Adoration | B. Barnes

By Marvelmania247

in which a damaged soul finds refuge in a lost soldier More

⇨ ACT ONE
⇨ MIDSHIFT
⇨ START OF IT ALL
⇨ IS THIS REAL?
⇨ SAFE HOUSE
⇨ TIPSY
⇨ HANGOVER
⇨ A HUG?
⇨ BREACH
⇨ WELL SHIT
⇨ REUNION
⇨ T-SHIRT
⇨ ROAD TRIP
⇨ CONFESSION
⇨ SO FUCKING CUTE
⇨ IT'S GONNA BE OKAY
⇨ CONTENT
⇨ THE TRUTH
⇨ GONE
⇨ IT'S HER
⇨ MEMORIES
⇨ THE MOMENT
⇨ TOGETHER AGAIN
⇨ YOU'RE MY FOOL
⇨ THE END PART 1

⇨ SITUATED

9.5K 239 113
By Marvelmania247

I sat quietly in my quaint little room the remainder of the day trying to wrap my head around and digest the situation at hand. How in the hell did some scrub like me end up face to face with the Avengers, aka America's Top Models?

"Is little miss independent still alive and kicking?" Clint inquired abruptly tearing the veil of silence in two, causing my eyes to narrow towards the door and my body to flinch at the minor action.

"Not even as much as a knock? What if were stark ass naked? What if-" I mouthed off in a sarcastic tone clutching my shakily falling and rising chest.

"Ok, ok, don't go getting your panties in a knot." Clint interrupted palming his forehead, clearly annoyed. "Anyways, back on topic, is your shot up ass recovered enough to get out of bed?" He added gesturing towards me.

"I believe so-" I started.

"Are you sure?" Cling abruptly interrupted as I viscously rolled my eyes at his question.

"I know you're an assassin and all but I'm a doctor, and a pretty bomb ass one. So yes, I'm sure." I curtly replied with a flat expression crossing my arms against my chest.

"Well alright, doc, put these on and meet me outside." He chuckled laying a pair of clothes onto my bed. Damn, she reminds me of Tony. I swear, I just can't escape him.

Before getting dressed I took a quick rinse and applied fresh bandages to my healing wounds. The clothes resembled none other than a classic shield uniform. The uniform was nearly skin tight which felt semi uncomfortable on my bandaged torso, nevertheless, I decided to just go with it; I'd prefer not to be seen in some raggedy hospital gown ever again. Glancing into the mirror I ran my hand down the slick material, admiring how well the dark grey suit hugged my curvy body, looks like the gym surely paid off.

"You ready? We-" Clint started but stopped mid-sentence at the sight of me exiting the room.

"Didn't know shield had their staff dressing like hookers." I sarcastically laughed zipping up the last boot, feeling his gaze locked onto my hustling figure.

"I mean- uhm- Whatever, just follow me." Clint stuttered as both he and I walked down the familiar halls. I felt somewhat badass in this attire, unfortunately the once confident feeling was soon replaced with embarrassment; due to the boots making an annoying clicking sound with every step, which conveniently echoed through the long halls. At least the sound filled the noticeable void of conversation. In addition to feeling like the elephant in the room, my emotions now went haywire as the embarrassment soon turned into uneasiness as the many guards on staff cooed at my appearance. "You alright?" Clint asked as I merely stared at the floor replying with a weak nod.

"Mhm." I solemnly mumbled trying to ignore the bothersome oafs.

"Well, shit." Natasha exclaimed under her breath as I walked in, roughly nudging Steve's shoulder as his eyes flickered towards the entrance.

"Fair maiden, you're looking well!" Thor boomed as I turned an unmistakable hue of red, sending a hot, prickling sensation down my spine.

"Holy hell, you're damn right she is." Tony whispered under his breath as his eyes double took my appearance.

"Well, I'm better now, so start talking." I bluntly stated completely disregarding their coos, tilting my chin up towards Steve in the attempt of trying to get everyone's eyes off of me.

"Alrighty then." Tony let out a breathy laugh at my resiliency.

"Right, well come take a seat." Steve replied motioning for me to join him at an enormous, oval glass table residing in the center of the room. Everything fell silent as I eagerly padded towards Steve, the shameful feeling of everyone's eyes on me rendering my cheeks hot to the touch. "I understand you had quite an eventful day nearly two weeks ago." Steve reminded as I winced confused at the timeline, my brows knit in confusion as I slid my seat closer towards the table.

"You mean two days ago, right?" I replied caught off guard casting a please tell me I'm right and your wrong stare.

"I'm afraid not, you lost a lot of blood and remained asleep most of the time." Steve explained as I sat confused trying to remember any helpful details. So they just watched me sleep...?

"Uhm, ok. Then yes, I did. All of our ORS were chucked full of brutally injured men. The nurse assisting me, Claire, explained the Devil of Hell's Kitchen was responsible." I replied trying to mentally piece together fragments of memories.

"Well he was, but so was someone else. The man you witnessed getting killed was an important asset to a powerful organization, and since you saw the murderer makes you a target. No one was supposed to know, let alone who committed the crime." Steve explained as overwhelming worry bubbled inside my chest, the once worry picking my every thought now switching to a gut wrenching fear for my life.

"Someone was bound to know, what makes me so special? It's not like they kept it clean, the man blew his brains out for Christ's sake!" I answered hastily rising to my feet which sent my chair skidding behind me, resting my clinched fists atop the glass surface looking for a more in depth explanation.

"They have people to make it look like whatever they want, but you saw the murderer. So you know who's responsible, which could potentially ruin him." Tony added trying to bring clarity to Steve's previous statement, his calm, collected tone trying to put out the raging fire burning underneath my skin.

