𝐀𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐑 ━━ HARRY P...

By velvetagee

❝ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝘕𝘈𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈? ❞ 𝐀𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐑 ↳ 𝘌𝘋𝘔𝘜𝘕𝘋 𝘗𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕... More

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑
𝐀𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐑
𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐐/𝐀 + 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

4.7K 180 306
By velvetagee

Au Revoir - Chapter Twenty-One

SATURDAY IS THE TIME OF REST TO MOST OF THE students of Hogwarts. Usually, she would go to the Black Lake with Harry, Ron, and Hermione to read under a tree. Or go to the library to do some light reading with Hermione.

But today, Charlotte had other plans.

She decided to take her friends' advice and call it a day off and sleep the whole day. Merlin knows how hard she's been working her arse off in her school works – she barely had time to sleep anymore.

However, her plans have been disputed as Hermione threatened to – I quote – "hide all of your Sherlock Holmes books – including the signed first edition that you bought for about nine thousand five hundred pounds." And with that said, the blonde trudge down to the entrance hall and stole toast from innocent by-passers while they watched those who were of age as put their name slips into the Goblet of Fire.

And although Charlotte was too stubborn to admit it – she really did miss hanging around with Harry, Ron, and Hermione a lot. She felt more at ease and relaxed around them.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Ron asked a nearby third-year girl eagerly.

"All the Durmstrang lot," she replied. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," said Harry. "I would've if it had been me... wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

Charlotte opened her mouth to answer but stopped when she heard a very familiar laugh that echoed from the entrance hall.

Loud thumping of feet hit the marble floor, Charlotte snapped her head towards the staircase and saw Fred, George, and Lee with their infamous mischievous grins on the curves of their lips.

"Done it," said Fred, whispering to Quartet excitedly. "Just taken it. "

"You didn't," said Charlotte, wide-eyed, making her drop her buttered toast on the floor.

"What?" asked Ron, earning, yet another eye roll from Charlotte ( which she seems to be doing it quite a lot recently. )

"The Aging Potion, dung brains," said Fred.

Fred reached out his thumb and swiped it along the sides of Charlotte's lips, wiping off the crumbs left from the toast she was munching on before she dropped it.

Charlotte waved his hand away, scowling at him as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She won't admit it – but she definitely felt her heart flutter a bit at the kind gesture. It was silly – Fred Weasley has always been a brother to her. Even before her silly two-year-old school girl crush on Oliver Wood, she did kind of liked Fred... she thinks? Maybe because he was always there for her when she had a row with her Dad during her first year. Or maybe because she thought maybe it was because he was always kind to her even if she was the most uptight, stubborn, and loudest girl there is. ( And this is why God sent Anthony Goldstein to Charlotte – ever – so – clueless – about – human – emotions – Andrews. )

"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," said Lee, grinning broadly at the Quartet.

People would've thought he had got the money with how big his grin was.

"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know," said Hermione warningly. "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this. "

Charlotte snorted, "of course Dumbledore will have thought of this happening – he might be a bit mad but we all know that the man is a genius,"

Fred, George, and Lee ignored their warnings.

"Ready?" Fred said to the other two, shaking with excitement. "C'mon, then – I'll go first –"

The Quartet watched Fred with different emotions.

Charlotte had a gleeful expression on her face – oh how she can't wait for what's about to happen.

Hermione looked like a nervous wreck – biting her nails anxiously as Fred came nearer and nearer towards the Goblet.

Harry and Ron, on the other hand, were both fascinated as they watched Fred walk up to the edge of the line with his name slip on his hand.

Charlotte felt her grin falter when Fred stepped over the line, George's yell of triumph made him leap after Fred with his own name slip clutched in his hand.

For a second, everyone in the entrance hall thought it had worked. What happened next made Charlotte cackle a laughter as both of the twins hurled out of the age line and landed about ten feet from the enchanted Goblet.

The next moment made everyone in the entrance hall laugh even harder – Fred and George sprouted identical long white beards that she thought could rival Dumbledores.

"I did warn you," said Dumbledore in a deep and amused voice. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours. "

The last comment made Charlotte laugh even harder, doubling over as she felt a sharp pain from her stomach from all the laughing.

"You both should've listened to me!" called Charlotte in a sing-song voice as Fred and George set off for the hospital wing with Lee accompanying them. He too was howling with laughter.

The Golden Quartet set off for breakfast at the Great Hall. As it was Halloween, the Great Hall was decorated with live bats fluttering around and about a hundred carved pumpkins leered from every corner.

