The Boy with the Two Toned Ha...

By dark_kai_art

(F/N) was a shy girl just trying to float her way through school, but that all changed when her great grandfa... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chatper Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Bonus 1
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Bonus 2
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Epilogue
Two Pink Lines

Chapter Six

5.7K 194 83
By dark_kai_art

Please enjoy and leave a comment! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Weeks passed and I began to feel more comfortable in cram school. I knew most of my teachers well enough and the cram school students were still nice. We had become more of a team for the most part, but like any team, there were still arguments. The first argument had been between Suguro and Rin which led me to my first experience with collective detention. Mr. Okumura had explained it and I could see the rational behind it, but that didn't make me any more happy about it.

Through the weeks of school, I felt more comfortable with being myself. I still tried my hardest to be patient, but I was more outgoing in class and on field missions. As I got acclimated to the class, my confidence level shot up and I could tell the other students and teachers noticed it. Shima and Rin had told me they noticed. I had originally been shocked, not noticing it myself, but they quickly assured me it was a good change.

I now got along better with the boys except for Suguro who still in insisted on pushing me away. He was nice during our tutoring sessions which were going quite well, but he was a totally different person in class. I wasn't sure what to think and I was trying to find enough courage to ask him.

I was currently sitting at a table with him in the library. I was beginning to understand the class and my grade was rising steadily. Suguro was allowed to see my grades and never mentioned stopping the lessons. I figured he would tell me when he thought I was ready. I was working on the homework silently while Suguro worked on his. He asked me to complete it on my own so he could check it and see what I knew.

"Hey, Suguro?" I wasn't sure where that came from, but I pressed on when Suguro hummed, telling me to continue. "Why don't you like me?" I asked, still unsure why I was asking him things such as this. Since when do I care what he thinks of me? One side of my argued. Don't kid yourself, you've always cared what other people think, even if it doesn't matter. The other countered. I seemed to have stunned Suguro to silence. "I mean, Shima said you see me as competition, but..." I trailed off not sure where I was going with this. I felt heat rush to my face. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that," I stuttered.

"No, it's fine. It's understandable," he said, shocking me. "I just have a hard time trusting people, I guess. I didn't mean for it to come off as rude," he told me, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh," I said. "Me too. Maybe that's why I was worried about if people like me or not." I looked up at him and his eyes silently told me to continue; that he wanted to understand. "I was bullied last year. Maybe that's why I care so much," I muttered, putting my head down. "I know I shouldn't, but I do." Why am I telling him all this? I barely know him! Maybe that's why it's so easy, to tell someone you barely know. There isn't the fear of losing them.

"Give me your phone," he demanded.

"Uh?" I said, looking up to see his hand extended. "Why?" I asked, suspicious of his intentions.

"I'm going to put my number in it," he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "That way you can text me if you need to talk or if you need help with homework." I was shocked by this new side of the boy, but handed him my phone nonetheless. "Like you said, I'm not the most approachable person in the world," he began. Oh my gosh, he remembered that? "But you know as well as I do how much Mr. Okumura stresses that we're a team," he explained while typing his number and name in my phone. "We have to look out for each other, so if you have any problems, just text me." Once I got over my shock, I took my phone back and smiled at the older student.

"Thank you," I told him. We worked for a few minutes in a comfortable silence until we were both done with the homework. He looked over my answers and I only had two wrong.

"Good, you're improving. Well," he said, handing my paper back to me. "We're done for today." I quickly gathered my stuff and looked up to see Suguro standing, but not making a move to leave. "Take your time, I just thought I'd walk you walk to your dorm." My face flushed with heat and I nodded, not looking at him. We walked back in silence and I walked stiffly, unsure of the situation. I stopped when I reached my dorm building and turned to look at the tall boy.

"Thank you, Suguro, for everything," I told him, nervously tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow, (Y/N)," he said casually before walked off. I stood silently for a few minutes watching his retreating form. Why did he offer to walk me back like it was nothing? I can't figure that guy out. I sighed, knowing I would never understand boys. I walked up the stairs and into the dorm building, deep in thought. I felt a strange feeling in my chest that I hadn't felt since the previous year. No, you don't like him and he doesn't like you. You thought you're ex liked you and look how that turned out. We're not going back to that. Don't get your hopes up. He was just being nice. God has a plan and he'll find the right man for you when it's time. Don't force anything.

