Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

69. Peace and Storm

3K 184 44
By NeelamMenghani

Happy Forever Monday!

Apologies, for responding late on the comments on chapters, it's because I'm not receiving any notifications of the comments on chapters. It's the mail that I receive after two-three days which let me know about the comments being posted.

***

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."

— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Fire: A Lethal Game]

I have played with fire. Like ever child I have the wish to play with those glowing red orange flames dancing through the brightness.

Like every child, I held this wish dear to me, but then not all wishes are there to bust into actions. I had played with it also, twitching my fingers around, teasing its light. Once I did the foolishness to place it in my palm placing the flames, the outcome was disastrous, not only it burnt me, it hurt me.

Burnt that stayed for a few moments,

Hurt that stayed for some time, and

A lesson that I learnt for lifetime.

Do not play with fire. It holds the power to burn you, it holds the power to hurt you, and when going lethal, it can melt you!

After that I never played with fire, I took it as to brighten up my surroundings. I learnt to bright up the lives of people around it through its light. It gave me learning, lessons, but never ever I tried to play with it again.

Never!

Because the burn that was inflicted was not bearable, I never wished to experience in my life.

You won't be hurt when you won't play, but what if the fire comes to play with you!

That's how I would define it, when the blazing fire itself came to play with me, encircle me in its embrace crawling slowly toward me. Heat and smoke were the two factors that I could notice when I fought back the mist encircling my eyes.

I blinked again as a soft cry escaped me, it was all fire, surrounding me, coming toward me. The ground beneath me was boiling, like griller would be when burn. My heels felt the hot, the smoldering as I reduced the parts of my feet to touch the ground, but it was not sufficient whatever part of my feet was touching the ground, it felt the burn. The heat and the pain it evolved.

Only the fire was visible, I felt my skin getting drenched with sweat that cascade down my neck, my back. The thick layer covered me like a blanket.

I tried to roam my gaze but fear gripped me when I found nothing, absolutely nothing to get a hint of my surroundings.

"Where am I?"

The thought crossed my mind but for concocting answers I received no time when the wooden ceiling just above me creaked a soft noise and it gave away from one corner, dangling through a weak edge.

My gasps were insufficient my throat constricted as I saw the ceiling coming down.

It'll hit me, it'll kill me, it'll crash upon me.

I'll be dead!

Thoughts, whispers, screams, cries, spell it all to define my desire. I tried it all, in that one moment of hope and miracle I wished it all to happened and come out of my mouth but strangely I found nothing, I received nothing. Nothing, absolute came out of my mouth.

While my heart wept my mouth went dry and seal and mind went frantic to find a way. I tried to find a way, turning back I took a step, my feet burning, an agonizing pain evokes when I try to move them, the thought to put the feet again on that burning ground was a dreadful thought itself but to save my life I had to do that.

So taking a whip of air mixed with maximum amount of smoke, I turned but my steps halted when I saw it was only fire ahead. Not even an inch of ground was there to let me escape.

Like a trap well built, I found myself entrapped, captured completely.

Again the creaking noise from ceiling came. My head whipped to it, a large portion of the burning wood ceiling fell. Broke and fell down a little far, the flames until now were burning the surroundings were upward, the fall disturbed them, they blazed toward me the moment ceiling fall along with the smoke that was directed toward me.

Feeling utterly helpless and horrified I counted my last breaths, last breaths that were coughs, short pants I fought against the cloud of smoke that was hindering my sight.

Where is everyone? Where is Jerry, Tiger?

Where is my Gorgeous Sav—

I couldn't even complete his name as a sharp pain erupted in my neck. My hand flew toward the area where I felt needles piercing poison of death. I felt pain that broke the bounds and a gasp escaped me, I wanted to scream but all it came out as my helpless gasp.

It was the same place which My Miracle healed today, the same pain increased and my bafflement.

It was healed then how?

Slowly my pants were getting heavier like the final fragments of oxygen were biding bye to me. The count wasn't long, wasn't gone.

Bleakness surrounded as I blinked back the darkness that was invited into my eyes, darkness that was ready to slip me into unconsciousness. The final sleep to death. The wish of Almighty.

Slipping away from it, I blinked, the haze in front of me blinked, blurring it was fading. Fading into mist, fog that hindered my sight.

