Adoration | B. Barnes

By Marvelmania247

in which a damaged soul finds refuge in a lost soldier More

โ‡จ ACT ONE
โ‡จ MIDSHIFT
โ‡จ START OF IT ALL
โ‡จ IS THIS REAL?
โ‡จ SITUATED
โ‡จ SAFE HOUSE
โ‡จ TIPSY
โ‡จ HANGOVER
โ‡จ A HUG?
โ‡จ WELL SHIT
โ‡จ REUNION
โ‡จ T-SHIRT
โ‡จ ROAD TRIP
โ‡จ CONFESSION
โ‡จ SO FUCKING CUTE
โ‡จ IT'S GONNA BE OKAY
โ‡จ CONTENT
โ‡จ THE TRUTH
โ‡จ GONE
โ‡จ IT'S HER
โ‡จ MEMORIES
โ‡จ THE MOMENT
โ‡จ TOGETHER AGAIN
โ‡จ YOU'RE MY FOOL
โ‡จ THE END PART 1

โ‡จ BREACH

5.7K 121 8
By Marvelmania247

It has been months since my intimate encounter with Bucky, my rattled mind still played the vulnerable moment on repeat; there was no denying the cunning soldier was clearly consuming my thoughts.

This posed a problem in my daily life, every time I caught a glimpse his shining blue eyes my heart skipped a beat. Although nauseatingly cliche, it grew increasingly harder to stomach the butterflies; however, I continued to mask the silly emotions preying on my growing friendship with Bucky. This was something I couldn't afford to lose, not after everything, I needed to keep this. Over the course of long nights spent devouring large amounts of Chinese food, recklessly dancing, and forcing the team to engage in countless movie marathons; Bucky and I had grown quite close to one another. One might even say fond.

• • •

With the rest of the team fast asleep, I lied in bed, yet again, letting the eery silence devoured my empty bedroom, engaging in the probably one hundredth attempt of trying to rid the painfully familiar sensation bubbling inside my chest, which only made the situation at hand worse. As a result of trying to forget the incident, vivid pictures of Bucky's scruffy face pricked my memories. This was definitely gonna be one of those nights.

Untangling myself from the warm sheets I stood to my feet scrunching my toes in the knitted carpet beneath, eagerly craving something to occupy my restless mind. Taking a deep breath made me realize how my lungs desperately craved the mountain air; which resulted in me shuffling across the carpeted floor and sliding the linen curtains across the squeaking rod. My hand clasped the cold metal latch securing the window shut, pricking my alerted nerves as I opened the panel of glass. Taking a deep breath my eyes slowly closed as the aroma of wood, fresh dewy grass, and sweet flowers flooded my nostrils and the brisk breeze sent involuntary shivers throughout my body. This moment alone was almost enough. Almost. This act alone didn't quite scratch the lingering itch.

Shortly after, I slipped on a deep green thickly knitted sweater over my flannel pj pants and white cami, ready to quench this unmistakable thirst for something. I just couldn't quite figure out what that something was. Quietly cracking open the door I stealthy shuffled down stairs in my socks and sandals, trying my best not to disrupt the rest of the team. To my disadvantage, the main door abruptly squeaked as I began to open it, causing my heart to nearly fly from my chest; nevertheless, I continued my pointless voyage. However, I was far too focused on keeping deathly silent my eyes didn't have time to wander over the sofa where Bucky sat alerted, and of course he wanted to stop me, but he thought it'd best to leave me be. As much as he wanted to deny it, he found himself worried for my safety as always.

I aimlessly trekked through the lonesome, dark woods trying to clear my flustered mind and make sense of a few things as my thoughts were uncontrollably firing through my searing head; completely suppressing the tranquil views and peaceful sounds underneath my overstimulated brain activity.

"Fuck this." Bucky mumbled dropping his tense shoulders, growing increasingly anxious with the coming of each lonely minute. Dangerously worried, the disgruntled soldier decided to take a stroll of his own in the attempt to calm his heart pounding outside his chest heart.

"Dammit, Kate. Why didn't you just tell him?" I angrily fumed disappointed that I'd built walls so fortified that I couldn't see honest help within arms reach. After months I still scolded my defensive response to his act of genuine kindness towards me in my time of distress. "You barely know the guy! He doesn't want to hear your shitty problems! Hell, I wouldn't even want to hear them!" I confessed nearly tripping over a monstrous log which sent a sharp, searing pain clawing up my leg. "Fuck!" I exclaimed catching myself but froze where I stood at the sound of leaves crunching under feet that weren't my own. "Bucky?" I anxiously gulped as fear struck my soul, only hoping to be greeted by a familiar face while finding it silly that I automatically assumed it was him.

