The Boy with the Two Toned Ha...

Da dark_kai_art

(F/N) was a shy girl just trying to float her way through school, but that all changed when her great grandfa... Altro

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chatper Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Bonus 1
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Bonus 2
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Epilogue
Two Pink Lines

Chapter Eight

5.1K 196 75
Da dark_kai_art

I uh still don't have anything to say to you wonderful people so enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!

Rain poured down from the sky in heavy sheets, ricocheting off the roof of the hospital like a hundred bullets. Thunder rumbled gently in the distance, but I could tell it was getting closer with each passing minute. Most people would have found this weather to be disgusting and depressing, but the sound of rain soothed my nerves. It had started to rain just after we arrived at the hospital. Before they sent me off to get looked over once more, Mr. Okumura informed me that he was going to contact my father. I had groaned internally at this new information. They quickly numbed, cleaned, and stitched me up before placing me in a hospital room. They said they wanted to keep me for two days for observation to make sure the worst of my wounds, one on my shoulder and one on my waist, wouldn't get infected. They seemed pretty worried about those two. The wounds were deep enough to need tetanus shots to try and avoid an infection of the blood.

I was still extremely exhausted, and all I could do was I lay back in my pillows and stare out the windows. Rin had offered to stay with me which I gratefully accepted. We mostly just say in a comfortable silence. "I apologize for not being able to hold too much of a conversation," I said through a yawn.

"It's really okay," he told me, shifting in his chair a little. "I heard from Bon what you did with you're sword, so I'm not surprised; that takes a lot out of you." I nodded, feeling my hands begin to shake slightly at the thought of the older boy. I hurt him because I wasn't careful. It's all my fault.

"Is he alright?" I asked, afraid of the response I would get.

"He's fine, just a cut. They cleaned him up, put a bandage on, and sent him on his way. He and the others are worried about you, you know," he told me, but this still didn't make me feel any better. Rin frowned deeply and moved to sit on the edge of my bed carefully. He took my hands, and his eyes widened when he found them shaking. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you hurting? Do I need to call the doctor?" I shook my head and squeezed his hands tightly.

"I-I didn't mean to hurt him," I mumbled. "I-if I would j-just have been more careful..." I trailed off, unable to continue.

"Hey, why are you getting so worked up over this? I can promise you he's not mad. He's not that kind of guy," he soothed and squeezed my hands back gently. "You were just trying to protect him and yourself. It would have been a lot worse if you hadn't done anything, you know that, right?" he asked, trying to catch my eye. I nodded stiffly.

"I was just so worried when I saw him unconscious. I didn't want to hurt him, I was just scared and I didn't know what else to do," I told him, looking up at him and meeting his electric blue eyes which were filled with sympathy.

"He knows that. You should have seen his face when we were waiting for news of you. He looked so guilty, he kept mumbling that he wasn't able to do anything." I nodded with a small smile, feeling a little better. We sat silently for a few minutes until there was a knock on the door. Rin removed his hands and stood up while I called for the visitors to come in. I looked up to see my father and brother enter the room. They were both paler than normal and had worry written across their faces. "I think that's my cue to head out," Rin said. "I'll see you tomorrow, (Y/N)," he called as he slipped past my family and out the door, but not before bowing his head slightly in respect.

As soon as he was gone, my father rushed over and wrapped his arms around me and peppered my face with kisses. My wounds were hurting slightly, but I didn't want to tell him to stop. He finally pulled back and looked into my eyes, searching them. "Are you alright? How are you feeling?" I smiled at my father.

"A little sore and really tired," I admitted. "I'm okay, really." He and Tobias didn't look too convinced.

My dad placed a hand in my face and murmured, "You just look so pale." He leaned back slightly with a smile and sat in the chair next to my bed. Tobias came and sat on the edge of my bed as Rin had previously done. "Your teacher explained what happened," dad said quietly. "You were very brave." I shook my head at his comment.

"I was so scared," I mumbled before breaking down into tears once more and leaning into his chest. He hugged me tightly but not so much that it hurt my wounds. I felt Tobias lean his head on my shoulder and rub my back in a comforting manner. We stayed like this until my tears subsided. Tobias wiped them away and I smiled at my older brother.