The energy in me left, I felt myself falling, my hand still on my wound of neck before I felt it catching the warm liquid, it wasn't sweat that I was in drenched in, it was something different but familiar. I knew it wasn't sweat. I raised my palm to my face, blinking I felt the metallic odor penetrating the smoke and then the dark liquid crimson I felt falling down in my wrist.

It was blood! My blood! From the wound!

It was then the final fragments of life residing in me, I felt bidding farewell.

I coughed again, hysterically before in fire I felt something stirring, coming, reaching me. A tall figure in black, darker than the murk. Hidden in a cloak long behind. The fire, strangely failed to even touch it. I blinked again. The figure coming toward me.

The pain on my neck became unbearable. I felt my tears tickling by, my tears blurring my eyes. I blinked again with fear, fear to miss the figure.

For someone taking breathe, I must be seeing my ray of hope, but finding this figure coming toward me, the dread washed over me. The terrified trepidation gripped me as I saw coming toward me.

At that moment, I wanted just to turn and run away. And I did!

Taking a step back, I burnt my foot letting the fire burn me.

But then it wasn't that easy.

I felt helpless, dread washed over me so was the defeat.

Nothing was going to help I accepted!

Accepted closing my eyes, quietness surrounded me in fire.

It was all serene, calm to darkness, until I heard a whisper, a whisper that drew my scream.

My last screech and the reason was that creepy whisper, like death itself speaking,

"Oracle!"

***

GIDEON'S POV

Patience: a virtue only few can cherish.

Anger was nothing to explain what I was going through at the moment. Pure rage was gripping me to core as I paced outside Revin's home.

A strange uneasiness was looming over me from the time I first witnessed Miracle so close to that Pest. Her saccharin like tone was clearly dripped in amusement, as it resonated through the surroundings. My blood boiled as I leaped there. Royce had taken command, as he slit the air in his arrival.

Tiara's small figure was trembling behind Niera's who stood covering her by her frame.

My mate had no idea which with whom she was dealing with, the power that vile pest holds against my fragile mate. Yet she stood unaware, unknown holding a trembling child in one hand and by other hand gripping her ascending arm that must have came to harm Tiara.

She had no fear in her eyes just blazing gaze smoldering an intruder who tried to harm her Tiger. Her fierce stance was unaware with a snap of finger she could end up hurting what I hold most precious in my life.

The fear was clearly visible in her eyes, she hid it from that pest in the cloak of unknown and determination but my eyes could see it, yet she didn't flinched away but stood straight with squared shoulders to face it.

My Miracle!

'Alpha!' I heard Revin through the link.

'How is Tiara?'

'Stable. Sleeping now. Niera put her to sleep.' He informed, his tone gave away his state of mind. He could barely keep anger from his tone. Royce had to command him to calm down before he could go hunt her down on his own.

'Majesty, I—'

'I'm coming.' I cut him off briskly.

The link I closed as I walked through the front door.

He strolled out; the tension was looming on his face as he came to bow.

"Tiara?"

"In my room." He answered; I could sense his wolf, barely keeping his calm. Tiara has been Revin's life. Even before Sahira's demise, the girl had him around her small finger. But after her mother left, Jerry fulfilled the responsibilities of her Parents.

Not just as her father but mother as well. Tiara has come out of that trauma but she wasn't alone, Jerry too went through it along with her.

Now that the mist is cleared with today's event, his agitation and guards have rose to levels.

"Why she isn't with Miracle?" I asked assessing his profile.

"I wanted her close to me." He murmured looking down, a glint of guilt showed on his face as he speak. A father in him was speaking the possessiveness one feels when his children face a danger.

I nodded, not wanting to extent it further.

"Niera is in Sahira's room." He stated softly.

I said nothing, the anger I held for her actions was nothing compared to her safety which I was assured while I have her at my watch.

The pride had no bounds and words to explain. My chest swell as I recall the fierce Lioness in her was standing with courage between her and Tiara, I knew she would have let her harm but wouldn't had let that pest touch Tiara.

The pride shone in my orbs while Revin's eyes showed gratitude when he met my gaze which turned into grief.

"Majesty," he initiated looking down.

"I—must offer my sincere apologies, I won't speak for my failure which could cause—" he sniffed, barely able to continue.

I gave him required time to compose himself though I got a fair hint where his words were taking us.

"Majesty—Alpha I—I,"

"You are apologizing for which reason Revin?" I probed calmly.

"Luna was there open to her, that—" his nose flared, eyes went to complete dark, his wolf took control.

