Demon in me!

By BabyDollxox

On her eighteenth birthday Clara's mother was raped by a demon but not just any demon the prince of the under... More

Demon in me!
See my life is perfectly normal!
A Beautiful Nightmare
The first kiss
I think I drank to much!
The problems just keep on rolling!
The arms of the angel.
I did not see that coming!
The calm before the storm!
Caught between a hunter and a hard place!
Got to be cruel to be kind!
My almost lover.
A sight that cant be unseen.
The blood that stains my hands.
The story of my protector.
Could my luck be changing?
When Destiny unfolds
Some well deserved closure.
Our last goodbye
Home sweet home!
Authors Note!
The course of love never did run smooth
Taking one for the team.
From the ashes hell comes a man in love.
A friendly face with a guilty mind.
A turn for the worst
And so the journey begins.
A drink and we're off

A new beginning

2K 28 5
By BabyDollxox

      When we got up the steps the man Ste pounced on me for a hug, he was very charming and very excited. He told us it would take about twenty minutes of preparations before we were off. Dimitri took me on inside followed by the group. The inside of the plane was amazing, cream coloured leather seats surround two tables towards the front of the plane – further back there where some individual recliners seats and some sofas surrounding a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. This looked like it could fit about twenty people in comfort.

      For the majority of the flight I sat with Rob and Cas talking and laughing. Nadia joined our table after about an hour claiming she was sick and tired of hearing Mark argue with Dimitri. We didn’t mind, in fact I wanted to interrogate her anyway, I do still consider Mark to be my best friend and no one less than perfect for him!

     But Nadia easily passes that test. She seems a little too good to be true, she is smart, pretty, and exceptionally nice and not to mention she is hot! But the entire time I have been talking to her I can’t help but feel like she is hiding something. Maybe it’s nothing but I think I need to get to know her a little better.

      By the time six hours had passed Cas and Rob were fast asleep on one of the sofas. Nadia was sprawled on Marks chest also fast asleep but Mark was wide awake and scrolling through his phone. When Dimitri had told me to get some rest I had immidetly protested that I was too excited and or nervous to sleep – but as usual he was right; within the hour I was fast asleep on his shoulder.

---

“Clara wake up, we’re here” I hear being whispered softly into my ear. Threw groggy sleep filled eyes I glance up to Dimitri who is smiling sweetly down at me. I turn to look around the plane at Cas and Rob rubbing their eyes and stretching their somewhat stiff limbs.

I move my own tired body and check everything back into working order while I hear a little ‘ding’ from the plane.

“that’s the seatbelt warning, we’re about to land” Dimitri Whispers to me. Still drowsy I connect the seat belt around my waist. Dimitri rubs my shoulder as the planes decent becomes more drastic. My stomach flips a little at the falling sensation and my ears begin to pop – I hold my nose and puff out my cheeks to prevent it and I hear Dimitri laugh at my face.

“What? I hate that feeling” I demand at him, he just laughs

“You look ridiculous” I would argue but I really have no case here.

“Ladies, Gentlemen and little monsters! Welcome to Rome” Ste’s happy voice sings over the intercom followed a few seconds later by a bounce and the sound of the tires touching down.

Quickly I turn round to the small window beside my seat and look out at the late day sky; a dark orange with the sun looking like it is ready to set but is holding on long enough for us to arrive. Slowly the plane rolls to a halt and in the distance I can see three cars with two people standing in front of them. The girl and boy with the turquoise hair who has made themselves scarce this entire flight runs from out of nowhere and begins to open the door and sort out the stairs. Meanwhile I get to my feet and stretch my folded body.

Dimitri walks on to the door. From the corner of my eye I see the two crew stand back and bow to him, he just lifts a hand and smiles like before. I run up behind him and peer round his shoulder at the scene that awaits us. He leads us out of the door. As soon as I step out of the plane I walk into a wall of heat mixed with exotic smells. It feels so nice.

As each of us files down the stairs we stand in a semi-circle around the two people I can only expect to be our escorts.

A woman stands in front of us while the man has his back turned to us and is talking on a phone.

The girl has long reddish brown hair with light red highlights that falls in graceful waves and loses curls over one of her shoulders. She has a heart shaped face and light grey eyes surrounded by elegant black eyeliner that flicks out into two perfect cat eyes. She does not look happy. She is smiling but it looks forced. She is tall and quite skinny. Her tight blue jeans rest under a long flowing cream top under a black jacket. She is wearing stunning strappy healed sandals.