Charlotte hadn't stop chortling as Harry led them over to Dean and Seamus, who were discussing those Hogwarts students of seventeen or over who might be entering.

"There's a rumor going around that Warrington got up early and put his name in," Dean told Harry. "That big bloke from Slytherin who looks like a sloth. "

Charlotte gave a false gasp, "Don't be mean to sloths!" she says, taking a bite out of her bacon.

"We can't have a Slytherin champion!" said Harry in disgust.

"And all the Hufflepuffs are talking about Diggory," said Seamus disdainfully. "But I wouldn't have thought he'd have wanted to risk his good looks. "

Charlotte frowned, "Oh, come off it – Cedric is a – err – nice guy!"

Seamus snorted, "You're only saying that because he's handsome,"

Charlotte felt her face turn crimson. She glared at Seamus, "Sod off, Finnigan," and shoved a piece of toast in her mouth, turning away from the snickering blonde.

"Listen!" said Hermione out of the blue.

A sound of cheering could be heard from outside the Great Hall. Charlotte turned in her seat and saw Angelina Johnson coming into the Hall with a grin of her face. Angelina came over to the Gryffindor table and sat down.

"Well, I've done it! Just put my name in!"

"Congratulations, Ange!" exclaimed Charlotte, reaching out to high five the brown-eyed witch.

Angelina chuckled and high fived the ecstatic blonde. "Thanks, Charlie,"

"You're kidding!" said Ron, looking impressed.

"Are you seventeen, then?" asked Harry.

"Course she is, can't see a beard, can you?" said Ron.

"I had my birthday last week," said Angelina.

"Well, I'm glad someone from Gryffindor's entering," said Hermione. "I really hope you get it, Angelina!"

"Thanks, Hermione," said Angelina, smiling at her.

"Yeah, better you than Pretty-Boy Diggory," said Seamus, causing several Hufflepuffs passing their table to scowl heavily at him.

"Seriously!" huffed Charlotte, glaring daggers at the sandy blonde boy in front of her. "I agree, he's quite the looker, but apart from that he's very nice and I think he's capable of being a Hogwarts champion – right, Ange?"

Angelina nodded in agreement, "I've talked to him before, he's very nice," Angelina turned to Charlotte with a teasing grin on her face.

Oh no.

"He's asked me about you, Charlie – I bet he fancies you,"

The Gryffindor table erupted in teasing ooohs and laughter. Charlotte felt her ears turn red and slumped down on her seat.

As if Cedric would fancy her. She's Charlotte – I – never – had – a – boyfriend Andrews we're talking about.

"Charlie probably fancies him back – look at her face!" chortled Seamus, causing Hermione to nudge Charlotte teasingly.

Charlotte scowled, and threw a piece of her bacon in Seamus' face, causing the Gryffindor table to howl in laughter.

"What're we going to do today, then?" Ron asked Charlotte, Harry, and Hermione after the whole breakfast fiasco with Charlotte and Seamus throwing food at each other.

"We haven't been down to visit Hagrid yet," said Harry.

"Okay," said Ron, "just as long as he doesn't ask us to donate a few fingers to the skrewts. "

Charlotte looked down on her shirt, which had food stains all over. "Well, I might need change – I don't want the skrewts to think that I'm their breakfast,"

Hermione's face brightened, "I've just realized – I haven't asked Hagrid to join S. P. E. W. yet!"

Charlotte, Harry, and Ron sent each other looks that Hermione didn't seem to notice, "Wait for us, will you, while Charlotte and I nip upstairs and I get the badges?"

She didn't bother waiting for their reply and pulled Charlotte towards the marble staircase.

"Come on!" said Hermione, pulling the blonde towards the Gryffindor tower.

Charlotte laughed, "calm down, Mione',"

She really did miss hanging out with her friends. The countless adventures they had, and Hermione's constant bickering with Ron. The playful teasing with Harry and Ron. She didn't understand why she missed them so much when she'd been gone for about three months because of her accident.

"Bladerdash,"

The portrait opened and Charlotte and Hermione climbed in and stalked up the stairs of the girl's dormitories.

She quickly took a light blue sweater and a pair of denim overalls and her favorite pastel yellow sneakers from her trunk quickly slipped them on.

Hermione had already gotten her badges and was already down at the common room waiting for Charlotte.

Charlotte hurried to her nightstand where she placed a large mirror and quickly brushed her hair, entangling her curls to make herself rather presentable. She glanced at the mirror and gave a loud yelp, dropping her brush to the floor.

