The Story Of Our Lives.

Par coco1522ox

Modern day Bellarke AU. Two years after her parents divorce, Clarke, her mom and older brother move to a new... Plus

1. Fresh Start.
2. Eight Years Later.
3. Party Time.
A/N
5. Its my life!
6. Emotions Gone Wild.
7. Perfect Mistake.
8. Dinner Party.
9. Dinner Party - part two
10. Too messed up.
11. Empty Shell.
12. You broke my heart.
13. Dangerous Game.
14. Please don't say you love me.
15. Will you catch me if I fall?
16. You are not alone.
17. Family Reunion.
18. You got it backwards.
19. He'll treat her right.
A/N
20. Road Trip.
21. Camp Fire.
22. Remember Every Scar.
23. Surprising News.
24. Living a lie.
25. Hard to breathe
26. Sorry's not enough
27. Wedding Bells
28. Lets live for today.
29. All I Need.
30. All I Need pt 2.
31. Screaming On The Inside.
32. What's a Chest, Without a Heart?
33. You Still Have Hope?
A\N
34. I Trust You.
35. Together We Can.
A/N
PLEASE READ.
The Finale.
A/N

4. Life Lesson.

3K 83 138
Par coco1522ox

Clarke was something she hadn't been for a long time.

Nervous.

She hadn't been this nervous since she started at her new school when they moved. It was Friday. In three hours time she had her date with Finn. Clarke hadn't spoken to him face to face since the party. They'd only communicated via text message and the topic of them sleeping together had been avoided but Clarke knew they had to bring it up some time. When she'd finally called her mother to explain what had happened, Abby had been furious with her. Roan didn't speak to her for three days and she still hadn't told him where she was.

Bellamy had been acting weird around her lately too. It seemed like her friends were treating her differently ever since she slept with Finn. Not that she could blame them, it was so unlike Clarke to do something like that.

Clarke paced her room while Octavia sat on her bed. Two outfits laid on the bed in front of her.

"Clarke, calm down! He's only taking you to dinner." Octavia said.

"I know, but I haven't spoken to him since that night. What if he expects something serious from me?" Clarke said, running her hands through her wet hair.

"Tell him the truth. Anyway, isn't it about time you settled down and actually let someone take care of you?" Octavia raised her brow.

"I don't need someone to take care of me." Clarke glared at her best friend.

"Would it be so bad? I know Wells broke your heart but would it really be so bad to let someone else in?" Octavia said softly.

Clarke had briefly dated a young man called Wells, and for a while, Clarke thought she'd found the one. She was so in love with him, but he broke her heart. Apparently Clarke wasn't the only 'special' one in his life.

"I'm not relationship material O. I'm damaged and I'm too hard to love." Clarke sighed.

"Doesn't stop Bellamy." Octavia mumbled under her breath. Apparently Clarke hadn't heard her.

"I shouldn't have agreed to this." Clarke shook her head. "Is it too late to cancel?"

"Yes, it is! Now get ready! I'll be in the kitchen raiding your cupboards." Octavia grinned. She hopped off the bed and skipped out the room. Clarke simply rolled her eyes and kept quiet. She was used to her brother and friends treating her home as their own.

Clarke decided to curl her hair and leave it down. She let out a sigh as she sat down at her vanity and grabbed the hair dryer. After an hour, her hair was dry and styled, her make up was done and she'd finally decided on an outfit. She chose a black halter dress with a sparkly black belt. On her feet she wore a pair of red heels and a red clutch to complete the outfit. She stepped into the kitchen to find Roan, Bellamy, Lincoln, Murphy and Raven standing around the island.

"Is this too much?" Clarke asked, catching everyone's attention.

"Yes." Roan said bluntly. Clarke rolled her eyes.

"Shut up Roan, Clarke you look amazing!" Octavia squealed.

"Lincoln, Murphy? Male point of view that's not my brother?" Clarke asked cautiously.

"Looking good Clarke!" Murphy winked.

"I second that." Lincoln nodded.

"Thanks. Bell?" Clarke asked.

Bellamy looked stunned. He nodded his head and forced words out his mouth. "You look incredible."

Raven and Octavia exchanged a knowing smirk.

"Thanks. I feel overdressed." Clarke chuckled nervously.

"You are." Roan's tone was still blunt and sharp.

"Roan!" Octavia scolded.

Clarke's face changed from nervous to angry. She turned on her heel and walked into her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

"Seriously?!" Octavia exclaimed.

"What? She wanted my opinion, I gave it to her." Roan shrugged.

"Roan, she's nervous! Two hours ago she wanted to cancel the date. She's scared!" Octavia said.