"Terry, give control to Jerry, now." Royce commanded and he obliged with a bow.

"And I must offer my sincere gratitude for Luna saved my child from that stain." He concluded, his face was mortified, his tone drenched in guilt which I could sense from the first word he spoke.

"It's your Luna's duty to stay in between any danger and her people. My mate does what's expected from her. And she did that. Although, she is unaware yet she is performing her duties as the Luna. Your gratification are accepted Revin but to your Sister you must speak for yourself to her." I said and his gaze rose to mine, a tint of surprise they hold to my amused ones.

It was always clear Revin sees Miracle as his sister, the protectiveness and care he had from the first sight, the way he tried to save her hiding her from me the day I found her almost strangled from the Guard, Shane.

Their closeness used to agitate me first but then he proved him and last night he confessed. There is no doubt I feel her safe with him much to my primal instincts of a mate but until the dawn of truth arise, I see her safe with Revin.

"About Apologies, she is safe, she will always be. She is standing between the danger and her people whereas I'll stand between her and any possible shadow of menace. When no offence is done, there must be no need of apology, Revin." I spoke staring straight to his eyes, wanting him to remove the burden from his conscience.

Although, his responsibility is huge, my mate his Luna Queen is under his watch, I want him to remove that guilt looming over him.

"How is your foot?" To shift the topic, I asked looking at his foot which was now free of that hideous cast. His constant disapproval for it was clear in his whining but still he kept it shut at for Miracle, the scheme to bring her here with them.

"It's healing. I let Terry heal it few hours back." I nodded at him.

It was all serene and calm, until I felt a sudden ping in my chest, just a slight but I felt my breath knocked out from my lungs for that specific second. I blinked before my heartbeat went errand, like a tornado brewing there in my chest.

I felt restless in the comfort of sofa in quiet ambience.

Royce?

Something is wrong!

He just growled, equally pained in puzzlement.

My sanity flew away as only one cause; my heart growled which made me shoot up only heels.

I felt Jerry shot on his feet too, a look of pure puzzlement crawled on his face.

"Majesty?"

"Where is my Mate?" I growled; clutching my bare chest, clutching my fist into ball.

Revin took a moment to gulp and my eyes slit to him.

"Sahira's roo—" I couldn't hear him as I was already on my way to stairs to her room.

Her heartbeats reached me before I could catch the sight of door.

Erratic, fast and troubled. Mine followed the rhythm through our souls.

I quickened my pace, almost regretting not using my powers to reach her.

Her breaths were hard, labored, panting as if she was struggling to take ounce of air inside her. Dread washed over me, pushing me to depth of melancholy and distress. I felt a part of me dreading even letting her go away from my sight.

The door bolted open; I almost crashed it, rattling the frames on wall, before her struggling figure caught my sight on the bed.

The tension building in was palpable. Her mesmerizing face was drenched in sheer sweat, horror written all over her face as she sailed her limps in air desperately reaching something but failed as only air touched her seeking fingers.

I stood frozen for a moment before her eyes shot open and her breathing almost stopped, like a lightning bolt striking, she bolted out of the bed, sprinting out. Her eyes were sheer red with panic, I caught that she was under panic attack of her nightmare.

I rushed to her, clutching her terrified shaking body into mine before she could hurt herself. Clutching her to my chest, I embraced her securing tight into me.

 Her breathing was almost stopped before pressing her nose into my chest I felt her taking small amount of air, an action which caused her a lot of effort to accomplish. Her struggling to run away decreased as she stayed in my arms.

I kept caressing her traumatized stance into me, her panting were not taking any sight to relax. Sweat beads tickling down her neck, drenching her, she was palpitating profusely.

I dipped my head into her ears, lips brushing to her earlobe. Taking her enchanting scent, I found a moment of relief before I brushing to her skin, I let the tingles rush to her, bringing her out of the petrifying nightmare of hers.

"Miracle!" I whispered, one arm of mine wrapped round her another, drawing patterns on her back as she stayed in the semi-daze of her nightmare.

"You're here with me. Safe. Let go." I whispered to her, my lips brushing her skin. Her breathing eventually came back to normal, the terrified frown lines on her forehead I saw fading.

She raised her flushed face to me, her eyes wide unable to comprehend the scenario gawk at me in astonishment, drooping, tired, exhausted she fought to gain consciousness but failed. The look of horror was now washed away from her face; the innocent serene beauty of mine again glowed in her crimson flush.

