A New World | THE BIG FOUR: B...

By Thecalendar15

COMPLETE [MODERN AU] Pitch had taken his long running vengeance into action. Locking them in cages. Drowning... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
INTRODUCTION
1 : THE LETTER
2 : THE SURPRISE
3 : THE DECISION
4 : TO NORWAY!
5 : UNIVERSITY OF NORWAY
6 : CROSSED PATHS
7 : THE MEETING
8 : THE BOX
9 : THE SPORT
10 : THE KING OF DARKNESS
11 : THE MOON
12 : THE GROUP
13 : THE GIFT
14 : THE PARTY
15 : THE DANCE
16 : THE STOLEN RELIC
17 : THE FORCES
18 : THE WITNESS
19 : THE UNEXPECTED GUEST
20 : THE 8th
21 : THE UNSPOKEN WORDS
22 : INTO THE WOODS
23 : THE CONFLICT
24 : WOUNDED
25 : THE FORESEEN HAVOC
26 : THE UNKNOWN STORIES
27 : THE BATTLE
28 : THE MEMORIES
29 : FAREWELL
AUTHOR'S NOTE

EPILOGUE

273 11 11
By Thecalendar15

The sunlight peered from the windows as the soft touch of the sun spreads through the room. The silk fabric of the curtains flowed—like that of the waves in the ocean. The air smelt of flowers... sweet scent. It was peaceful, the only audible sounds are coming from the chirps of birds.

The knob moved.

The wooden door creaked open—

And a man entered, wearing a royal clothing on. The combination of white and gold colors brings out his natural and appealing look. His lips curved as he smiled and his nose was noble as it is.

He gazed over the door frame to the bed where she sleeps peacefully and beautifully.

He neared and stared at her that seems like eternity.

Her smooth tanned skin. Her long eyelashes. Her thin pink lips.

Thinking deeply of it, he considers himself as one lucky guy. He was so blessed to have someone like her—innocent, constant and consistent. He knows, he doesn't deserve anything from her. A thief... A wanted thief. But he needed her love, as much as they needed each other.

He slowly bored down and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Warm and soft.

"Wake up, blondie."

Before Rapunzel can even take another breathe, her eyes shut open. Her bright green eyes.

And... and she could see him. His brown hair. His sharp jaw. The one who saved her from her ruthless mother. The one who sacrificed himself for nothing but to accept true love in return. The only one.

"EuEugene?" Rapunzel said that turned into a question.

Her eyes widen a little bit. She slowly sat with the blanket in her lower limbs. As she gazed over her body, she was in a purple night dress. Made of silk. For all she could remember, every time she wakes up in the morning, Rapunzel can already feel the weight of her hair but to any extent, she doesn't feel anything today.

Perhaps, now that everything had sunk in, her hair was cut in a short spiky brunette.

"Hey." Eugene smiled. "Good morning."

Trying to understand the discomfort in her face.

He saw the changes within her emotions but he can't dig anymore deeper. That is all he know.

"There's a letter this morning," He started and comfortably sat on the mattress. "From the kingdom of Arendelle. It's Elsa's coronation this upcoming weekend. She wanted you to come over."

Elsa? Elsa. Of course. Rapunzel did not answer. Her eyes blinked a couple of times, looking at the blank space in front. Her lips was left ajar and finally, she nodded—unsure. But she nodded.

Eugene stifled a chuckle. His lips were tucked at both ends. Maybe, it was too early to tell her. He wanted to give her a peck in the forehead, the usual cycle he do after their wedding. He wanted to wake up and see her firstly in the morning.

Like a husband would do.

Rapunzel smiled halfheartedly.

She felt another soft peck in her cheeks and as she stared at him, Eugene stood up and gave her a lovely look before heading through the door.

"See you at the dining room."

And closed the door behind him.

Rapunzel opened the glass door and went through the balcony. The warm wind hustled over her, swaying her dress.

She held her chest for a while when all came pouring down her. She can definitely see the entirety of Corona. The ship dock. The fountain where she remembered the kingdom dance took place. The people. The stalls. She covered her mouth in shock—she knew it will come to this. Like a dream but it wasn't. It is real. She grope to the fact that she was brought back. To the life she knew from the beginning.

And that time, she feels in her soul, still, someone she deeply knew stays in her heart forever.

-

He wanted to erase all the memories in his mind. To throw the fragments away. To become a new person. A new person in a new place. Because, now, something itched inside. These memories held him back. He wanted to cry. He wanted to shout.

But none of them will make him feel better.

He was stuck in a dream loop. He rather wanted to see himself in a dream than inside a nightmarish reality.

Hiccup listened through the silence in his room. Feeling the heat from the thick furry linens at his back.

He was wasting too much time, he must be outside doing something provocative and for self-improvement. Train his dragon, Toothless. But right now, he was eaten alive by the drowning feeling within him—he wanted to shout and escape from this world.

As he close his eyes, Hiccup could see them. The golden blonde smiling and giggling with the sweetest sound he could hear. Her hair was in a pony tail and she was wearing her favorite shirt.

The white-haired man walked beside him. Having the palest skin tone ever. He was wearing a dark tuxedo with bow tie in his neck. He is handsome, he can't deny. This was Anna's birthday, he remembered.

And lastly...

The most heart wrenching of all.

Merida Dun'broch.

Merida.

Hiccup could definitely see her ocean blue eyes. The very first time he met her, this was the very first thing he saw. He was captivated. He was drowned by it. Then comes her red fiery curls. Hiccup laughed at the thought. He misses it all.