I sighed heavily when I got back to room and flopped onto the bed. I was still trying to recover from the previous year's constant bullying and heart break and betrayal. I thought maybe this year would be a little easier, but my hormones are still ever present and annoying. I laid my arms over my eyes, but rolled over when my phone starting buzzing. I grabbed to see that my best friend, Alyssa, was texting me.

Alyssa
5:32
Hey! How's school?

Me
5:32
It's alright. Stressful as always. Regular school starts up in two weeks. Not quite sure I'm ready for double the work

Alyssa
5:33
I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll do great! Text me if you need anything.

Me
5:33
I will, thank you. So what's happening at home? Is anyone asking about me? I hope not...

I had only told her where I was and what was going on. I felt that no one else needed to know. I simply told a few of my closest friends, which were few and far between, that I was transferring schools. When they had asked why, I told them my dad thought this school would be more of a challenge, which wasn't a complete lie.

Alyssa
5:35
Only a few people from marching band. Elizabeth and Hannah have been a little worried. Don't be mad, but I told them what had been going on in 8th grade...

Me
5:35
No no I'm not mad. They deserve to know. I just didn't want to bring it up.

Alyssa
5:36
I understand. And Jason has been asking. You didn't tell him?

Me
5:37
No. I thought that putting as much space between us would be best. Tobias keeps telling me I need to be more open and tell people the truth, but I don't know how. I don't really wanna start anything back up again and I'm afraid it'll get out to other people.

Alyssa
5:38
Oh ok. I get it. Well anyway, my mom wanted to know if we could visit. She has a few things for you.

I smiled, thinking of Alyssa's family. In the few years that I had known her, her family seemed to be my second. They took me shopping with them and treated me as their own daughter. I wondered everyday how she could put up with me everyday for so long, but I thanked God that she did. She showed me what I wanted in a friend and who a true friend really was.

Me
5:40
Yeah you can come this weekend if you want. I have cram school on Saturday morning til 12 and we're off on Sunday. And you can tell her she doesn't have to bring me anything.

Alyssa
5:40
I told her you would say that, but she wants to. Will I get to meet some of your friends from cram school?

I bit my nail, thinking. She might like Rin, Shima too.

Me
5:41
Yeah, if they're around which they probably will be.

Alyssa
5:41
Ok. See you then. Sorry, I have to go. My mom's calling me for dinner. Bye.

Me
5:41
Ok. See ya.

I switched my phone off and got up. I should probably go eat something as well.

{Line Break}

The weekend had come before I knew. It was Saturday and I was sitting in Mr. Okumura's class, the last class of the day. Mady was coming at 12:30 and I couldn't seem to sit Alyssa. Every time I shifted in my seat, I could feel Suguro's eyes on me. Because I was looking forward to something, time seemed to pass at snail speed. I tried my best to pay attention, but I was distracted and ready to be done for the day. I just wanted to hang with out with my friend who I hadn't seen for a few months.

When the bell finally rang, I jumped up and stuffed my things into my bag, not caring if papers were messed up. Rin called after me and stopped me in my tracks in the door way. I turned to look at him. He had his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his face. "Now I'm positive you've got a date," he said. Shima failed at containing his laughter and Suguro just glared when my face went red.

"N-no! I already told you there's no date!" I spluttered. "My friend is just visiting!" I tried to explain, but they didn't seem convinced. Something inside me snapped. This is exactly what happened the previous year; people sticking their noses where they didn't belong. I was tired of it and I knew I had to stop it in its tracks before it continued. "Look, even if I was going on a date, it's none of your damn business," I growled. Without waiting for a response, I slipped through the door and started down the hall, grumbling under my breath. I reached my locker and crammed my bag in, figuring I'd get it on Monday before a new mission that Mr. Okumura had just previously announced.

I slammed my locker door shut and turned only to run smack into a wall of muscle. I stumbled, but felt firm hands on my shoulders keeping me upright. Looking up, I meet the dark brown eyes of Suguro. The normal glower was gone from his face and his eyes seemed warmer than normal. "Are you okay?" he asked, his gruff voice unusually soft.

"Yes," I said shortly. His eyes asked for me to continue, but I said, "I really don't want to talk about it right now." I looked down and shuffled my feet.

