Fools (Loki)

By Zodiac_Cat

Dylan Banner is the nineteen year old daughter of Bruce Banner. After moving around her whole life S.H.I.E.L... More

Author's Note
I Stalked You
Munchkin
Charming
One Night Couldn't Hurt, Right?
Puppy Dog Eyes For The Win
He Really Is Loki's Brother
You're Hurting Yourself
Say Mercy
Friends Don't Suck Face
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me Dad?
I Wanted To Be A Playwright
Tell Me The Truth
It's Time Love
Until Next Time
Oh What The Hell
Author's Note

Let Me Be Selfish

702 26 21
By Zodiac_Cat

When the night came Furry had Natasha escort me to where Loki is. We walk in silence down the hallway her heels clicking against the floor being the only sound. I sneak a few glances at her, wanting to say something to her, but not knowing what exactly to say.

Once we reach the door Natasha turns to me "Furry and I will be watching from the cameras. Do your task then leave."

Before she turns to leave I stop her "Wait."

She stops but doesn't turn to look back at me "I want to apologize. I di-"

"You didn't mean to hurt everyone. I'm not the one that is hurt here."

She turns to face me "I am here so if you do betray us I end your life. Unless Loki beats me to it."

I stare at her with wide eyes, but I can see the pain in her eyes.

"What did he do to you?" I ask her, knowing there is a personal grudge behind her demeanor. 

She stares at me, not answering my question. 

I try again "This is more than Loki being a murderer, he did something to you. I want to help fix his wrongs. Please tell me what he did so I can help."

She stares at me for a moment more "He took my partner from me. His name is Clint, and your so called friend in there thought it would be fun to screw with his head."

After she finishes speaking she starts walking down the hall, away from me.

'Loki, what did you do?'

I know once I enter the room everyone will be watching me. I need to find a way to tell Loki without the others noticing. I tap my pocket and feel my phone. It reminds me of when I introduced Midgardian music to Loki. I smile at the memory, remembering when Loki was harsh with his words towards me. But now he's gentle and kind.

My eyes widen as an idea hits me. 

'I know how I can tell Loki.'

I don't waste another second as I phase through the door. Once I enter, I look to the cell to see Loki in the exact same spot I left him in before. His form still facing the doorway when he saw me off.

I notice his eyes light up once he sees me, and I smile at him. I rush to the entrance of the cell, not waiting before I phase through the wall. I tackle Loki into a hug, wanting to return to his arms once my dad called me out of the room.

Loki chuckles "This is sudden." 

I look up at him, his arms wrapping around my waist as he hugs me back "I just missed you." I say quietly.

"I missed you too darling." he says playing with a strand of my hair.

I smile as I start to let go of him, one of his arms still around my waist as I keep an arm on his shoulder.

"Loki?" I call out.

"Hmm?" he replies, still focused on a strand of my hair.

"Can you tell me about Asgard?" I ask him curiously.

He stops playing with my hair as his attention goes back to my eyes "What do you want to know?"

I wait a moment as I pretend to think of something to ask about. Loki doesn't seem to notice as he waits patiently for my question.

"You lived in the palace, so were there ever any parties?" I ask him with wide eyes.

Loki chuckles before nodding "Yes, there were many parties. Everyone in Asgard would attend, as well as others who would travel across the nine realms to enjoy the food, music, and dancing."

"Did you ever dance at the parties?" I ask him, wanting to lead the conversation to somewhere my plan could take affect.

He sighs "Sometimes. I was always awkward when girls would ask me to dance. I was never one for dancing." he admits.

I smile up at him as I leave his grasp. I pull out my phone, shuffling through it before I begin to play a song. I turn the volume all the way up and make my way back towards Loki. He has a smirk on as he realizes what I am doing.

"Your majesty." I bow to him.

He looks at me with amusement shinning in his eyes.

I stand straight up as I look at him "May I have this dance?" I ask him.

Loki lets out an amused chuckle before he takes my hand in his, placing a gentle kiss to it.

"Of course my darling."

After those words are spoken Loki pulls me close to his chest. He sets one hand on my waist, and the other holds my hand. I place my hand on his shoulder as I follow his lead. 

Loki smiles down at me "Where did you learn to dance?" he asks as he spins me.

