The Fairest of Them All

By jesssayshullo

(Diabolik lovers X OC) What happens if the Sakamaki brothers had another presence in the house? A presence of... More

I. Unexpected Events
II. Unavoidable Disturbances
III. She, the Fairest
IV. Emotions
V. Dinner Reunion
VI. (1) Games and Surprises
VII. (2) Games and Surprises
VIII. (3) Games and Surprises
IX. (4) Games and Surprises
X 1/2. (5) Games and Surprises
X 2/2 (5) Games and Surprises
XI. Cracks of the Past
XII. Victims and Conquerers
XIII. Neglection
XIV. White Rose
XV. Just a Dream?
Special Chapter!
XVI. A Cold, Long Night
XVII. The Principles of Generosity
XVIII. Slumber
XIX. Goodies
XXI. Sana
Special Chapter 2!
Special Chapter 3!
XXII. Free
XXIII. Purple Strands
XXIV. Richter
XXV. Cruel
XXVI. Courtesy
XXVII. Disposure
XXVIII. Heart Struck
Special Chapter 4!
Special Chapter 4 Pt. 2!
XXIX. Compassion
Epilogue
Surprise!
Notice: A New Start

XX. Beauties of the Night

2K 75 4
By jesssayshullo

A/N: Okay, this is just for clarification, cuz I tend to get confused because of this at times, too.

Half-sibling: a sibling who shares the same mother with you but not sharing the same biological father, or vice versa. This means that they ARE related to you by blood, relatively. So the Sakamaki triplets, Reiji and Shuu and lastly Subaru would be each other's half-siblings.

Half-cousins: Children of the half-siblings.

Step-sibling: someone who is NOT related to you by blood, being the child of a stepmother who so happens to marry your biological father, or vice versa.

Ta. Da. Hope this clears up confusion.

Enjoy~

_________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

"Are you going to Scarborough Fair?"

The slow, soft melody drifted into the serene night. Guinevere's lids fluttered, before silver eyes were revealed to the world.

"Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme..."

Her hand twitched, before she moved it to gently entangle her fingers through silky, golden blond hair. The arms around her waist tightened in response, and Shuu cracked his eyes open, gazing sleepily at her beneath his long lashes.

"Remember me, to one who lives there..."

The familiar voice continued to enchant the listeners, causing Guinevere to sit up and directing her gaze towards the moonlight that sliced through the glass, balcony door, creating streaks that soaked onto the white, creamy marble floor.

Shuu groaned as he was suddenly exposed to the cold air.

He shut his eyes, and silently, almost growled, "Get under the blanket..."

"He once was a true love of mine."

The delicate singing continued in the background while Guinevere giggled at his grumpiness, ruffling his hair in response. She then returned her gaze outside, her eyes landing on the blowing leaves from the neatly-trimmed trees.

"But Kanato's voice is simply lovely," she said. "I could just listen to it countlessly. However, at the same time, I have this desire to join in."

"Mm, that's not a bad idea," Shuu mumbled a reply. "But why can't you do it here? Lie down..."

Guinevere planted a kiss on his forehead. Shuu, knowing her, half-heartedly loosened his grip around her. She managed to free from his touch, and he cracked an eye open and watched her glide towards the balcony door. The blue in his eyes were almost glowing as it reflected against the moonlight.

He then heard the door open softly. When he felt the cool breeze rush in, he buried himself deeper under the blankets, allowing himself to drown underneath its warmth.

Kanato's singing resumed. "Tell her to make me a cambric shirt..."

Shuu waited.

"Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme..."

'There it is,' Shuu thought, as he was slowly intoxicated with Guinevere's voice that blended with Kanato's. Though both voices were like honey and velvet, hers was brighter, and did not held any hint of huskiness like Kanato's, having a more feminine, tenderer tone to it.

The two voices harmonized flawlessly with each other.

"Without no seam nor fine needle work..."

The melodies soothed his ears. Shuu felt as though he was blissfully floating.

"Then she'll be a true love of mine."

++++++++++++++

Kanato was sitting on the balcony railing, looking down at the scenery below him. Teddy was held loose yet securely in his arms, as he began swinging his legs back and forth. The cool breeze played with his thread-like, lilac hair and toyed with his clothes, but he paid little heed to it.

He parted his soft lips to continue from where he left off. "Tell him to find me a cambric shirt...

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme..."

Kanato's eyes widened when a new voice blended with his, harmonizing effortlessly. His eyes followed the source of voice, and though he could not see her, a smile spread on his face.

"Without no seam nor fine needle work...

Then she'll bea true love of mine.

Tell her to weave it—"

The sound of the door creaking open behind him. Maddened, Kanato turned, his glare landing on the only human residence in this mansion.

"What?" Kanato spat.

Yui shivered, cowering behind the door. "K-Kanato-kun. I just—I just went up here upon hearing someone sing..."

When she received silent fuming, she decided to compliment him, "Your voice is very lovely, Kanato-kun. Oh, but...who's the other voice I'm still hearing?"

"Guinevere's," Kanato replied, turning his head to look beyond the balcony railings. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Yui blinked upon seeing such a gentle smile on his face. It never failed to surprise her. However, the smile was quickly wiped away, replaced by a scathing scowl.