A great lion stood behind her in the mirror.

"Charlotte..."

Charlotte whipped her head back and saw nothing behind her. She quickly picked the brush up from the floor and hastily placed it back on her nightstand before dashing off to the common room.

Hermione stood by the exit holding her box of badges that rattled when she moved.

"Charlie, I've – are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," said Hermione worriedly.

The blonde hastily tied her hair into a messy bun with her ponytail. She tried to muster a smile, "There are literal ghosts roaming around the castle, Mione'," she said, interlocking her arm with her bushy-haired friend.

The two girls climbed out of the portrait hole and came to an abrupt halt as Cedric Diggory stood in front of them in the flesh.

"Cedric!" said Charlotte, surprised. "What're you doing here?"

Cedric felt his Adam's apple bob up as a blush spread to his cheeks. "I – uh – wanted to talk to you,"

Charlotte felt self-conscious in front of the Grey-eyed Hufflepuff. She probably looked like a mess in his eyes.

Hermione cleared her throat and removed Charlotte's interlocked arm from hers, "I'll just go – see you later, Charlie!" she winked and quickly made her way down the marble staircase.

Charlotte felt her stomach flutter nervously. It often did that when she was with Cedric. She can't help it – he was rather attractive.

Cedric scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, his ears were now red.

"I – uh –"

"Stop doing that," said Charlotte, laughing at how adorable he was doing.

"Stop what?"

"Acting all adorable – my stomach feels all weird inside and I think my heart's doing cartwheels," said Charlotte bluntly, with a smile decorated on her face.

Cedric felt his own lips curl upward, this girl I swear.

"So – what did you want to talk about?" asked Charlotte curiously.

Nervousness started to bubble up Cedric's stomach once again, "Well I – I wanted to – um –"

Charlotte giggled, "You're cute when you stutter,"

"Only when I stutter?" asked Cedric, pretending to be hurt.

She rolled her eyes playfully with a hint of a smile on her face, "Come on – I'll race you to the dungeons!"

Charlotte broke into a sprint and ran down the stairs, passing a group of confused first-year Gryffindors who were going to the common room.

"Hey – wait up!"

Charlotte zigzagged around the school corridors, passing Pavarti and Lavender who was probably out gossiping about boys.

"Charlie?" asked Parvati, as the blonde passed her.

"Oh – hi Parvati," said Charlotte, before continuing her run.

"Charlie! Slow down!" yelled Cedric as he ran past a confused Parvati and Lavender.

"Come on, slowpoke! You can do better than that!" called Charlotte, laughing as she ran down the stairs carefully, knowing how clumsy she could be.

Cedric picked up his pace, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

The blonde passed by Fred, George, and Lee, who came fresh out of the Great Hall beardless. Fred was about to take a bite out of his buttered toast when the mischievous blonde swooped in and took the toast out of his grasp.

"Not again! Charlie, I swear I'll get you back!" bellowed Fred as he watched Charlotte run down in the dungeons with Cedric a few paces back.

"What the bloody hell?" said Fred and George together.

"Well – that's nothing you see every day," said Lee, before making their way out of the entrance hall.

Charlotte stopped abruptly at the painting of a bowl of fruit. Cedric came in after a while, panting heavily.

"You – "he pointed at the blonde, sliding down to the cold floors of the dungeons. "Are a fast runner," he gulped, trying to steady his breathing.

Charlotte stared at the painting, "Do you know how to get to the kitchens?"

Cedric looked at her quizzically, but nevertheless answered, "Tickle a pear on the painting,"

She looked at Cedric questionably before reaching out her finger to tickle the pear. Much to her surprise, the pear giggled and turned into a green door handle, revealing a door.

Charlotte glanced at Cedric with a mischievous smirk and turned the door handle, pushing the door open.

The kitchen was a gigantic, high-ceilinged room with five tables identical to the ones in the Great Hall. There were large quantities of pots and pans heaped around the stone walls on counter-tops or stoves and a large brick fireplace at the other end of the hall from the door. There were House-elves that littered around the place that were busy preparing for the Halloween Feast for the tonight.

"Hello, Miss! Anything you'd like to eat?" asked a nearby House-elf that had big tennis ball like green eyes.

The House-elf was an odd one. He wore a tea cozy as a hat with a number of badges on it, a tie patterned with horseshoes over a bare chest, a pair of what looked like children's soccer shorts. His feet supported a normal black sock and the other a pink and orange striped sock.