I smiled, finally finding her at peace, her breathing and heartbeats came back to normal. The uneasiness of mine was now finally at peace she was safe in my arms, away from that nightmare taking her to unease, tormenting her.

With a struggle to bring frown between her eyebrows, I found her ending up with a soft smile before her eyes closed and eventually she went back to her slumber.

This moment at peace.

I put her back to my chest, allowing myself the luxury to take her my arms and experience peace which erupted straight through my chest, seeping to my soul. The tingles shot around our bodies. I recalled her query from yesterday.

I'll answer you soon my Miracle; your answers will be with you soon. One after the other, you'll get your answers.

"She is fine, Revin. You can take rest, take care of Tiara." I stated to Revin, who stood on the threshold anxious. His presence was known to me from the beginning, now that she is at peace; I wished to stay and keep her in my arms.

"Good Night, Majesty." He bowed and left. The relief in his tone was clear through the link, my heart was at peace so were my people.

I looked at her peaceful innocent sleeping figure, all because of you.

I smiled before picking her up in my arms like a bride, I walked toward the bed, peeling off the covers, I placed her softly.

I want to be with her. Royce voiced out his wish. It was plainly spoken but he is me I know our words and emotions.

I too want to be with her.

Stay, she is asleep, we can stay. She might see that nightmare again, and might need us. He reasoned, his voice laced with hesitation. Possessiveness needed no words to be pronounced.

I glanced at her pure face, my solace was sleeping there, how can I allow it to go away.

She is sleeping. I reasoned with him, his agitation was surfacing, even with a thought to leave her after the turmoil we witnessed her in.

We'll leave before dawn. He reasoned again; a little urge I caught in his words.

I sat beside her, my fingers itched to touch her, defeated under the desires, I let my fingertips caress her flawless skin, softer than the skin of baby, fragile like a tender glass. My Miracle is precious.

Royce sighed softly, like a heavy overwhelming burden being shifted from our shoulder. A whisper of smile came to my face; as a sigh escaped her plush lips. My fingers tracing her pink lips, they parted when I continued.

Shaking my head, I looked at the moonless night.

The night has no light because the twilight is here, with me.

Now who is poet? I heard him mumble a taunt.

I think we should leave.

King! We'll stay. The deceleration Royce gave.

Staring back at my Miracle, I let my guards down.

Just for some time!

I slid further, closer to her. On an instance, her body stirred, I stiffed at her movements but absolute surprise greeted me when she stirred only to place her head on my chest, snuggling closer, sighing softly falling back into slumber.

I monitored her heartbeats, synchronized as mine.

Stupefied and wonder-struck at my mate, I allowed myself to bring her in my embrace closing my eyes.

Just she holds the power to surprise us. Royce muttered staring at her.

Yes, only she has. I agreed, falling in the charm of the magnificent sight of her.

Sleep could be comfortable, but in the arms of bliss, awake is far more relief.

Just for some time!

Apparently Forever!

Forever!

***

How how how?

I slammed my fist in to the wall creating a hole.

Growls only heard erupting through the gigantic hall while shrewd eyes watched in defeated silence.

Leaving Miracle early in the dawn wasn't an easy task. The peace I have ever wondered was I experienced in her embrace.

Her soft breaths on my chest were presented to me as the attestation I was living a bliss which was not even in my farthest fantasy.

But the moments of bliss had their clock; I had to end it by my own because now the storm has to face me who dared to touch my Miracle's shadow.

With one glance at her peacefully sleeping figure, I left Revin's home.

Coming back to office, I strode to the direction of peace hall, as per my wish, Gerard along with others were already there awaiting me in the name of cyclone.

I turned only to find Gerard looking out while Raymond stood un-flinched at my outburst.

"How in hell it happened, Gerard? I'm asking you, answer me!" I growled in utter annoyance at his quietness.

He sighed deeply taking his time to concoct the answer but my patience is been burnt already after the incident of jungle as well as last night.

Royce growls in agitation, his fury taking different turns.

My own eyes attested the fact that Tiara was absolutely correct. When in woods, I was searching Niera, when the nasty scent hit my nostrils. She was ready to pounce but the fair idea of my presence forced her to back off and make distance, she ran off to save herself to face me.

It was clear she was in the kingdom but the purpose for which she dared to even threat Tiara was still a mystery to me which I was sure they knew by now.