I grin "When I was little my father would have me stand on his feet as he walked me through the steps. I found it boring at first, but after I got the hang of it, I started to have fun."

He smiles at my little story as we continue to dance. 

  And so it all boils down to this

We've got our aim but we might miss

We are too fragile just to guess

And I've been in this place before

Fine as we are but we want more

That's human nature at its best  

I listen intently to the lyrics as I look up into Loki's eyes. Our bodies moving in rhythm with the music. I find the right moment to lay my head on his shoulder. Loki doesn't think anything of it as we continue to dance. I adjust my head so my mouth is near his ear. 

  What if we ruin it all, and we love like fools?

And all we have we lose?

And I don't want you to go but I want you so

So tell me what we choose  

"Loki I need to tell you something." I whisper.

"What is it darling?" he asks me softly.

I look up at one of the cameras in the room, knowing they are watching my every move. The music should be loud enough so they can't hear what we are saying to each other. I just need to tell him everything before this song ends.

"Don't freak out, and act natural." I tell him quietly.

I feel his grip on me tighten for a second as we continue our dance.

"Explain." Loki orders, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Furry found out that I have been visiting you, and he is trying to use me to get close to you. He wants to know your plan. I told him I would, but I only said that so I could come back and see you so I can warn you." I whisper quickly.

I feel Loki tense for a moment before he speaks "How did he find out?"

I sigh "They save all their footage, they must of found one of our previous nights together in the footage. They wouldn't allow me to see you again unless I said I would help them."

He dips me quickly before pulling me back up and lifting me up by my waist, twirling me before setting me back on my feet as we continue to dance.

  Friends, I watched us as we changed

The feelings in my headspace rearranged

I want you more than I've wanted anyone

Isn't that dangerous?  

"Are they watching us now?" Loki asks me.

"Yes. That's why I turned on music, so they can't hear us talking to each other." I admit.

I see Loki smirk down at me "Clever girl." 

"Thank you for sharing this information with me, but I don't intend on giving away any information." he tells me.

I shrug "I wasn't expecting you to."

"I will admit, it was clever of them to try and use you against me." he admits to me.

I raise an eyebrow up at him "Are you saying I could get the information out of you." I tease.

He shrugs "Depending on what information you are seeking." he whispers with a smirk gracing his pink lips.

"Then answer my questions." I say, thinking now is the best time for me to have some of my questions answered.

"Ask away. I may or may not answer them." he admits, spinning me out then bringing me back to his chest.

I nod "Your plan, can you promise me nobody else will get harmed?"

He lets out a sigh "I'm afraid I can not."

I bite the inside of my cheek "Does this need to happen? Why can't we just stay like this, without involving innocent lives."

Loki has a sad look in his eyes as he replies "I want nothing more than to stay like this with you, but I need to finish this task. I don't wish to involve innocent lives, but there is no other way. If I fail I will...."

"Will?" I ask.

He shakes his head as we continue to dance. I drop that question, knowing he will not answer it. At least not right now.

I then ask the question that has been eating away at me since i first met him "Did you willingly kill those people?" 

Loki's face darkens as he shakes his head. I feel relief flood my system at his response. I openly smile at him, my heart fluttering in my chest.

He brings the hand on my waist up to my face and cups my cheek "Don't smile darling. I still murdered those people. I am to blame." 

  The anticipation before the kiss

Mirrored in my shaking lips

Oh God I feel so unprepared

The two of us so out of place

My feelings written on my face

Got what I want but now I'm scared  

I don't let my smile disappear "Even so, you didn't want to hurt those people. You had no choice." I say to him.

I see a smirk grace his features "You truly don't see the evil in me." he states as he moves his hand from my face and back to my waist then dipping me once more.

I giggle as he brings me to his chest, then spinning me once more. Loki leads me around the space, our eyes locked on each other. It feels like that moment from Beauty and the Beast, where Bell and Beast are dancing around the ballroom, forgetting about all of their worries as they enjoy each others company.

"Loki, thank you." I say to him.

He raises an eyebrow "For what my darling?"

My heart flutters in my chest at his smile, his eyes looking into mine, with or hands interlocked.

"For everything." I say.

"I should be the one thanking you." he admits to me.