He knew, there wasn't much time before he could say everything—confess everything he deeply feels for her. That he loves her. So much. That she gave him strength to stand in his own feet. To be an awkward college boy. To be brave enough for the world. Everything.

Wherever they are, Hiccup knew, they feel the same as his. Or rather, tries to forget everything because they've parted each different paths and destinations. It will take another lifetime before they can see each other again.

Now...

Hiccup wishes he could see everyone in his sleep. Only in his dream.

He will be happy about it.

Fighting over his thoughts, he stood up and brushed his hair. The leathery armor he wore felt heavy and bulky in his skin.

Hiccup stepped outside and the sunlight pierced his eyes once he glanced over Berk. Numbers of dragons were already taking morning exercise. The kingdom was much noisy and alive. It smelt of wood and leather and meat.

He walked for a couple of minutes.

And stopped within the trails.

His eyes reached the horizon.

He could see someone—blonde hair, athletic figure, leathery armor. Hiccup can only see her back but he knew her already, even though not seeing her face.

Hiccup neared.

It was Astid Hofferson.

-

She remembers it. Every morning, as the sun scorched through the windows, she would trudged out from the palace into the stables to fetch Angus. She would snatch her quiver and arrow and into the woods she go. Firing arrows to the wooden targets hanged from different heights and places.

She freshly remembers it.

The wind blew harshly to her face but she didn't mind.

Merida snatch an arrow in the leathery quiver and aimed, then shoot. It snapped. The arrow pierced through the wooden target as Angus sped through the glen into the deep forest.

Once again, she fired another arrow as Angus jumped over a rotten log, making herself float in air and swoosh. The arrow traveled like a bullet and shot the target at the very center.

Every time Merida practice, she was full of determination and focus. The will burning in her veins as she fires every arrow in place. She would even roam around the forest until the sun sets. Now, it was different. Something heavy in her heart resides. Something stabbed her but still, she found the way to live and breathe like as if, every tick of the clock counts.

When Angus turned to a sharp right, Merida isn't expecting the force that moved her body. She fell down the cold forest ground with the arrows scattered. Angus stopped and went back to her owner, sniffling her hair.

Merida tirelessly stood and dust of her dress.

Angus neared, nudging her.

"I'm okay, Angus. Don't worry."

She picks up all the fallen arrows when she felt Angus, inches away from her side. He grunted loudly.

"I'm okay, lass." She pressed.

"Go. Leave me here."

She commanded and shooed the horse away, but it didn't move any muscles.

"Go, lass!"

Merida's voice raised and that is when Angus scorched away from his owner. Merida could hear the tapping of steps until it faded.

She was now greeted by silence. Merida needed this. Even how hard she tries to cover away the pain, it still creeps up to her. Like an unexplained feeling—coming over again and again. She wanted this. She needed it.

Unexpectedly, she groaned underneath her breath and started firing the arrows in her hands, directly straight through the woods from her vision could reach.

She snatched another.

And another.

Until she could feel the emptiness of the quiver. Her hands trailed over and that is when she realization strikes over.

God, no.

Merida kneeled down, with dried leaves crushing against her knees and dress. Her shoulders moved—constantly, up and down. A sob echoed over the air. And a sniff. She was crying, so bad. She tried to wipe the tears away but it did not stop. No matter how constant she keeps reminding herself that she was strong and brave...

She was scared. She knows that. Ever since, she feels the horror and terror in her system. She was blind, and now...

Now, it's too late.

Too late.

She prays she knew a lot better.

Merida breathed deeply.

Her lips trembled.

"H-hiccup"

She choked.

"I need ya."

****

Jack was looking at the night sky. With the staff in his right hand. Silhouette completely covering half of his face. His pale lips were straightened. His eyes were closed.

He breathed—in and out.

He lost them.

Like pieces of jewelries and gems thrown into the deepest depth of the ocean. Surely, he mourned. He felt the emptiness in his heart but there's nothing he can do. It's his decision to leave them.

It is for the best. For them. He died and reincarnated by The Man in Moon—he knows everything compared to anyone. They will die and he will see them disappear. He is a spirit. An immortal. And the least that he can do is to let them live happily, freely... with no doubts and uncertainty.

He let go of them.

He accepted.

Jack opened his eyes and savored the moment.

No stars at sight but the moon was bright and still. Like talking to him. Comforting him with silence.

He opened his mouth—

And stopped.

As he closed his eyes again, a silvery tear fell from his eyes. It trailed through his cheeks.

His eyes opened again, icy blue orbs. He watched the moon intensely.

He was stuttering. He was trembling.

"I know"

And for once in his life, he felt pain.

"I believe fate will bring us together again."

-

Every once in a while,

In the middle of an ordinary life,

Love gives us a fairy tale.

-

END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 96 25
Pitch is back. With a new threat... There are new loves by the males. Hiccup likes Elsa but Elsa has some mixed feelings. Jack likes Merida and Meri...
6.2K 225 13
Pitch, Tad, and Tod are in jail. Elsa and Jack are back together at last. Anna is with Kristof, Merida is with Hiccup, and Rapunzel is with Eugene. T...
12.3K 444 16
Pitch and Hans have teamed up to capture Jack and Elsa. Merida, Rapunzel, and Hiccup get dragged into it when the bad guys accidentally stumble into...
2.5K 83 29
Update Sept. 2023: The 3rd draft of this story is slowly being updated. If all goes according to plan then it should hopefully be completed somewhere...