"That's fine, but remember what I told you the other day, okay?" I nodded silently. "Well, I don't think you'll have to deal with their comments anymore; you gave 'em quiet a shock." I looked up to see him smirking and I blushed. "Well, I got to go and you have somewhere to be. See ya, (Y/N)." I couldn't find my voice to wish him good bye as he turned and walked in the opposite direction. I sighed and leaned against my locker unsure of my feelings, unsure of his intentions, and unsure about just about everything.

I shook myself off and headed off to the fountain where I told Alyssa I would meet her. I sat down and took my phone out to read. I repeatedly kicked my right leg out let my heel thump against the concrete. I read until I heard my name being called. I looked up with a smile to see my best friend standing with her mother, and little sister. I hopped up and ran over to her, grabbing her into a hug.

"You get a hug whether you like it or not!" I cried happily. She laughed and told me she had missed me. I released her and turned to her family. Her mom gave me a hug as did her little sister. "I'm happy you could come to visit," I told them, barely containing my my excitement.

"Of course," Alyssa's mom said. We then proceeded to catch up and they asked me about cram school. They knew about the demons as Alyssa also had a temptaint. She had actually gotten her's from the same demon I had gotten mine from. We had been hanging out in the backyard, playing with my dog. We had a sizable amount of forest behind our house and a demon had come racing from it. Of course we couldn't see it yet, and it attacked us. I had never seen my father more scared in my life when we ran into the house with blood running down our arms. He had then called a friend of the family who had worked with my mother before her untimely death. He had exterminated the demon and a few of their kin who were lingering in the forest. Dad hadn't let me into the backyard alone for a week afterward.

The rest of their visit went very smoothly and I managed to avoid the topic of being injured and the tutoring. They took me out for lunch and I showed them around campus. Alyssa was a year younger than me and was planning on attending high school at True Cross Academy. Though she was a year younger than me, she was planning on skipping a year as she was insanely smart; she was going to attend on a full ride. She wouldn't be joining the cram school, but I was super excited to have her around in regular classes.

Alyssa and her family walked me back to the fountain; I was going to meet the others there. Rin had invited, Suguro, Shima, Konekomaru, and me to his dorm to hang out, though Konekomaru had declined. I wasn't quite sure what he had in store, but it's wasn't a school night and I didn't have anything else to do.

As we neared the main courtyard, I could hear my friends before I saw them. I sighed and Alyssa sent me a sidelong glance. We turned a corner and I found Suguro and Rin practically screaming at each other, over something stupid no doubt. I started forward at a quicker pace and shouted, "What are you doing, you idiots? I'm not getting detention again because you two don't have any self control." This seemed to get their attention as they immediately quieted and took a step back from each other. Rin wouldn't look at me and Suguro was rubbing my back of his neck sheepishly. Shima, who was sitting on the fountain, burst out laughing and nearly fell in the water, catching himself at the last second.

I turned when I heard Alyssa and her mom giggling quietly. "Seems like you found a replacement for the Jackson boys at your new school." I laughed heartily at her comment; probably he first true laugh since before the bullying started. "Who are those guys anyway?" Alyssa asked, eyeing the boys over my shoulder.

"Just guys in my cram school class. They were probably just fighting over something stupid as usual," I said through a sigh. Alyssa laughed again before we said our goodbyes. As they walked away, I turned back to the boys who were now sitting relatively quiet. "What?" I asked. No one answered. After a minute, Shima finally decided to break the silence.

"Geez, it's like a whole other person." I blushed as his comment and turned away.

"Are we going or not?"

"Yup! Lets go!" Rin said excitedly before jumping over and throwing an arm around my shoulder, leading me in the direction of his dorm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 83.6K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
12.3K 206 20
Y/N Gane, the courageous sister of Shiro, takes center stage as the Paladin of the Purple Lion. Joining forces with the Paladins-Keith, Lance, Pidge...
209K 6.1K 27
{Complete} A Jellal x Reader story... Jellal knows what he's done. It haunts his dreams. It's what he sees every time he closes his eyes. The pain he...
211K 6.5K 24
(Y/n) hates being a ghoul, and Uta wants her back to the ghoul she used to be. Can he help her go back to what she once was?