“Hello Dimitri” she says as she reaches out to hug him. She barely pats his shoulder and looks like it hurts her to touch him.

“hello Lola” whoa! Dimitri sounds really uncomfortable. He seems almost nervous; he was jumpy when he went to hug her now I can see the slightest blush tint on his cheeks.

He flicks his eyes over to me and quickly shakes the notion off his face; I wonder what’s got him so uncomfortable. I guess that’s going on the ever increasing list of things to ask him. I see Dimitri glance up to the man on the phone then back to Lola. Who is still watching everything and doesn’t seem to want to miss a beat.

“Cecilia called him” she shrugs apparently not knowing anymore. Her gaze falls on me; a shiver shoots up my spine.

“So this is her?” her voice becomes a little more schpetical her weight shifts to her right foot and she crosses her arms. I feel her wondering eyes dart up and down my body. I don’t know why I feel so nervous right now, it’s not like I am trying to impress her, I don’t know her; yet I feel the excessive need to show dominance and strength “she doesn’t look like a warrior” she sneers in my direction but looking at Dimitri. Ouch, that was a bit harsh.

“And you don’t look like a nice person but I am sure you have it in you somewhere” Dimitri reply’s. She has no retort but continues to look at everyone else.

“well I hope she doesn’t mess up” she mutters then scans the group quickly and the stern, cold look on her face doesn’t let up.

“we send you out for one and you bring us a whole party, let me guess, they are here for spare parts and back-ups?” she laughs at herself.

“Give it a rest would you” Dimitri says pinching the bridge of his nose looking very annoyed letting out a long sigh. I turn my attention to the man on the phone. He has his hand pressed on the white car with the phone still pressed to his hear. I perk up my ears in an attempt to try and catch what he is saying.

“Yes, I understand, I’ll tell him right now, goodbye and Cecilia have everything ready by time I get back” it appears that I have missed the conversation. He flips the phone shut and recomposes himself. Slowly he walks up beside Lola.

He is slightly taller than Dimitri would be, maybe about six foot four or something. I can see from here he is muscular but not overly done – his head rest a top broad shoulders. His face is gorgeous, chiselled features and stunning blue eyes. His hair is black and cut perfectly. Even though he has all this he still looks incredibly worried. He first of all turns to Dimitri whose expression drops as well. I can feel the mood tension.

“what did Cecilia have to say?” he asks

“Dimitri” he pauses “something’s happened”

“What, please tell me it’s not…” Dimitri sounds worried.

“Her mission took a bad turn and we just lost communications about twenty minutes ago” the man says sounding more frustrated now.

“what’s the plan” Dimitri asks and I see that his hands have balled up into a fist.

“When we get back to the manor I will look for her” he says

“I’ll come with you” Dimitri replies, what the hell is going on? The man nods before his attention falls on me. he walks over quickly and falls down on to one knee. Gently he takes my hand and kisses it.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Clara, I am Nicolas Rose, if you require anything do not hesitate to ask, I am at your service” he says so elegantly but quite rushed – clearly his is eager to get back to look for whoever mission has gone wrong. a little stunned by his actions I just nod and say.

“Oh, em, thank you, but what is going on? Whose communications went down?” he rose in front of me and exchanged a look with Dimitri whose arm encircles my waist

“I’ll explain in the car “ Dimitri says rather urgently. “okay Mark and Nadia you’re riding with Lola and Cas and Rob you’re with Nick” he says pointing them to the cars Rob and Cas moved to get in the black car while Mark and Nadia got in the white one. Dimitri stood with Lola and nick saying something I couldn’t quite make out. They broke and each went to their cars, I follow Dimitri to the red one on the end.

We took off first and shot off down the road leaving the plane behind.

“so?” I ask still waiting on an explanation.

“What” he shakes his head looking confused.

“What’s happening? Whose communications went down” I ask again

“oh, you remember the girl from the photo, Juliet?”

“Yea, your sister?” I ask

“Yea her, she got sent out on a mission that she shouldn’t have been sent on, and well, something’s gone wrong”

“What was her mission?”