"Oh – can I have a cup of hot chocolate and a slice of strawberry shortcake please?" said Charlotte, turning back to Cedric who had shut the kitchen door shut. "How about you?"

"Oh – I'll have a cup of tea and some biscuits please, thank you," said Cedric, setting himself down at the nearest table.

Charlotte followed suit and sat down at the opposite of Cedric.

"Why'd you bring me here?" asked Cedric.

Charlotte shrugged, "You said you wanted to talk and I wanted to eat,"

"But we just had breakfast,"

"Well, I didn't really get to eat that much because of my friends – they kept teasing me the whole time and I spent the hour chucking food up their faces,"

said Charlotte casually, crossing her legs from under the table, chewing on her bottom lip as she watched the House-elves do their work.

She felt so nervous being alone with Cedric and she wanted the bubbling sensation on her stomach to stop. She was self-conscious and insecure and that wasn't like her at all. She felt like a girl.

"Why did they keep teasing you?" asked Cedric.

Charlotte propped and elbow on the table and rested her cheek in her palm, "They think you like me – which is totally bazaar cause' I would've noticed or something like that," she rambled, averting her eyes away from him.

"But I do like you,"

Charlotte felt her cheeks develop a pink tinge. She felt her heart race and her palms were sweaty. Bloody hell what do I do – where's Anthony when I need him? Oh bloody hell, bloody hell, bloody hell!

"I mean – as a friend, you know,"

Charlotte felt her stomach drop and felt a sudden feeling of nausea, "Oh,".

A small part of her thought that Cedric did like her. She knew it was too good to be true. She was Charlotte Juliet Andrews for goodness sake! She has better things to do than to mope around because of a boy. A boy!

Cedric was gazing at the blonde as she was all flustered – which is a first for the girl, she was normally very cool about these things. Charlotte was chewing on her bottom lip as she avoided his eyes, too embarrassed to say anything.

Cedric internally groaned – he did like her.

A lot.

' Do you know how many times I pass by the Gryffindor tower to maybe see you go out? How many times I waited for class to end so I could see you at lunch or at dinner? How many times I skip meals to catch a glimpse of you in the library? You drive me absolutely crazy and my heart beats like crazy every time I see you laugh or smile! ' was what he wanted to say to her – but he couldn't get the words out in fear of rejection.

Charlotte is just too good for him.

The silence was broken when the House-elf came back with their food, placing them down on the table.

Charlotte cleared her throat awkwardly, "Thank you," she muttered out with a kind smile etched on her face towards the House-elf. The House-elf smiled brightly and went its way.

"So – um – what did you want to talk about?" said Charlotte awkwardly as she avoided Cedric's eyes.

Charlotte took a spoonful of her cake and ate it. This is really good... I might ask for another slice after I finish this...

"W-What?" Cedric spluttered out his tea in surprise.

The blonde looked up with a confused look etched on her face, "You know... the reason why you went to the Gryffindor tower this morning?"

"Oh – that thing! Yeah, I was – uh – wondering if you wanted to –"

"Wanted to?" said Charlotte slowly, getting a bit impatient. Wanted to what?

Cedric's Adam's apple bobbed up and down nervously, "Uh – if you needed a tutor or something! Yeah – I've noticed that you're having a hard time with your studies and I'm happy to help you if you want," he rambled.

Charlotte smiled gleefully – she really needed help in her studies, Hermione was already busy with her own.

"Really? You won't mind?"

"No – not at all!" said Cedric, taking a sip of his tea.

Charlotte swung her mug of hot chocolate to her lips, the heat tingling down her throat. She put it down and wiped her lips, "So – I heard that you were planning on entering the Triwizard Competition?"

"Yeah – I put my name in just this morning,"

"Are you sure about this? It is pretty dangerous," said Charlotte nervously.

Cedric chuckled, "Don't worry, it's nothing I can't handle – It's not like I'm going to die,"

Charlotte snorted, "They had to discontinue it at some point in or after 1792, due to the high death toll."

"Well – that's why the Ministry revived it with restrictions in place to stop potential deaths," said Cedric.

"I guess so," trailed Charlotte. "But I'm still a bit worried – what if something happens? "she asked, putting down the spoon on the now empty plate.

She had too many what if's about the Triwizard tournament. The Ministry is taking a big risk by reviving a two-hundred and two-year-old tournament with a huge death toll. Even with the restrictions and revisions, there is still a big possibility of someone dying.