"How is she here in my Kingdom without my permission? Who gave her right to put her filthy foot inside my Land?" my voice rattling the furniture present in the room; fury emerging in waves. Yet I stood unaffected only my questions needed to be answered before I take some step that I regret later.

"Forgive me to intervene here, Majesty, but I would like to say no one, absolutely no one allowed her to enter in the Kingdom." Raymond dared to spoke, his tone firm yet affected under my pressure.

"Then would you try to explain how she is roaming freely in my place leisurely taking my Miracle as the victim of her hunger?" I growled, casting my glare at him.

Raymond flinched at my tone, very unlikely of him yet I didn't care at the moment.

"You tell me Gerard, she was prohibited to enter my territory long ago, not at any cost she was allowed then how she could set foot her. Answer me damn it!"

He stood motionless not uttering a word to explain or calm me.

Perhaps he knew it was impossible to calm me now.

"She isn't here as—but there is a reason why she is here." I murmured joining jots after the other.

"She is here as the representative of Vampire council." Gerard revealed after a moment of silence, his face grim as a decaying body.

"Vampire Representative?" fair hints of memory invaded my mind as I stressed over the word.

"The Representative we discussed about?" I asked recalling the conversation when we used healing touch on Miracle.

"Precisely, Majesty."

"But they are supposed to come later." I stated croaking my brows upward.

"Yes."

"And why only her?"

"Being a part of Vampire Council, she can freely use her right to volunteer and no one can stand against it." Raymond spoke as a matter of fact, holding his hand behind his back.

My blood boiled in my veins hearing this, rage was overpowering me as I felt the controls residing in me breaking.

"I'll—"

"Majesty!" Gerard called taking a step forward but my involuntary growl stopped his foot but not his mouth.

"This is not the time, please came down." His eyes were more concerned than alarmed at my outraged demeanor.

"I can't let her breath in my kingdom." I murmured infuriated.

"Surely you won't even if it takes away all that you have grown here." Raymond said standing up leisurely, his words riling me up unintentionally.

"Majesty, it's not as simple as you perceive." It was Gerard who said it looking at Raymond who nodded slightly.

"Are you going to tell me it was a mistake?"

"No, because it wasn't but actually," he scratched his arched brow weighing the time, "It was a plan, a well plotted plan."

I waited for him to explain further.

"The council is conspiring something." He took a breath before concluding, "Against you." He said softly, as if not wanting the words to pierce me.

I averted my eyes to the white wall on the other side, when they haven't.

It was always on their face, the King who had changed the whole system of rule and judgment, against them, in the favor of subjects, who they just took as just pawns.

Why would they like that man, who knows how to change the tables?

"Our absence in the annual council meet."

"Their sending a letter not mentioning the exact date."

"Arrival of representative prior to expected date."

"And her arrival; out of anyone." It was Raymond who added in end, the whole matter was opening up. My blood started to boil in my veins.

I eyed Gerard and now his lost stance and sealed lips made sense to me. Hs mind was going haywire with number of possibilities of her arrival. Along with that how I'll take it.

I took a seat, holding my rage within, I took a resigned breath.

Raymond and Gerard sat on opposite white couch, a look of deep musing and grimace shadowing over them. The environment was thick with tension and anger.

"If she has came a long way only to representing the council is, I highly doubt it. I wonder if she has some other hidden motives." Raymond murmured raising his perfect arched brow. I raised my brow at his obvious statement.

"Of course not, Raymond. She has her motives and we have a fair hint of what it could be." Gerard said looking at me, his eyes spoke volumes.

My blood boiled as I touched the fair hint of Gerard's words.

"Sahira." I growled voicing out his mind.

"That pest is back here, to take revenge, last time Sahira didn't let her succeed in her motives, now she wants to end what she left behind." I announced glaring at glass centre table. The clinking of the glass pierced the thick distressed layer in the air before it shattered completely, falling on the ground.

Raymond and Gerard had to move to save their feet from hurting.

Royce growled at my surging powers.

The commotion of the door interrupted, there Baron stood before coming toward us, bowing he greeted us.

Raymond eyed me with question brimming in his eyes while I just nodded.

Baron had a few answers that he needs to present in front of me.

"Majesty—"

"Have a seat Baron." I said plain. He complied with a nod.

"It's clear now, eventually she is back for—" Gerard resumed the discussion but being cut off.

"Alicia." I completed in a dead tone.

Baron didn't need to be explained the whole scenario, perhaps Revin had him briefed about last night's incident.