We quickly fell into a comfortable conversation about school and other things. My father asked me about Rin and why he had been in my room. I told him the truth, that he was a good friend and just wanted to check on me. This answer seemed to suffice much to my relief. We talked about anything and everything until the nurse entered the room and informed us that visiting hours were coming to an end. My brother and father looked reluctant to leave, but complied with the nurse's wishes. Dad tucked me in and quick said a prayer before they both kissed me on the cheek, and I got settled into bed. They informed me they would be back tomorrow after they were both done with work for the day. After they left, I sighed and leaned back into the pillows, almost immediately falling asleep.

{Line Break}

I sighed, feeling very bored. All I could do was stare out the window at the never changing scenery of the parking lot below. I didn't have any books with me and my phone had died a while ago. The nurses had seen my boredom and lent me a few books, but they were mostly romance. Not my cup of tea. I wasn't expecting my brother and father until at least 4 o'clock and I had no one to get my books or school work from my dorm room.

I jumped slightly when there was a knock on the door. I frowned slightly not sure who it could be as I wasn't expecting anyone. It was only 12. "Come in," I called, slightly wary. I sat, shocked, as the last person I expected to see stepped into my hospital room. "Suguro? What are you doing here?" I asked, not sure what to say.

"Just thought I'd come see how you were doing," be mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"You can come in," I told him, propping myself further up on my pillows. He nodded and slowly came in and sat in the bedside chair. I was feeling increasingly nervous and very guilty. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off before he had the chance to begin. "I'm sorry," I blurted our before I could stop myself. He looked up at me, obviously confused. I brought my knees up to my chest and looked away. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry. It's my fault," I told him. I could feel my hands beginning to shake again so I hid them under the blanket.

"I actually came to apologize," he murmured, shifting in his chair. I looked up in shock. "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help you," he told me, looking me in the eyes. "And Rin told me you think I'm mad at you, which I'm not, I promise. I wanted to thank you for what you did. I just feel bad that I couldn't do anything to help you." I sat shocked for a few moments, my face heating up in a blush. I couldn't bear to meet his eyes and looked away, letting my (H/C) shield my face.

"It's really okay," I told him, finally finding my voice. "We can just call it even." I heard Suguro make a noise of amusement and I turned to look at him. He just smiled and shook his head, looking relieved.

He then cleared his throat and spoke. "Anyway, the others were wondering if they could visit. I wanted to talk to you first, but it looks like you could use some visitors." I smiled at the older student and immediately agreed. Suguro pulled out his phone to text the others.

"Hey, why aren't you and the others at cram school?" I asked, pushing my legs back down to lay in front of me. "It's only Tuesday."

"Because of our emergency at the school yesterday, the ghost was not exorcised so the teachers had to go in for the mission. They are also looking for the guy that attacked you. They decided it best to just cancel classes for the day." I immediately felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I twisted my fingers in my blanket, trying to distract myself from the ball of lead rolling around in my stomach. I jumped in surprise when a weight settled on the edge of the bed and my hands were enveloped in strong, calloused ones.

I looked up in shock to meet Suguro's brown eyes which were hardened in anger. "Look, it's really not my place to say because I don't know what you went through, but I can't sit here and watch this eat away at you. I've seen you spar with Rin and seen you shoot like nothing can stand in your way. I've seen your level of confidence." I could only stare at him as he continued. "I've seen the real you shine through, happy and sarcastic and just having a good time. I don't want you to beat yourself up over something that wasn't your fault. I don't like seeing my friends hurting," he said squeezing my hands in his. I stared at him, eyes wide in disbelief. Friend? Did he just say friend?

"I thought you hated me," I whispered. He groaned and ran his hands over his face and through his hair. He looked at me, clearly exasperated.

"Really? That's what you got of all that?" I blushed and turned away. He grabbed my hands once more, making me look at him, my face now a deeper red. He, on the other hand, stayed cool and collected. "But seriously, I don't want to see you beating yourself up over this or anything else that's not your fault. If you need to talk about anything, you can come to me, okay?" I nodded. "We are friends, right?" he asked in a teasing tone, something I hadn't heard from the boy before. I quickly decided I liked this side of the boy. I nodded and laughed. Surprising Suguro as well as myself, I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around the boy's neck.