“I don’t know, she wasn’t allowed to tell me the details for some reason, but the last time she went on a mission like this, when she was out of her comfort zone something happened to her, and, well” he hesitates “people died” he choked.

“Do you think it has happened again?” I ask craving more information.

“no, I know that she would rather die than live to see herself become that again, she has shut it off completely” he says and the point dawns on me.

“So you think she might be…” unable to finish the sentence I see the worry in Dimitri’s face.

“I don’t think so, not yet anyway, but I think she could be in real trouble, if the right demons get their hands on her we’re in real trouble, and I promised her I would never let her go back to that” Dimitri was speeding up this road at some speed. I can’t think of anything to say to comfort him, I know nothing about this world – for now I just rest my hand on his shoulder. He gives me a smile and looks like he is calming down a little; he looks like he has a plan.

 We drive for a while longer until we reach the entrance to a small town, it doesn’t take long for us get through it. I was a bit worried about everyone else in the other car, Mark is sure to be making thing awkward with Lola driving but I trust Nadia to be keeping him in check.

After making our way through another little town with cute Stone buildings we turned out on to a large open road. I glance over to Dimitri who is looking so relaxed now. He must really love it here. He looks back over at me and his dreamy look melted into a smile. With one hand still on the wheel his other slides into my hand resting on the arm rest.

"It’s beautiful here" I say nodding my head to the field of poppies we are currently passing.

"yea, I know, I have missed it here" he looks back at the road.

Up ahead I could begin to see shapes and shadows that gradually began to morph into buildings in the distance.

"Is that where we are heading?" I ask indicating to the new town that was appearing before us.

"kinda, the mansion is just beyond this next town, but while we are driving through it try and memorise the layout and keep your eye open for anything..." he paused for a second "anything unusual or useful"  he has an sort of amused yet evil smile on his face . What could he possibly be planning with this town?

"Dare I ask why?"

"You'll find out soon enough"

"Oh that sounds reassuring"

"Have I ever let you down before?"

I laugh and tilt my head towards him. His eyes widen as he realises what I’m about to bring up.

"you mean like the time..."

"Clara don't go there!" he says playfully

"Like the time you dropped me off that building!" I laugh while he sighs

“come on that was part of your training and you survived!” he retaliates.

“still did it” I laugh.

We now approach this new town, far bigger than the rest. Looking around I see much larger and much grander buildings. I see little shops and stalls all around. Over some smaller buildings I see the top of a very grand cathedral. I see what Dimitri means by anything unusual or useful; there are countless flat rooftops to run across, wires to climb across. Bars and trees to swing off. I can just tell I am going to be doing some training here.

Soon after that we exit the town. we crawl on to another wide open road. The sun is still holding on in the sky making everything sepia toned and it looks amazing.

“so how much longer till we’re there?” I ask closing my eyes.

“Well about fifteen min…” Dimitri is cut off. I feel something dark in the air. My eyes flick open to see five shadows moving rapidly towards us. They cover the road with equal spaces between them.

Three loud shots come from behind us making me spin around in my seat to see where they came from. Another group of these black things were flanking the other two cars.  It becomes clear that these black shadows are demons, all riding demonic looking motor bikes with an array of spikes and skulls placed all over them.

Lola in the white car swerves into the demon on her left knocking him clean off the bike.

“Dimitri!” I squeal flicking back around to see how close the other five had gotten. Suddenly comes a ringing sound from the screen below the radio. It says answer call and the name Nick so I hit answer – I don’t have time to wait for Dimitri’s permission!

Nicks face pops up on the screen although he continues to look around at his own action scene.

“Dimitri! We have a problem!” he yells over the crashing of another demon ramming them.

“I noticed thanks, what do we do?”

I look around at the five demons that have spun their bikes around so that they are traveling alongside us. One of them begins his decent into a crash with us. In an instant Dimitri hits the breaks letting us fall back enough for the demon to collide with another who had been carrying out the same manuvor on the other side. They collide and in a bloody mess they roll on the floor. Dimitri swerves to miss their bodies and bikes.

“we have to out run them; we don’t have the fire power to beat them!” Nick yells from the screen.

Suddenly I see in the wing mirror an explosion that lets off a mushroom cloud of fire. I shriek knowing that that was were Nick’s car was. Hurriedly I spin round to try and get a better look.

