The Boy with the Two Toned Ha...

By dark_kai_art

(F/N) was a shy girl just trying to float her way through school, but that all changed when her great grandfa... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chatper Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Bonus 1
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Bonus 2
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Epilogue
Two Pink Lines

Chapter Nine

4.7K 193 107
By dark_kai_art

Here ya go! Comment and vote please!

The unpleasant sound of the blaring alarm clock had me up and scrambling to shut it off. I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head when I realized what day it was; the first day of school. I wasn't ready for twice the work load and I most certainly wasn't ready to deal with new people. Regular students started moving in a week ago and it was already a lot to deal with. I was just grateful they didn't assign me a roommate.

My father had told me to just me myself and of course Tobias said I'd probably just scare them off that way, and I couldn't really argue. After scolding my brother, my father said, just be nice, it does wonders. I only grumbled that I didn't need any more friends than what I already had. My father merely frowned but didn't say anything more. He knew I was stressed. This proved to be correct when I called him the night before in tears. I was homesick and not ready to go to school without my father sending me off. He had quickly soothed me with the reminder to text him if I needed anything, anything at all.

Groaning once more, I pushed myself out of bed and started getting ready for the day. Without really having to think, I slipped on my uniform and did my hair. Not really having anyone I wanted to impress, I didn't do anything special with my makeup; only the normal concealer and powder to cover up my dark circles and annoyingly red cheeks. I jumped, still half asleep, when my phone buzzed. I checked my phone, surprised to see Suguro had texted me.

Ryuji Suguro
6:16
Meet me outside your dorm in 5 minutes.

Straightforward as always, I thought. Doesn't give me much room to argue. Sighing, I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and plodded off to the bathroom, hoping to find it empty. Alas, luck was not on my side as I found the bathroom to be filled with rich looking girls. When there was no one else on campus but the cram school students, it was easy to forget I was now attending a rich kid school. A few girls glanced at me but that was about it. I brushed my teeth, rinsed and headed back to my room. I dropped my toiletries off and slipped on my shoes, grabbing my bag, keys, and wallet before slipping out the door.

I wonder what Suguro wants this early in the morning. Too soon, I found myself at the front doors to the dorm. I pushed them open and exited the building to find Suguro standing a few feet away from the porch. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a group of girls giggling and whispering, obviously looking at Suguro. The whispers grew louder and more urgent as I neared Suguro and I blush rose to my cheeks. Anger suddenly filled my stomach. I knew exactly what they were whispering about and I really didn't want to be a part of their petty gossip.

"Good morning," Suguro greeted evenly.

"What do you need me for so early in the morning?" I asked, getting straight to the point. He sighed and he glared at me lightly.

"Geez, I figured I'd do something nice for you on your first day of school," he said looking away. Am I imagining it, or is he blushing? The thought alone caused me to blush harder. "I don't have to be nice, ya know. I could just leave you to flounder." I smiled at the kind gesture.

"Thank you," I told him as I looked up at him. He looked back at me, surprised at my sudden change in attitude. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and turned away.

"Have you eaten yet?" he grumbled over his shoulder as we started walking.

"No, I was just going to pick something up at the school store."

"Then let's go." I walked next to him in silence to the school store. Thankfully, there was only a few people around and we were able to quickly grab our food and head out. We sat down at a table and ate in silence. My phone buzzed and picked it up, leaving my spoon in my mouth. It probably mad me look like a dork, but that was okay in my opinion. Unlocking my phone, I found both my father and brother texted me.

Tobias
6:31
Hey (N/N)! Try to have a good first day of school, for me if not yourself. And stay away from the snobby rich boys! The girls too! Love you!

I snickered slightly, not really surprised at his comments.

Me
6:31
Whatever, you big dork. Love you too!

Dad
6:31
Hey kiddo! Try and have a good first day. Just be nice and text or call me if you need anything! Love you!

Me
6:32
Thank you, love you too!

I turned back to my food and just picked at it, suddenly feeling nervous. "Can I look at your schedule?" Suguro suddenly asked, making me jump. I quickly dug my schedule out of my bag and handed it over to the boy. He pulled out his and started to compare it. His eyebrow raised as he looked at the paper. "Not only are your grades good in cram school, but you're a freshman taking sophomore classes," he mused. I only nodded. "We have math, science, history, and homeroom together," he said. He handed back the paper and checked his watch. "Come on, I'll show you to home room. You're with all the gifted kids." I frowned, not really wanting to already be signaled out as a nerd and put in a special homeroom, but there was really nothing I could do about it.

I let Suguro lead me to the main building and through the halls. Thankfully, we didn't have any problems getting through the halls and to homeroom on time. In fact, we were early. I was surprised to see the size of the room. It was easily three or four times the size of the cram school classrooms. "Do we get assigned seats?" I asked, a little distracted, looking up at the older student on my right.

"No, but most people in this class will probably want to stay in the same seats. There are upperclassmen in here so we'll steer clear of them. You can sit with me, I didn't have anyone to sit with last year." I nodded as he led me over to his usual seat. I sat down on his right, just like in every cram school class. I had gotten used to it and I was no longer awkward when sitting with him. I quickly got a book out and stuck my nose it, reading intently.

I was interrupted when hands slammed down on the desk. I jumped and looked up to see a boy, his hands still on the desk. There were two other boys standing behind him. Much to my relief, the lead boy wasn't staring at me but at Suguro instead. The three boys started a conversation with Suguro and I was able to go back to reading.