"What powerful organization is out for my head?" I questioned falling back into my seat tilting my head towards both Steve and Tony, wondering if they were all bark no bite.

"An organization by the name of HYDRA..." Steve answered earning a jaw drop from me, this was becoming far too real for my liking.

"They don't take these sort of things things lightly." Natasha stated knowing full well what the organization was capable of.

"So I've heard..." I sighed trying to comprehend all of this new and confusing, alerting information; not to mention the fact that someone was out for my blood. "What does this mean for me? What if they, I mean what could I do if they find me? Or worse-" I worriedly gulped anxiously tapping my foot against the concrete flooring as a coping mechanism.

"No need to worry, I- I mean we won't let any harm come to you." Bucky reassured with absolute confidence lacing his words, joining the team at the table while his gentle voice lingered pleasantly in my ears.

"And about your situation, I hope you don't mind bunking with the Avengers." Tony nonchalantly added as my heart shot into my throat, far too enthralled with my minds surging thoughts to take notice of my mouth forming an o; the entire team pursing their lips shut trying to choke back laughter tickling their throats.

"I mean I guess dying is far worse than having to put up with you guys." I sarcastically laughed trying to play it cool and not reveal that I was internally shrieking.

"Ha, ha. You're a sarcastic little shit aren't you?" Tony smirked as the team exchanged laughs to one another. Wow, I just made the Avengers laugh. Life? Complete.

"The best." I smugly replied shrugging my shoulders.

"Fury needs you guys upstairs in 5." An agent informed cautiously cracking open the glass door and peeking his head through the opening, all while I sat idle in a state of bewilderment

Fury? Sounds scary, oh god this poor mans gonna have to see me in this hooker get up. I wonder what he's like? Does he-

"Hey, little shit. That means we have to head up now. Don't wanna be late as a first impression." Tony smirked snapping me out of my gaze eager to see how this encounter would pan out. I, along with the team, entered the steel elevator and silently stood shoulder to shoulder; my awkward tendencies nearly getting the better of me as if they were first instincts. Talk about getting acquainted.

Seriously? SHIELD couldn't afford to install a slightly larger elevator? Who in their right mind thought that fucking tree trunk arms and brick wall over here could fit in this constricting box? These thoughts might as well been said by the expression etched across my face.

"Sir." Steve politely stated entering the large briefing room as I followed trying to hide myself behind Bucky's large structure, not even fully realizing who exactly I was hiding behind.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine." Bucky whispered as I staggered trying to fix my composure, visibly  shocked when I recognized his face.

"You're not the one in spandex." I awkwardly mumbled nervously chewing my bottom lip as a force of habit, earning an amused yet sympathetic smirk from Bucky.

"Pssht, as if the world should be so lucky." Bucky wisecracked in the attempt to lighten the heavy mood, which seemed to work as we found ourselves muzzling back bubbling laughter venturing up our throats.

"Care to share with the class?" Nick interrupted as we immediately stiffened our composure with the reddest of cheeks, resembling none other than a pair deer caught in the headlights on the highway.

"Shit, shit, shit..." I mumbled under my breath mindlessly clenching my fists tightly behind my back.

"Anyways, so this is little miss independent?" Fury inquired as my eyes unconsciously stared at the lack of two eyes on the mysterious man.

"Little shit." Tony corrected as I inconspicuously flicked him off, earning a small thumbs of from Bucky.

"The names Kate. Kate Wilder." I added as he gestured for me to come closer, once again those annoying boots clicked with every step, and the suit just added to the nerve wracking embarrassment.

"You with us, Buck?" Steve laughed tapping his shoulder, noticing his attentive eyes were locked onto me.

"Shut up." Bucky dismissed rolling his eyes at Steve's suggestive smirk.

Nick surprisingly wasn't that bad, I actually enjoyed his sense of humor, not what I expected in the least. He went over the entire housing situation and explained every intricate detail concerning the way my new life was going to go from now on. This barely seemed real, in what sane world could any girl imagine Earth's Mightiest Hero's being their baby sitter.

"So, I'm basically under house arrest." I sighed slightly disappointed that I had to go completely off the grid, simply trash my life's hard work, and limit my outside contact to a bare minimum.

"You're basically living out every hormonal teenagers girls dreams, so you should be pretty damn grateful." Fury reminded trying to make his offer a bit more appeasing.

"Can't you tell? I'm practically over the moon." I sarcastically exclaimed with a forced smile plastered across my face, my peripheral vision catching Tony and Steve smirking amused by my response.

"You really are a little shit, aren't you?" He concluded as his dry laugh echoed throughout the briefing room.

"That's me." I shrugged with a cocky grin.

Thanks for surviving a somewhat dull read, I promise it'll get better! Hang in there! If you liked it feel free to give it a like or comment!

Xx -Maddy❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 127 14
𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 π‘π„π€π‹πˆπ’π„π’ πŒπˆπƒπ†π€π‘πƒ 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 πŽππ‚π„ πŒπŽπ‘π„ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄 πƒπˆπƒ ππŽπ“ π‘π„π€π‹πˆπ’π„ 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄...
13.7K 255 40
- πš‚πš‘πšŽ'𝚜 πš—πšŽπšŸπšŽπš› πš‘πšŠπš πšŠπš—πš’ πšπš›πš’πšŽπš—πšπšœ πš‹πšŽπšœπš’πšπšŽπšœ πš‘πšŽπš› πš˜πš πš— πšπšŽπšŠπš–. πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’ πš πšŽπš›πšŽ πš‘πšŽπš› πšπšŠπš–πš’πš•πš’ πšŠπš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ 𝚘...
3.5M 108K 40
Mr. Parker will see you now.
1M 45.3K 38
b u t h e s m i l e s w h e n h e k i l l s