“Oh thank god” I yell as I see the black car come zooming out of the cloud quickly followed by the white car. Some demons still remained tailing us but there are about six still on those two cars.

“Guys! What happened?” Dimitri calls to Nick.

“I have no idea; someone just shot one of their full tanks” Nick replies. Just as he does a bright orange car pulls out from behind the black car. There is a demon riding in front of it by about a meter. Intently I keep my eyes fixed on him as he pulls some sort of gun from his side.

Before his hand can leave his cloak the content of his head is flying out covering the road below him. My jaw drops. The person driving the orange car just shot him. I watch as the orange car swerves and moves around taking out each demon around the two cars. The demons that where tailing us is now speeding up to either side of the car and I get a good look at the hideous tattooed and distorted faces they have.

The one on Dimitri’s side rams into the car and takes out the window. My eyes stay fixed on the demon and sure enough his head suffered the same as all of the others, one bullet straight through.

My attention is called back when the demon on my side shoots something through my window. It shatters allowing the arrow this to plant into the dash board. Thankfully he missed. I hear a loud and wonderful rumble as the orange car pulls up behind the demon. This shot doesn’t hit his head but his fuel tank causing another explosion. I shield my eyes from the fire but feel the heat on my face.

“Nick! What the hell is going on?” Dimitri calls and I look down to the screen to no longer see Nicks face but the words ‘system override’

“Looks like you could use some help” a girls voice rings out from the system filled with static. Quickly I turn to look out my window into the orange car that has also lost a window. I see a lot of blonde hair flying about and a girl, but she is wearing sunglasses, probably a good idea seeing as she is blowing shit up!

“Juliet!” Dimitri yells

“Good to see you again Dimi” her voice calls back “Race you boys home, you too Lola” she calls before taking off in front of us. For the next few miles each of us battled for the front position but this girl holds on to it. My heart has been racing all the way from our last encounter with the demons. I at least thought I’d get time to unpack before shit started going down.

The long roads destination finally reveals it’s self. A large shadow contorts into what appears to be a large mansion. My view is unfortunately absurd by a very large wall running the perimeter. We drive closer and I see that the wall runs for so long I can see no definite end to it. There must be a lot of land in this place. Beyond the mansion I can see trees but my attention is pulled back to what is right in front of me.

The car slows to a halt behind the orange car and I see the girl Juliet lean out and press the speaker on the wall. I perk up my ears in an attempt to put my heightened senses to work.

“did someone order a sexy pizza, special delivery” she laughs into the mic, I slight giggle escapes my lips and Dimitri is smiling and shaking his head. Juliet slides back into her car while the huge metal gates swing open. We follow her car slowly.

The long drive way twists and turns leading up to the mansion entrance. The drive way is covered in small light coloured stones, I can hear them crunch under the car.  There are trees either side of the drive but they stop just up ahead.

When we reach the opening and we are greeted by a huge court yard. The front of the house is spectacular. It is grand; the walls are grey and old. There are a lot of windows and one large mosek window with stunning colours. A mixture of reds, yellows, blues, greens and a few clear tiles. Below the window is a large, grand double door at the top of a few large stone steps. The orange car pulls up directly adjacent to the steps while our three cars line up a few meters away. I glance up to the big doors only to notice that they are open and three people are standing in front of them.

Dimitri and I get out of our car. When everyone had got out of their cars we all gathered round the orange one. I glanced up to the steps and notice that the man Ste was standing there with two other people I don’t know.  I look back to the car when I hear the door click. I stand fix on the door standing between Dimitri and Nick. The door of the orange car that I now see to be a McLaren mp4 swings upwards instead of out. It’s a beautiful car. When the door is fully up the girl swings her legs out.

Her black boots go up to her knee. The rest of her slides out of the car. Her blonde hair falls just below her shoulders in tight waves. She is tall and wearing skin tight black pants that are cut off by her boots. On top I see she is wearing a tight purple tank top under a leather jacket. From what I can see she has an amazing body, tall, slim but curvy.  I see that now she has taken off the sunglasses and revealed her face.