It's my turn to raise an eyebrow "I have done nothing." I say tilting my head downwards a bit.

I feel him lift my head back up as we stop our movements.

"On the contrary, you have done everything. You asked me why I didn't kill you the moment you entered this cage. I didn't have an answer at the time. But now, I can answer your question with full honesty." he says to me.

I feel his arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me even closer to him, our chests pressed against each other. My heart pounds in my chest as I look up at him. I place my hands on his chest. I can feel his heart pounding in perfect rhythm with my own.

  What if we ruin it all, and we love like fools?

And all we have we lose?

And I don't want you to go but I want you so

So tell me what

Tell me what we choose

What we choose

What we choose  

Loki scans my face for any sign of discomfort before he continues "The moment I saw you, I thought you were a Goddess among mortals from your appearance alone."

I feel my cheeks heat up at his words.

He continues "No matter how many times I attempt to scare you away, you always come back to me. You would and still do not leave my side."

"You were lonely, I know that feeling. It hurts, and I don't want you to feel alone." I admit to him.

"Precisely. When you are in my company, I no longer feel alone. Even from the first moment I met you. You were somehow able to to chase that loneliness away from my being. No other being has been able to do that, except for you."

I look up at him with wide eyes, trying to process everything he is saying to me.

He continues "You refuse to admit I am a monster, but that very monster in me is what scares everyone away. Yet you show no fear, even when that beast takes control of me and bares his fangs towards you."

I instantly know he is referring to his blue half with bright red eyes.

He rests his forehead against mine "For that I thank you, for not abandoning me the moment you saw that beast. For offering your friendship. For sharing your strange culture. For having faith in me."

I raise my hand to feel Loki's face "Are you feeling alright? You don't have a fever." 

He chuckles at my poor attempt at humor, and grabs a hold of the hand I placed on his cheek. He moves my hand so my palm is facing outwards and I watch him place a kiss into the palm of my hand. He curls my fingers over my palm and rests it back against his chest, making sure it is over his heart.

He looks back into my eyes, noticing my red cheeks and smirking at the sight "I have never felt better."

I smile at him, his eyes shinning brighter than I have ever seen them before.

His smile grows "Dylan Banner. You are an exquisite woman, and I count myself lucky to of met someone like you. You have been selfless towards me, but I ask for one thing."

I tilt my head slightly "What is it?"

He moves his face closer to mine, our breathe mixing together as our hearts beat even faster.

"Let me be selfish." 

  What if we ruin it all, and we love like fools?

And all we have we lose?

And I don't want you to go but I want you so

So tell me what

Tell me what

Tell me what we choose  

I feel the cool sensation of Loki's lips press against mine. I let out a startled whimper, my eyes wide open at the sudden action. I soon feel Loki's lips move against mine, and I close my eyes enjoying the cool sensation. 

I begin to move my lips with his, wrapping my arms around his neck and digging my fingers into his soft hair. I feel his grip around my waist tighten as he pulls me closer to him, his lips moving faster against mine.

I let out an involuntary moan as I feel him gently bite my lower lip. He takes his chance to deepen the kiss and I give no objections as I feel him explore my mouth, immediately taking control of the situation before I can even fight for it.

Although I would love to do this all day, I am a human who is in need of air. I slowly pull away from Loki, just enough to fill my lungs with air once more. I open my eyes and see him starring down at me. His own eyes lit with a fire I have not seen until now. We both take in heavy breathes, just starring at each other.

I watch him lick his lips before a smirk graces his features but I am the first to speak.

"You should be selfish more often."

I watch his eyes shine brightly "As you wish."

He leans forward and takes my lips once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 643 36
Lily Meredith Quill. Her twin brother, Peter Jason Quill, was announced missing on the same night their mother was declared deceased. One could say...
205K 5K 38
(Loki x Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Stark, the daughter of billionaire genius Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, arrives at the Avengers Tower after spending s...
279K 9.2K 42
"(Y/n)." (Y/n)'s surroundings changed. She was in the Asgard throne room, Loki in front of her. "(Y/n) you must leave Thor, so that you may come home...
101K 3.2K 98
*COMPLETE* Alice stark fights along with the avengers during the battle of New York against Loki, Thor's younger brother. Durning the battle Alice p...