"Clarke doesn't get scared." Roan scoffed.

"She's not scared of the date Ro, she's scared that you won't approve. She knows you're not happy about what she did and she hates herself for it." Octavia said sadly.

"Bellamy, if you were in this situation with Octavia, what would you do?" Roan said, turning to Bellamy.

"Why do you always include me in this crap?" Bellamy groaned.

"Just answer the question."

"I wouldn't be happy. In fact I'd have probably killed Finn by now. But I wouldn't push Octavia out if she needed my help." Bellamy said.

"Look, I've known Clarke longer than any of you. I know my sister. She's fine. Doesn't matter what I say, she'll do what she wants." Roan argued.

Clarke's bedroom door opened and the room fell silent. Clarke walked into the kitchen. She'd changed her clothes and taken off her make up. Her hair was now in a ponytail and instead of the dress and heels, she wore grey joggers, a black vest and had bare feet. She didn't say a word as she walked up to the fridge, pulled out a bottle of water and walked back into her room.

"Still think she'll do what she wants?" Raven smirked.

"I hate you all." Roan rolled his eyes as he pushed himself off the stool and headed for Clarke's room.

"We love you too!" Octavia called over her shoulder.

Roan knocked on the door and waited.

"Go away"

"Clarke, open the door." Roan sighed.

"No."

"Clarke, just let me in. I will kick down the door if you don't." Roan warned. He heard a groan and the sound of footsteps followed by the sound of the lock clicking.

Roan pushed the door open and stepped into the room. Clarke sat on her bed, her phone twirling in her hands. She didn't look at Roan as he closed the door behind him and sat beside her on the bed.

"You're gonna be late for your date if you don't get ready." Roan said.

"I'm not going. I've already cancelled." Clarke said, looking at her hands.

"Why?" Roan asked.

"Because it's obviously a bad idea. You've made that pretty clear." Clarke spat.

"Since when do you listen to me?" Roan smirked.

When Clarke didn't say anything, Roan spoke again. He let out a long sigh before speaking.

"Clarke, I'm sorry about what happened out there. You did look nice. It's just, you know I'm just trying to look out for you. I'm not angry at you for sleeping with Finn. It just took me by surprise that's all." Roan said, turning to face her.

"So you don't hate me?" Clarke sniffled.

"No I don't hate you. You're a pain in the ass but you're my sister. I love you Clarke, and it doesn't matter what you do, I always will." Roan smiled.

"Thanks bro. I love you too." Clarke smiled back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed tightly. Ever since they stopped seeing their father, Clarke had relied on Roan more. Roan had become even more protective of Clarke and their mother too. Since he was the only male figure in their lives now, he felt that it was his responsibility to take care of his family.

"So, do you still have time to get your glam on?" Roan said.

"Probably not. Besides, I already text him and said I couldn't make it." Clarke shrugged.

"Well then, how about I get us a pizza and we can chill with those morons tonight?" Roan asked, a mischievous smile on his face.

"When have you ever known me to turn down free food?" Clarke smirked.

Roan let out a deep chuckle and tousled Clarke's hair before standing up and leaving. He went back to the kitchen to find everyone still there.

"How is she?" Octavia asked as Roan reached the kitchen.

"She's fine. She still won't go on the date so we're getting pizza, who's in?" Roan asked.

"Operation cheer up Clarke?" Raven smirked.

"Me and Lincoln will get the movie! Murphy and Raven, stock the fridge. Roan, go get that pizza!" Octavia cheered.

"What about Bellamy?" Murphy asked.

"What else would I be doing? I'm babysitting an emotional Clarke." Bellamy rolled his eyes. He was joking of course, he was happy to stay with Clarke.

"Alright people, let's do this!" Octavia said forcefully.

Roan rolled his eyes. "Calm down O. It's a pizza night, not mission impossible."

"Don't kill my vibe." Octavia glared at Roan.

The five of them left and Bellamy was left alone in Clarke's kitchen. He decided to go and check on Clarke so he made his way to her bedroom and knocked once before pushing the door open. Clarke was still sat on her bed, this time looking out the window.

"You okay?" Bellamy asked as he walked into the room.

Clarke's head whipped round as she jumped slightly at the sound of his voice. "Shit Bell!"

Bellamy fought back a laugh and flopped down beside her on the bed. Clarke leant back and let her head rest on his shoulder.

"Where is everyone anyway?" Clarke asked.

"Pizza, beers, movies." Bellamy listed. He didn't need to say more, Clarke knew what he meant.

"Good, I'm starving." Clarke groaned.

Bellamy wrapped an arm around Clarke's shoulders. "When aren't you starving?"