She is unusual looking, not typically pretty but there is something striking about her. I notice in her right hand there is something that looks like a square tin lunch box, but slightly larger and all black. I feel some movement either side of me. I expect to see Dimitri hugging Juliet but instead I find Dimitri one step forward and Juliet in the arms of Nick. He is pressing her head against his chest, his hand on her golden hair. Her arms are wrapped around him still holding the tin box. I can hear Nick say;

“don’t ever do that to me again” to me it sounds like a whisper so I’m guessing the others didn’t hear it. When they pull apart I hear Juliet say;

“wow Nicky you make it sound like you care about me” that was loud enough for us all to hear. She giggles and Nick puts his hand on his head looking frustrated.

“Juliet, what the hell happened?”  he asks

“She can explain that later” a woman’s voice calls from the top of the stairs. “we have our new recruits to introduce” I turn to see the woman but she is already turning and heading back inside the doors. I hear Nick sigh and stand back allowing Juliet to look over to where we stand. In a flash she and Dimitri are now caught up in a hug.

“good to see you Dimi” Juliet says softly to him.

“Good to see you, alive and still you” he replies while they pull away.

“You didn’t doubt me too did you?” she pretends to pout, Dimitri laughs.

"Not at all I was just concerned as always” Juliet just nods and gives a sarcastic ‘uh huh’ then her gaze falls to me.

“you must be Clara” just as she says that she closes the distance between us in the blink of an eye. I guess it’s not just Dimitri who can do that. Juliet stands directly in front of me her big green eyes wide with what seems to be excitement. I gingerly hold out my hand and say;

“it’s nice to meet you” strangely my voice is quitter than I intend. Juliet laughs and she pulls me into a hug just like the other two.

“haha, there is no way you are getting away with a hand shake!” she giggles, her arms snake around me and I smell something sweet off her. It’s like vanilla mixed with the lightest scent of strawberries, not too heavy to be sickening but just faint enough that its perfect. I let my arms embrace her back, something about her made her strangely welcoming seeing as she had just taken out a troupe of demons.  I can hear muttering from behind me but before I can turn to look Juliet has both my hands in hers.

“come inside, you need to meet everyone” she beams at me and I mirror her face.

She takes off still holding my hand toeing me towards where Dimitri and Nick stands. They follow us as well. We make our way up the large steps to the large door which rests ajar. Juliet drops my hand and flings hers up into the air. The two grand doors swing inwards and allow us entrance. Its dark, from here I can’t make out a lot.

“show time” Juliet’s voice sings as she sets off into the darkness.

“huh” I mutter but with no answer Dimitri’s hand touches my waist and guides me to the door. When I walk threw it I find myself the centre of a ring of unfamiliar faces. Stopping a few steps away from the door I look round in time to see Mark, Rob, Cas and Dimitri flank me on either side. Juliet stands in front with her back to us. Lola and Nick walk around us to join the circle.

“Welcome” I hear a woman’s voice ring out; her voice has the hint of a Russian accent to it. I scan the faces for the origins of the voice but I can’t tell where it had come from. It’s still a little dark. Suddenly the lights flick on. Two by two in rows they come on getting further and further back revealing the true size of the room. I see either side of my there are stairs leading up to other levels. In front of me is a grand room with many doors scattered along the walls.

A series of book shelves and paintings decorate the walls with a number of pedestals holding up grand and rather old pieces of art. In the middle of the left wall I see a large fire place surrounded by two corner sofas and a few arm chairs. Above it is the biggest TV I have ever seen. Sitting on the edge of the sofas are a few people, the rest were standing in front in the centre of the room.

My attention is caught by the woman standing not five feet away from me whom had not been there before.

“Welcome my child to the Bellatores gildam” she has a smile on her face. She is wearing a white peasant blouse under a black corset that pulls in her waist. Her black tight trousers are cut off by a pair of heeled boots. Her face is exquisite; she is stunning, high cheek bones, full lips, beautiful brown eyes. Her hair is pulled back into a complicated looking bun but is still shiny.  Her face is exquisite; she is stunning, high cheek bones, full lips, beautiful brown eyes with thick yet elegant cat eyeliner. Her hair is pulled back into an introget looking bun but is still shiney.

“I am Cecilia, I am the head here, and we shall see to it that your mission is completed” she says.

“thank you, I am told that you know about the phrofacy about me?” I ask not quite sure what to say.

“Yes, that along with many things is there for us to discuss…”

“But we can save that for tomorrow, I think we should let Clara and her friends meet everyone and see everything first” Juliet interrupts her.