"I doubt the Ministry would let anything happen to the champions," said Cedric, finishing off his biscuits. "Besides – I want to make my parents proud of me by entering the competition,"

"I think they're already proud of having Cedric Diggory as their child," said Charlotte.

Cedric smiled, "You really think so?"

The blonde chuckled lightly and shook her head, "Your dad talks about you like you were the stars – I'm sure he thinks that he's lucky to have you as a son,"

...

Charlotte had spent her lunch in the kitchens with Cedric, talking about Quidditch, the Tournament, and played twenty questions with each other. It was surprising how much they had in common. They both play Quidditch, they both like Charms and Herbology. They both have Quidditch as their career goal for when they grow up, and their names start with the letter C.

By half-past five, Charlotte and Cedric decided to leave the kitchens, both of them in high spirits.

"Okay, I have a good one," said Charlotte after telling Cedric one of her silly jokes.

"I bet it's going to be just as horrible as the last one," said Cedric while laughing.

Charlotte playfully pouted, "Oh shut up it wasn't that bad!"

"It really is,"

"Oh whatever – Okay, what did one boat say to the other boat?" asked Charlotte as they clambered up the stairs towards the entrance hall.

"What?"

"Are you interested in a little row-mance?"

Cedric chortled, "That was the worse one yet!"

"I read that once in a letter I got – I finally got the opportunity to use it!"

The two of them walked inside the Great Hall in laughter. The Goblet of Fire had been moved and it was now standing in front of Dumbledore's empty chair at the teachers' table.

Charlotte felt the piercing gazed from a nearby group of third-year Ravenclaw girls. She turned her head and saw most of the people inside the Great Hall were staring at her and Cedric.

What the bloody hell –

"Charlie! We have loads to tell you!"

Hermione came up from her seat and seized Charlotte by the arm, dragging her to the Gryffindor table. Charlotte sends a look of apology to Cedric, who just smiled at her before he too was seized by the arm by Ernie Macmillan with an odd look on his face.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione had filled her in about what happened in Hagrid's and Hermione went on about Hagrid blatantly refusing to join S.P.E.W.

" – and he said it'd be doing them unkindness!"

Charlotte sighed, "Maybe because it will – I told you many times before that the House-elves like serving people,"

Hermione opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by Ron, "There are more important things to talk about rather than a House-elf's wellbeing, Hermione – like how Hagrid fancies Madame Maxime, the headmaster of Beauxbatons!"

Charlotte busted out laughing – that was the most bizarre thing she's heard all day!

"W-What? Are you serious?" She spluttered out, clutching her stomach as tears leaked from her eyes.

"He even wore cologne!"

With that said, the Quartet busted out laughing.

The feast was amazing. Charlotte had once again stuffed her face with various delicacies that the House-elves had prepared whilst she and Cedric were in the kitchens.

Everyone had impatient expressions on their faces, wanting nothing more than to know who the Champion of their school is.

Cedric looked rather antsy from the Hufflepuff table. Charlotte sent him a reassuring grin and brought her two thumbs up at him. He sent a thankful smile back.

"So – where did you go with Diggory this morning? Hermione told us that he wanted to talk to you about something," said Ron while eating his third serving of his meal from beside her.

Charlotte shrugged, "We went to the kitchens and talked about... stuff,"

"Stuff?" said Harry curiously.

"Relax, Harrold – he just offered to help me with my homework that's all,"

"Hermione could've taken that role,"

Charlotte snorted, "Mione's already busy with all that spew –"

"It's S.P.E.W!"

" – stuff, and I've already accepted Cedric's offer to tutor me,"

Before Harry could say anything, the golden plate was cleared. The noise in the Hall had died down instantly as Dumbledore got to his feet. On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone. Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking at various students. Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite bored.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them to please come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" – he pointed the door behind the staff table – "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Charlotte held her breath as Dumbledore took out his wand and gave it a wave, extinguishing the candles in the Great Hall. The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, bluey-whiteness of the flames almost painful to the blonde's eyes.

"Any second," Lee mumbled from a few seats away from Charlotte. The flames inside the goblet turned red again. Everyone in the room gasped as sparks began to fly out – a tongue of flame shot into the air with a piece of parchment flying out.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment, the flames turned back to blue-white

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, "will be Viktor Krum. "

Charlotte, along with Ron roared in applause. She half expected him to be the champion or Durmstrang – nearly everyone did.

"No surprises there!" yelled Ron.

