is in love with someone. someone he shouldn't be in love with. bright red hair, matching crimson hued eyes, there's only one person i...
10.7K 176 8
[COMPLETED] This is my first story and it's a oneshot book. About Bakugou X Kirishima!! Bakugou is top! Anyways.. I'm not sure where I'll be going w...
13.3K 207 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...
1.5K 77 12
Kirishima is a strong villain with a powerful quirk that lets him harden his body. Although he has a strong quirk and physical strength, his emotions...