“very well” Cecilia says looking at me; she turns to face Juliet who is sitting on the edge of the sofa between nick and another member. “and we shall discuss your mission later as well but for now were you successful?” she asks

“aren’t I always?” Juliet laughs holding up the tin box. Juliet hands the box to Cecilia.

“Very good Fox, I had the utmost confidence in you” she smiles. “we will dicuss everything you found later, but for now take care of our new arrivals” Cecilia commands, flashing us a smile she continues. “we shall speak again when you are better acquainted with everything, and please make the bellatores gildam your new home” she smiles to me then up to Dimitri. Then as swiftly as she had appeared she was gone.

I hear the faint sound of a door shut somewhere. I see the members who were sitting on the sofa or standing in the room scatter to different doors and begin to disappear.

“so should we get started” Dimitri says.

“hell yea this place looks awesome” Cas happily jumps on the spot.

“sweet, well everyone has gone off to their areas so you can see what they do and you know where to find them, besides this way we get people and place all in one” Juliet jumps off the sofa. I hear footsteps behind me. I don’t bother looking around but watch as Juliet turns back to look at the house with her hands on her hips.

“where to start?” she asks herself.

There is a sniffling sound then a long sigh coming from the place where the footsteps had stopped. I remember back to when I looked around. I’m just now realising Nadia wasn’t there.

“Nadia what are you…” Marks voice cries out but is cut off as the sound of a crossbow being fired rings out. I don’t even have time to turn before I hear Cas scream and Juliet gasp.

Everything happens in a flash and by time I come back to reality Juliet is holding an arrow and leaning to the left.

“it was you!” Nadia’s once so sweet voice snarls at Juliet. What was her? We only just met her.

“I see I have made a friend” Juliet says keeping her cool considering what just happened.

“I am not your friend, you killed them, you killed all of them, I remember you standing there, covered in their, their blood” her voice now falling into a sob. Juliet turns to face Nadia not looking angry like a person who had just been shot at should, but soft and sympathetic.

“ah, I had a feeling this day would come. Nadia I know you must be angry at me for that day”

“I want you dead!” Nadia belts back at her.

“I understand that but there is something you must know about that day” Juliet says calmly its weird I can’t seem to place an accent with her voice, when she speaks its elegant and posh like she is British, then other times its quick and casual like she was American then other times I don’t even know.

“I understand that you slaughtered my team, then you wiped out half a town”

“it wasn’t like that, please just hear me out, let me try and make things better” Juliet pleads

“I don’t see how you can but go ahead, say what you want! I’m still going to end you” Nadia snarls, I see Mark take her into his arms but she shrugs him off. Juliet sighs:

“really you would attempt to kill me in a mansion filled with some of the most skilled and powerful killers in the world, wow that makes sense.” I see Dimitri shake his head at her but she continues, “look what happened that day was a tragedy but you have to understand I did what I had to do and probably saved more people than I killed. Your team was after the same demon I was, and I am assuming you know what skin crawlers are?” Nadia nods weirdly

“well your team was infected, they were in a lot of pain and were causing trouble for me so I did the most humane thing for them, beside the silver knights aren’t the biggest help to us”

“then why didn’t you kill me” Nadia’s voice is barely above a whisper “you stared right into my eyes covered in their blood and you just walked away” I look round at Nadia’s face to see the tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Cause I felt you were different, like you had more to give, and look now you do” Juliet says

“Then what about the town you destroyed huh? Let me guess they were all infected two?” she snaps.

“no, unfortunately that was an accident, an accident that should never have happened and I still regret to this day” Juliet’s voice falls very serious and she looks at her feet.

“so that’s it then? We are supposed to trust a demon that can’t hold her own shit! Who freaks out and slaughters an entire town then leaving as though nothing happens” she is shouting now, I look at Juliet who has a blank expression on her face.

“I...I...” she mutters.

“And now she has nothing to say how convenient she…”

“Enough!” Dimitri says sternly “Nadia go outside and cool down, obviously this is hard on you but you need to come to terms with things” he orders

“fine” Nadia huffs and blazes a trail out the door, Mark hot on her trail. The doors slam shut behind them. I turn back to see Juliet still standing in the middle of the floor. Nick has darted up behind her and is resting his hand on her shoulders. I hear her whisper;

“I’m okay” then she shakes herself and the smile we had previously seen reclaims its place on her face.