"Thank you," I murmured into his shoulder, felling calm for the first time in what felt like forever. The first time I'd truly felt comfortable. He wrapped his strong arms and around me and squeezed me gently.

"You're welcome," he said softly.

{Line Break}

Suguro groaned and smacked his face with the cards in his hands. I held back a laugh at his frustration. Everyone had come to visit for a while and Suguro, Rin, and Shima ended up staying for a little longer. Suguro sat on my left side closest to the door with Shima across from him while Rin had perched himself on the foot of my bed. Rin had brought some games we could play to try and keep me entertained and happy. We were currently playing Uno and Suguro was losing terribly; he had easily half the deck in his hands. Surprisingly, Shima was winning.

"Geez, Bon. This is a kids' game! You shouldn't be losing by this much," Shima said between bouts of laughter.

"Yeah, well how does it feel to only be able to win at a kids' game," Suguro snapped back, looking a little disgruntled. Shima immediately looked down and grumbled something that I couldn't hear. There was suddenly a knock on the door and I jumped slightly. My eyes jumped to the clock on the bedside table and I was surprised to see it was already four o'clock.

"Come in!" I called and laid down a card in the discard pile. I looked up, as did the others, when the door swung open to reveal my brother and father. "Hey!" I said with a smile. "What's up?"

"Noting much, just checking on you," my father said with a small smile as he closed the door behind him. "Who are you friends?" he asked, surveying the room.

"Right, this is Suguro, Shima, and Rin," I said, pointing to them in turn. Suguro dipped him head in respect while Rin and Shima smiled cheekily.

"Hey, Tobias," Rin said. "Nice to see you again." I looked to my brother to see his eyes cold, no doubt not approving of three boys being in my hospital room. I bit the inside of my cheek in worry when I realized Rin's tail was hanging out for all to see. There are plenty of people with demon lineage. We don't have to say his father is satan.

"Nice to see you again too, Rin," Tobias said evenly and I held back a groan of frustration. My father then proceeded to be the kind person he was and break the tension by asking the boys a few questions, about there meisters and cram school itself, but nothing personal. Those seemed to reassure the boys and they feel into a comfortable conversation.

I turned to look at my brother as he plopped down on the bed next to me and pushed himself to lean against the headboard as well as my side. He pulled his knees up to his chest and listened to the conversation, asking a question here and there. Thankfully no one brought up Rin's tail, my father most likely being very curious but not wanting to scare the boy off. We talk for a while before Suguro decided he and the other boys should excuse themselves so I could have some time with my family. I waved to them and hid them goodbye.

When they were gone, I looked up at my father, waiting to be bombarded with questions. Instead, he said, "They seem nice." He sat down on my bed and continued. "You get along with everyone well?" he asked, brushing a stray hair out of my face. I nodded, a smile one my face when thinking of my friends.

"Yeah, they're all pretty nice and I get along with them well, mainly those three." Both my father and brother nodded, not really surprised; I had always gotten along better with boys.

"Okay, was it just me, or did I see a tail on that boy Rin?" my father asked, a frown on his face.

"Yeah, he's half demon," I said, worried about what they might say. Tobias glared and opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. "He's my best friend and one of the kindest people I've ever met; he would never hurt anyone," I snapped before my brother could say anything. The scowl did not leave his face, but he slumped back further into the headboard of the bed.

"I'm sure he is," my father soothed. "I just want you to be careful." I nodded, not really wanting to fight with him. The questions about the boys stopped there as to not aggravate me or my brother any further. My father caught me up on things that had happened at home which wasn't much, it never was. We lived in a small town where not much happened, but I liked it that way. Living in True Cross Town was definitely a huge change and it took some getting used to. I had to admit I was homesick and I just wanted to soak up this time which my small family for as long as humanly possible.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

2.4K 61 14
(Y/N) is shisui's best friend and they have the most stable bond out of everyone in Kohana. Shisui and (Y/N) are similar in ways , but when the clan...
15.7K 713 5
Y/n, the first princess of Ingary, is cursed by the witch of the waste. The king, tired of hiding his eldest daughter from the public eye requests wi...
247K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
593K 13.3K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.