"But then you disturbed me," Kanato said in disgust. "You nosy, disgusting worm. I should snap your weak, pathetic neck right now."

Yui felt her heart skip a beat. Her legs felt like jelly.

"P-Please Kanato-kun, I didn't mean to—"

She stopped when Kanato began heaving himself up. His feet now balanced over the railing handles, causing the platinum blond to turn unhealthily paler.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Yui asked with a trembling voice.

Kanato turned around and laughed. "You're scare I'll fall off? You foolish human!"

"Please...please get down!"

In response, Kanato began rocking back and forth slightly.

"Then beg, mortal," he spoke through giggles. "Beg!"

Yui rushed towards him and reached her hand out. She was getting closer and closer to him, her heartbeat thumping louder and accelerating. She collided with the cold railing, and ignoring the flash of pain, she extended her arm forward...

...only to grab emptiness where he once was.

Yui screamed as she watched him fall.

+++++++++++++

Guinevere's eyes were closed as she allowed nature to lure her away from her own voice. She could now here the quiet rustling of leaves and the whispering of the cold breeze as it travelled passed her ears. She tightened her grip slightly on the railings, feeling its cool sensation, and sharpened her hearing as she gently tilted forward. Behind her, she could hear Shuu's light snores.

Also, she heard bits and pieces of voices not far above her. But other than that, the rest were the sounds of nature.

A piercing scream snapped her out of her trance. Guinevere snapped her eyes open. She was even more startled when she was greeted by a figure falling past her at a tremendous speed.

She blinked, taking a moment to process what just happened.

When she finally gathered herself, she looked down and was surprised to see violet hair spilled around a familiar, pale, babyish face. He was holding Teddy's little arm in one of his hand, as he laid on his back in relaxation.

"Kanato, sweetie, do not be so reckless," Guinevere chastised lightly. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

Kanato peeked at her with one eye and gifted her an angelic grin. "Guinevere, Teddy says 'hi'."

Guinevere exhaled in relief, returning a graceful smile of her own. Warmly, she replied, "Oh really? Tell him that he has perfect manners, and that I say 'hi' as well."

Kanato giggled. "Teddy says 'thank you', and I agree with him that your voice was very pleasing."

Guinevere placed her head in her palm, eyes gentle. "I appreciate that very much."

"Kanato!" Urgency was laced in the feminine voice.

"Well, she sure is fast." Guinevere's gaze trailed after the platinum blond's panicked form as she ran towards Kanato, who had not left from his sprawled position on the hard ground.

"A-are you okay?" Yui asked, kneeling in front of him.

Kanato laughed, and it soon grew almost into a maniacal roar.

"You think I would really die from this?" he said, giggles bubbling from his throat. "You stupid mortal."

Yui was unable to respond as she back away. Hurt flashed through her eyes.

However, Guinevere's voice made her blink away her tears. Yui raised her head, her focus landing on one of the higher, luxurious balconies in front of her where the inky-haired woman stood.

"Kanato, do not attempt to frighten her," Guinevere said, "and please don't forget your manners."

Kanato looked none too pleased but gave her a small nod.

Guinevere then shifted her attention. "Yui-chan, you seem quite exhausted. I recommend that you rest more, and a warm glass of milk or herbal teas such as lavender or lemon balm might assist you with that. They relieve stress and help inducing one's sleep."

"...Thank you, Guinevere-san," the girl replied, giving her a small but sincere smile. Her fingers were laced together, fiddling.

Due to admiration, timidness, and disbelief, Yui missed Kanato's pointed glare directing her way.

"You're welcome. Both of you tell me if you're troubled with anything, okay? And most importantly, do try and get along." With those last words, Guinevere went back inside.

She didn't even bat an eyelid upon seeing Shuu awake and sitting on the bed. Their eyes locked for a moment before Shuu shut his, yawning through his hand.

"Did Kanato cause a racket again?" he asked boredly.

"Yes. He was provoking our little human."

"'Our'?"

"Well, she is a sacrificial bride that was sent to us."

Shuu grunted, plopping back down to enjoy the softness of the bed along with the comforting smooth, warm blankets.

Guinevere sighed. "Why do I even bother?"

She began making her way across the room.

"Oh," Shuu spoke, halting her. "Kanato's...going to drag her to the graveyard..."

Guinevere went rigid.

"...and if it's according to his past actions, he's most likely going to show her his wax figures...You know how that tends to end up..." Once Shuu finished, he snuggled deeper into the blankets, his breathing becoming calmer.

Guinevere muttered frustratingly under her breath, frantically searching through her clothes. Suddenly, her phone rang.

'Are you kidding me?' she thought, quickening her steps as she headed towards the bedside table. 'For goodness's sake, the timing couldn't be any worse!'

Guinevere picked up the mobile phone and answered with an overly-cheery voice. "DeRosa Guinevere speaking. Who may this be?"

There was silence as the person of the other end of the line responded.

"Yes, manager Kim," she said, bringing a hand up to rub her temple.