“well then shall we get started” she asks, I nod feeling a little stunned after what just happened.

“great well then let’s start with who is still here shall we?” she reached out her hand I took it softly. She leads me over to the sofa.

In front of me stands a large man, he looked like he hit seven feet tall and his skin is dark. He is bald with a clean shaven face. His muscles are huge. He looks angry and mean. I’m a little nervous as I extend my hand shakily. He bends down so his face is a few inches away from my face. His brow is dipped looking unimpressed and angry. I swallow hard and feel the nerves build up.

“Haha! Nice to meet you Clara!” his voice chuckles at me which comes as such a surprise, he sounds Jamaican. The structure of his face has completely morphed into a happier sight. His eyes wide and his lips full and curved into a smile. I let out a sigh of relief and smile back at him.

“You weren’t scared of me were you?” he chuckles again.

“Em, not so much scared just a bit, well nervous” I admit slightly embarrassed. His chuckle bellows out again at me.

“It is very good to meet cha” he holds out a large hand, it could cover my entire face. I took it with my significantly smaller hand and we shake.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr…” looking up at him inquisitively until he realises that he hasn’t told me his name.

“Sipho, Sipho Wanlis at your service” he smiles

“Sipho here is our muscle man, he does all the heavy lifting, his specality is large heavy melee weapons or on occasion the mini gun” Juliet enters.

“Aw sweet man!” Rob spouts from the back. Sipho looks back to where they stand, he look directly at Dimitri.

“ah Dimitri, how ya doen man” he asks loudly while he reaches for a handshake.

“I’m very well Sip, glad to be back” Dimitri replies. Sipho looks at me and says;

“so Clara, who’s your friends?” I step forward.

“Well this is Cassandra she’s amazing with facts and numbers but she also kicks ass with a bow and arrow” I stand in-between Cas and rob. “and this is Rob, Rob is, well Rob is a really great guy” I say jokingly not know what to say about Rob that would contribute to this discussion. Everyone laughs a little even Rob who then proceeds to say;

“Well I may not be good with a bow and arrow like Cas or particularly smart, but I play a lot of video games, so I can strategies pretty well, beside I’m pretty good with chemistry and I can make one mean bomb out of barely anything, oh and I’m fast” I see Sipho and Juliet exchange glances.

“wow Rob I never knew you were so…” I search for the word but Cas finishes for me;

“Accomplished” she looks impressed at her man.

“haha sounds like they could use him up in the lab, maybe ya should take him there first” Sipho suggests.

“sounds like a plan, hey do me a favour, can you take the car around to get Robyn to get it fixed and suited up?” she asks him

“Speaking of which where did you get that car?”

“I found it” Juliet puts her hands behind her back and sways up on to her toes innocently.

“Alright I’ll believe ya, but what about the tall guy and the girl that doesn’t seem too fawned of fox?”

“oh that’s Mark and his fiancé Nadia” I say

“Their hunters and are to be watched carefully under order of Cecilia, but I assume they are harmless” Juliet says

“haha, Nadia just shot an arrow at ya and ya still defend the girl, I swear ya got a heart of gold” he laughs at Juliet who just curtsies playfully.

“well she was upset, I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt” Juliet shrugs and tosses Sipho the keys to the McLaren. Sipho catches them and nods to us. Giving Dimitri a high five as he passes he walks up and out through the doors.

We all stand around watching Juliet for her next move or introduction. There are two people standing side by side to her left. And they are the only two people left in the room.

“Vivi, Yoni come meet our new team members” she calls softly to the two figures. I see that the boy and girl have a tight grip on each other as their arms interlock. I hear Cas gasp as they move closer and give us a better glimpse of their faces

Both of them don’t look any more than twelve years old. They are kids. They reach the point where Juliet stand and she kneels down in front of them. Placing one hand on the boys shoulder and one on the girls, she gives them a warming smile. Juliet places her head between theirs and I can hear her faintly whisper something to them.

They seem instantly relaxed at her words. When she retreats from them and returns to standing the boy moves swiftly over to her right side while the girl stands in place.

“Alright, this is Vivi, she’s a little shy but she is sweet” Juliet places her hand on Vivi's shoulder. Vivi’s skin is as white a snow, flawless and shining. Her hair is a light violet colour falling to her mid waist in two pigtails. Her eyes are big; they are a greeny grey colour.