Krum rose from the Slytherin table and marched up toward Dumbledore, turning right as he walked along the long staff table. He opened the door and disappeared into the chamber.

"Bravo, Viktor!" boomed Karkaroff. "Knew you had it in you!"

The noise soon died down, and everyone's attention turned back to the goblet. Seconds later, the second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

"It's her, Ron!" Harry shouted.

Charlotte rolled her eyes – it was the veela with silvery blonde hair. Fleur Delacour jumped up from her feet and made her way towards Dumbledore with a huge grin in her face.

"Oh look, they're all disappointed," said Hermione, nodding towards the Beauxbatons students at the Ravenclaw table.

Charlotte frowned as she took notice of their solemn and disappointed faces. Some of them were on the verge of tears.

Silence.

The Hogwarts champion was next.

Charlotte felt her body go stiff as the Goblet of Fire turned red. Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment from the flames.

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

Cedric turned to the blonde immediately after his name was called with a smile of disbelief. Charlotte jumped up from her seat with a gleeful smile adorned on her lips.

"Congratulations, Ced!" called Charlotte from the Gryffindor table. She hoped he heard her over the uproar from the next table. Every single Hufflepuff had jumped to their foot, yelling loudly, as Cedric made his way past them, grinning broadly.

Cedric made eye contact with Charlotte, who was still beaming brightly at him. Her golden-brown eyes looked darker under the blue flames of the goblet. He nodded at her before heading towards the chamber with a contented smile on his face.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the crowd calmed down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real –"

The fire in the goblet had just turned red once again. Charlotte watched in astonishment as a long flame shot into the air. Everyone in the hall had matching confused looks, including those at the staff table.

"What's going on?" asked Charlotte to no one in particular.

"I – I don't know," said Harry quietly as Dumbledore reached out his hand and seized the parchment.

He stared at the name written upon it with an unreadable expression on his face. He cleared his throat and readout –

"Harry Potter."

Charlotte felt screaming. Everyone in the Great Hall gone silent. There wasn't a single applause. Everyone was trying to wrap the minds around what had happened.

What... how... why?

As gold-brown met emerald green – Harry could see a mix of anger, confusion, hurt, and disappointment in the blonde's eyes.

Charlotte shook her eyes away angrily, biting the insides of her cheek as she focused all of her attention towards one of the carved pumpkins.

Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly.

"Charlie – I-I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't."

She looked down at her palms, ignoring his pleas.

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered to Harry.

Charlotte's mind was swarming with a question – and one question only:

How did he do it?

It was blatantly impossible. He probably made someone put his name in – perhaps he was just lying to her about not putting his name in.

Charlotte could only see red at the moment.

"Well...through the door, Harry," said Dumbledore. He wasn't smiling.

Harry moved off along the teachers' table. Everyone stared at Harry in astonishment, anger, and jealousy.

As soon as Harry disappeared – everyone in the Great Hall was yelling and screaming in protest. The teachers hurried up and tried to calm the crowd of angry students as the three Headmasters, Ludo Bagman, and Barty Crouch all disappeared into the Chamber after the four champions.

Professor McGonagall sent them all off to bed before disappearing into the Chamber along with Snape and Moody. The Head boy and Head girl of each house ushered the students out of the Great Hall with the help of the Prefects.

Hermione pulled both Ron and Charlotte up from their seat and dragged them both out of the Great Hall.

Everyone was buzzing whilst going to their respective common rooms.

"Ron, Charlie – you know Harry didn't – "

Charlotte turned to Hermione with a dangerous glint in her eyes, "He did, Hermione."

"Charlie – he's your best friend. He's our best friend. You know that he wouldn't do –"

"Some best friend he is – going behind our backs and slipping his name into the damn Goblet without us knowing. He can just get himself killed for all I care!"

With that said, Charlotte stormed off towards the Gryffindor tower with angry tears running down her cheeks.

...

A/N: I got incredibly lazy in writing this and I struggled in finishing the chapter. Sorry for the delay. I'm also starting the Narnia parts already and I'm pretty excited. I have the drafts all set. I just have to finish Charlotte's whole fourth year. Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 560 42
. ݁ ˖ 彡 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒎. © VIETHEPOET / 2023 ₊˚ෆ 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞�...
104K 3.3K 83
"𝘖𝘩, 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦..." 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘧𝘧. "𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥," 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘱...
70.3K 2.1K 17
- 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐑 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑑𝑚𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝�...
398 9 16
𝐄𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐒𝐓 - (𝐧.) 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 ↳ 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 𝘝𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢 �...