I'm Broken but I'm fine

By gooniesneversaydie1

Louis is 17, he is bullied at school for being gay and has found his own ways to deal with the torment. Harry... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Untitled Part 11
Part 12
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25

Part 13

19.4K 512 321
By gooniesneversaydie1

HARRYS POV

"Fuck" I say when I know Louis is out of earshot.

"Yeah, now you have to come good with the Noah thing H" Niall says.

"I know, shit. It was the only thing I could think of" I say back.

"Well, good news is, Louis ate the toast" Andy says.

"Yeah, let's just hope he can keep it up" Zayn says.

"We just have to support him, like we did tonight. He responds well to praise and we just need to keep it up" Andy says smiling.

"Well I guess I better go make a phone call to Noah" I say as I take out my phone.

"Yeah, H, just make sure they hang out here okay and are not galavanting off through London together" Liam says.

"Yeah, I don't want them leaving the apartment together" I say back.

I go and make the call to Noah, he is ecstatic to be able to hang out with Louis, I feel so guilty. I don't want to keep them apart from each other, but Louis safety is so important to me.

After the phone call, I head upstairs to check on Louis while the boys all watch a movie. I walk into my room but don't see him curled up in my bed. I frown at the still neatly made sheets, I walk back down the hall to his room and I peak inside. It's dark but the moonlight allows me to see Louis curled up under the blankets. I wonder why he doesn't want to sleep in my bed with me, maybe he is still upset at me. It makes me upset that he isn't in my bed, I sigh and I wonder back to my room to have a shower and get into my boxers. Maybe I should go and hop in next to Louis in his bed, but then if he doesn't want me around he might get even more upset. I decide to just give him some space and go to sleep on my own. I toss and turn for a while, missing Louis beside me.

I wake up during the night to use the bathroom and I nearly step on top of Louis who is sleeping on my floor. This isn't the first time he has done this. I sigh, I don't know whether to pick him up and put him in bed with me or leave him. I decide he would have crawled into bed with me if he had wanted too so I just decide to leave him. When I wake up the next morning to get ready for work he is already gone. I dress in my suit and tie and make my way to the kitchen to see the other boys dressed and making breakfast. Louis must still be asleep though.

"Morning lads" I say as I walk into the kitchen, I start making myself a coffee.

"Morning H" they all Corus.

"Lou not up yet?" I ask.

"Haven't seen him mate" Niall says.

I nod and we get to making breakfast. Louis walks into the kitchen 20 minutes later with my oversized jumper and sweats on. He is swimming in the jumper but his sweater paws and bed hair make all of us 'awww' at the sight, he looks so small and adorable.

"Morning baby" I say as I walk over and kiss him on the lips.

"Morning" he yawns cutely.

"What time are you leaving?" He asks unhappily.

"In about 10" I say kissing his pout away, I then walk over to finish making my coffee.

"You look hot in a suit" he tells me staring.

Niall cackles and Zayn and Liam smile, I smirk towards him as he blushes like crazy.

"I'll be sure to leave it on tonight then" I wink at him.

Louis ducks his head embarrassed and I chuckle at him. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist and kiss his neck.

"I love you" I tell him.

"I love you too" he tells me, his gorgeous smile creeping on his face.

I let him go and lead him to the stool at the breakfast bar. He sits up and his feet don't even touch the ground. I smile at that.

"Now, Noah will be here at 10. What would you like for breakfast" I ask him. Trying to remain casual.

"Andy thinks the best things for you to have would be, a scrambled egg, fruit or a piece of toast" Zayn says.

I look to Louis and he is thinking what to choose with a worried look on his face.

"Can I have an apple?" He asks.

"Well what about an apple and one piece of toast?" Zayn compromises.

"But an apple is fruit" he argues.

"Louis" Liam threatens.

Louis sighs.

"Fine I'll have two apples" he sasses.

I can't help but laugh behind my hand, I have to turn away. I shouldn't encourage him, he can be such a petulant child when he wants to be.

"Don't sass me young man" Liam says back a smirk in his voice.

Louis groans and dramatically places his forehead on the counter. We all smile at him.

"Fine two apples, all gone before we leave okay" Niall says as he cuts up two apples for Louis.

Louis lifts his head up smiling, while the other boys and I raise an eyebrow at Niall.

"What?? He's so dam adorable I can't resist giving in to him okay" he says defensively.

"You're the best Niall" Louis says and Niall beams at him as he hands Louis the apples.

True to his word Louis finishes both apples just as we are leaving.

"I'm going to miss you, call me whenever you like okay" I tell him.

He nods at me and we kiss for a while, I reluctantly let him go and we all head off to work. I'm hoping the day goes fast and I can get back to Louis soon.

Louis POV

The boys leave and the place is quiet, I'm tired but I'm feeling much better. I don't really know what to do with myself now though. I decide to have a shower and I then dress in my black skinny jeans and my usual black hoodie. Harry didn't say anything about me leaving the apartment by myself, just me and Noah together. Noah won't be here for another hour and a half, so I grab my skateboard, phone and wallet and I head downstairs. When I get outside the apartment, the air is freezing and it's overcast, typical London weather. I bring my hands inside my jumper to keep them warm and I begin skating down the road. I decide to go to the nearest grocery store, I want some more gummy worms. It's only about a 20 minute skate, I reach the store and head inside into the warmth. The store is big and quite busy, I grab a basket and I head to the first Isle. The isle is empty apart from me and a guy in a black suit, he looks familiar and we make eye contact with each other for a few seconds. He smirks at me and goes back to what he was doing, he pulls out a phone and starts texting. I am a little creeped out but shrug it off and continue to the end of the Isle in search of my gummy worms. The fourth Isle ends up being the one I want and I grab three packets of gummy worms off the shelf and place them in my basket, I notice the guy in the suit is now on the phone talking to someone and it looks like he is following me. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not but I decide to walk around aimlessly for a few minutes trying to loose the guy, it doesn't work though and he keeps up with me. He smirks at me creepily when we make eye contact. I really need to get out of here so I quickly walk to the checkout, pay for my things and head outside the store. When I get to the carpark, I freeze. There are about seven guys all in suits and I recognise them from the guys the other day, the ones that hit me and threatened Noah 'Stingers' gang. Before I can run off the guy from the store comes up behind me and grabs my arms and pulls me around the corner to the alley, the guys in suits all follow casually. When we make it round the corner, he lets me go and pushes me against the wall, I turn around and I'm trapped in the alley by eight guys. They are all smirking at me, the one who I thinks name is Paul, steps forward.

"Louis right?" He asks me dangerously.

I just stare at him,

"Hmmmm boys, Louis here thinks it's okay to ignore me" he smiles evilly.

The guy who was following me in the store, comes over to me again. He grabs my arms and holds me to his chest with such force I drop my skateboard and bag of groceries on the ground.

"I'm going to ask you again and you will answer me this time, is your name Louis?" Paul asks angrily.

"Yeah" I say steadily.

"Well, Louis. I want you to relay a message to Noah, Jaxson and your brother Harry" he says smirking.

I can see the other guys behind him smirking and chuckling as well.

"I want you to tell Noah that Jaxson has forty eight hours to get back here before I come after you. I want you to tell Harry that if he and Niall and the two cops he is now working with, don't back down on this case and let me slip under the radar. Then I will come after you" he says.

My breath hitches and I don't know what to do, I'm scared now. I should never have left the apartment. Shit.

"And just to show them and so they know we aren't fucking around" he says and he doesn't finish his sentence before he rounds on me.

Two swift ring clad knocks to my face and three to my stomach and I'm on the ground. I then loose count of the amount of rough kicks to my sides and even one to my face he gives me. Finally he stops and Paul is hunching down next to me. He grabs my hair and lifts my head up.

"For your sake, I hope we don't meet again" he whispers evilly. Then him and his gang leave me broken in the alleyway.

I can hardly breathe and the pain is so bad, so much worse than a beating at school. I know my face is covered in blood and I can feel my lip is split open. I roll on my side but a pain shoots through my body and I nearly scream as I try to regulate my breathing and calm down. I lay completely still trying to make the pain stop. I feel myself becoming sleepy and I give in to the darkness hoping it will relieve my pain.

HARRYS POV

We have been in the office for a few hours, Liam and Zayn have been called to a job and Niall and I are waiting on any news as to whether it is related to our case. We have had two more witnesses come forward and we now know it's definitely stingers gang that's behind these murders. We are busy trying to get the case and evidence together to bring him and the gang to court.

"H, you seem agitated what's up!" Niall asks me.

I didn't realise I was tapping my pen repeatedly on my desk.

"Sorry Ni, I'm not sure, I just have an uneasy feeling" I tell him truthfully.

"It's okay mate, why don't you go get a coffee or something" he tells me.

I nod my head and as I go to get up my phone rings, Noah is calling me.

"Styles" I answer.

"Hey Harry" Noah's voice echoes the speaker.

"Hey mate, how's things? You on your way over to our place?" I ask him.

"Um well I'm here already, but Louis isn't answering the door" he says a little concerned.

Panic sets through me while I try to calm down.

"Um maybe he can't hear the door?" I say, hoping Louis is just upstairs and can't hear Noah knocking.

"Well I've tried to call him and I've been knocking for 15 minutes" he says.

"Okay, under the left side pot plant is a key, use it to open the door and go in" I tell him.

A million bad thoughts are running through my head.

"Are you sure?" Noah asks hesitantly.

"Yeah, it's not like him to not answer the phone or the door" I tell him.

Noah agrees and I can hear him fumbling around with the key and the lock and finally he is inside. I keep thinking Louis may have hurt himself again and is laying on the bathroom floor or something. His infection may be back and he might be sick. I shouldn't have left him alone.

"It's quiet, it looks like no one is home" Noah brings me out of my thoughts.

"Check the whole apartment, don't leave any room out" I tell him.

Niall comes over to my desk looking worried.

"Niall can you try and get Louis on the phone? Call his mobile?" I ask him.

Niall nods and sets to calling Louis.

"The house is completely empty Harry" Noah says.

Shit, where the fuck has he gone.

"Are his wallet and skateboard gone from his room?" I ask Noah.

There is silence on the other line for a few minuets.

"Yep it looks like it" Noah says.

"Well, hopefully he has just gone out for a skate or something, it doesn't explain why he hasn't answered his phone though" I say.

"I've called 8 times Harry and he hasn't answered" Niall says from beside me.

"Okay go ask tech if they can track his phone Ni" I say quickly.

Niall is up out of his seat in a second and heading down the corridor.

"Noah, can you stay at the apartment and let me know if and when he comes back?" I tell him.

"Of course Harry, should I go check the skate bowl?" He asks.

"No you stay there, I'll get patrol to go have a check at the bowl. I'll talk soon. Thanks Noah" I say.

"Anytime" he says and we hang up.

I call patrol, Lucus and Murdock are on again thankfully, as they know what Louis looks like. They agree to go have a check at the bowl for him and will call me back.

I really hope he is okay, something doesn't sit right with me. I hope he isn't hurt. I then think about stingers gang and what if they have him. Fuck....I really start to panic.

Niall comes back Into the room ten minutes later.

"Tech tracked his phone, but before they could get a location, his phone went flat" Niall says.

Shit.

"Okay I'm heading back to the apartment, get a BOL out and I want Zayn and Liam home when they are finished at the site" I tell Niall.

"You don't think he has just gone out for some air?" Niall asks.

"No, well I think maybe he might have to begin with but something has happened, he isn't answering his phone and he wouldn't have given up the chance to hang out with Noah" I say back.

"Yeah, you're right. Do you think it's related to Stinger?" Niall asks nervously.

"I fucking hope not Niall, but my gut is telling me otherwise" I say.

"Shit, well let's find him Harry. I don't want anything bad happening to him" Niall says.

He then gets to calling patrol and putting out a BOL on Louis and Stingers gang.

We pack up and get ready to leave the office, I call Zayn and Liam and let them know what's happening.

"We will find him H, don't worry" Liam reassures me.

"We are leaving the crime scene as we speak H, we will see you back at home" Zayn says.

"Okay thanks guys" I say and we hang up.

Patrol then calls my phone and I'm hoping they are calling to tell me they found Louis.

"Styles" I answer quickly.

"Hey boss, witnesses have said that Stingers gang were at the grocery store on Marks Street and that Louis was there at around 9 this morning. Louis had his skateboard, he brought gummy worms and then left. We spoke to the clerk on the phone, he said that his cameras show Louis leaving and a member of Stingers gang leaving straight after him" Lucus informs me,

"Shit, are there any other cameras to the car park?" I ask.

"We are heading over now to check them out and have a scope of the place, we will get back to you" he says.

"Okay thanks, I want you guys to hurry, code three" I tell them.

"Sure boss, we will find Louis for you" Lucas says and hangs up.

I grip the steering wheel tightly and try and calm myself down.

"Niall if anything happens to him" I start.

"Don't go there H, let's just concentrate on finding him hey" he tells me. I nod.

I have never felt this useless or out of control in my entire life. I'm worried sick and I will never forgive myself if something happened to Louis. When we get to the apartment, Noah is sitting on the couch. I fill him in on what's going on and he looks utterly devastated,

"Harry, I'm so so sorry if anything happens to him" he says clearly upset.

"Noah, this is not your fault kid. We just need to find him okay" I tell him.

He nods and I go to making a few more calls. An hour later and it's dark outside, Liam, Zayn, Niall and Noah and three police officers are all in our apartment. Andy shows up once he has heard the news too. We decide that we need to get together a search party and head out to the streets to find Louis. Just as we are sorting things out, my phone buzzes for the millionth time in my pocket.

"Styles" I say angrily, I'm getting agitated with no new leads on Louis.

"Boss, the store was shut when we got here, we scoped the place out but Louis isn't here" Murdoch tells me.

"Fuck" I yell.

"Well where the fuck is he then?" I yell.

"We don't know, but we...we found a packet of gummy worms and Louis skateboard H, in the Alleyway.....and....and there was fresh blood on the ground" Murdock tells me.

My face pales and I drop my phone...fuck

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 49 6
// 18 + MATURE CONTENT „Hello?! Should I write you a description of what you need to do next?!" „No. I was just admiring your beauty." Curly panted h...
459K 15.6K 37
If you're looking for a fic with better writing and less irritating characters PLEASE take a look at my other fics instead (not 'I'm Fine', and prefe...
2.2K 82 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
468K 12.4K 17
In the space of five minutes Louis life has turned upside down His mum is getting married to her boyfriend James, he's moving house and he's getting...