The Most Dangerous Game (Harr...

By Posh777

"One game, one hand. That's all I want." He smiles confidently at me, "You really think you can win against... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76

65

1.7K 88 13
By Posh777

-Harry

"Smith and Westin M&P 9 model. It's an eight round clip, locks into the bottom.." Everly casually loads the small gun in her hand, before pointing to a little button on the side of it. "the safety is accessed by your thumb, here."

She holds the gun out to me, and I take it cautiously before gripping it firmly in my right hand.

"Never rest your finger on the trigger." She instructs. "Always keep it along the side of the barrel, it should only be on the trigger when you're shooting it."

I nod, feeling the light weight of it in my palm.

"Have you never shot a gun before?"

I raise an eyebrow at her, "Apparently you have."

"Dad took us to classes since we were kids." She shrugs.

I glance at Arthur, who pulls another small gun out of a duffle bag across the room.

"At the time it was to keep myself sharp." He walks over to us, handing Everly another gun just like the one I'm holding. "I didn't ever think you'd have to put those lessons to use."

"You any good?" I ask Everly.

"Evie was the best in every class she took." Arthur answers for her with a smile. "Used to piss her brother off.."

"Can we not talk about him?" Everly cuts him off, her loud voice surprising both of us.

"Evie... your brother.."

"Is only in this situation because of you. We're ALL only in this situation because of you!" She slams the gun down on the table in front of her suddenly.

"I know." Arthur sighs. "I'm sorry. I never thought it would lead to all of this."

He places a hand on Everly's shoulder but she quickly brushes it off.

"Arthur, could you give us a minute?" I gently ask.

"Sure." He mumbles before heading out of the room and down the hallway.

I wait until I hear a door close, signaling we're really alone.

"He loves you."

"He's put me through h.ell Harry." Everly exhales, shaking her head.

"I don't doubt that, not in the least. But he loves you."

"Does he?" Her eyes meet mine, "I used to think he did. But what he put me through...."

"He's been hiding away in here for over a year, trying to pin Carter; trying to put him away so he could be with you."

"This isn't about me. This is about my mother. He wants revenge for her death. You heard him, he's been obsessed with that since the day they pulled those storage containers out of the river."

"Course he wants revenge. Course he's been obsessed with it." I agree, "The woman he loved was taken away from him. But when he realized you were in danger, it became about you. You and Reid, you're the last pieces of her he has. The rest is just memories. You're more important then any memory."

"You really believe that?"

"Those aren't my words love, they're his." I reach out my hand, pulling her towards me. "You're the one that needs to believe them."

She lets me wrap my arms around her, holding her as she take a few deep breaths. Her hot breath hits the front of my shirt as she lays her head against it.

"Forgive him." I whisper softly.

She looks up at me, her eyes red. "Forgive me Harry."

"Already done." I answer truthfully. "Like I said, I'm in."

I lean down, pressing my lips against hers gently. She doesn't hesitate, placing her palm against my cheek as she kisses me back.

When our lips part, she smiles. "Is that a gun in your hand or are you just happy to see me?"

I chuckle, shaking my head at her.

"Funny one, aren't you?" I peck her lips again, "Now what exactly am I supposed to do with this tiny thing?"

She laughs, the sound filling the whole flat.

"Wasn't talking about my willy, as you well know." I roll my eyes at her. "Meant the gun."

"Sure.." She grins, "It's tiny so you can carry it without anyone noticing."

"Ah." I nod, making sure the safety is on before reaching around behind me, lifting up my shirt, and tucking it into the back of my jeans.

"You're already a natural."

"I've seen enough movies to know where you carry a gun. Don't know how you'd ever get used to the feel of it though." I muse, the cold metal feeling strange against my skin.

"That's good. Then you'll always remember it's there if you need it."

She takes her gun off the table, loading it before tucking it into the back of her jeans as well. She looks confident, like she's already decided exactly how she's going to use it.

"You really think you could shoot someone?" I question.

"No, not someone. Carter."

"You could actually kill him?"

"He killed Maya right in front of me." She states flatly. "So yes, I could."

"Thought the goal was to see him in prison, not dead."