Then, arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her towards the bed, causing her to cry out. Guinevere turned and shot the culprit a glare before fumbling for the dropped phone that hid among the blankets. Following the muffles from the other end of the line, she managed to retrieve it and immediately apologised.

"Yes, I am fine. There was just a slight...problem that I had to deal with—" Guinevere gave Shuu a look, to which the male chuckled and tightened his embrace, burying his face on her side. "—No, I assure you it's under control."

After a few more exchanging conversations, Guinevere hung up. She then sighed and turned towards Shuu.

"You are heavy," she said. "Not only that, but you proved to be very distracting."

"What a lewd woman."

"Pardon me, but your hands were snaking everywhere, mister," Guinevere pointed out.

"Hmm, really?"

"You are doing it now!" Guinevere began squirming as Shuu allowed his fingers to lightly crawl from her waist to her chest.

"What?" Shuu smirked. "Are you ticklish?"

"Of course I am! You should—you should know this by now—Stop it!" Guinevere grabbed his hands and was now wrestling him, pinning his arms down.

Shuu chuckled and lifted his head, giving her a sweet peck on her lips.

She blinked in response before her mouth thinned. Deadpanning, she grabbed the pillow beside them and swung it to hit his face. However, she was met with thin air, for he had already teleported away.

'That little...!' Guinevere threw the pillow across the bed.

++++++++++++++

Yui looked at the motionless figures surrounding her and shivered. Black, hollow eyes seemed to follow her, as their porcelain faces appeared deathly cold, their complexion too abnormal as it almost glowed. Their wedding gowns spilled onto the floor, painting it a dull white. The figures stood in front of large glass windows that levelled with the ground, their reflections appearing blurry and contrasting with the darkness dominating the world outside. Their hairs were neatly groomed, pinned and decorated by elegant pearls, headbands, and dark-coloured flowers. The only thing that showed signs of life were the bouquets of dark crimson flowers in each figure's hands.

Yui's hands tightened around herself. She quickened her pace, her footsteps echoing in the spacious, eerie room.

"As you can see," Kanato began once she reached him, "they are waxed figures."

"I've never...seen one before," Yui replied quietly, curling her hands close to her chest to keep them from trembling.

Kanato grinned. "Even Teddy perks up when we come here. Isn't that right, Teddy?"

As they walked on, Yui allowed herself to examine the figures closely at their beautifully unnerving faces, along with blood red lips that each formed a lifelessly straight line. Yui strangely expected them to blink.

"You don't look like you're enjoying her too much," Kanato suddenly interrupted her.

Yui refused to look at him when she responded, her eyes trained on the wax figures. "Wax figures are kind of eerie."

She saw his shoulders stiffen slightly and quickly added, "I-I wish they were as cute as Teddy, though."

That seemed to be the right thing to say.

"Yes." Kanato glanced down at his stuffed toy. His tone appeared softer. "I do realise that Teddy is the cutest among them."

He then stopped and stretched his arms, holding his stuffed toy in front of him. He tilted his head, a few violet strands brushing his shoulder.

"But in terms of soullessness, Teddy is just like them," he finally said.

"Soullessness?" Yui repeated.

Kanato giggled, throwing her a glance. "Something came up my mind. You would make a lovely, silent corpse."

Yui, who was a few steps ahead of him, froze. She slowly turned around, and was met by crazed, wide eyes.

"Say, would you like to become a wax figure right here and now?" said Kanato eagerly.

With an unsettling smile, Kanato grip her shoulder, forcing her to face him. "I would keep you displayed so nicely...and it would make Teddy so happy to have a new friend!"

Yui slapped his hand off her. With a shaky voice, she replied, "I-I don't want to be a wax figure!" and ran deeper into the room, towards a pair of arc-shaped, wooden doors.

Kanato's laugh was madder than Wonderland, reaching her ears as she fumbled with the thick, wooden plank that bolted the door. Her heartbeat thumped wildly—it almost burst from her chest. Steady footsteps were growing louder and louder behind her.

By now, she was practically drowning in her own puddle of cold sweat.

When she finally unbolted the door, she rammed her shoulder against one of its hard surface, causing them to finally open.

In front of her appeared to be a dark, endless room. Suddenly, the candelabras hanging against the wall lightened one by one across the room, chasing away the darkness.

Beyond frightened, Yui's eyes darted around, finally focusing towards the far, middle end of the room, towards the crimson that painted her vision.

The sight in front of her caused the poor girl's legs to buckle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.6K 2.1K 31
: ̗̀➛ ⌜🦇⌟ Diabolik Lovers|·| YUIS ELDER BROTHER - IN THE PROCESS OF BEING REWRITTEN. FanFiction [Shu x Male!Oc] ˋ°•...
2.2K 45 16
Shu Sakamaki Fan fiction Shu Sakamaki x OC Always Fey,a childhood best friend of the Sakamaki Family was always there for them.But what happens a...
74 1 6
FINISHED Note: this is a fanfic, the only character that is my own is the girl mentioned below. While lost in the middle of nowhere, a girl stumbles...
259K 7.6K 28
Happiness... The word itself is a joke. Such a thing would never survive a second in my world. Battling creatures no ordinary human should even witne...