"So, who's your friend?" the lead boy asked. This got my attention and I looked up to find he was looking at me.

"This is (F/N)," Suguro introduced. "She's in my cram school class." He turned to look at me. "These are my friends Trevor, Alex, and Caleb," he said pointing to them in turn.

"Nice to meet you," I said quietly. The boys smiled in return. We started a small conversation until the bell rang and they went to find their seat.

Homeroom was boring, we just sat and listened to the announcements. We were handed out an extra copy of our schedules which I gratefully accepted, knowing I would probably lose mine. I was slightly nervous when the bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom. I had to walk to English by myself and sit in a huge class of people I didn't know. I felt hands grab my shoulders and I looked up into Suguro's brown eyes.

"You'll be okay, text me if you need anything. And if it helps at all, Shima is your English class. I'll see you in third period for math." I nodded and he wished me luck before headed in the opposite direction. I took a deep breath and started off in the direction of my next class. The school's layout was pretty simple and I found my class easily. I walked in to find only a few students already there. "Pick your seat wisely, it will be yours for the year!" was written on he board. I quickly picked a seat near the front where I knew I would be able to see with my poor vision. I had to wear contacts or glasses and my glasses were so thick that I wasn't comfortable wearing them in public.

I pulled my book out and started reading once more, waiting for class to start. I jumped when a few books slammed down on he desk next to me. I looked up to see a boy with neat brown hair and clear blue eyes. He had straight posture and a dazzling smile. "Do you mind if I sit here?" He had startled me so much that I was still didn't have words so I just nodded. He flashed me another smile and sat on the bench next to me. "I'm Anthony Baker Jr. by the way," he said, extending a hand. I took it and shook it timidly. I knew the name, very well in fact. His father was the CEO of a company who sold any type of metal or tools your could ever dream of; my father bought from their company all the time for his guns.

"(F/N)," I said quietly. He smiled once more as the bell rang. To my relief, today was like any other first day of class. We went over the syllabus and learned a little about the teacher. Nothing really exciting happened and I already found myself longing for the end of the class period. I couldn't have been happier when the bell finally rang. I jumped up from my seat and started gathering my things.

"Hey, I've never seen you around here before," Anthony said with a smile. "But you're in the second year classes?" he said, more of a question than anything.

"Um, I'm here on a scholarship and I had been working ahead in my classes at my old school, so they decided to just move me with the second years," I told him shyly, not really wanting to talk about how I got here.

"Wow, you must be really smart then," he said, eyes sparking is fascination. I played with the strap of my backpack nervously. "What class do you have next?" he asked.

"Honors algebra 2," was my short reply. I wasn't sure why this guy was talking to me so much and it made me slightly uncomfortable.

"Oh, I just have regular algebra 2, but it's in the same hallway. We can walk there together," he said with another wide smile. I tried my best to smile back. I followed him to the maths hallways as he talked and asked me questions. I did my best to respond to all his questions and reply to all is comments. Finally, we reached the maths hallways and we parted. I allowed myself to breath easier when he was finally gone. He was a nice boy, but it was a little too much for me.

I entered the classroom, hoping to find Suguro. I did find him, however, he was talking with a group of boys across the classroom. I quickly sat down near the front and waited patiently for class to start. Once again, books slammed down on the desk beside, and I looked up to see Suguro taking a seat next to me. I smiled slightly and looked away, relieved I wouldn't have to deal with some other stranger this class period.

Every class time was pretty much the same. Come in, sit down, get the syllabus, and learn about the teacher. It was as boring as every other first day I've ever had. To my misfortune, I had my language class with Anthony, but I girl had sat next to me before he could. The girl was in a group of three and only sat next to me to be closer to her friends. She had looked hesitant and maybe even a little disgusted when her friends told her to just sit next to "that girl." I sat Suguro in every class I had with him which made me feel a little more relaxed.

When the day was finally over, I followed Suguro out of our last class, history, in a daze. There were too many people and I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I thanked God a million times over that we didn't have cram school this week. They said they wanted to ease us into the new school year and not drown us in work. Unfortunately for me, Shura still wanted to meet with Rin and me so we could keep in shape and in her words, not slack off.

Suguro offered to walk me and we had just started off when the same group of boys showed up. "Hey! Suguro!" We stopped and looked back to see Trevor and the other boys. "We were wondering if you wanted to come over to our dorm now," he said.

Suguro started to decline, saying he had said he'd take me to my lesson, not specifying. "It's fine. I can walk on my own. I'll see you tomorrow," I said and waved them goodbye. They returned the gesture as I started off in the direction of the training center. I frowned when I felt some unrecognizable feeling stirring in my gut. Part of me honestly wanted to take back what I said and have Suguro walk me. Why am I even thinking that? He couldn't possibly like you back and you don't like him in the first place! I tried to convince myself, but I knew I couldn't fool myself. I now knew exactly what this feeling was.

I had started to fall with the boy with two toned hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.4K 42
[HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in Leif, #1 in Asch, #3 in Pierce, , #6 in Ava, #7 in Daemos, #17 in Rhys, #29 in Aphmau, #22 in Fiction, #41 in Mysterious, #1...
197K 19.2K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
23.6K 537 9
Confined to a world he's known for his whole life, Sam takes a chance and dives into the unknown. Entranced by a crystal eyed boy and scarred from a...
86.7K 4.1K 39
𝕊𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕤: 𝔸 𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕟 𝕣𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕣𝕜𝕤. "You should still come over...but leave your tools. I'm not a...