"Kate?" He whispered curiously to himself, quickly turning his head in all directions looking for my sweet, forgiving face.

In a matter of seconds, the mysterious foot steps became louder, quicker, and seemed to be coming directly towards me.

"Listen, whoever the hell you are you do not want to piss me off right now. I've had a pretty fucked up last few months and I'm really not in the mood." I warned with venom dripping off my tongue as my breath hitched in my throat, quickly surveying the surrounding landscape as my eyes aimlessly darted back and forth; the only thing my scanning eyes bringing into focus being the swallowing darkness surrounding me.

"Kate!" Bucky finally shouted but his reassuring voice came from the complete opposite direction, alerting me the unknown sounds weren't his.

"Shit, shit, shit." I frantically repeated quickly darting towards the reassuring sound of Bucky's repetitive calls as my entire body burning as fear soon devoured me entirely.

After repeatedly tumbling over hidden rocks, logs, and bushes I glanced behind me while picking myself up, once again, only to see a dark figure heading towards my direction. The undeniably anxious, helpless feeling felt like no other and all at once a tingling sensation shot down my spine as the hair on my neck and arms stood completely straight; everything around me blurring into a hazy picture as the mysterious figure became my only source of unwavering focus.

"I-I'm being followed! He's male, tall, I couldn't make out any other details!" I choked from my raw throat nearly clamped shut feeling completely alone and vulnerable which rang like mantra inside Bucky's attentive ears; causing him to run determined at full capacity taking down anything in his path, his senses not bothering to register the jagged edges of snapping twigs brushing against his exposed skin.

"Kate, I'm coming! I'm coming!" He reassured running at a dangerously fast pace quickly switching over into defense mode; a mixture of both unleashed rage and crippling fear fueling his every step. I continued to desperately drag my now fatigued limbs behind me in the foolish attempt to escape the mysterious figure; all while the sound of snapping sticks mixed with my own panting flooded my ears concurrently meshing with wrestling thoughts mentally preparing to take down whoever the hell this was. Although, before I could solidify a concrete plan I came into contact with a speeding, solid structure which completely knocked my now alert body onto the dampened leaves crunching below me.

"Bucky? Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed relieved firmly clutching my chest as Bucky rushed to my side while his intently scanning eyes immediately checked for any sign of injuries.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Bucky panted effortlessly lifting me to my feet as my worries soon melted away as soon as his hand gripped my forearm.

"There's a man. He's following me." I breathlessly gulped, my throat feeling of sandpaper, as Bucky held me tightly against his side, scouting the perimeter as my trailing eyes wandered towards his noticeably clenched jaw and defined creases residing beneath his eyes.

When was the last time he slept?

If I wasn't fearful for my own life I probably would've taken notice to the fluttering consuming my gut and the tingling warmth rushing to my cheeks.

"We'll take care of this, lets get you back inside. Now." Bucky firmly asserted briefly releasing my from his secure grasp as I attempted to catch my breath; my lungs desperately swallowing each ounce of oxygen I provided.

"O-ok." I panted as he unhesitatingly swept me into his arms, eager to return me to safety. I held my breath for a second, trying to catch up with what just happened, but could hardly focus my pacing mind while I was safely secured in his arms, once again. His grip was tight, yet gentle, and even though complete darkness devoured my surroundings I couldn't miss his blue eyes which were solely fixated on me.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked once more.

"Yes, I'm fine. All thanks to you." I replied with a sheepish smile as he rotated his position and pushed the door open with his back side, rushing into the house only to be greeted by the entire team cryptically staring.

"Stark, we need to check the perimeter. Now." Bucky strictly ordered gently setting me down as the team stiffened their posture.

"On it." Tony replied as everyone quickly prepared themselves leaving me amongst dust of shuffling soldiers, assassins, geniuses, and a god.

"Care for some company?" Steve politely smiled noticing my fidgety mannerisms, like I wanted to help but couldn't.

"Is Bucky leaving too?" I timidly asked fearing someone else might hear my worry.

"I'm afraid so, but I'll keep you safe in the mean time, Kate." Steve sweetly explained, as his mind started to wonder...

"Well, would Mister America care to watch a movie with me?" I awkwardly asked continuing to fidget with my fingers as a coping mechanism as I awaited an answer.