"She is here now to complete what she left unfinished. She wants to—"

"Not so fast Baron, this could the perfect cause but we can't be so sure." I intervened halting Baron from weaving assumptions.

She could be here for Alicia for her motives but the supernatural World is aware; reaching Alicia is impossible in any circumstances. She is not a fool to try it again but then what she is here for?

"Certainly Majesty." Raymond agreed with me with a nod.

"Why not Majesty?" Baron asked with a deep frown. I turned to face him as he sat stiff yet attentive.

"I am not sure Baron." I said truthfully.

"But that leech surely knows how to play." I gritted through my teeth recalling the events when she just touched the surface of rage and flee, outraging me.

"She's playing hide and seek to agitate me, rile me up."

"What she'll receive with this?" Baron asked, completely baffled.

"The reaction, which could be in her favor." Gerard announced on my behalf.

"That'll be a huge success on their part to prove their point. That's what council wants, that's why she is sent here." Raymond enunciated further, removing any traces of confusion from his forehead.

I averted my eyes to the rising sun from the horizons; the darkness of dawn is still lingering at the corners of sky as the light started to invade the rule of murk. My mind drifted back to my light which must be sleeping peacefully.

I had Revin there, to inform me when she is up and asked him to keep her with Tiara at their place.

I averted my eyes at Raymond's voice which slit the silence into pieces.

"I have heard she was at Revin's last night?" Raymond stated, I was wondering how this topic he hasn't raised till now.

I was starting to doubt his sources, but it is all clear after his query.

"Tiara."

"Yes she went there but Niera was there with her. She not only saved her but also held a good stand against her." Baron boosted with a proud face.

Now I was certain, Revin briefed him the whole incident. I allowed myself to lean a little against the comfortable sofa but it failed to provide me even the fragment of comfort, my mate could provide me.

"Not only this, she also became a prime target in her eyes." Raymond spoke earning a growl from me. Silence prevailed after that, as I tried to compose while he sat stiff awaiting a storm coming his way.

It was a task to pursue Royce but in front of the gravity of situation, I composed us both.

"Raymond is absolutely right here, Majesty." Gerard voiced after a long time. My steely gaze went to him but much to my dismay, he was calm and composed like the ice frozen in the depth of ocean.

We both knew he has to keep his composure when it's impossible to keep mine.

We kept each other's gaze before it went to Raymond who initiated to speak.

"My apologies Majesty. But to save this disaster, you were putting all your guards up but ended in her being a prime victim. Already Miss. William's being a human was serving as a lethal disadvantage against her. Now she has opened herself to Lamia and riling up her in the process of saving Jerry's Niece. She has left herself vulnerable to Lamia's eye." He explained as a matter of fact.

Lamia, the name itself is sufficient to enrage me.

My fist curved into a ball at the pronunciation of her name, it feels like poison in the air.

I shifted my eyes back to the glittering sky with fading clouds which was welcoming the sunny day.

It was our initial planning to keep Niera away from the Vampire Representative because if kept her in open, it won't only put her to peril but also bring a huge question in their mind about the entry of forbidden specie in Kingdom.

Having Alicia under my watch and away from the representative wasn't a big question to answer, since they knew I won't even let anyone to have a sight of Alicia, it'll be a massacre if anyone invaded her territory but having a human in the kingdom and left alive would become a tough question to dodge without putting her to severe jeopardy.

Now the trick was open, also Niera was in her sight, this situation is going to be complicated worse than we ever thought.

There is restlessness in me that wasn't ready to leave me since I have been to Revin's home. It was subsided when she was with me but its increasing, kept agitating me since the moment I left from there, away from her.

"So what should we do now?" Baron asked breaking my trance, apparently everyone's.

"That should be done now." Raymond retorted, in his crisp tone, his tension was well buried in his impassive cloak.

"And that would be?"

"Bring that pest out of her hides, which I surmise will be soon, since now she knows that I'm aware of her." I announced, nonchalantly.

"It'll confine her to certain extend, knowing she'll be under my watch." I elaborated further looking at their semi puzzled faces.

"And, about Luna." Baron took the title with utmost care, weighing my outraged stance. His eyes shone in worry, Miracle has been succeeded to smitten him in her innocent charm.

"Nothing will touch her." I said with indefinite in my tone.

"You have something in mind, Majesty." Raymond asserted which Gerard knew looking into my eyes.