The two of them sat in silence for a few minutes, simply enjoying each other's company, until there was a sharp knock on the apartment door.

"You expecting company?" Bellamy asked, his eyebrows creased together.

"No, Roan must have left his key here." Clarke said thoughtfully as she climbed over him to get off the bed.

Bellamy followed Clarke down the hall. He followed on to the kitchen as Clarke opened the door.

"About time, I'm starving." Clarke teased but froze suddenly when she saw who was at her door.

"Too sick huh?" Finn scoffed.

"Finn." Clarke stammered.

To make matters more awkward, Bellamy walked into the hall.

"I hope you got extra... oh, hi." Bellamy said awkwardly.

"Seriously? You blew off our date for him?" Finn asked.

"No, I didn't blow off the date Finn. I told you, it's just not a good time." Clarke tried to explain.

"You did Clarke. You cancelled the date because you said you didn't feel well, so I came here to check up on you and yet you're fine. Not to mention you're with Bellamy, again!" Finn argued.

"He was already here! I didn't invite him over." Clarke exclaimed.

"I think I should go." Bellamy said awkwardly.

"Yeah maybe you should." Finn spat.

"Finn! I know you're angry but this is my apartment. You don't get to decide who leaves." Clarke scolded.

"Why did you cancel Clarke? I thought we had something." Finn said, his tone softening.

"I've know you a week Finn." Clarke said.

She was starting to get an uneasy feeling about Finn.

"At least give me a chance." Finn begged.

"I can't tonight, my brother is coming back any minute." Clarke explained. She saw Finns face fall. "Why don't you come in?"

Clarke could feel Bellamy's eyes burning into the back of her head. A single glance at her best friend told her that Bellamy didn't like this guy much. He felt uneasy just like she did. But Clarke felt bad about cancelling the date, so she invited him in. Finn nodded his head and walked in.

"Go make yourself comfy, I'll be in soon." Clarke smiled.

Finn nodded and walked into the living room. Clarke closed the door and Bellamy grabbed her arm, pulling her down the hall.

"Are you crazy? Why would you invite him in?" Bellamy hissed quietly.

"Because I felt bad. I didn't think he'd come all the way here to check on me!" Clarke whispered back.

"I don't trust him, he gives me the creeps." Bellamy said.

"It's fine, it's just Finn." Clarke shook her head.

"He's obsessed with you Clarke. He's been talking about you non stop at work, and now suddenly he's showing up on your doorstep!" Bellamy said, struggling to keep his voice down.

"He's not obsessed. He was probably just excited. I can't kick him out now Bell." Clarke said helplessly.

Before Bellamy could respond, the front door opened again and Roan and co stepped inside, yelling for Clarke.

"We settled on fast and furious. It was either that or some sappy love film Octavia wanted to watch." Murphy rolled his eyes as he carried a crate of beer.

"Finns here guys." Clarke said sheepishly.

"Why?" Roan asked over the stack of pizza boxes.

"He showed up on the doorstep claiming he was checking on Clarke." Bellamy cocked an eyebrow.

"What was your excuse for not going tonight?" Raven asked.

"I just told him I didn't feel well." Clarke shrugged.

"And now he's here?" Roan asked.

Clarke nodded her head. Maybe she shouldn't have invited him in. But she felt guilty for cancelling on him. She'd pushed away the uneasy feeling and let him into her home. At least her friends were here now. She knew Bellamy didn't trust Finn but at least he was here for her.

"Good thing we got plenty of food then." Lincoln chuckled.

The small group filed into the kitchen to find Finn with his back to them.

"You hungry?" Clarke asked as they walked in.

"Well considering we were supposed to be getting dinner, yes I am." Finn said. Clarke knew we was joking but something in his eyes told her that he was actually very annoyed.

Apparently Roan and Bellamy had seen it too, given my the look on Bellamy's face and the way Roan's jaw tensed. Clarke tried to convince herself that Finn was probably just bummed out that she'd cancelled without a real reason. But she was also struggling to ignore the unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

166K 3.1K 34
Bellarke ~~ Clarke just moved into her dorm for her first year of college with best friend Raven. The girls roommate, Octavia Blake, happens to be th...
21.4K 518 20
Clarke struggles with leading the camp and her personal life. It is hard being a leader at the age of seventeen, almost eighteen. She has a secret th...
1.8K 108 18
Bellamy and Octavia are Clarke's family. Simple as that. They have been since she was 5 years old. And now, a sophomore in college, nothing has chang...
24.3K 1.2K 37
Modern Day Bellarke, There's a new librarian in town, Clarke works in a place filled with hundreds of stories, but the only one she won't share is he...