"You heard my father, a man like Carter doesn't go to prison. And even if he did, you really think he couldn't reach us from behind bars? If he's not dead, then we are."

"So that's where this ends?" I furrow my brow as a frown overtakes her face.

She looks at me intently, her concern for me evident.

"Harry, you can still leave New York. Just get on a plane."

"Only way I'm getting on a plane is if you're with me."

"I can't, I don't have a choice."

"Neither do I."

"Yes you do, I have to do this for Reid. You..."

"I have to do this for you." I interrupt her. "If we don't leave together now, then we'll leave together when it's done."

"We all will.' Arthur speaks up, stepping out of the hallway and holding up his cell. "Sorry to interrupt, but I just got a tip from my contact."

"Your contact?" Everly questions as Arthur sits down at one of the white tables littered with newspaper clippings.

"I have someone on the inside who keeps me informed on Carter."

"Margo?"

"Who?" Arthur doesn't glance up as he quickly jots down a note on a random piece of paper.

"She works for the FBI, she's working undercover at Carter's." Everly pauses, "She's one of his.. girlfriends."

"One?" Arthur stops what he's doing, looking up at Everly. "I thought you were engaged to him."

"I am. I mean... It's a long story."

"Long f.ucked up story." I chime in, causing Everly to shoot me a pointed look.

"Well, I don't know who Margo is. I didn't realize the FBI had sent anyone else in."

Everly's eyes meet mine before focusing on her father. "Anyone else? There was someone they sent in before?"

"There's been several sent in. None made it back out."

"Who's your contact?"

"You know I can't tell you that." Arthur shakes his head. "Besides, that's not what matters. What matters is that Carter is headed to Harry's gym right now."

"My gym? Why?"

"He didn't find you at your apartment. I'm guessing he's making sure that what Everly told him wasn't true. That you aren't getting ready to get on a plane to England."

I quickly grab my keys off the table, "I've got to get down there."

"What? Why?" Everly follows me to the door, grabbing my arm to stop me.

"Coach is the one that gave me this address."

"What?"

"Weeks ago, when I realized how Harry was involved, I went to see Lou Gallo. I figured this would end with you sending him away. I also knew he couldn't leave, not if you were gonna make it out of this." Arthur explains.

Everly turns to glare at her father, "So Harry could be halfway to England right now if you hadn't stopped him!"

"Carter was never going to let him leave. You know that. I knew he would see Lou before he left, I needed to make sure he'd end up here instead of at the airport."

"I can't believe you.."

"You really want to blame me for him being involved in this?" Arthur scoffs as he points at me.

"Enough!" I raise my voice, "It's done. Am not here because of either of you. No one in this room had control of anyone else being involved in this. We're all in this mess cause of one f.ucking person. Kimura."

Everly closes her eyes, taking a breath to calm herself down, "Harry's right. In the end this is all Kimura."

"Agreed." Arthur nods.

"Now, I have to get to the gym before Carter does. He can't get this address." I walk a few paces to the door, gripping the door handle before turning back "Everly..."

"Promise me you'll be careful." She gives me a forced smile, clearly worried.

I quickly pull her into a hug, my hand resting on the back of her head as I press a swift kiss to her forehead.

"Scouts honor. Be back before you know it."

A quick peck on the lips and our eyes meet. I give her a small smile and a nod.

"I'll be fine. He needs me for that 10th fight remember?"

She nods in agreement, obviously trying to convince herself what I said is true.

After one more kiss and an eyebrow raise from Arthur, I'm walking out of the flat and towards the lift.

Wondering what the h.ell is waiting for me at the gym.

And how quickly I'm going to have to use the gun I can feel pressed against my back with every step I take.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3.5K 80
Alison Evans is thrilled to start her job as a journalist in the heart of Philadelphia. Her spirit of inquiry leads her to places she's been told not...
41.2K 1.6K 47
"๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด... ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด.... ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ...
12K 290 27
One of the oldest most terrifying vampires of all time and has waited 897 years for his soul mate:Harry Styles โ—ˆExtarct: I watched as the mans lifele...
1.5M 42.2K 39
[complete; editing, ROUGH draft] "Say something in Spanish." I snorted, "Like what?" "I don't know... I just want to hear you speak it." Our gaze sta...