“please to meet you” her voice is hushed, sounding almost scared.

“hello sweetie, it nice to meet you too” I kneel down and hold out my hand to shake hers but she almost recoils at the move. The boy Yoni tenses.

“I told you she was a little shy, Vivi and her brother Yoni and still kinda new, you have to earn their trust” Juliet informs.

“this is Yoni, not so much shy as protective” the boy looks as though he is gritting his teeth but he bows and says.

“It will be an honour to serve you mam” as though he was forced to say it.

“you don’t serve me nor will you ever sweetie, if anything I’m here to help you” I say still down on my knee. Yoni does not reply.

“they have very special powers, Vivi can mess with your head, she can distort what you see, hear, smell, taste or feel, Yoni on the other hand can control what you do, he can control your brain, for a few seconds at least” Juliet tells.

“A few seconds is enough to kill a man” Yoni mutters under his voice.

“alright, that’s enough, run along you too I have an entire team to introduce” Vivi instantly hooks onto her bothers arm before they both scurry off towards the door to the left.

“god they are so cute, they can’t be more than like eleven” Cas mutters from behind me.

“Actually they only got frozen at twelve, they are far older than they look” Dimitri says.

“alright let’s head down to the lab first shall we?” Juliet waves her hand towards the foyer.

“hell yea” Rob says. He and Cas have their hands interlocked and they walk behind Juliet to the door she is already heading towards. Dimitri and I hang back for a second.

 “how you holding up so far” Dimitri asks when the others reach the door.

“So far so good, but what the hell was that with Nadia?”

“I guess she must have been the girl Juliet told me about”

“so Juliet killed her team?” I ask

“Well she killed their bodies; they had already been consumed by skincrawlers”

“which are?” I ask planting my hand on my hip.

“em, well simply put, when a demon reaches a certain level they attain certain privileges and one of them is skin crawlers. Do you know the way in movies the bad guy has Hench men?”

“yea what about them?”

“well skin crawlers are like these worms, they get into your system anyway they can then take over. Each demon has their own personal flock of them and the people they possess become that demons personal army”

“that’s horrible” ugh the thought of what Dimitri is telling me is honestly makingme feel ill, I don’t know why but worms have always creeped me out.

“you have no idea” even Dimitri looks disgusted.

“is there any way to get rid of them?”

“not that we know of”

“Shit, but why did Nadia survive?”

“from what Juliet said she wasn’t with her team when they got infected, and from what I gather Juliet saved her life”

“Really, I wonder why Nadia tried to kill her then”

“Nadia is a hunter and Juliet is half a demon, hunters will find anyway to incriminate us, Nadia probably convinced herself or might have been convinced by the Silver knights that it was Juliet who did all of it ” Dimitri explains.

“well that sucks, what did Nadia mean when she said Juliet wiped out half a town?” I ask remembering more of earlier events. “What’s her story?”

“that’s for Juliet to tell you, she’s lived quite an extraordinary life, maybe she’ll tell you some time but for now let’s go meet the lab guys” Dimitri’s hand goes to the small of my back and he holds me close as we head for the door.

***

Well my demon-atics here you go some demons get their asses kicked and Nadia freaks out. So tell me in the comments?

Do you like Juliet? Do you think her and Nadia will work things out?

What kind of characters do you think you are going to meet in the next chapter?

How will the future training go?

What’s in the box that Juliet brought back and why did her communications go down?

Please comment, vote and fan if you love me because I love you guys and the support you give me, all my readers deserves a pat on the backs and all my fanners and commenters and voters you get a big old cyber hug!!! I would love it if I could get 15 votes for the chapter and a couple of comments letting me know what you think? Also do you like the long chapters? i might cut them down but i like putting alot into a chapter but let me know? 

All my love … A.J xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 2.6K 29
"Stay still." He took his sharp talon and moved aside a piece of her blonde- practically white- hair, still damp from the bath, and tossed it over he...
1.4M 40.9K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
270K 12.6K 52
"What's a kiss?" He asked in my right ear, sending a shiver up my spine. "What's a kiss?" He was suddenly on my left. "What's a kiss." I heard from a...
255K 8.1K 19
''You don't know me?'' he asked me with the same soft voice. ''How could I?'' I yelled, struggling even harder. ''Let m-me go!'' My voice started to...