"Lamia dared to cross the Alpha King; she must learn a lesson which will be served as the warning for all those who dream such absurdity in future." A smirk made its way to my face which didn't go unnoticed by Gerard.

"Very well Majesty. I'll wait for the lesson which you'll serve her." Raymond stood with the announcement.

With a bow, he left without any further crisp response of him, which I was left to comprehend staring at his retreating figure.

The closed behind him leaving the noise of silence that was lingering round us.

Baron, as I could perceive was brimming with queries, wanted to know the lesson I had planned for that pest Lamia but his queries stayed in his eyes, never reached his lips.

"I must—"

"Wait Gerard." I stopped him from leaving as he made an attempt to get up. Hearing me, he sat back before staring at me in anticipation.

My gaze drifted between him to Baron who was sitting attentively, waiting for me to speak.

"Yesterday, I met Niera in the woods." I initiated intertwining my fingers.

They both nodded at my words, taking in the details, I was presenting.

"There I was a wound on my mate's neck, dark and agonizing, it was there inflicting her pain." I uncrossed my legs as I spoke. The reactions which I wanted to read from their impassive eyes were there in front of me.

Gerard gave a little blink while Baron flinched at my calm tone; he knew this calm was before the storm.

"Since so many days you have been known to this wound, but no heal was provided to her. Can I ask why Dexter?" I asked him, raising my brow, the control inside me was wearing thin.

They let her suffer!

There must be some reason. I offered being completely aware of the fact, Baron won't let her be in pain if could do something to erase it.

"And what was the reason?" I asked raising my brows and roaming my gaze around.

Both of them were looking at each other's face rather than answering me.

I growled in frustration before my patience finally snapped causing me to growl in result.

"Majesty, we are yet to find the cause." Dexter spoke with measured words.

"What does that means exactly, Dexter?"

"The wound on her neck is unusual; it's quite different from any wound on human body." He enunciated weighing his words in stress.

Expected. Royce mused lost in his own thoughts.

"What about the healing?" I asked further. My mind lost in her worry. The pain she went through suddenly in the woods.

"Just as the wound, the healing is unusual Majesty. One day it looked like completely healed the next day it looks severe." He explained, deep frown lines marring his face recalling the incidents of past.

"But it's now completely healed." Gerard intervened gaining our attention.

He glanced at me briefly; before keeping his gaze on me he continued, "Completely healed in one day."

It had to be.

I sighed before nodding, "Yes."

"How—" Dexter's query dies down as his gaze drifted from Gerard's to mine, a smile eventually formed on his lips with a hint of gratitude.

I'll do anything for her. She is mine!

"Any unusual-ness or eccentric element you caught around her, Majesty." Gerard asked further, averting my mind from her to the matter.

She is another name of different and unique from this whole world. Royce muttered in my head.

I averted my eyes back to the painting on the wall.

"Yes Gerard, there was something different in her wound as what Royce perceived." Admiring the strokes of paintbrush, I murmured.

"Can we—"

I shook my head to his further query.

I'm yet to find the reason and source of her wound.

And to finish it off! Royce murmured furiously.

"Do you know the source of her wound?" I asked further; my mind trying to fetch the expected reasons for this unusual wound.

That too on the place where her mark will rest.

Where I'll claim her. Royce growled for his claim.

It was difficult to control self near her but now that I have taste her; stacking my claim; the desire in me has left me restless for her, my mate.

My Miracle!

"Well—Majesty, according to Jerry. It all happened when Sere—"

"Majesty?" Black interrupted; the air went from tensed to thick. I eyed his stiff form, there was something that was bothering him, I caught. I could distinctly feel Gerard's eye on me as I waited for him to reveal.

"The Vampire Representative is here."

"Finally!"

***

July 23, 2018

So finally, Gideon gave away his whole perspective. He was there for his Miracle, some sweet moments in his words.

Some answers, some more questions and that's how was this chapter.

Feel free to ask any query if you have.

So the name is here, and she'll be here.

Excited to meet her?

To know her more?

About her connection with Alicia?

Stay tuned!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Would love to her your views.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 513 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
112K 5.8K 140
A perfectly planned and coordinated cross country trip sends a young woman's world spiraling out of control with lifelong secrets coming to light, ke...
38.4K 3.1K 65
Iris Gomez, 30, thought she had it all: a great career, friends, family, and a fiance that she would marry in two months. However, everything crashes...