"I'd love to, Kate." He kindly replied as a smile crept across my face.

Continuing on my previous request, my eyes found themselves staring impatiently at the microwave's countdown as the luring smell of buttery popcorn made my tastebuds burn in anticipation. After making the biggest bowl of popcorn imaginable, Steve and I sat comfortably on the leather sofa with me continually explaining what was going on the entire movie and what half of the modern lingo meant. Who knew watching a movie could become such a strenuous task?

"Steve, catch!" I exclaimed throwing popcorn is his direction, and of course he tried his best to catch it, but early tumbled off the sofa doing so.

"Wait, I've got this! Let me try again! Please!" Steve pleaded, urging me for a second chance to prove that Mister America could at least catch a minuscule piece of corn.

"Ok, ready?" I asked as Steve nodded and as expected he easily caught it this time around.

"See?" He proudly smirked perking his shoulders.

"Rapid fire!" I exclaimed.

"W-what?" He asked confused as I threw handfuls of popcorn in Steve's direction as he merely sat with his mouth wide open trying to catch every single piece as I uncontrollably laughed. "Your turn." Steve added cocking his head as I shook mine.

"I don't think so-" I began as he took the enormous bowl of popcorn from me, dumping it over my head. "Rogers!" I scolded with widened eyes as nearly every piece of popcorn became entangled in my unkept locks of hair, earning a poor attempt of a muzzled laugh to roll of Steve's tongue.

"Well, shit." He sighed adjusting his composure while examining the rooms current state.

"Language..." I coaxingly mumbled as he quickly whipped his head around to face me with an annoyed expression etched across his face. "I-" I began as Steve's expression intensified while his once glowing eyes quickly surveyed the room and windows.

"Shhh." He whispered hastily putting his finger to my lips.

"What?" I whispered as he immediately secured me to his side. "S-steve?" I stuttered caught off guard, maybe it was another murderous task force, my bounty hunter, or maybe HYRDA themselves? In reality, none of these logical thoughts danced through my mind, all I could think about was the fact that Captain America suddenly held me close to his side; I could feel his panting chest and viscously pounding heart. However, I didn't feel the same peace or closure the way I did when Bucky held me that close...

"Let's go. Now." Steve sternly demanded chivalrously shielding himself around me as he lead the way.

"Uhm, okay." I solemn replied as I followed close by his side with my voice coordinating with the ominous silence.

"Stark, Stark!" Steve repeated over the intercom. "Dammit..." He added with the absence of a response.

"Somethings wrong, what is it?" I asked staring into Steve's worried eyes which made me feel all the more uneasy.

"I hate to do this, but-" Steve began reducing himself to my level, securely grabbing both of my arms while his worried eyes flickered between my features.

"But you've gotta go check things out, and you don't need my clumsy ass in the way." I interrupted trying to litter the words rolling off my tongue with a sense of humor in the attempt to lighten the anxious mood.

"I would've put it a lot politer, and nicer, but yes. I'm sorry, Kate." Steve replied leading me into a heavily protected room, switching on the lights revealing what I assumed to be an armory; my trailing eyes immediately drawn towards the racks of perfectly polished guns. "If anything goes wrong click this hear-" He began to explain handing me a simple handgun which jostled my momentary, undivided attention back into reality.

"Rogers, I can handle a gun. Go figure out whatever this weird shit is." I interrupted while gesturing for the soldier to simply do his job, weakly smiling at the smirk tugging on the corners of his lips turning upward.

Okay so that confusing time jump tho, I'm sorry bromies, I had a MAJOR writing block during this lol😅Thank you all for reading! Hope you enjoyed😊 ALSO THAT STEVE GIF THO IM CRYING 😭😩😍

Xx- Maddy❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 107 24
๐‚๐‡๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐“๐Œ๐€๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐€๐‘๐Ž๐”๐๐ƒ๐ŸŒŒ หš๏ฝฅ๏พŸ/ โeverybody wants a happy ending, right?โž / [ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐•๐„๐‹ ] โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”เผปโœงเผบโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“ โ–ธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ ๐œ๐ก...
2.7M 82.8K 39
โDo you feel like a young god?โž [across the marvel cinematic universe] [thor - age of ultron] [book one of ?] [CURRENTLY EDITING]
15.9K 506 25
promโ€ขise /'prรคmษ™s/ ๐š ๐๐ž๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐ซ ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐๐จ ๐š ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ...